Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Match 15656 Lei Wulong vs. Guile

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XCII

DwpxjKyWoAEvHh_.jpg.bfbd8dc8e06f659bd7bd93f7f8824aec.jpg

On the deck of the Freedom Survivor, Helena Douglas left the landing strip where she had met with Josie Rizal and Ganryu and got on her walkie talkie.

“How long do we have until their arrival?” she asked.

“Should be landing shortly, m’am.”

“Good.”

Helena Douglas waited patiently for the last batch of fighters to arrive. After a few minutes a helicopter came down. Two men stepped out, which was less than Helena was expecting. One man had a green tank top, camo pants, and a blonde flat top. The other was a larger man wearing a jaguar mask and spiked shoulder pads.

“Colonel Guile, it is a pleasure,” Helena announced as she extended her hand in greeting.

Guile shook it respectfully.

“Chun Li told me many great things about you as well as Miss White.” Helena looked over Guile’s’ shoulder. “But I don’t see her.”

“She traveled with Agent Blue Mary to assist some of Mary’s associates. I expect an update as soon as they arrive,” Guile informed. (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON)

“It would appear no one can catch a break right now. If they require our assistance let us know.” Helena’s gaze traveled over to Armor King. “I have seen your picture before, in the files, King wasn’t it? No, wait, Armor King, correct?”

The mask fighter nodded.

“Another King of the Iron Fist participant, how wonderful. Welcome to the Freedom Survivor,” stated Helena.

“Where do things stand right now?” asked Guile.

“As you know Chun Li is currently in China investigating the death of a close friend. (REF: GEN VS. GEN FU) She has been very helpful, but currently we must move on without her,” Helena explained.

“Do we have a target? Is it Bison?” Guile wondered.

“He is certainly a threat, but I don’t want to spread ourselves too thin trying to tackle everything at once,” Helena answered. “I was recently contacted by Lisa Hamilton, a scientist who at one time worked for Victor Donovan and MIST. Recent events  (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG) and staffing decisions (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU) have caused her to reevaluate her choices. She has confirmed to me that Victor is working with G Corporation and Kazuya Mishima specifically, to  try to help him obtain Soul Edge.”

Guile and Armor King listened intently.

“Another troubling development is the recent murder of Violet Systems robtics CEO, Lee Chaolan. (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN) Rumor is that Violet Systems will be assimilated by the G Corporation,” Helena explained. (REF: ANGEL VS. JULIA CHANG)  “I have no doubt these events are intertwined. G Coporation combined with MIST and Violet Systems make them, with all due respects to Shadoloo and the Mishima Zaibatsu, the most powerful organization in the world and the number one threat to obtain Soul Edge.”

Guile lifted a skeptical eyebrow.

“I know there is a temptation to think I may be biased because of my history with Victor Donovan, but it is the truth,” insisted Helena.

Armor King nodded in agreement with Helena’s assessment. Guile glanced over at his new ally and relented, “Very well, what is our move.”

“Lisa is working on getting me coordinates to a MIST offshore facility. We will send a team out there shortly. For now, you can introduce yourselves to the rest of the team. Armor King, there are many other King of the Iron Fist participants that you may know. As for me, I am going to see if one of our newest arrivals, Ganryu, has any useful information on Kazuya Mishima that I may not already know,” Helena announced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

488155410_charlieandguile.jpg.bd982285f382b024c37ef3906a9297b0.jpg

A couple of hours later, Helena was convinced by luchador wrestler and passionate chef, El Fuerte, to throw a large feast for everyone aboard to not only welcome the newest arrivals, but as a much needed thank you to everyone on board  who had to endure a horrible storm and a surprise pirate attack. (REF: BONNE JENET VS. LILI ROCHEFORT) Helena agreed that it would be a good way to lift spirits heading into what could be a very dangerous confrontation.

Guile entered the large dining area alongside Armor King. Guile recognized Lei Wulong from Chun Li’s description and he and Armor King went to go sit with the Hong Kong detective. Armor King groaned when he noticed that Lei had been drinking. The trio were then joined by wrestler, Wolf Hawkfield.

“Hey Armor King! I’m a big fan of your in-ring work. It’s about time Helena brought some more good fighters to this ship,” said Wolf.

The four men made brief small talk before turning their attention to El Fuerte who stood at the top of the stairs.They watched with some amusement as the little masked chef made a show of thanking all of them for their help.

“Who is that guy?” Lei inquired.

“His name is El Fuerte,” replied Guile. “He is a pretty decent fighter, he participated in the third World Warrior tournament. I haven’t tried his cooking yet so we shall find out if he is a better chef or fighter shortly.”

Armor King roared his support for El Fuerte. They had crossed paths on the wrestling circuit in Mexico and Armor King wanted his table mates to know they were in for a treat.

The dining room was full of DOATEC employees as well as most of the fighters that Helena Douglas had gathered aboard the Freedom Survivor. In addition to Guile’s table, another table contained Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, Pai Chan, Lei Fang, Jann Lee, and Hitomi. A few tables over from them sat Josie Rizal, Asuka Kazama, and Makoto. Eliot and Brad Wong sat by themselves as Eliot tried in vain to stop his friend from drinking himself into oblivion. The only ones missing from the dining room were Zack, Lucky Glauber, Tina Armstrong, Lili Rochefort, Ganryu, and Kokoro. The collective group ate enthusiastically through each course of the meal, much to El Fuerte’s satisfaction. They also appeared to be bonding which put a smile on Helena’s face.

After the meal was done, the dining room cleared out. The last two who remained were Guile and Lei Wulong. They went over the attack on Guile before he met up with Cammy White. (REF: SERGEI DRAGUNOV VS. GUILE)

“Based on your description of your attacker, I may be able to identify him,” said Lei.

“That would be great,” stated Guile. “It was clear he was no common thug.”

Lei Wulong produced a picture of Sergei Dragunov and placed it on the table. “Is this your guy?”

Guile’s eyes widened with recognition. “That is him. Who is he?”

“Name is Dragunov, he works as an operative for the Russian military. They call him the White Angel of Death. Not exactly what I would describe as a friendly individual. He has entered a few Iron Fist tournaments to fulfill some ulterior motives in the past. Usually he winds up clashing with a secret agent spook codenamed Raven. I have no idea why the Russian government would send him after you,” said Lei.

Guile studied the picture for a moment.

Lei Wulong took another massive swig of his beer and attempted to lighten the mood. “With everything else going on right now the last thing the world would need is a brewing war between Russia and America, am I right?”.  

Guile did not appreciate Lei’s attempt at a joke about the potential ramifications of a Russian spy being sent to kill him.  A little bit of anger began to form toward Lei’s flippant attitude and incessant drinking. Could this really be the man Chun Li spoke so highly of?

Lei sensed Guile’s worsening mood and decided to change his approach. “Whatever the motivation may be, I promise I will help you get some answers.”

The words resonated with Guile, but for some reason his mood was not improving.

“I can give you some other information as well,” added Lei. “Your friend, Charlie Nash, was recently spotted in a Japanese jazz club.”  (REF: IORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH)

Guile gasped. “That is impossible. How do you know that name?”

“When he first came back from the dead or whatever, Chun asked me if I could keep a look out for him because she said you guys were trying to track him down,” Lei explained.  “I sent out his picture to all of my contacts. Nothing much ever came from it, but I didn’t think it mattered because Chun told me he sacrificed himself to save you guys in the end.”

“That’s right,” Guile stammered. “So how could he be at some jazz club in Japan.”

“I don’t know. One of my contacts from over there called me a few hours ago wondering if I was still looking for him. Told me the poor guy had got beaten down within an inch of his life by some local famous fighting kid. What was his name again? Erm, Iori Yagami.”

“He is sure it was Charlie?” Guile demanded

“Yeah. It is definitely him,” Lei confirmed.

Anger exploded inside of Guile, so much so that it even caught him off guard.  A cascade of questions consumed him. Was Charlie okay? How was he still alive? Why didn’t Charlie let him know he was still alive? Is this Iori person connected to Bison? Why weren’t they going after Bison? He is clearly a bigger threat than any Mishima. They were wasting their time assuming anything different. Time that is friend, Charlie, may not be able to afford to lose. Why was Russia sending assassins after Guile? Was it meant to be an attack on the US or Guile himself? Guile glared at Lei as the detective took yet another big swig of his beer. How could he be so nonchalant? Why was he drinking so heavily before an important mission? What was his deal?

Guile felt something inside of himself feeding off the anger and amplifying it ten fold. Now, hatred was consuming him. Hatred for Bison, Hatred for all the cruel fate that Charlie has had to suffer though his life, hatred toward himself for not knowing that Charlie was still alive. All of that hatred coalesced and focused itself as hatred toward this joke drunkard cop who did not take his job seriously enough and was most likely contributing to Charlie’s death again through negligence of not doing anything to help him.

A dark energy burned inside Guile and he shouted in frustration before burying his face in his hands. 

“Are you okay colonel?” Lei asked.

Guile looked back at him with glowing orange eyes and responded in a slightly altered voice. “You are a disgrace and must be taught a lesson.”

The sight of Guile’s glowing eyes startled Lei Wulong who quickly rose to his feet. He immediately recognized the glow as something Kokoro had alluded to earlier when describing one of her friends being possessed. (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) But, how did Guile get possessed? Lei Wulong did not have long to ponder this revelation as Guile stood up and readied his fists to fight.”

Now this’ll probably be one of the tougher fights for sure. On one hand; Lei does have a high damage output and his freeform abilities will give him a advantage if the fight drags on. On the other hand, Guile’s Flash Kick and Sonic Boom are great at breaking combos and creating space needed to regroup, plus his speed advantage gives him the potential to quickly end the fight if he catches Lei off guard. 

Gameplay wise this could go either way, but canon Guile has the advantage in taking on and beating Alex, the main character of the SF 3 series whose taken on plenty of toughies before Guile. I think Lei’s canonically beaten Bruce Irvin and Feng Wei, but Guile beating Alex is a far more impressive feat. My vote is for Guile.

Guile could probably wipe Lei Wulong, in my opinion. I think Pizza Guy already said it, but Guile has some impressive feats that I don't think Lei can overcome. Guile doesn't go down easy and always gets back up. He gets my vote.