Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 16285 Lei Fei vs. Dhalsim

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXX

113067177_chunlikikosho.png.9919823c0db6e89cc04e919e8390afa3.png

Involved in a scuffle in a Shaolin temple courtyard, Chun Li was quite impressed by her opponent who claimed to be the legendary figure, Naotora Li.  (REF: CHUN-LI VS. NAOTORA LI) Naotora’s kicks were fast, furious, and powerful, aided by blade tipped heavy armor boots. Chun Li believed Naotora’s kicks were almost as potent as her own. Almost. 

A fierce kick in the air by Naotora produced a wave of energy that crashed into Chun Li. It was the same move that had put down many of Chun Li’s interpol colleagues. Chun Li protected herself with her forearms and was able to withstand  the attack. Chun Li then pushed off the ground and twirled her legs above her head, performing her patented Spinning Bird Kick. The move instantly confused Naotora Li who had never seen a kicking technique like it before. The initial confusion gave Chun Li the opening to strike Naotora Li several times with the technique. Naotora fell to the ground and tried to immediately rebound with an attempted sweep of Chun Li’s legs. Chun Li jumped over the sweep and delivered two Hyakuretsukyaku lightning kicks with each leg. The rapid fire kicks dazed Naotora Li.

“Kikosho!”

Chun Li unleashed a huge ball of blue ki energy from her palms. The ki blast engulfed Naotora Li and put down the famed leader of the Li Clan.

Naotora Li struggled to get back up to one knee.

“I have lost,” she lamented. “I accept this defeat to such a mighty warrior and the death sentence that follows.”

“No. Wait!”

The yellow robed man who had caught the attention of the Interpol agents when they first arrived at the temple had now reappeared and stepped into the courtyard.

“I’ll tell you whatever you want to know if you just spare her life.”

Chun Li was appalled at the implication of that offer. “I didn’t come here with the intent to kill anyone. I just want answers.”  (REF: YANG VS. LI LONG)

“About the boy who was killed in Hong Kong?” guessed the monk.  (REF: SEAN MATSUDA VS. EDDY GORDO)

“How did you know?” Chun Li wondered.

“Because….’ the monk looked down at the still kneeling Naotora Li with sadness. “Bringing you here was the reason he was killed.”

Chun Li gasped. “Yun was killed because of me?”

Naotora Li looked up with confusion. “What?”

“I do not wish to put any undue guilt on you, but yes. Yun was targeted so that you would be too distracted to stop the resurrection of the Soul Edge sword. (REF: LEI FEI VS. YUN) He was used as a tool to bring you here.” The monk pointed at Naotora Li. “The thought was that she would defeat you and thus remove you as an obstacle.”

“I never knew any of that,” Naotora Li insisted. She glanced up at Chun Li. “I was brought into this strange new land accidentally by a place called MIST. They then told me that they didn’t know how to send me back. I wandered around aimlessly for a long time until I was approached by a generous well built man with whie hair. He promised me that he would find a way to get me back home. All that he asked is that I protect a group of monks in the meantime.”

“From the moment she entered this temple we all adored her. She was so kind and motherly to all of us. She is the reason why many of us went along with this plot,” stated the monk.

Chun Li was still a little perplexed. “I still don’t get it. How did everyone know I would arrive here? Is Yun’s killer here amongst you? Is Yun Killer’s one of the monks at this temple?”

“Lei Fei is a member of our order, but recently he has been straying farther and farther from the path. Our order was established centuries ago by the Emperor to eliminate anyone practicing a martial art superior to his own. Admittedly, our order has been somewhat lost as of late without an Emperor to adhere to. This has led some in our order to turn to mercenary work. Lei Fei is one such member,” explained the monk.

“Please accept my humblest apology. I had no idea I was being used for such devious means,” Naotora Li pleaded.

“Where is Lei Fei now?” Chun Li asked.

“In pursuit of a second target, a Yoga Master.  (REF: DHALSIM VS. VOLDO) This one was conditional if the previous effort to eliminate him had failed,” answered the monk. (REF: MENAT VS. ZAFINA)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sfivrose.jpg.dc1ff7be08adf75f811a6e3de64b4129.jpg

At a Japanese restaurant close to G Corporation headquarters, Rose, Guy, Dhalsim, and Terry Bogard looked on intently as Mai Shiranui successfully utilized her fans and her flames to keep the enraged savate fighter, Katarina Alves, at a distance until she could get the opening to put her down. (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES)

“It is curious we would find a person possessed by Soul Edge so close to our destination,” Dhalsim remarked. “Perhaps the decision to make haste to the G Corporation was wise. Who knows who else they have possibly infected.”

“If Kazuya was responsible for infecting this woman why did she beat down his men?” Terry wondered.

“Being infected by Soul Edge doesn’t make you a subordinate slave,” Rose corrected. “It only amplifies your anger...your rage...your hate.”

“The longer we stay here, the more opportunity there is for more people to suffer this terrible fate,” Guy noted.

“He is right,” stated Dhalsim. “Which is why you three should continue on to the tower. I will stay here and keep an eye on Mai. I have every confidence that she will win. We will catch up as soon as we can.”

Rose nodded. “Ok then. Be safe, Dhalsim.”

Rose, Guy, and Terry Bogard left the restaurant and resumed their march to the G Corporation tower.

Dhalsim started to levitate as he kept his eye on the fight between Mai and Katerina.

A few moments after his allies had left, someone else entered the restaurant.

“I have been tailing you for awhile. I was starting to worry that I wouldn’t get an opportunity to get you alone,” said Lei Fei.

“Are you seeking me out as a part of your pursuit for enlightenment?” asked Dhalsim.

Lei Fei pulled out a knife. “Not exactly. Although why I was paid to kill a Yoga Master from India is a question I haven’t been able to answer.”

Dhalsim quickly extended his right arm and knocked the knife out of Lei Fei’s hand.

Lei Fei’s eyes widened. “You are full of surprises. You will teach me these techniques immediately if you want me to spare your life.”

“I think not,” replied Dhalsim.

21 hours ago, patrickthekid said:

I'm going with Dhalsim on this one. Teleporting and fireballs are a bit more than a Virtua Fighter character can handle.

Virtua Fighter characters don't have the best respect, but Lei Fei has some fine moves if he can stay close enough to Dhalsim. I originally wanted to pair him up in 2nd round against Li Long, but Li Long lost and I thought it would be redundant to have Lei Fei fight both Yun and Yang. I figured a fight between two somewhat stereotypical game representatons of Eastern religions made sense.

I'm going to hand this one to Dhalsim... Not only do his yoga abilities give him some adequate range whenever he stretches his arms and legs to strike an enemy, he can also yoga teleport. That's definitely going to give Lei Fei some trouble right there. And add on top of that his Yoga Fire, Yoga Flame, Yoga Inferno and his abilities of limited levitation and flight-- well, that's something Lei Fei is going to have a hard time in coping with.

On 4/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, patrickthekid said:

I'm going with Dhalsim on this one. Teleporting and fireballs are a bit more than a Virtua Fighter character can handle.

Yeah pretty much this.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - SSJRuss
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Lei Fei: 0
Dhalsim: 4