MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

8:1 - Sarlacc vs. Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 1

Sarlacc

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sarlacc at this Wiki
Official Site: LucasFilm

Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Asgard

Unless Spidey falls into the pit, I don't see how he could lose. I mean we know Boba got free from a Sarlacc and he's nowhere as strong as this version of Spider-Man. Easy win in my book.

I have a feeling that if the Sarlacc tries to grab an Asgardian, it's going to regret it. :D 

Spidey may even win based on that alone.

I dont see Sarlacc being able to beat Spidey just for the reason that Spidey has his power and abilities. He could simply just avoid the Sarlac by swing around and whatever else

But I also don't see how Spidey could defeat the Sarlacc. Its a giant monster thing that eats. It doesn't move or anything else. I guess if this is in Asgard, than Spidey may just simply ally himself with Thor or Odin, and then defeat the beast with their help or using some sort of magical weapon . 

**I do feel that the argument about Boba may be off. Yeah Spidey is more powerful than the Bounty hunter, but Boba Fett was the most deadly Bounty hunter in a galaxy far, far away. He was equipped with weapons from head to toe. While he did fall into the Pit, to my knowledge, he is one of the only ones to be able to get out of it.**

I mean, don't you need to fall in the Sarlacc for anything to happen to you? Spider-Man is simply... too agile for that to happen. Not to mention the fact that the Sarlacc won't even be inconspicuous in Asgard, as it would look very out of place.

Even if the sarlacc were able to get a hold of Spider-Man and eat him, Spider-Man definitely has the energy and equipment to get out. He has natural webbing that is strong enough to hinder the monster. The webbing might be strong enough to even close it up altogether.

The Sarlacc is strong, strong enough to swallow up a Jedi even in some Expanded Universe canon, but I don't see it holding Peter here, even if he does get swallowed by it.

This Spider-Man is too spry and agile to be captured by the beast, even if he isn't the strongest version of Spider-Man out there, as he managed to avoid passing trains and subway cars, as well as Pumpkin Bombs, and Doc Ocks tentacles at close range.

I see how Spider-Man doesn't lose - simply by not falling into an easy to see, un-moving pit.

However, I also don't see how Spider-Man wins either.

I mean, it's not like Spider-Man wins by virtue of not falling in a pit.  The Sarlacc is still there, undefeated.

A vote for the Sarlacc is reasonable because it remains undefeated.

41 minutes ago, Fox said:

I see how Spider-Man doesn't lose - simply by not falling into an easy to see, un-moving pit.

However, I also don't see how Spider-Man wins either.

I mean, it's not like Spider-Man wins by virtue of not falling in a pit.  The Sarlacc is still there, undefeated.

A vote for the Sarlacc is reasonable because it remains undefeated.

But Spider-Man would also be undefeated in that scenario, right? I don't see why the Sarlacc gets the Champion's advantage of needing to take a pinfall of a submission for it to count as a loss

6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

But Spider-Man would also be undefeated in that scenario, right? I don't see why the Sarlacc gets the Champion's advantage of needing to take a pinfall of a submission for it to count as a loss

That is true.  One can go either way with it.  However I, personally, calculate it this way:

The Sarlacc is non-moving and semi-sentient at best. It does not make any value judgement regarding the state of the world around it.

Peter Parker, however, recognizes the Sarlacc as a dangerous carnivorous entity which may eat random innocent people. Peter Parker, therefore, is compelled by his ethos that "with great power comes great responsibility" to deal with the problem.

Hence, the problem still in place at the end of the match would be a Sarlacc victory.

9 minutes ago, Fox said:

That is true.  One can go either way with it.  However I, personally, calculate it this way:

The Sarlacc is non-moving and semi-sentient at best. It does not make any value judgement regarding the state of the world around it.

Peter Parker, however, recognizes the Sarlacc as a dangerous carnivorous entity which may eat random innocent people. Peter Parker, therefore, is compelled by his ethos that "with great power comes great responsibility" to deal with the problem.

Hence, the problem still in place at the end of the match would be a Sarlacc victory.

hugh laurie good point GIF

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I don't necessarily think Spider-Man is that obliged to protect Asgard, of all places, from a singular lone Sarlacc. If it was any other place, sure, but as it stands any one person in Asgard can deal with it.

Ah, but the match is not Random Asguardians vs. the Sarlaac.

Maybe the Asguardians like their Sarlacc exhibit and Spider-Man was specifically brought there to deal with it by <whoever> because <insert plot reasons>.

The scenario doesn't presume that the Sarlacc is unwelcome in Asguard.  Could be just another memento like all the other crap Odin keeps around.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

Ah, but the match is not Random Asguardians vs. the Sarlaac.

Maybe the Asguardians like their Sarlacc exhibit and Spider-Man was specifically brought there to deal with it by <whoever> because <insert plot reasons>.

The scenario doesn't presume that the Sarlacc is unwelcome in Asguard.  Could be just another memento like all the other crap Odin keeps around.

Fair assessment.