Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16119 El Fuerte vs. El Blaze

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CX

best-main-dining-5.jpg.772c2d546ea263dd7714d6223a1b956e.jpg

Helena stood at the top of a staircase leading to the Freedom Survivor’s dining hall. Zack stood by her side as the fighters they had gathered together entered in the hall for the feast

“Is that everyone?” asked Zack.

“I don’t see Tina. I know she has been a little depressed lately, I hope she is doing okay,” Helena remarked.

“Don’t worry, I’m on it boss lady,” Zack announced.  (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD)

After Zack’s departure, Helena noticed that a few other fighters were missing as well. It was their choice not to attend, it wasn’t mandatory . Helena made a mental note to make sure she told them the plan going forward, she then turned her attention to the fighters and DOATEC members now sitting below her including Guile, Armor King, Wolf Hawkfield, Lei Wulong, Jann Lee, Hitomi, Leifang, Pai Chan, Marshall Law, Paul Phoenix, Brad Wong, Eliot, Asuka Kazama, Makoto, and Josie Rizal .

“Welcome everyone,” Helena announced. “I once again want to express my gratitude for your assistance in this very important mission. We have our very first target. Those of you who have participated in Dead or Alive tournaments in the past are familiar with the fiendish organization, MIST. It will come as no surprise to you that Victor Donovan and his organization are involved in trying to obtain Soul Edge, and are actively working with Kazuya Mishima and the G-Corporation to accomplish that goal. Thanks to Lisa Hamilton (REF: MASTER RAVEN VS. GROH), we now have the location of Donovan’s secret base. We will fly a team there and take it down. Also, we now have the name of another who is after the blade, the same man who sent Shermie here  (REF: BONNE JENET VS. CERVANTES DE LEON) to take me down. (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE).  His name is Urien, and my team is trying to get as much information on him as possible as we speak.” Helena paused for a moment. “While there is much to do, first on the agenda is a wonderful suggestion that was made to me by one of the fighters, the magnificent fighting chef, El Fuerte. I will now cede the floor to him to tell you all why you are here now.”

Helena bowed gracefully as El Fuerte made his way up the staircase to the sound of applause mostly from the DOA security detail.

“I didn’t know your security was going to be a part of this feast too,” El Fuerte whispered.

“They helped with the storm and the pirate siege just as much as any of the fighters gathered here.  (REF: BONNE JENET VS. LILI ROCHEFORT) They are no less deserving of our gratitude,” Helena replied. “If you are worried about the amount of mouths to feed, I will give you any man power you require to make sure everyone is taken care of.”

El Fuerte smiled. “Muchas gracias.”

The luchador then turned to face the expectant crowd.

“Hola amigos, as Helena stated I had an idea. I felt everyone deserved a delicious meal after the bizarre hell we recently endured,” El Fuerte announced.

“Hear, hear,” Brad Wong shouted.

“She agreed and here we are. I have cooked something really special for you all. Final preparations are being made now and the serving should start shortly,” stated El Fuerte.

“I can’t wait to taste it, my friend,” Paul Phoenix called out.

“I’ll be sure to give you any notes or critiques after the meal,” Marshall Law added with a chuckle.

El Fuerte laughed nervously while avoiding direct eye contact with his new found friends.  (REF: LING XIAOYU VS. PAI CHAN) He quickly descended back down the stairs and into the kitchen. He tried desperately to hide his dread over what was about to happen. His fear of Urien’s threats  (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. JANN LEE) kept him from screaming to anyone who would listen about what he had done.

His sous chef approached him with some concerns. “Due to the larger crowd outside we are doubling the shredded pork, but we can’t get it to taste exactly like yours despite following all the ingredients, Any thoughts?”

El Fuerte exploded. “You didn’t eat any of my shredded pork did you?”

The sous chef stepped back in fear and confusion from the sudden outburst. “Just a taste for comparison purposes. Is that not ok?”

El Fuerte took a deep breath to remain calm. “I just worked really really hard to get it just right for the warriors out there and I would be disappointed if they missed out on any of it.”

“Ok then.”

“I bet some of those fighters are vegetarians, or at the very least don’t eat pork,” said one of the bussers.

“I have some wonderful dishes for them tambien, I wanted to assure no one was left out,” El Fuerte confirmed.

El Fuerte had tried his best to spread out the secret ingredient he had received from Shermie (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL)  to as many dishes as possible without altering the taste. He was certain it would not infect everyone, but that it should affect enough to cause the chaos that Urien wanted.

As soon as the first course was served, El Fuerte hopelessly wanted to flee the scene, but he did not want to arouse suspicion. However, once the last course made its way out of the kitchen, the anxiety became too much for him. El Fuerte made his way to exit the kitchen.

“Are you going to see how everyone is enjoying their meals?” asked the sous chef.

El Fuerte lied in response. “I am going to go check on that basketball player that was attacked.  (REF: HITOMI VS. KASUMI TODOH) I believe his nombre es Lucky. I feel bad he didn’t get to enjoy the meal.”

El Fuerte quickly left the kitchen and the dining hall before anyone else could say another word. Out in the hallways fights were already starting between DOATEC security that had left the feast early. The bits of Soul Edge were infecting people faster than El Fuerte had anticipated. He watched from a distance as Wolf Hawkfield succumbed to the rage and attacked Armor King. El Fuerte spun on his heel and went in a different direction and after a few minutes that way too was blocked off by fighting, this time between an infected Jann Lee and Marshall Law as well as Pai Chan and Leifang.  (REF:  PAI CHAN VS. LEI FANG). It was udder madness, as if a bar brawl was consuming the entire ship.

The hallways were filling up with people fighting.  (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. MAKOTO) El Fuerte thought for a moment that it might be easier to cut across the dining room amongst the chaos. He nixed that idea when he saw through the dining room door window, Guile deliver a flash kick to Lei Wulong.  (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE) El Fuerte’s heart broke further when his eye caught his friend, Paul Phoenix, in the distance fighting Hitomi. El Fuerte saw that orange glow in Paul’s eyes. (REF: HITOMI VS. PAUL PHOENIX) El Fuerte decided the best escape may be going the long way around and went outside to the top deck. He almost immediately crashed into a scuffle between Eliot and and an enraged Josie Rizal, so he turned back inside. 

El Fuerte needed to get to the helicopter pad, but first he would have to set Shermie free. He ducked and darted his way through the hallways so that he wouldn’t be spotted. When he arrived at the holding cells, he wondered how hard it would be to spring Shermie loose. Surely, most of the security detail would be too busy with the overwhelming chaos surrounding the dining room. There was one man, an hispanic DOATEC security guard, standing at the entrance.

“El Fuerte what are you doing here?” the guard asked. “I heard that the ship has devolved into a madhouse.”

“It has. I just came to...uh..make sure the prisoner wasn’t trying to escape,” said El Fuerte.

“She is secure. There is no reason to think she is involved with this unless…..” the guard trailed off. “Unless you are here to try and free her.”

El Fuerte stepped into a fighting stance. “I’m sorry, but I have no choice.”

“What is happening right now is your fault? You did this, with your food,” the guard guessed. He then curled his lip in disgust. “So this is what you have become. How disgraceful.”

“It is complicated,” El Fuerte insisted. “You cannot judge me, you don’t know anything about me.”

“I know more than you think.” the guard retorted. “Do you really not recognize me?”

The guard looked very familiar to El Fuerte, but he could not quite place it. The guard pulled a black luchador mask out of his pocket and placed it over his head.

“El Blaze! Que incredible!” shouted El Fuerte. “When did you arrive here?”

“I work for Miss Douglas,” answered El Blaze. “I got tired of dominating in the ring in Mexico and there has not been a Judgment 6 tournament in a long time. I figured this job would at least give me the chance to see the world in an exciting way. I decided not to go to the feast because I still resent you for leaving the ring to pursue other things and denying the fans the dream match they had been craving,” explained El Blaze. “But, even with all that ,I never would have dreamed that you would have fallen this far. This goes beyond heel work.”

“I am only doing what I must,” reiterated El Fuerte. “And I mustn't fail.”

El Blaze prepared himself to fight. “I don’t know what your end goal is but I know you must be stopped. This isn’t the setting I had pictured for our first fight, but it will do. Prepare yourself, traitor.”

This drama on the Freedom Survivor is nuts. I love it. This part really shines to me and was written well. It shows a bigger picture which is cool.

So, Rey Mysterio vs Rey Mysterio, huh? Personally, I'm more of a El Blaze guy and like him a whole lot more. He might win this but I kinda want El Fuerte to win just to see if he succeeds in his mission.

This is a dream match for sure.

Ah, the El Fuerte angle finally appears to be coming to a head. :) Another good set-up, Johnny. It's good to see more of El Fuerte's uneasiness over his actions thus far.

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Sorry El Fuerte, but from what I remember he’s a chief first and foremost and a fighter second.

Not from what I've seen. He actually appears to have an about-equal passion for both, but seems to get a mixed reaction from his meals. 

As for the match, I'm gonna have to think about his match-up of the lucha libres for a bit. Both Blaze and Fuerte have a lot of moves, but while Blaze seems to have stiffer strikes, Fuerte has more power slams can become even quicker with the Habanero Dash.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - RakaiThwei
5.00 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
15.00 Total Combined Score
15.00 / 3 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
El Fuerte: 0
El Blaze: 4

Gah! How did I forget to vote and rate this match?! I was leaning toward El Fuerte myself, but it wouldn't have mattered for the final vote.

• Like 1