MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 15270 Rolento F. Schugerg vs. Bayman

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXVIII

crimson-viper.jpg.e1752d32f33f34a9a8e694eacc14dfb1.jpg

Crimson Viper delivered a beating to Vanessa, but she did not kill the red headed boxer. (REF: VANESSA VS. CRIMSON VIPER)  Viper wondered what connection the Ikari Warriors had to the Mishima Zaibatsu that would lead them to hiring this boxing mercenary or even go after The Zaibatsu in the first place. Ultimately, their motivation did not matter as long as they stayed out of Viper’s way. The sooner she could take down Jin Kazama the sooner she could return to her daughter.

Crimson Viper hoped that returning to the Zaibatsu headquarters with the deactivated android, Alisa Bosconovitch,  (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. ALISA BOSCONOVITCH) would immediately raise her standing in Jin’s eyes. Once she had delivered Alisa, Viper was summoned to an adjacent laboratory,

Inside the laboratory stood Jin Kazama, himself, flanked by his personal bodyguard, Nina Williams, and his new mercenary muscle, Bayman. (REF: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL) The three were staring intently through the window of an operating room. Crimson Viper could see a blonde woman on the table in the operating room, but could not make out the procedure being performed. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY)

“Excellent work, Miss Viper,” said Jin without turning to face her. “I can see someone of your abilities becoming a great asset to me and the organization.”

“If I may be so bold to ask, what are you guys doing?” Viper asked.

Nina eyed her suspiciously as Jin now turned to face her. “Hopefully finding a way to eradicate an old family curse. 

Crimson Viper was unsure if Jin was being metaphorical or literal.

“So far my science team has been able to extract a very specific energy signature that is emanating from that woman in there,” Jin continued. “We can use that energy signature to track others just like her. They are the key to helping me reach my objective.”

“It is kind of incredible,” Bayman commented.

“Are you ready for your next task?” Jin asked Crimson Viper.

“I am ready for anything you want to throw my way,” Viper responded.

“The Mishima Zaibatsu has detected this same energy signature in a small village not many miles from here. (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA) I want you to go check it out. Nina can give you the equipment you will need to see if any of the people you come in contact with are the ones that we need.” 

“I am more than willing to go down there and handle it myself,” Nina interjected.  (REF: SETSUKA VS. NINA WILLIAMS)

Jin chuckled. “Not necessary. I need you here with me, especially if that Ikari militia still insists on trying to take me on. Let’s give Crimson Viper the chance to spread her wings and show us what she can really do.”

Nina acquiesced. “Very well. Wait here for a moment and I will bring you what you need.”

Nina walked out of the lab.

Bayman admired Viper’s gloves for a moment as they sparked with electricity. “The craftsmanship and design on those is quite impressive. I wonder if you would be as effective without them.”

Crimson Viper cocked her head back. “Would you like to find out?”

Jin lifted up a hand. “As entertaining as that fight would be, we have a job to do first.”

Nina returned to the lab and handed over a device resembling a small tuning fork to Crimson Viper. “When you get to the village, this will be your guide. Happy hunting.”

Crimson Viper took the device and set off for her next mission.’

“I don’t trust her,” Nina remarked.

“You don’t trust anyone, it’s what makes you so good at your job,” said Jin. “If she does end up being a traitor or a G Corporation spy, it will reveal itself soon enough. In the mean time, we should take advantage of her skills while she remains under our employ.”

A loud alarm blared over the speakers in the lab.

Jin scoffed. “Who would be foolish enough to try and raid the Zaibatsu?”

“Kazuya doesn't have the balls,”  Nina stated.

“It could be more of those Ikari punks,” Bayman suggested. “I will go check it out.”

After Bayman exited, only Jin and Nina remained, or so they thought. Unbeknownst to the duo, a hooded figure with short purple hair watched them unblinkingly from the shadows. (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA)

858584927_JinandNina.thumb.jpg.71ca78ab8619bf18f56235aedc48e467.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2147135-mad_gear_gang.jpg.d9aad93bffec4ba980ccf2af942fc1db.jpg

Rolento lead a small ragtag group of new recruits and former Mad Gear associates right to the Mishima Zaibatsu’s front door. He was filled with a lust for vengeance after what happened during a recent recruiting trip. (REF: ROLENTO F SHUGERG VS. RALF JONES)  He blamed the Tekken Force, and by extension the Mishima Zaibatsu for the massacre he witnessed, and it filled him with glorious purpose. Even on its worse day, Mad Gear never partook in the type of atrocities committed in the warehouse that day. Unfortunately for Rolento, he fled the scene before the true culprit of the crime was revealed. (REF: MAXIMA VS. BRYAN FURY)

“You really think it’s smart to just barge in like this?” asked Rolento’s long time foot soldier, El Gado.

Rolento’s other long time follower, Holly Wood, chimed in. “Yeah boss, this isn’t typically your style. If we hurry we can still back out of this and lure them into coming after us and set a trap like the old days.”

“Fear not men,” Rolento assured. “We have righteousness on our side and we will win the day.”

Rolento stepped through the front door.

“All innocent civilians need to leave now!” He shouted. “This is now an active war zone and we are not taking prisoners.” Rolento noticed a group of Tekken Force soldiers descending upon them out of the corner of his eye. “They showed my boys no mercy, and it is only fair that we do the same in kind.” 

Rolento preformed a back roll, sprung up, and threw three grenades at the collection of Tekken Force soldiers. The explosion sent a rumble throughout the building.

“Be careful boss, we don’t want to bring the whole building down on us,” said Holly Wood.

“Noted, soldier. It was merely a display of intent. They need to know how serious this us,” Rolento explained.

“To our eutopia!” El Gado declared. Rolento’s army and the Tekken Force clashed in battle.

Rolento used his exceptional speed and agility to dart between opponents taking them down one by one with his staff. Rolento only hesitated when he noticed one man that looked strikingly different from the others. The man had on cargo pants and a beret and Rolento figured he had to be the leader of this unit.
“What is going on here?” asked Bayman. “Are you insane?”

“On the contrary, I see my path forward quite clear, and that path includes burning down the Mishima Zaibatsu.” Rolento retorted.

“You one of those Ikari Warriors?” Bayman inquired.

“Hahahaha! Those stiffs aren’t even in my league,” insisted Rolento.

Bayman lifted up his fists to fight.  “I think I shall judge that for myself."

Another good set-up, Johnny.

I, too think Rolento's got the edge in this battle of former military men. Not only does Rolento have no qualms about using his weapons, but he also looks a good deal quicker than Bayman. Bayman may have a hard time grappling him down.

Nice to see what my man Jin's up to. Lol

This fight wouldn't be all that interesting in a fighting game. Bayman's moves feel stilted to me. He's got quick hands and can put you in a hold real fast, but that's about the extent of his skill in my opinion. His other moves don't look all that impressive. Rolento has some better moves, depending on which game you're playing. He is much faster and a bit more deadly but he didn't have any memorable combos.

I want to say that Rolento would lose just based on his emotional state right now. He might make a mistake and Bayman could take advantage. But giving it some more thought, my vote stands with Rolento. His weapons give him the edge he needs.