Slot: The Team Pet
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Krypto at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics

Battle Terrain
Animal Ad Star

Everyone's seen dogs in commercials, they are everywhere, but seahorses, there may only be a slim, few commercials out there in which seahorses are prominently featured in any real capacity.

Now, I'm not the type of consumer that typically buys products based off of commercials anyway, but I will admit that if a company put out a seahorse as a mascot, especially a seahorse ridden by Aquaman I might find that pretty interesting.

Sure Krypto is a flying Kryptonian dog who hangs out with Superman and co. above ground and in the skies, but Storm is a seahorse from an underwater civilization vastly unexplored or perhaps under explored by humanity at large, a civilization which is new and no doubt interesting to those of the surface world, granting him some good points in my book for bringing something new to the table.

He may be a seahorse, but he is a giant seahorse to begin with, a monstrous, freak member of his species whose faster than all other members and the primary steed of Aquaman, so he is quite special there too.

IDK, personally, I see the giant purple seahorse as something quite interesting, especially to those who appreciate the sea, freak shows, and perhaps even Atlantis and Aquaman, who likely got a substantial boost in popularity as a result of the Justice League and Aquaman movies.

Not to say Krypto isn't interesting, but for something like Red Lobster, Long John Silvers, a vacation resort etc., Storm's my man, and even in anything else, like fish food, (Does that have commercials?), Storm stills appeals to me greatly, hence I stay by the giant seahorse here, and present him to the ad execs for their opinions, proudfully.

That was a mouthful to say.

• Like 1

This seems like a match where personal taste takes a role.  I personally think the Seahorse is a neat creature.

Thing is, the products that these two would be tapped as mascots for are just completely different.  Kind of an apples to oranges comparison.