Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 15653 Eris vs. Hades (Disney)

broadwaybeyonder

In the ruins of Tartarus, Eris sat on a marble throne,  gazing at a luminescent globe of the Earth. In  one hand she held a glass of wine, the other petting the head of the constellation Leo.   She grinned with satisfaction as she inspected the planet.  “War?  Disease?  Political upheaval?  Panic in the streets?  Ha!  What a year!  I haven’t had this much fun since the Trojan War!”   “Gotta love a goddess who appreciates the classics,” said a sly voice.  Eris groaned, looking up at the figure that had appeared standing on the globe.  Hades, Lord of the Dead, gave his best attempt at a friendly smile.  Eris motioned to Leo, allowing it to ascend into the heavens, then addressed Hades as she poured herself another drink. 

“Lord Hades, how unexpected.  What do you want?”  Hades gave a hurt expression.  “Seriously?  What is it with people?  Gods, mortals.  They always have to assume that I want something.  Is it so hard to believe that I would just like to drop in on a friend and say, ‘Hello, how are ya?”   Eris took a sip from her glass and with a firm swipe of her hand caused the globe Hades was standing on to vanish.   The god remained suspended in midair, gently lowering himself as he continued his diatribe.   “I mean, come on, Eri, babe, sweetheart.  I would think you wouldn’t mind having some company around here.  Although you’ve done wonders with the place.  Did you just dust?” 

Eris tossed aside her glass and rose from her throne to stand eye to eye with Hades.  “Please.  People think you want something because you always want something.  So stop trying to sweet talk me like I’m some mortal mark.  Get to the point.”  Hades huffed a sigh and held out his arms.  “Ok, ok, ok.   Here’s the deal.  You have been busy this year.  Let’s face it, you’ve really been living up to the whole ‘Goddess of Discord’ thing.  Bad news, that means you’ve been filling my Underworld with a lot of mortal souls.” 

“So what?” shrugged Eris.  “Don’t tell me you came all this way because you’re feeling bad about a few mortals kicking the bucket?”   Hades snorted.  “Bad?  Me?  Come on, mortals dying?  That’s all they do.  But here’s the thing.  I would really appreciate if you took a chill pill and took it easy for the next year or two.  Just until we can take care of the backlog of dead you’ve given me.  And while you’re taking a break from  driving humans nuts, maybe we can find something else to pass the time.”  Eris instantly felt uneasy.  “We?” she said, trying to keep calm.  Hades apparated to her side, putting his arm around her shoulder.  “Sure, we.  I mean, Eri, I always knew that we had a connection.  We do have a lot in common.  Making deals, thirsting for power.”  He snapped his fingers, allowing a small blaze to appear in his hands.  “We both like to smoke. Heh heh.  Just a little pun there.”  Eris knew that if she had a stomach she would be throwing up.   Hades made the fire disperse and went on, apparating back in front of Eris.  “But seriously, babe.  Think of the possibilities.   The Goddess of Discord and the God of the Underworld.  Chaos and Death.  Just think what we could do to those stuck up pricks on Olympus, huh?  After that, you and I could do anything to the mortals we wanted without having to play by my dumb brother’s rules.   Whadaya say?” 

Hades held out his hand, his smile showing his pointed teeth.  Eris looked down at the hand, then looked right at Hades and laughed in his face.  She fell back into her throne and apparated away, her laughter echoing against the pillars of Tartarus.  Hades remained standing with his hand outstretched, his smile now melting into a look of concern.  “Um, Eri, sweetheart?  Was that a yes or a no?  You’re sending me mixed signals here…” 

A sudden shriek from above was all the warning Hades got.  He looked up just in time the giant Roc come swooping down towards him, with Eris perched on his back.  Hades was sent sprawling to avoid the talons of the great bird as it lashed out with it’s beak.  “You foolish god,” Eris dangerously purred.  “I already can do anything to the mortals I want.   And I don’t have work with a deadbeat like you to do it.  So why don’t you just go back to your Underworld before I use you for bird food?”  Hades sent a blast of fire toward the Roc and apparated away.  The Roc took to the air as Eris patted it’s head.  “Don’t worry, dear.  That creep would have given you indigestion anyway.  Ha!” 

At the same moment, Hades apparated back into his court in the Underworld where Pain and Panic greeted him.  “Hey, boss!” shouted Pain.  “How did it go?”  “Yeah,” said Panic.  “Did she like your offer?”  Hades said nothing.  He unleashed his flames on Pain and Panic, his face twisted in rage.  He turned his back on his henchmen as they reformed themselves.  “Boys, spread the word.  I want every monster I’ve got on the payroll.  The next time I go to Tartarus, I’m going teach our little Eri a lesson in how to not TICK! ME! OFF!”  Pain and Panic looked at each other.  “Guess it didn’t go well” said Panic.  “Sounds about right,” said Pain. 

OK:

Eris: At full strength.  Has all of her powers/monsters from the movie.

Hades: At full strength.  Has all of his powers/monsters from the movie.  No Titans.

Fight will take place in Tartarus. 

Who wins?

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Hmmm... It’s really hard to judge this matchup because I don’t think we ever really got to see how powerful Eris truly was, mostly because she was dealing with lowly mortals. I really think it will come down to whether Hades can use the Titans or not. Remember, the Titans were able to overpower and imprison Zeus (the most powerful being in the Disney’s Hercules universe) and all of his fellow Gods. Since we never got to see how Eris compared to other Gods, I can’t honestly tell how she or her minions would deal with the Titans.

Edit: Just saw that the description says no Titans for Hades. I’m now thinking Eris will take this win.

• Like 1

Another very good set-up, broadwaybeyonder. A little short for me to give it five stars, but still a very good story.

I've never seen Disney's Hercules or Dreamworks' Sinbad, but I'm pretty familiar with Disney's Hades from the Kingdom Hearts games. From what I can tell, you have him very much in character. As for the match, as Eris seems to casually have star constellations as pets, her power and forces just might be on another level from Hades'. I think Eris takes this one.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...