Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 15120 Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Athena Asamiya

RakaiThwei

Raphael swung his right forward with his sai gripped in reverse and tucked in the palm of his hand, as he had been ordered to show some level of restraint in this battle. Impact had been made and he could feel his opponent recoil while the muscle sunk and the stomach deflate as Sie Kensou gasped out in displeasure and extreme discomfort. Quickly, Raphael followed up by turning in a spin and he swung his right leg diagonally upwards in a roundhouse, his foot making hard impact against the side of the Chinese fighter’s face, sending the young man stumbling to the side. Kensou couldn’t help but shake his head, working to fight off the disorientation he currently seemed to be going through. Raphael rushed right in, and he snapped his left leg upwards, but Kensou slapped his hand down and deflected the kick but the red masked Turtle responded by unleashing two quick jabs.

Kensou raised his arms, blocking the incoming strikes from the Turtle but felt his arms being struck by the blunt handles of the weapons which his opponent utilized to great effect. He winced and hissed in pain. But he needed to fight back. He briefly shifted his gaze to Athena.

He needed to fight for her. To show how strong he had become.

“Distractions will get you killed in a street situation, asshole!” Raphael spat, throwing two more jabs out.

Kensou kept his forearms up, but one of the jabs went through and struck him firmly in his left eye and he grunted out in pain once more as he stumbled back. Again, he shook his head to fight off the disorientation.

The Chinese fighter rushed in towards Raphael, rolling his fists out in a series of several Kung-Fu styled punches for the mutant Red Ear Slider’s face but Raphael turned with his weight and he swung his forearms horizontally inward, deflecting the strikes. Kensou shifted his back foot forward, kicking it out for Raphael’s front leg, impacting the Turtle in the shin but the ninja worked to mentally ignore the blow. Kensou immediately moved his arms, striking his palms firmly into the ninja’s plastron protected chest, shoving Raphael back.

Kensou now focused on the psychic power within himself, working to manipulate that energy as he directed it through his arms and into his hands. He focused on where he needed that energy to go and who to use it on. He visualized, like an arrow going through it’s intended target. Crossing his arms and then parting them while projecting that energy outward, Kensou released that power.

“Choukyuudan!”

Raphael had widened his eyes at this— another person who could throw energy! Charging forward, Raphael then shifted his weight forward and down only to firmly plant his hands onto the ground and throw his weight upwards and down to perform a somersault into an aerial somersault. Clearing over the projectile, Raphael poised his sai as he prepared them for a stabbing motion. Kensou snapped back, tensing his legs up only to catapult himself forward as he threw his own weight forward and down, somersaulting through the air and kicking a leg out.

“Shikuu Zanryuu Kyaku!”

Raphael was impacted firmly in the plastron only to be pulled down by gravity as he slammed onto the ground. Growling in mild frustration, he placed his twin sai onto the ground and pushed himself to his feet once more. The red masked hot head turned his head from side to side, bones cracking as he did so while he rolled his shoulders forward. Now Raphael rushed forward, gripping his sai firmly in his grasp as he turned in a spin and then swung his left arm across in a reverse spinning punch with the blunt end protruding between his grasp. Kensou blocked the incoming strike as he positioned his forearms for guarding, but Raphael recoiled and swiftly thrust his arms forward and out four times, impacting the handles firmly into Kensou’s abdomen.

Rolling with the punches, Kensou dropped but then planted his feet to the solid ground once more. He pushed himself upwards, throwing his weight around while kicking his legs upward as he spun around. Raphael was impacted firmly in his chin, and the red masked Turtle dropped onto his right side as Kensou unleashed another technique.

“Ryuugaku-Sai!”

But being the persistent Turtle, Raphael again placed his hands to the ground and quickly stood. Raph couldn’t help but grin as he shook his head, chuckling.

“Oh shit, he’s battle lusted…” Leonardo spoke out.

Kensou shifted with slow movements, Raphael opted to stand his ground. And as Kensou got close enough, he pivot with a step and thrust his back fist forward with the intent to slam his fist for Raphael’s mid-section. But Raphael crossed his arms out, blocking the fist with his forearms. Following up with fluid movement, Kensou shifted with another step and pivot, now thrusting his left arm forward as he took aim for Raphael’s face. Again, the Turtle blocked with his forearms but was being pushed back. Kensou again leapt forward, preparing that kicking attack that caught the hot-head off guard.

“Nah, not this time, jack-off!” Raphael shouted.

He turned and spun to the left, clasping his sai firmly within his left hand’s grasp. Utilizing sleight of hand , Raphael took hold of a smoke bomb and firmly grasped it as he tucked it in his right hand’s palm. Meeting Kensou, the mutant Turtle noticed the Chinese fighter rushing right in for him. Taking advantage of this, Raphael threw his right hand down and the pellet ignited upon being dropped onto the ground. Kensou halted to a stop and coughed.

“Kensou!” Athena gasped.

As Kensou coughed, he felt several impacts striking into his legs and mid-section, some even were making contact with his face. And worst of all, he couldn’t even see his opponent. Another blow to hid mid-section, and it felt like what seemed to be a kick. Kensou couldn’t breathe, and he knew that his opponent was making damn well sure of that. And then there was another impact firm across the head from what seemed like an elbow. Kensou stumbled back. And he heard Athena calling out for him. He needed to pull through… He needed to do this for her.

Kensou now drew upon the power within. He possessed the Dragon Spirit. There was no way he would allow some cosplayer in a costume beat him. After all of the training he had done to show Athena how much stronger he had become? All of that becoming a waste? He would not allow it! He couldn’t allow it!

The young fighter focused on the latent ability within as he focused on his mental power and his internal Ki flow. He directed it to flow through his body and channeled it through his arms and gathered the necessary power within his hands. Crossing his arms and parting them, Kensou willed that energy to project outward— and in doing so, released a large glowing blue sphere of energy that rushed across and struck what he had hoped to be his opponent. The smoke eventually cleared, and Kensou looked ahead to see that a tree had been destroyed.

“WHAT?! WHERE’S— GHKK!”

Kensou was cut off as a pair of strong arms wrapped around his head and neck. Throughout this entire fight, Sie Kensou was pushed as far as he could go and his opponent worked to effectively cut off his breathing whenever he could. Whoever this cosplayer in the Turtle costume happened to be, he was well trained… So well trained in fact, that Kensou was intimidated by his level of skill but also… a ferocity which had never been seen before. Raphael tensed his muscles, adding more to the sleeper hold which he applied on the Chinese fighter. But to make sure he didn’t get out, the mutant Turtle lifted him up, with his feet off the ground.

Kensou frantically kicked his legs out, and his vision went white. Light headedness soon overwhelmed him, and he tapped his right hand onto the Turtle’s forearm. Sie Kensou conceded the match. Raphael released his grip and watched as the young fighter dropped onto his knees, coughing and wheezing to catch his breath.

“Kensou!” Athena rushed over to her teammate’s side, placing her hands onto his shoulders and looked over the bruises which he had received in his fight with Raphael. A concerned look was on her face, and she then gave off a hard stare to Raphael.

“You did well in your fight, Kensou but you need to take our friend’s advice seriously. You were distracted a few times. Also, you need a bigger reason to stay in the fight than just a superficial motivator.” Chin spoke out.

“You’re right, sifu… I’m sorry I disappointed you, Athena.”

Raphael stepped over towards his brothers, and the red masked hot-head grinned with satisfaction of his own victory. Kensou had turned out to be better than he had thought but he wasn’t going to let him know that. Michelangelo grinned to his brother, and raised a three fingered hand. Raphael returned the gesture, slapping his palm onto Michelangelo’s and raised his brows with that smirk on his face.

“You kicked some serious ass out there, bro!” Mike chuckled.

“You damn well know it, Mikey!” Raphael grinned wider.

With Athena helping Kensou to his feet, the psychic idol now had looked over to the four brothers and noticed that there was something about them which she could say was admirable. They were closer than any team which she had ever seen in her time competing in the KOF tournaments, closer than even her own team. They were something so much more… they were family. Chin had noticed even something more about the brothers as well, that their personalities even had influenced their fighting as well… Kensou’s fight with Raphael showcased the Turtle’s tenacity and strength, and if Chin had to liken him to an element, it would’ve had to been fire.

Momoko, looked over to Athena and Kensou, and then to Chin.

“Sifu, who is going to go next?”

“I will!” Athena spoke out as she gave the brothers a long stare.

Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael raised brows and also looked to one another as they now had huddled with one another, arms placed over their shells.

“I could go another shot, man!” Raphael whispered.

“Oh sure, hog all of the fighting for yourself.” Donatello retorted.

“Seriously, you guys are gonna fight a cutie like that?” Michelangelo asked with a hint of slight sarcasm.

“…I’ll go. Something tells me that girl is a lot more than what the sailor uniform lets on.” Leonardo spoke.

The leader of the Turtles rose from his huddled position now stepping forward to Athena, who greeted the red masked ninja with a smile. This was… something which caught Leonardo off guard, but he had responded with a curt nod and then bowed forward as a sign of respect to his opponent. Athena in return clasped her right fist to her left hand’s palm, and bowed forward as was customary in Kung-Fu.

“Sifu, how do you think this one will turn out?” Momoko inquired.

“This could be most interesting… We will have to see this one play out.” Chin spoke, stroking the hairs on his chin.

Athena then entered into her fighting stance.

Leonardo moved his arms up and took a hold of the handles of his twin steel ninjaken swords, now quickly drawing the blades in a swift and skilled manner. The two briefly stared to one another…

And then with a step forward… they rushed and moved in to close the space between themselves. Soon, ninja and idol would clash in what might be perhaps the most intense battle of this meeting of teams.

The next match up in the TMNT storyline which I am currently doing and probably the last one until I somehow return from my hiatus... As I am currently in the middle of packing up all of my things and placing them in storage, and might be having to live out of a hotel due to finally having sold my condo and well... being unable to find a place to live for the time being. So... I am unfortunately going to be temporarily homeless again until I find another apartment or a house which I can afford. Anyway...

This next match up was written as quickly as possible, and I felt like I rushed through the fight between Raphael and Kensou because of the situation which I described above. Also, this fight I think PROBABLY should've been saved for last as I feel that this is a battle between two leaders of the teams, and hopefully this is a good one too. So... I hope you all enjoy reading!

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

Leonardo is low tier superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation.

Leonardo possesses his Twin Ninjaken, Shurikens, Smoke Bombs and Kunai.

Athena Asamiya is Athletic Human in terms of physicals due to training and age.

Athena Asamiya possesses her move set from the KOF series.

Both combatants are NOT fighting to the death.

Another very good match and recap, Rakai. I have a feeling Athena's gonna fare just about as well here as Kensou did against Raph, though. She's got a decent amount of powerful attacks, but judging from gameplay footage, her fighting stances seem quite relaxed when she's walking toward or away from her opponents.

I think Leo should take this, but I'm guessing this means that either Mikey or Donnie will eventually go up against Chin himself, setting up a potentially very interesting dynamic for this arc.

I'm sorry to hear about your living situation, though, Rakai. Hope everything turns out alright.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Another very good match and recap, Rakai. I have a feeling Athena's gonna fare just about as well here as Kensou did against Raph, though. She's got a decent amount of powerful attacks, but judging from gameplay footage, her fighting stances seem quite relaxed when she's walking toward or away from her opponents.

I think Leo should take this, but I'm guessing this means that either Mikey or Donnie will eventually go up against Chin himself, setting up a potentially very interesting dynamic for this arc.

I'm sorry to hear about your living situation, though, Rakai. Hope everything turns out alright.

Well I think Psycho Soldier was definitely an interesting team to put up against the Turtles, and Raphael vs Kensou was a match up which I think gelled quite well as the characters are likely the two hot-heads on their respective teams, with Raphael being more of a hot head than anything else. And then there's Leonardo vs Athena-- which I think can be very interesting in of itself, as Athena definitely has a lot of power considering what she has shown in the games and in the web-series, but then Leonardo can fight as well with skill and even use the environment to his advantage.

As for fighting Chin, well.... it could be either Donatello or Michelangelo. We know that the Mirage Turtles have fought martial artists who are considered at Master level, Shredder being the obvious enemy as they beat him and killed him in the first issue of the original Mirage TMNT comic. And then there are the supernatural opponents the TMNT have fought as well.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of packing up right now so.... I'll stick around if I can.

A fantastic entry, Rakai. I am going with Athena for the upset. I think she can use some telekinesis and maybe even some telepathy to throw Leonardo off his game just enough to get a victory and make the turtles realize exactly what they are up against. 

Good luck to you in the events going on in your life.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

A fantastic entry, Rakai. I am going with Athena for the upset. I think she can use some telekinesis and maybe even some telepathy to throw Leonardo off his game just enough to get a victory and make the turtles realize exactly what they are up against. 

Good luck to you in the events going on in your life.

Thanks for the comments! Although I would think the Turtles had a rough idea who and what they might be up at against from their fight with the Kyokugen team. Still, Athena and Leonardo should be an interesting fight. While Athena has the power, Leo has the skill and tactics.

And thanks, I hope that I can find a home soon.

16 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Thanks for the comments! Although I would think the Turtles had a rough idea who and what they might be up at against from their fight with the Kyokugen team. Still, Athena and Leonardo should be an interesting fight. While Athena has the power, Leo has the skill and tactics.

And thanks, I hope that I can find a home soon.

I can see Leonardo coming out on top, just based on his skills with blades and his excellent ninja form. Athena earns his respect though.

And I second what Johnny said, good luck with everything. Packing is the shits.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I can see Leonardo coming out on top, just based on his skills with blades and his excellent ninja form. Athena earns his respect though.

And I second what Johnny said, good luck with everything. Packing is the shits.

Thank you, I need all the luck I can get... Because now I feel like I have to claw my way back.

Yeah... Found a place but it ain't what I want... Ain't what I want at all.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Thank you, I need all the luck I can get... Because now I feel like I have to claw my way back.

Yeah... Found a place but it ain't what I want... Ain't what I want at all.

Sorry to hear. There will be some good though you just gotta move forward. Look at the good I guess. 

45 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Sorry to hear. There will be some good though you just gotta move forward. Look at the good I guess. 

It's not what I want because we're downgrading from a two bedroom to a one, and now Mom's likely going to be selling or giving away her bedroom set... And I didn't want her to do that.

29 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

I know how that feels. 

Yeah, it sucks.