Slot: The Team's New Toy
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Major Chip Hazard at Wikipedia
Official Site: Dreamworks

Battle Terrain
Living Toys: help a bullied child

Chip Hazard might scare the kid and actually get somebody killed. Teddy would help a kid gain self-esteem and encourage him/her to stand up for him/herself, and all without the trauma Chip would otherwise induce.

2 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Teddy would help a kid gain self-esteem and encourage him/her to stand up for him/herself, and all without the trauma Chip would otherwise induce.

This could very well escalate situations between a kid and his bully. If a bully was merely mocking a kid and a kid tried to be snarky with the bully, his popularity would not allow the bullied kid to have the last laugh. It could very easily become physical.

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

This could very well escalate situations between a kid and his bully. If a bully was merely mocking a kid and a kid tried to be snarky with the bully, his popularity would not allow the bullied kid to have the last laugh. It could very easily become physical.

As opposed to Chip, who could very well make a literal war out of the whole thing?ย 

Besides, if Teddy's initial approach with the kid doesn't work, he's the type of dude that would also talk with the bully and likely convince him/her and the bullied kid to become friends.

This match is interesting to me, as it essentially boils down to the age old arguments of parenting strategies, something no one seems to have a proper answer for even today.

Sorry, just thought I bring that up.

As for the match, eh..., just like my opinion on the debates that I've mentioned, I find it hard to determine the right answer, hence, this match could go either way.

When it comes down to it, Teddy would look out for the kid's best interest, first and foremost. Chip would more likely be more interested in going to war with the bully and inflicting as much pain and trauma as possible, effectively also traumatizing the bullied kid.

17 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Chip ends the bullying today, Teddy provides better support. Kind of depends on what time frame we're looking at.

Judging from his animated series adventures, Teddy is clever enough to figure out a way to discourage/scare off the bully (or even try to help the bully with his/her problems, as he's done with his own enemies), and will also support the bullied child throughout it all.

11 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

If I were a child dealing with a bully and I had to make this decision, I'd choose Major Chip every single time.

Children make bad decisions though lol. It would seem like a good idea until Chip goes nuclear and kidnaps the bully, severely hurts the bully, tries to kill the bully, etc. Then, things getย wayย worse as the bullied kid now has to explain that it was a magical talking and walking toy that did it. Also, Chip gets defeated in his movie despite having dozens (if memory serves) of other toys backing him up. There's every chance that the bully just smashes Chip, whereas Teddy is a much more solid bet here.

• Like 1

Wow, thought I had logged out earlier, lol.

18 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Children make bad decisions though lol. It would seem like a good idea until Chip goes nuclear and kidnaps the bully, severely hurts the bully, tries to kill the bully, etc. Then, things getย wayย worse as the bullied kid now has to explain that it was a magical talking and walking toy that did it. Also, Chip gets defeated in his movie despite having dozens (if memory serves) of other toys backing him up. There's every chance that the bully just smashes Chip, whereas Teddy is a much more solid bet here.

This covers a lot of the point I was trying to make. It doesn't matter so much about who the child wants to help him/her out or who better intimidates or hurts the bully, and that's partially because the kid's likely not going to know what's best for him/her in this situation.

The battle terrain's question is "Which toy can help the child out the most in a bullying situation?" I think the toy that wants to actually understand and help out both the bully and the bullied would be more helpful in this situation than the toy that would only want to intimidate/hurt/etc. the bully.

Huh, it seems a fair amount of folks here either haven't much dealt with kids or want them traumatized. ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Huh, it seems a fair amount of folks here either haven't much dealt with kids or want them traumatized. ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

I believed in you Teddy Ruxpin!

I actually ended up voting for a lot of the losers of the last round. ๐Ÿคจ

Ah, but there's a looong way to go in this season yet.