Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:7 - Amazo vs. Rogue

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 7

Amazo

Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Amazo at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Rogue

Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rogue at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Tiny Island

2 hours ago, Boratz said:

This should be interesting.

Does Rogue's power work on androids?

It doesn't matter, cause unlike Rogue, Amazo's limits are so far removed from Rogue's that I feel like if she tried to absorb half of his power she'd pass out. The only way Rogue has him beat is if she somehow forces him to absorb Chaos Magic, which considering where they're fighting, I doubt it.

10 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

If Rogue can't drain Sentinels I don't think she can sap Amazo's powers.

I think Sentinels are fundamentally different that what Amazo is.  Not saying that she can, just saying that the analogy does not work.  Amazo is its own unique thing.

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I think Sentinels are fundamentally different that what Amazo is.  Not saying that she can, just saying that the analogy does not work.  Amazo is its own unique thing.

I don't know the Sentinels in the movies were a bit like Amazo. 

4 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I don't know the Sentinels in the movies were a bit like Amazo. 

I would agree that sentinels were a lot like Amazo, those films did not do justice to Rogue or a majority of the mutants that appeared

• Like 1

This is such a weird contest. Both with absorbing powers - but are we assuming both at their strongest or both within their "Tier 5" category? If that's the case then Rogue does have a few powers at her disposal... including that of Magneto. Could thay change things? 

The only other advantage potentially for Rogue is that Amazo initially absorbs weaknesses as well, whereas she would have a better handle on her powers. Not sure what her weaknesses specifically are though. 

• Like 1

I think Rogue could probably win by just Blitzing him, if we take Amazo's best durability feat as half a planetary attack, Rogue is scaled to large planet+. It says he's FTL because of the Flash's power, which I'm dubious about. Movement speed, sure, but Amazo doesn't speedblitz at all, and he actually moves fairly slowly in fights, so Rogue's combat speed is likely higher. Also, he's made out of nanotech, which presumably means metal of some kind. If Rogue does have Magneto's powers and can control them at the level he can, she could probably scramble him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I think Rogue could probably win by just Blitzing him, if we take Amazo's best durability feat as half a planetary attack, Rogue is scaled to large planet+. It says he's FTL because of the Flash's power, which I'm dubious about. Movement speed, sure, but Amazo doesn't speedblitz at all, and he actually moves fairly slowly in fights, so Rogue's combat speed is likely higher. Also, he's made out of nanotech, which presumably means metal of some kind. If Rogue does have Magneto's powers and can control them at the level he can, she could probably scramble him

Yeah, this. Amazo's pretty wild but physically comics characters operating above on a physical level. That and I don't think animated Flash can actually go that fast. Well he can, he did once but it almost got him killed so...

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Blitzing would work if she has the strength to back it up. Again, I don't see her as stronger than DCAU Superman and I invite others to prove me wrong.

Well, the vsbattles wiki lists DCAU Superman as being weaker than Wonder Man, whose powers Rogue has. So she should be stronger than DCAU Superman.

The DCAU all together is way weaker than their comics counterparts.

54 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Well, the vsbattles wiki lists DCAU Superman as being weaker than Wonder Man, whose powers Rogue has. So she should be stronger than DCAU Superman.

The DCAU all together is way weaker than their comics counterparts.

Just cause a third party website lists them as a specific level, I have to accept that as fact? From scaling we know for a fact that Rogue has lost more often than not against heavy Marvel hitters, and the most of her solo feats have her punching people a large distance (which DCAU Superman has done before), and stopping trains (which DCAU Superman could do if take his solo feats into account.)

Amazo clowned a team consisting of Superman and Superman-lite characters. Again, I invite people to post Rogue's feats beyond just telling me what VS Battles said. I know what they said, but just cause it's all showcased nice and neat, it doesn't make it any more true.

It’s not just a third party site though, it’s shown in the show and said by the creators that the animated versions are just not as powerful as their comic book counterparts. For example, like Flash’s best feat in the show is when he actually goes FTL at one point and takes out Luthor-Brainiac. That act almost gets him killed via being absorbed by the speed force and he even admits going that fast ever again means he probably wouldn’t come back. Meanwhile, in comics, like every Flash regularly moves that fast.

Or take Lantern rings. Supposedly the most powerful weapons in the universe...animated John Stewart was owned left and right by so many people...and animated Sinestro was at one point KO’d by a single batarang to the face.

Or take Captain Atom. A man who in the comics is widely acknowledged as being a match for Superman, and frequently come out on top. In the show? Superman hardly seems to break a sweat in their fight, while Atom is heavily damaged and battered and exhausted. 

Or animated Superman himself, for that matter. One of the better strength feats I recall for him is lifting a falling airplane for some time. That’s in the hundreds of tons range. Meanwhile we have Wonder Man level strength in the 50,000 ton range easy and he’s been said to have Sentry level strength in the comics. At the very least, in that ballpark.

11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Just cause a third party website lists them as a specific level, I have to accept that as fact?

I know what they said, but just cause it's all showcased nice and neat, it doesn't make it any more true.

Well, you know, the ground here is always shifting when it comes to these fictional characters and what they can do.  The character does what the writer says they do in that particular issue or episode.

Wolverine beats Spider-Man in the 'Spider-man vs. Wolverine' one-shot.  Does that make Wolverine empirically more powerful that Spider-Man?  No.

It is a fact that Superman flies. However, in the never made movie 'Superman Lives' I believe they were going to have him not fly.

Vs. Battle Wiki has an impossible task but provides an imperfect yardstick for consideration, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Wonder Man level strength in the 50,000 ton range easy and he’s been said to have Sentry level strength in the comics. At the very least, in that ballpark.

If this is true, then Rogue (who has Wonder Man's strength) could very easily knock out Amazo. I just need the scan to go along with it so that I have at least some semblance of proof that she's capable of it.

5 minutes ago, Fox said:

Well, you know, the ground here is always shifting when it comes to these fictional characters and what they can do.  The character does what the writer says they do in that particular issue or episode.

Wolverine beats Spider-Man in the 'Spider-man vs. Wolverine' one-shot.  Does that make Wolverine empirically more powerful that Spider-Man?  No.

It is a fact that Superman flies. However, in the never made movie 'Superman Lives' I believe they were going to have him not fly.

Vs. Battle Wiki has an impossible task but provides an imperfect yardstick for consideration, IMO. 

I'm aware, that's why I'm wondering where exactly this 5-A Rogue comes from. I looked into the respect threads for Rogue. For good measure, I looked into the respect thread for Wonder Man as well due to her possessing the same powerset as him. Nowhere did I see Planet Level normal operating level. I think it's a gross over exaggeration due to the fact that she's exchanged some hits with Marvel's bricks, but never actually got any meaningful victories over them.

23 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

If this is true, then Rogue (who has Wonder Man's strength) could very easily knock out Amazo. I just need the scan to go along with it so that I have at least some semblance of proof that she's capable of it.

It is a quote, mind you, but: 

3948580-3195451-1792885-wondermanwolveri

3948581-3195452-1792886-wondermanwolveri

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I'm aware, that's why I'm wondering where exactly this 5-A Rogue comes from.

If a character like Rogue actually existed in this world, I imagine every government on Earth would conclude she was a planetary level threat.  There's no doubt she could produce a lot of destruction if that was her goal.

I kind of think Tiering system starts to break down at Tier 5.  Powers and abilities are just too enormous and wild.  I'll be interested to see if battles using lower tier characters are more congruent.

7 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Well I tell you, my guy has certainly stirred up the debates. :D 

Yeah, when 3-10 people are actively trying to think up ways for your guy to lose every time he pops up in a match, you know you've made a strong pick. Wish I had gotten to Amazo first. :(

I'd be defending Amazo more if I were you, though, Merc.

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Yeah, when 3-10 people are actively trying to think up ways for your guy to lose every time he pops up in a match, you know you've made a strong pick. Wish I had gotten to Amazo first. :(

I'd be defending Amazo more if I were you, though, Merc.

Good point

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Lol that's one way to put it. I would way it's more that people don't like that he's been coasting on having an incredibly vague and impossible to define power-level.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Lol that's one way to put it. I would way it's more that people don't like that he's been coasting on having an incredibly vague and impossible to define power-level.

If you look at some of Amazo's best feats, as well the best feats of the Leaguers whose abilities he copied and those with similar abilities, a fair chunk of his power is actually pretty clear. 

Aw man, if Amazo were my guy, I would be countering a good amount of the arguments made against him so far. I've been actively watching/re-watching JLU and clips from other DCAU shows for some time now, and a lot of it is still fresh in my mind.