Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Carol Danvers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Bar Fight

The first thought I had when I saw this match was that this should easily go to Vulcan. I mean, come on. Dude was fighting Black Bolt and Adam Warlock. Naturally, this is due to his powerset moreso than sheer power, but the point still stands. Then I realized what Marvel is doing with Captain Marvel. They keep upping her power level to the point where I genuinely think she's above Vulcan by a lot. She has absorbed black holes before. Vulcan has never shown that level of control with his powers. Stars are also out of Vulcan's reach, if I recall correctly. Captain Marvel's absorption powers are actually better than Vulcan, the big bad absorption mutant. Who knew. Captain Marvel wins.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The first thought I had when I saw this match was that this should easily go to Vulcan. I mean, come on. Dude was fighting Black Bolt and Adam Warlock. Naturally, this is due to his powerset moreso than sheer power, but the point still stands. Then I realized what Marvel is doing with Captain Marvel. They keep upping her power level to the point where I genuinely think she's above Vulcan by a lot. She has absorbed black holes before. Vulcan has never shown that level of control with his powers. Stars are also out of Vulcan's reach, if I recall correctly. Captain Marvel's absorption powers are actually better than Vulcan, the big bad absorption mutant. Who knew. Captain Marvel wins.

Aye this is true also. In another time, I would have given it to Vulcan as well, but Captain Marvel has improved leaps and bounds on how powerful she is in recent years. Like knocking out Thanos. 

9d064b0ee6034a071dd59dc5da9b1643.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm really not trying to be "that guy," but isn't black hole absorption and bodying Thanos too high for this category?

She operates on a planet level but boosts herself to stronger levels when she absorbs Stars/Black holes. She is for all intents and purposes planet level for this fight, the only reason I mentioned black holes in the first place is to showcase that even in her lower power level she still has Vulcan MASSIVELY beat when it comes to energy absorption.

• Like 1

Yeah, so knocking out Thanos is def a crazy feat for tier 5. There's gotta be some BS behind that. And you gotta be careful with what feats are used for Captain Marvel, as she has that binary form that's above tier 5.

Anyway, Vulcan beat down Black Bolt, took a direct hit from his voice and then came back swinging. Definitely favor Vulcan here.

I feel like these two would be extremely close in power. I have seen the discussion so far, but for me it is almost too close to call. I know recent iterations of Captain Marvel and her binary flrm definitely surpass Tier 5, so trying to think of her tier 5 form, it is hard to say who would win and where she would be in that standing of power with Vulcan

I will say that scope of power manipulation doesn't necessarily equate to precision of power manipulation. Could Vulcan shut down Carol's powers by affecting her brain, like Magneto might do? I don't know exactly how Carol's powers work, but I don't know of any feats she has of shutting down brains, nor of any resistances she has. Just spitballing here