Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16288 Hwang vs. Guy

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXI

yoshimitsu_primary.jpg.cc5070d20a3eb20961371a7acb9beb72.jpg

Taki, Seong Mi-Na, and Chai Xianghua, now conscious for the first time since their respective battles, (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) wandered around a new unfamiliar environment, a dark cavern.

Chai Xianghua rubbed her head. “Where are we?”

“Wherever it is, I don’t trust it,” Taki responded.

Yoshimitsu stepped into the light. “Do not fear, you are safe here.”

Seong Mi-Na gasped. “Yoshitmitsu!”

“What is going on? How did we get here?” Taki demanded.

“This was the compromise I made with those who defeated you so that you wouldn’t have to remain in a state of unconsciousness,” Yoshimitsu answered.

Taki’s face was visibly disgusted by the word compromise.

“Why did they want to keep us in that state?” Seong Mi-Na inquired. “Why not just kill us.”

“Their goals were never to kill any of you or Talim, Viola, and Z.W.E.I. They just wanted to keep you away from Soul Edge to ensure that it could never fully reform. It is their belief that the sword is calling out to each one of you and clouding your judgment. Given everything that has happened it would be foolish to reject this idea out of hand,” Yoshimitsu explained.

Taki glared at the leader of the Manji Clan. “You would dare dishonor your ancestor’s legacy and your clan by siding against us?”

“It is not that simple,” Yoshimitsu insisted.

Chai Xianghua placed her hand on Taki’s shoulder. “Taki, please, now is not the time for pride. If we have learned anything from our recent fights (REF: TAKI VS. KASUMI) it is that although we were at one time the strongest fighters in the world, that may no longer be the case. If these stronger warriors are also trying to stop Soul Edge from returning to the world, maybe we should help them.”

Taki scoffed. “Help them? Their plan doesn’t even make sense. They wanted to keep us away from Soul Edge, but here we are with the man entrusted with the sword.”

Yoshimitsu corrected her. “That is not entirely accurate.”

“What?”

“The sword is currently in possession of my apprentice and the Dragon ninja, Ryu Hayabusa,” stated Yoshimitsu.

“You gave up possession of the sword?” asked Seong Mi-Na.

“Hayabusa defeated me in battle and proved himself more worthy of the burden,” Yoshimistu replied. (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA)

Taki was incredulous. “So what do we do now? Just wait out the most important battle in centuries in this cave? I can’t do that.”

“Perhaps we don’t have to. Surely there are ways we can help without risking the full reconstruction of Soul Edge,” said Xianghua.

“I think there might be,” agreed Yoshimistu. “If all those in pursuit of defeating Soul Edge keep fighting amongst themselves it will only further help the Evil Seed. You three can help stop that by stopping other members of the pact from getting involved directly and fighting those trying to defeat Soul Edge. I know they are out there but I have yet to hear from Seigfried, Kilik, Sophitia (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. CHARLOTTE), Mitsurugi, Ivy (REF: CHRISTIE VS. IVY). We need to make sure they understand what is going on here. Only by working together will we be able to win.”

“Do you think there are stronger fighters than the ones we fought?” asked Xianghua.

Yoshimitsu’s tone was solemn. “I know there are, and some of them are very bad people that would embrace Soul Edge fully.” 

“If we do this I hope we are not too late in stopping Hwang. I reached out to him before Taki, Xianghua, and I confronted those fighters in the village,” said Seong Mi-Na.

“Where is Hwang?” asked Xianghua.

“He had remained in Korea for the last century in seclusion,” Seong Mi-Na answered. “Despite being more than capable of defending the homeland that he loves, he wanted to find the next hero that Korea could turn to.” (REF: HWANG VS. HWOARANG)

“If you reached out to him, I doubt that he remained there. I have no doubt that he is already in Japan,” stated Taki.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1943807774_hwangscvi.jpg.07f837cfe36442324593074cbaec6c72.jpg

Terry Bogard, Rose, and Guy left Dhalsim to look after Mai Shiranui and continued to their destination.  (REF: LEI FEI VS. DHALSIM) As they walked closer to the G-Corporation tower, rain started falling and lightning flashed through the sky.

“It is almost like the whole world is trying to stop us from sieging that tower,” noted Guy.

Terry clenched his fist. “That just makes me want to do it more.”

Guy nodded in agreement. “It will be an honor to fight alongside you, Terry.”

“The pride of both Metro City and Southtown about to face their strongest test,” Rose remarked. “I will support you both in any way that I can.”

“Before we do this, Terry, about Andy…” Guy began.

Terry cut him off. “I told you before, I don’t blame you for what happened (REF: ANDY BOGARD VS. GUY) and Andy doesn’t either. Now let’s do this.”

A mysterious figure in a curved hat and a mask up to his eyes stepped in front of the trio.

“I have finally tracked you down!” shouted the mysterious figure.

“Now what?” complained Terry.

“He is one of them,”  declared Rose. “I should have sensed him sooner. It was a failure on my part. He is one of the warriors from the past infected by Soul Edge.”

“While I may have shards of the evil sword lodged within me, it does not control me, I control it,” Hwang insisted.

“A false sense of control to be sure,” Rose retorted.

“You do not know what you speak of, or what I have gone though to be where I am now,” said Hwang.

“What business do you have with us?” asked Terry.

“Do not be coy. I know it was you. You are the ones responsible for hurting my friends,” Hwang accused.

“I haven’t fought or hurt anybody yet,” said Terry.

“Not you, her.” Hwang pointed at Rose. “Seong Mi-Na told me she was coming here with help to rescue our friends  (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA), but then she vanished. I have come to Japan and I can’t sense her or them. I came this location because I sensed malfested nearby. (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES). It is no wonder that it would lead me directly to you. What have you done with my friends?”

Guy stood protectively in front of Rose. “Any action Rose has taken has been for the greater good.”

Hwang pulled out his sword. “No action involving hurting Seong Mi-Na could be considered the greater good.”

Rose had seen some visions of the battles that occurred between her allies and Hwang’s  (REF: SEONG MI-NA VS. MOMIJI) , but none of it was clear and she dreaded the involvement of any other warriors from the past.

“In truth, I don’t know where your friend is now,” she told Hwang. “We entrusted the one called Viola and a couple of others into the hands of our new allies in hopes that they would be able to remove the evil that laid dormant inside them.  (REF: RYO SAKAZAKI VS. AKIRA YUKI) But, that was the last interaction we had with any of them.”

Hwang seized on the uncertainty in Rose’s voice. “You are lying. You know more than what you are saying.” He lifted his sword and stepped into a battle stance.

Guy remained in front of Rose and turned his head toward Terry. “It’s like I said, the whole world is trying to stop us from getting to that tower. But, we can’t let it. Take Rose and get the job done. I will handle this.”

“She is not leaving, not until I get answers and she leads me to my friends,” insisted Hwang.

He attempted to dash toward Rose, but was cut off by Guy.

“You are going to have to get through me,” stated Guy.

“Be careful, Guy,” said Rose before she was whisked away by Terry Bogard.

I am going to go with Guy here. He's actually one of the most skilled and dangerous characters in the Street Fighter universe, and despite the fact that he doesn't utilize powers-- he none the less gets by with his training as the Bushin-ryuu Master, not to mention he can perform short bursts of superhuman speed which I think Hwang would have a really tough time with.

Was wondering when Taki, Seong Mi-Na, and Chai Xianghua were going to show back up. Their matches feel like ages ago. Another good unfolding of the story.

I like Hwang's style more than I care for Guy's. This is a close fight to me.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.50 Total Combined Score
9.50 / 2 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Hwang: 2
Guy: 3