Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16045 Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Chin Gentsai

RakaiThwei

Things were not looking very good for this match as far as the Psycho Soldier team was concerned. They had already lost two matches and the third seemed to be appearing not so much different. Momoko worked to duck, weave, and even flip over the incoming staff which her opponent wielded with great efficiency to the point where she was working a sweat. As she watched as the red masked Turtle swung the weapon across for her ankles, she immediately pushed herself up with her feet only to throw her weight back to perform a reverse somersault upon landing. She took in a deep breath of air through her nose, releasing the tension as she puffed her cheeks out upon blowing the air out. She had never come across an opponent like this and one so… bizarre.

Donatello had the advantage in reach and he knew it, choosing to play to that strength. His opponent was nimble, quick but she had difficulty in getting in. And that was the game plan but there had been a few moments when she had managed to get in but he quickly placed the distance between himself and her— though despite her unconventional and rhythmic fighting style, he was able to hold his own even in close range. Donatello immediately twirled his staff in a figure eight motion, shifting the weapon from right to left and he quickly thrust his arms forward, driving the weapon outward as he took aim for Momoko’s mid-section and shoulders.

“Eeeep!” Momoko gasped, eyes widened as she had swerved and spun out of the way from the staff.

Donatello then swung the back end of the staff vertically for the top of Momoko’s head, and he managed to strike the weapon down onto the girl’s head. The small and petite Capoeira fighter buckled down and she narrowed her eyes in an immediate display of discomfort and pain. Quickly, she moved her hands up to grip the sides of her head. Seeing her wide open, Donatello then tensed his leg muscles only to push himself up and he threw his weight to turn as he then snapped his right leg outward, performing a jumping back thrust kick. His foot made impact with Momoko’s mid-section, and the young woman gasped as air was pushed out from her lungs, causing her to buckle back from the impact.

“Momoko-chan!” Athena yelled out, fearful that this could be a third loss for the Psycho Soldier team.

Donatello stepped forward and began running in towards the young fighter, and as he neared her with only four feet distance between himself and his opponent, he planted the staff down onto the ground and vaulted over Momoko. Gravity pulled him down, landing feet first onto the ground and he hunched upon landing only to turn and he swung his staff horizontally across to the left, aiming for Momoko’s ankles. Impact struck the Capoeira fighter, and she had dropped onto her right side and grunted as she slammed onto her side.

She planted her hands to the ground, pushing herself to stand.

Donatello stood ready but he wasn’t one to beat down on an opponent when they were down like that, at least not in a tournament setting anyway— had this been a life or death situation, then that would’ve been different. A situation which he had been in too many times.

“You good to stand?”

Momoko looked upon the red masked Turtle, and was surprised at the display of fairness which he seemed to be giving her. Donatello moved a hand out, offering it to Momoko and the young Capoeira fighter was pulled to her feet. She nodded in regards to the Turtle’s question.

Donatello immediately swung his staff downward for Momoko once more, but the smaller fighter side-stepped away from the weapon. Quickly turning in a spun and hunching down, she raised her right leg up and arced it across for the red masked Turtle’s face as she performed a back wheel kick, but Donatello quickly raised his staff and blocked the incoming foot. Momoko turned to face the Turtle, and she pushed herself up while moving both her feet up, intending on slamming her soles into the bottom of her opponent’s chin. Donatello was forced to lean back away from the somersault attack, and once again the young fighter had landed feet first onto the ground. Momoko then turned in a spin, leapt in towards the mutant reptile and flipped down, bringing both her legs down.

This forced Donatello to raise his staff to block the incoming strikes. Quickly, he would move his arms to manipulate the staff in his grasp, bringing the ends from left to right as he intended to go for the Capoeira fighter’s head, but Momoko dropped onto her back and planted her hands onto the ground, now turning in a spin as she swung her legs across. Donatello felt a strong impact across his face, twice. The Turtle recoiled as he briefly then shook his head from side to side, fighting off the initial shock.

“Okay, not bad.” Donatello spoke.

But the Turtle would bring the lower end of the staff upward, aiming for a vertical strike and then brought the upper end down as he had performed two strikes—Donatello followed up by turning with his hips and bringing his arms from right to left, attempting to bat away at Momoko with the staff, but the young fighter swerved and ducked underneath the staff. Momoko turned in a spin to the left, and she pushed herself up only to thrust both feet forward but Donatello pulled his staff back and blocked with the weapon as her feet impacted the staff. Dropping onto her back, Momoko curled herself and planted herself onto her feet in a reversal roll.

Momoko cartwheeled flipped forward, then pushing herself to a jump and into an aerial side somersault as she aimed to plant her feet onto Donatello’s head but the red masked Turtle slid back away, and again she performed the same maneuvering, but the ninja side-stepped to the left as he swung his staff across.

WHACK!

Impact was made, and Momoko doubled over as she winced her eyes in discomfort and pain and then Donatello decided on the pain. Immediately, he turned in a spin and moved behind Momoko, and swung his staff across—impacting it against her lower back and she stumbled forward as she grunted. Quickly thrusting his staff to the ground, the mutant Red Ear Slider then had pushed himself up and spun while maintaining a grip on his staff, impacting his feet onto Momoko’s chest.

“WAAAAAH!” Momoko gasped as she was sent flying back a good eight feet, impacting the ground.

“That’s it, I… I can’t go on any further. I’m done. Ow.”

Leonardo nodded in brief celebration for Donatello’s victory, whereas Michelangelo and Raphael pumped their fists into the air. Donatello twirled his staff firmly within his hands, and he hoisted the oak weapon over his shoulders with a satisfied smile as he turned to face his brothers, now making his way back over to them.

“I would say that my victory was an adequate addition to our streak!” Donatello smirked.

“So far, we’ve done real good… But there’s one more match left… Michelangelo, you’re up!”

Athena, Kensou and Momoko knew that they had only one match for their team to compete in— and it all rested on the only remaining member of their team. All three had looked to Chin, and the old master merely raised a hand to brush away the hair from his eyes as he stared upon the four mutant Turtles. He stroked his chin for a moment, contemplating as he had seen their battles against his students— they were indeed very talented. Fairly experienced despite their young age and their level of technique was impressive.

Chin stepped forward, eyeing the brothers for a moment.

“You have been trained well, but there is only one more match left… You, the one with the nunchaku, I’m guessing you’re going to be my opponent?” The old man inquired.

Michelangelo simply blinked at this as he now had turned around and looked over to his brothers, and he stared upon the old man for a moment. In a lot of ways, Mikey was reminded of those old Hong Kong wuxia films. He even had taken notice that the old man seemingly pulled out from behind himself what seemed to be a gourd or flask that may have been filled with some kind of alcoholic beverage.

This caused the red masked wily brother to light up. Grinning, Michelangelo couldn’t help but point out at Chin and chuckled at the realization of the potential where this fight might even so much as lead.

“No way… No freakin’ way! You’re drunken fist style?” The Turtle kept his smile on.

“Well that’s just peachy… Mikey’s fanboying over here. He watches too many of those Jackie Chan movies. He better take this seriously, otherwise I’m gonna be really pissed if we lose this one because of him.” Raphael muttered.

Chin, taking Michelangelo’s enthusiasm couldn’t help but smile at the Turtle’s refreshing attitude.

“Well, you seem to know something about Chinese martial arts! You and your brothers are quite skilled and even have shown areas of improvement where my pupils need to build upon. I should thank you for bringing this to attention! But there’s just one more match, and it would be such a pleasure to experience it! Please, don’t hold back because of my advanced age!”

Michelangelo was about ready to hop to it, but he felt a hand pressing down onto his right shoulder. Turning around, it was Leonardo, and whenever Leonardo had something to say… Michelangelo usually listened.

“If I didn’t know any better, Mikey… This guy seems to be a master. So watch yourself with him. This isn’t the first time we fought guys who were at master level before… Remember Oroku Saki? Shredder?”

Leonardo raised a brow when he asked that question, slightly tilting his head as he kept his stare on Michelangelo.

Michelangelo recalled the experience which he had when he and his brothers fought Oroku Saki. He had recalled the difficulty of fighting such an opponent with a high level of skill, how he and his brothers had to bring everything to the table. He looked to Chin, seeing the old man’s seemingly friendly demeanor and recalling that he had been asked not to hold back despite Chin’s advanced age, Michelangelo nodded his head as he blew air out— puffing his cheeks in doing so. He bounced up and down on his feet, loosening himself up as he shook his arms.

“Let’s make this interesting! If you can get me to submit or break my flask, I will concede. Knocking me out will also allow you to win the match. If you are able, boy!”

Chin popped the cork of his flask, now taking in a swig of the beverage inside. He removed his lips from the container, and popped the cork back on as he then slung it over his shoulder and loosened himself while he positioned himself into fighting stance. Athena, Kensou and Momoko smiled and nodded to Chin.

Michelangelo moved his hands down, grabbing his nunchaku and he immediately then spun them around, exchanging the handles in his grasp while spinning, and then tucked the tethered clubs underneath his arms as he also entered into his own fighting stance. Michelangelo took what Leonardo said to heart, and if he knew about fighting masters of different styles— they always gauged their opponents. This was someone whom he was going to have to take seriously and fight carefully.

One more match… Both could either make or break it.

Alright, after FOUR months of waiting because of real life situations happening which needed my attention—I have decided to once again resume my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles storyline. And it’s picking up off after my last match which was Donatello vs Momoko. This one was difficult to write up because it’s really hard to try and put down a style as rhythmic as Capoeira down to text… But after writing that, I had an idea on where to take it.

Also, I strongly recommend for anyone who ISN'T familiar with the Mirage Turtles to take a look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what they are capable of.

Michelangelo is low tier superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation and physical conditioning.

Michelangelo possesses his Twin Nunchaku, Bolas, Sulfur Bombs and Kunai.

Chin Gentsai is in Atheletic conditioning for a man of his size and age.

Chin Gentsai has his moveset from the KOF games.

Both combatants are NOT fighting to the death!

47 minutes ago, Boratz said:

Outstanding set up! Glad to see you back, Rakai!

Thank you, and it's very good to be back!

What do you think the outcome will be?

54 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Thank you, and it's very good to be back!

What do you think the outcome will be?

I'd have to donsome research. I know TMNT but don't know much of Mirage comics versions of them and know next to nothing of the King of Fighters 

With what I know, I'd lean towards Mickey because of his natural abilities and the skills that he's developed 

3 minutes ago, Boratz said:

I'd have to donsome research. I know TMNT but don't know much of Mirage comics versions of them and know next to nothing of the King of Fighters 

With what I know, I'd lean towards Mickey because of his natural abilities and the skills that he's developed 

Here's something about Michelangelo which not a lot of people know. He's actually the most physically talented of the Turtles, meaning he has the potential to be even better than Leonardo but very rarely ever applies that potential. That's not to say that he's lazy or anything as some depictions often show him-- he even has casually beaten Raphael in a sparring session once, which caused Raphael to lose his cool and draw a wrench to use it against him, that was seen in the Raphael Micro-series, the issue where Raph meets Casey for the first time.

57 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Good to see you back and continuing with this arc, RakaiThwei. As much as I want to see KOF get some wins, I don't think this is the one. My money is on Mikey

Thanks for the welcome back and it's good to be back! Hopefully the next few matches might be more interesting!

1 minute ago, Movie-Brat said:

Welcome back!

Thank you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

Welcome back, RakaiThwei! 🙂

Thank you!

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

So far pretty easy matches for the turtles. Good set up!

Well, I am trying to work them up to get them enough experience in fighting opponents who have some pretty wild abilities. Hopefully the next few opponents will be more of a fight for the Mirage Turtles.

Good to see you back, Rakai, and another great match for this arc! Very nice recap of the Donnie/Momoko fight.

As for the match, Mikey may arguably have the toughest match-up here, since Chin is easily the most experienced fighter the Turtles have faced in this tourney yet. Chin would likely keep Mikey on his toes with his skill and a style that's often tough to fight against. Mikey, though, at least knows a bit about Drunken Fighting, so his youth and athleticism should allow him the win here in a close one.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Good to see you back, Rakai, and another great match for this arc! Very nice recap of the Donnie/Momoko fight.

As for the match, Mikey may arguably have the toughest match-up here, since Chin is easily the most experienced fighter the Turtles have faced in this tourney yet. Chin would likely keep Mikey on his toes with his skill and a style that's often tough to fight against. Mikey, though, at least knows a bit about Drunken Fighting, so his youth and athleticism should allow him the win here in a close one.

Thank you! Yeah, the  Donatello vs Momoko fight was really a bit of a challenge to put down because I had NEVER written anything like trying to describe Capoeira before, so I had to write down a lot of jumping, flipping, spinning and rolling to describe her method of attacks. So, I'm glad that I was able to for the most part get that battle down.

Yeah, I figure that Michelangelo would know a thing or two about Drunken style Kung-Fu since he's more than likely to watch a few Jackie Chan Kung-Fu films like Drunken Master. And it's really interesting that in most TMNT media, Michelangelo is said to be the Turtle with the most potential, but he never applies himself for whatever reason unless he's pushed to get into that situation. There's only a few TMNT storylines where he has lived up to that potential.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.90 - DSkillz
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.00 - SSJRuss
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.90 Total Combined Score
18.90 / 4 = 4.72 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 8
Chin Gentsai: 1

First of all, it does my heart good to see another Rakai storyline. No one knows their characters better than you Rakai and this set up was excellent. I owe you a ranking but judging from the match creator leaderboard, I think it's obvious to us all the skill here.

As far as the match, it looks like the voters really took a landslide for Mikey. Now, I personally haven't played KOF, but fighting a master is no joke. It is a good thing that Mikey was warned ahead of time so as to really take this challenge accordingly. Having said that, I agree with the votes on having Mikey finish a TMNT clean sweep. The Mirage turtles are no joke and while I could see Chin getting some good hits early on, the long game is going to go Michelangelo's way. Looking forward to see your write up for how this plays out. The drunken style especially should be a fun read. 

19 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

First of all, it does my heart good to see another Rakai storyline. No one knows their characters better than you Rakai and this set up was excellent. I owe you a ranking but judging from the match creator leaderboard, I think it's obvious to us all the skill here.

As far as the match, it looks like the voters really took a landslide for Mikey. Now, I personally haven't played KOF, but fighting a master is no joke. It is a good thing that Mikey was warned ahead of time so as to really take this challenge accordingly. Having said that, I agree with the votes on having Mikey finish a TMNT clean sweep. The Mirage turtles are no joke and while I could see Chin getting some good hits early on, the long game is going to go Michelangelo's way. Looking forward to see your write up for how this plays out. The drunken style especially should be a fun read. 

Now there's a name which I haven't seen in a long, long time! How are you my friend?

Thanks for the compliments, and I am glad to see that a new storyline makes you happy. However, I have to say that I have no plans in continuing any of my Predator arcs now that Disney and Disney-Marvel have the movie and comic publishing rights to Alien-Predator, and likely have de-canonized thirty years of storytelling which was provided by Dark Horse. So I decided to do something with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and hopefully plan on bringing them a good record like I did with two Predator characters I worked on.

My writing will be slower than it was in the past, as I am now currently employed and am trying to get back into physical shape, or better shape than I was in my late teens and through out my twenties! But hopefully, the next few matches will give the Turtles something of a challenge!

14 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Now there's a name which I haven't seen in a long, long time! How are you my friend?

I am doing good, just living my best possible life. Seeing matches and posts on CBUB is like falling through a time portal, really takes me back. I'm glad the site is back up and running. Feels like this place was just oozing creativity back in the day and I'm glad matches and discussions are still being made.

Thanks for the compliments, and I am glad to see that a new storyline makes you happy. However, I have to say that I have no plans in continuing any of my Predator arcs now that Disney and Disney-Marvel have the movie and comic publishing rights to Alien-Predator, and likely have de-canonized thirty years of storytelling which was provided by Dark Horse. So I decided to do something with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and hopefully plan on bringing them a good record like I did with two Predator characters I worked on.

Oh man, that's a bit of a shame since there were some epic hunts for the Predators back in the day. They were just going to town on the marvel universe. At least the backlogs of your stories still exist and no one can take away the Dark Horse comics or old films. I feel your pain when it comes to years of content being de-canonized, I still remember when Brand New Day came out and wiped away the Spider Man backlog. I don't even know if they ever went back and undid that, it was such blatant "we want a teenaged Peter" kind of thing that I stopped keeping up with what was going on in the main Marvel universe and focused on other series. 

My writing will be slower than it was in the past, as I am now currently employed and am trying to get back into physical shape, or better shape than I was in my late teens and through out my twenties! But hopefully, the next few matches will give the Turtles something of a challenge!

Haha this hits a little too close to home, especially trying to fit in time to write. Best of luck with all your goals, I feel like I have similar ones myself. I'll make sure to drop in before the match finishes next time so I can throw my rating and vote. I look forward to see who the Turtles face off next.

7 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

I am doing good, just living my best possible life. Seeing matches and posts on CBUB is like falling through a time portal, really takes me back. I'm glad the site is back up and running. Feels like this place was just oozing creativity back in the day and I'm glad matches and discussions are still being made.

I didn't think that it would be revived, and when I saw that it was... I figured that I might as well come back home here, you know? And while I was at it, I figure why not do something new and with something which I have always liked-- aside from Predator that is.

7 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

Oh man, that's a bit of a shame since there were some epic hunts for the Predators back in the day. They were just going to town on the marvel universe. At least the backlogs of your stories still exist and no one can take away the Dark Horse comics or old films. I feel your pain when it comes to years of content being de-canonized, I still remember when Brand New Day came out and wiped away the Spider Man backlog. I don't even know if they ever went back and undid that, it was such blatant "we want a teenaged Peter" kind of thing that I stopped keeping up with what was going on in the main Marvel universe and focused on other series.

Oh, they have only claimed a few members from the Marvel Universe but never really the more popular household names which is what I was trying to build them up towards in attempting on getting successful hunts on characters like Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc... Any and most street level characters. And I have considered on trying that again and continuing where I left off with the Scar Predator and the Broken Tusk storylines but... I just feel like I have moved on past the whole Predator thing, and there were a lot of critics back in the day who vehemently opposed the storyline which I was doing at the time. I could go back to completing it, I may not... We'll see how I feel.

For me, where Predator really started to lose it's luster was the 2010 Robert Rodriguez movie, but the 2018 Shane Black movie, The Predator, effectively put the nail in the coffin for me as the storyline really went against the idea of what established the Yautja as being warriors, eschewing the whole honor code and Predators wanting to kill a kid to harvest his autism to become better warriors. Yeah, Shane Black REALLY left a bad mark on the franchise, and to think he played Hawkins in the original Predator movie.

But hopefully with the TMNT, I plan on building them up to fight Marvel characters... Maybe some DC characters too, since they officially crossed over with Batman more than once in the last five years.