MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16279 Kasumi vs. Master Raven

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXIX

masterraven.jpg.312a22666be0a4aaac274742bf2f4274.jpg

On an offshore base for the United Nations Intelligence Service, Master Raven resheathed her sword and walked away from the newly knocked out body of Groh. (REF: MASTER RAVEN VS. GROH) A few of her lieutenants waited for her outside the door.

“These recent intrusions are unacceptable. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN) The security here is not up to standard and the entire operation has been severely compromised because of it. Within the next day we need to destroy this base and set up shop elsewhere,” Master Raven commanded.

“Yes ma'am.”

Another one of the lieutenants handed a file to Master Raven. “This is everything we have on the Mugen Tenshin. What is our next move?”

“Interrogate the man who just invaded our base. Find out his connection to the Soul Edge weapon,” Master Raven informed.

“What about you?”

Master Raven lifted the file in her hand. “I am taking a unit and going after this clan.”

“Are you sure that’s a wise decision?”

“The Mugen Tenshin clan stole highly classified information from us and I want it back. As well as names of anyone they may have leaked the information to. We need to bottle this up right now,” Master Raven explained.

“Understood.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

makii.jpg.f5feb806d9b32204f8ab5d9eb36abd70.jpg

Elsewhere, Maki Genryusai returned to the hut where she had originally tried to help Chizuru Kagura, Kyo Kusanagi, and her other allies extract the shards of Soul Edge from the bodies of ancient warriors. (REF: RYO SAKAZAKI VS. AKIRA YUKI)  She hoped she would find that some of them had returned so that they could reconnect. She found one.

Benimaru Nikaido was laid out on the ground and groaning in pain.

“Hey, are you okay?” she asked.

Benimaru struggled to respond with a small laugh. “There you are. I came here looking for you and Ryo so that we could meet up with the others. Instead I ran into a beautiful woman tangled up with Jin Kazama and the Mishima Zaibatsu. (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER) She roughed me up pretty bad. She was looking for answers.”

“What did you tell her?” Maki wondered.

“Nothing about the mission,” answered Benimaru. He rubbed his chest. “That didn’t make her too happy. Man, she could really pack a punch.”

“From the looks of it, you should consider yourself fortunate that she didn’t kill you,” stated Maki. 

Benimaru smiled. “She must have seen something she liked. Something worth preserving.”

Maki rolled her eyes.

Benimaru’s eyes darted back and forth. “Where is Ryo? Is he still not with you?”

“He was taken by a member of the Mugen Tenshin Clan, a friend of that Ryu Hayabusa guy. Said they could heal him up quicker,” replied Maki. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. KUMA)

“You didn’t go with them?”  

Maki shook her head. “I wanted to touch base with all of you. Make sure you were all doing okay. And also I have been stuck playing the part of medical transport. First for Ryo, then the taekwondo fighter (REF: LUONG VS. JURI HAN), then the other taekwondo fighter.  (REF: KIM KAPHWAN VS. JURI HAN) It looks like I am going to have to add you to the list.”

Benimaru chuckled. “You may have found a second career.”

Maki vehemently disagreed. ”No way.”

Benimaru motioned toward his pocket. “If you are looking to get back in the game and some real action you should give Kyo a call. I am pretty sure he is the one that has been blowing up my phone.  (REF: E. HONDA VS. GORO DAIMON)  I can’t lift my arm to answer it. I think it may be broken.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ryosakazaki.jpg.8d83b14dbc538afa832d2445cc01f033.jpg

Back at the Mugen Tenshin camp, Ryo Sakazaki’s fight with Hayate to prove himself continued. (REF: HAYATE VS. RYO SAKAZAKI) Despite his best efforts, Hayate could not keep Ryo down. His failure to easily defeat the kyokugenryu practitioner was beginning to frustrate him. He did not want to hurt Ryo, but he did not want to be upstaged by him either. The two martial arts experts went back and forth with neither man able to get in a deciding blow. The exertion of energy was draining both men. Ryo successfully utilized his Joudan Uke parrying technique to avoid a couple more of Hayate’s kicks. Hayate took to the air to attack Ryo from above. Seeing this opportunity, Ryo knocked Hayate back to the ground with a rising uppercut. Before Hayate could completely recover, Ryo stepped in closer and delivered a powerful Ko’ou Ken to put Hayate firmly on the ground.

Kasumi let out an audible gasp. The sight of her brother being defeated in this skirmish truly shocked her. Like Hayate, she had underestimated this fighter from Southtown. But in her case, it was mostly due to her immense respect for her brother’s abilities that she was always caught off guard when he lost.

While still on the ground, Hayate congratulated his challenger. “I may have been done in by my own hubris. Your moves are very impressive, Ryo Sakazaki.”

Ryo offered his hand to Hayate and helped pick the Mugen Tenshin ninja back up.

“You can fight by my side any day,” Hayate continued.

“It is always a little exciting to find new highly skilled fighters that we did not know about before,” Kasumi added.

“Thank you,” replied Ryo.

“I hope you know that my brother and I intended no disrespect. Our only concern is to win the battles ahead and to keep as many people safe from those battles as we can,” Kasumi assured.

Ryo nodded. “I understand.”

“Well then, I will make final preparations and we can all go after this evil together,” Hayate announced.

“Are you sure you don’t want to recover first?” Kasumi inquired. “It looks like that fight took a lot out of you.”

Hayate held on to his sister’s hand. “Kasumi, you know as well as anyone that battles don’t wait for breathers. We need to join in before the situation deteriorates further.”

Kasumi looked to the ground and acquiesced. “Yes, you are right, of course.”

Ryo approached Kasumi after Hayate took his leave of them.

“When your clan was tending to my injuries they told me that you defeated one of the warriors that attacked me,” said Ryo. (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA)

“That’s right,” said Kasumi. (REF: TAKI VS. KASUMI)

“How was it? How strong was she?” asked Ryo. “I could not get a good sense for her abilities given the nature of the attack and the fact that there were two of them.”

“She was one of the strongest kunoichis I’ve ever come across,” Kasumi admitted. “It’s almost funny, this thing, this sword, has attracted more powerful fighters then I even knew were in the world. And it seems clear that there are more on the way.”

Ryo nodded his head in agreement.

A Mugen Tenshin ninja ran towards Kasumi. “There are helicopters approaching the camp from multiple directions!”

“What? Are they DOATEC helicopters? Or MIST helicopters?” Kasumi inquired.

“I did not recognize any of the insignias on them,” the ninja replied.

Soon, the sound of helicopter propellers filled the air. Black choppers loomed over the camp from different angles. Men and women dressed in black leather and sunglasses descended from the helicopters. The camp erupted into a chaotic battle between these new invaders and the Mugen Tenshin.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kasumi spotted one of the invaders who stood out amongst the others in the distance. She had dark skin, braids, and her armor was unlike anyone else that came from above. Kasumi figured her unique look must signal importance and ran towards the woman, doing her best to avoid the fray so she would not lose sight of her.

“Hayate!”

Master Raven had finally tracked down her target amidst the chaos when she came upon him knocking down a couple of her men. Hayate immediately took note of the woman shouting his name. He had a suspicion of where she and the men he was fighting had come from and that suspicion would soon be confirmed.

“You stole classified information and severely beat my subordinate. I can’t allow that to stand,” she proclaimed. “Whatever your motives, the Mugen Tenshin had no jurisdiction to interfere in this operation.”

Hayate scoffed. “Jurisdiction is a concept that has no meaning here. I did what I thought was right to clean up the mess that your protege helped cause.”

“Whatever may or may not have happened was being taken care of and had nothing to do with you. Is it the Mugen Tenshin’s custom to stick its nose in where it doesn’t belong?”

“It is becoming my clan’s custom to fix the mistakes of others,” retorted Hayate.

“Listen. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. If you return what you took and give me a full detailing of everyone you have shared this information with, I can call off the siege of your camp,” Master Raven promised.

“Then I’m going to go with the hard way. All your agency has done so far is proven it can’t be trusted,” stated Hayate.

Master Raven pulled out her sword. “Very well. I’m not disappointed you have chosen this path. When I defeat you here, I can use it as a reminder to my subordinate just how wide the gap still is.”

After an explosion of pink petals, Kasumi suddenly appeared in front of Master Raven. She spun around and knocked Master Raven’s blade away with her own. Master Raven jumped in the air backwards, teleported, and reappeared next to her blade to reclaim it.

“If you are looking for a fight, I will be your opponent,” Kasumi announced.

Kasumi feared for her brother given the amount of stamina used in his fight against Ryo. She stood firm in front of him.

“Impressive,” stated Master Raven. “But predictable. You are the one called Kasumi, correct?”

Kasumi nodded.

Master Raven stepped into her fighting stance. “Kasumi, you have made a grave miscalculation getting in my way.” 

I like Kasumi’s new Battle Image. 🥰

I definitely gotta go with Kasumi here... She's generally considered to be a superior ninja to the likes of her brother, Hayate. She's gone up against some very dangerous enemies like Raidou whom she managed to fight evenly against in the first DOA and even defeated him (albeit with some help last minute by Hayabusa according to DOA Dimensions) and then later on at some point assisted in killing some Fiends in the Ninja Gaiden games (although her role was regulated to a cameo, it was implied she assisted anyway) and then went on to defeat Alpha-152, and repeatedly got into conflicts with Phase-4. Also, there's the fact that Kasumi has some very powerful ninpo spells which can definitely come to play here, especially from the DOA lore and Ninja Gaiden lore.

Gotta go with Kasumi here..

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.50 Total Combined Score
9.50 / 2 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 6
Master Raven: 0