Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Modern Earth Military VS Galactic Empire

Skirmisher

Ok, I was asked by some people (that can speak up if they want to) to do this fight. The Specifications were that this was to be just a Planetary battle and that Orbital Assets could not be used, as such I think I've come up with a reasonable scenario. Now sit back and enjoy this little kit-bashed "story" that I cooked up well past a reasonable hour in the dead of night... wait, is that the sun? Crap...

Battle for the Planet Earth!

ImperialFleet.jpg

The Galactic Empire was gearing up for a massive expansion into the Unknown Regions. As such they mustered a full 10 Sector Armies, along with a massive fleet to break into the region and establish an Imperial Presence. To make things easier on Logistics, the Millions of Imperial Soldiers were transported in massive Orbital Barracks, that were then towed along in a Field Secured Container Vessel with the fleet.

Worm_Hole.jpg

However as is required by the Plot something happens to that Vessel. While traveling through hyperspace, it has the Misfortune of hitting an anomaly, one of many such freak occurrences that happen in the Unknown Region. However, while this anomaly was just a run of the mill wormhole somehow the ship hit it at the precise angle and speed and the collision seemed to supercharge the wormhole spitting it out somewhere far, far away and a deep into the future.

full-20earth2.jpg

The Field Secured Container Vessel appeared in a 9 planet 8 planet and 1 dwarf planet system. By the primitive Audio and Visual chatter coming from the third planet, it was obvious that Humans inhabited it and as such the planet would make a perfect HQ until the Oversector High Commander could re-establish communication with the Galactic Empire again.

reentry-1.jpg

Unfortunately talks with the natives broke down when they refused to submit to the Empire and all the Sector Armies in the holds were mobilized to invade the planet. As such they began dropping their 1,000 prefabricated bases (With full garrisons), and deploying troops to each of the continents (Except Antarctica).

Two Sector Armies and 200 Bases were dropped on North America

200px-Location_North_Americasvg.png

Two Sector Armies and 200 Bases were dropped on South America 200px-South_America_28orthographic_projection29svg.png

Two Sector Armies and 200 Bases were dropped on Africa 200px-Africa_28orthographic_projection29svg.png

Three Sector armies and 300 bases were dropped on Asia and Europe 220px-Eurasia_28orthographic_projection29svg.png

While only one Sector Army and 100 bases were deployed to Australia. 220px-Australia_28orthographic_projection29svg.png

Strategic Nukes are off limits, however Tactical Nuclear Attacks may be called upon, though most countries frown upon using Nuclear Weapons on their own soil and as such will reserve these tactics for Dire Straits.

stormtroopers-1.jpg

Also, as there is only the supply of Hypermatter brought with them, all bases have dialed down the power of their weapons to conserve fuel supplies, though they can eventually set up Fusion Reactors if this drags out for a long time. The Field Secured Container Vessel will hide behind the moon, to prevent a massed attack by the natives primitive though plentiful Nuclear weapons.

And for those who didn't catch the embedded links... here are the important ones.

List of Countries by number of Troops

Imperial Sector Army

Imperial Prefabricated Base

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooooooh this should be fun...

So very, very fun... Someone did an RP like this in my chatroom... and that was in Philadelphia... So many stormtroopers died that day.

-Rakai'Thwei

? So this is a RP or a interactive story or what?

No this would be like a normal CBUB match, without the three day time limit, discuss who would win.

Oooooooooh this should be fun...

So very, very fun... Someone did an RP like this in my chatroom... and that was in Philadelphia... So many stormtroopers died that day.

-Rakai'Thwei

That was me I believe. Though some of the beings I thought very suspect. Such as the whole "Cybertronian forcefields deflect Star Destroyers" but I was in a hurry to establish them. Now that I know what I do...... *Grins slowly* Hmmm....Perhaps we could do round II in the future?

North America: I think we take care of the troopers, AT-STs with bazookas,but the AT-ATS are the ones that help take us down. We are gonna need a couple of bazookas to take them down, Undecided.

Could someone give me a list on what weaponry each Contient has?

Also, can civllians help?

Guest force_echo
North America: I think we take care of the troopers, AT-STs with bazookas,but the AT-ATS are the ones that help take us down. We are gonna need a couple of bazookas to take them down, Undecided.

Could someone give me a list on what weaponry each Contient has?

You don't know the weaponry of each Continent? I'm assuming its what they are armed with today.

You don't know the weaponry of each Continent? I'm assuming its what they are armed with today.

Well sorry...Its not my job to know what kind of AK-474595959 whatever, each contient has now...

Guest Jason Redfield

I've actually done this fight myself on two different sites. The largest argument by far is how tough Stormtroopers are to take down, and whether modern infantry can compete with them. The main point for the Stormies is that their armor is apparently nigh-invulnerable to slugthrowers, a claim that I refute with evidence from the movies. Humans, however, have little defense against blasters. Essentially, if they're not in a heavily-armored vehicle, they're in danger. I suppose multiple thick layers of an ablative or flame-retardant (Nomex, etc.) material may serve to reduce injury from a glancing, low-powered shot, but that's a long shot.

Imperial vehicles are actually decently well-matched against modern ones. The only thing that would really break our balls is a Repulsor tank, due to its insane speed and maneuverability, along with energy shields giving it decent survivability. Well, that and an AT-AT. Thinking what modern firepower would be necessary to take down an AT-AT is a fun mental exercise indeed. I think sustained fire from anti-tank weapons (everything from man-portable launchers to A-10s) would do the job, particularly if the knee joints or another structural weakness was targeted.

Air power is... interesting. Most people agree TIEs are silly for atmospheric operations, but their mere status as spacecraft gives them an advantage. For instance, a TIE Fighter could "zoom and boom" against even our most advanced fighter jets all day long. For those not familiar with the term, it means exploiting the TIE's ability to go as high into (our out of) atmosphere as it wants and essentially diving down on an opposing aircraft which cannot follow. In addition, the fact that TIEs can apparently resist hits from micrometeorites and such means it must have some decent armor. That will make it a damn tough kill for anti-aircraft missiles, and would require several hits from an autocannon to take down.

I'll be watching this thread.

I've actually done this fight myself on two different sites. The largest argument by far is how tough Stormtroopers are to take down, and whether modern infantry can compete with them. The main point for the Stormies is that their armor is apparently nigh-invulnerable to slugthrowers, a claim that I refute with evidence from the movies. Humans, however, have little defense against blasters. Essentially, if they're not in a heavily-armored vehicle, they're in danger. I suppose multiple thick layers of an ablative or flame-retardant (Nomex, etc.) material may serve to reduce injury from a glancing, low-powered shot, but that's a long shot.

Imperial vehicles are actually decently well-matched against modern ones. The only thing that would really break our balls is a Repulsor tank, due to its insane speed and maneuverability, along with energy shields giving it decent survivability. Well, that an an AT-AT. Thinking what modern firepower would be necessary to take down an AT-AT is a fun mental exercise indeed. I think sustained fire from anti-tank weapons (everything from man-portable launchers to A-10s) would do the job, particularly if the knee joints or another structural weakness was targeted.

Air power is... interesting. Most people agree TIEs are silly for atmospheric operations, but their mere status as spacecraft gives them an advantage. For instance, a TIE Fighter could "zoom and boom" even our most advanced fighter jets all day long. For those not familiar with the term, it means exploiting the TIE's ability to go as high into (our out of) atmosphere as it wants and essentially diving down on an opposing aircraft which cannot follow. In addition, the fact that TIEs can apparently resist hits from micrometeorites and such means it must have some decent armor. That will make it a damn tough kill for anti-aircraft missiles, and would require several hits from an autocannon to take down.

But I was thinking that AT-STS, and Storm Troopers could be taken out with Bazookas or land mines.

Also, if the only equipment Troopers carry on them is thier laser rifles, then what will they do if a solider decides to get up close with them?

Imperial vehicles are actually decently well-matched against modern ones. The only thing that would really break our balls is a Repulsor tank, due to its insane speed and maneuverability, along with energy shields giving it decent survivability. Well, that an an AT-AT. Thinking what modern firepower would be necessary to take down an AT-AT is a fun mental exercise indeed. I think sustained fire from anti-tank weapons (everything from man-portable launchers to A-10s) would do the job, particularly if the knee joints or another structural weakness was targeted.

Air power is... interesting. Most people agree TIEs are silly for atmospheric operations, but their mere status as spacecraft gives them an advantage. For instance, a TIE Fighter could "zoom and boom" even our most advanced fighter jets all day long. For those not familiar with the term, it means exploiting the TIE's ability to go as high into (our out of) atmosphere as it wants and essentially diving down on an opposing aircraft which cannot follow. In addition, the fact that TIEs can apparently resist hits from micrometeorites and such means it must have some decent armor. That will make it a damn tough kill for anti-aircraft missiles, and would require several hits from an autocannon to take down.

Actually the standard Imperial infantry is not Stormtroopers but someting more akin to what we have.

Guest Jason Redfield

But I was thinking that AT-STS, and Storm Troopers could be taken out with Bazookas or land mines.

Also, if the only equipment Troopers carry on them is thier laser rifles, then what will they do if a solider decides to get up close with them?

Stormies could be dropped by pretty much anything. AT-STs would also be pretty easily kills -- probably not any tougher than a modern APC or IFV, to be honest. I think specialized .50 cal rounds or 40mm HEDP should be sufficient. Dedicated anti-tank weapons would do just fine, of course.

Technically speaking, blasters aren't lasers. But that's beside the point. Any blaster rifle that isn't ridiculously long will do just fine in CQB, in fact, that's where they work best. It's at long range that they really suffer. Besides, it's no different from most modern infantry, which typically only carry a rifle/carbine.

Actually the standard Imperial infantry is not Stormtroopers but someting more akin to what we have.

Yes and no.

"Imperial Army troopers were the standard infantry of the Imperial Army, and the most common soldiers of the Galactic Empire on most subject worlds, aside from stormtroopers."

"Whereas the elite Stormtrooper Corps—which was separate from the Imperial Army—was employed for boarding actions and strategically important attacks, Imperial Army troopers were used to keep the peace on subject worlds, or to take planets that were not strategically important to the Empire."

It seems the Stormtroopers, while being considered "elite", actually seem to be at least equal to, possibly greater in number to Imperial Army troopers. Either way, it seems plausible that for this type of high-risk fighting, they'd use Stormtroopers over normal soldiers anyways. I say let the OP address it.

Yes

I'm assuming its what they are armed with today.

Correct

Stormtrooper Armour is nigh-impervious to Slugthrowers that aren't High Caliber or Armour Piercing.

As well, Modern Infantry in Civilized countries use Ceramic inserts in their armour. Ceramic is a Great armour against Heat Based weapons, as such I would assume that if a Blaster bolt were to strike an insert that would save the Soldiers life. He would probably be wounded but not dead.

Agreed on that point.

Actually TIEs are armoured in Titanium Plates... Regular old Titanium... Kinda like our Jets, except that I would think that they would have thicker armour due to the fact that with Repulors and Ion Engines, weight is not an issue. Still, nothing a 20mm Vulcan Cannon or a Sidewinder can't take.

Guest Jason Redfield

Stormtrooper Armour is nigh-impervious to Slugthrowers that aren't High Caliber or Armour Piercing.

Nah. Not at all.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWtrooparmor.html

Scroll down to II.

As well, Modern Infantry in Civilized countries use Ceramic inserts in their armour. Ceramic is a Great armour against Heat Based weapons, as such I would assume that if a Blaster bolt were to strike an insert that would save the Soldiers life. He would probably be wounded but not dead.

Not all ceramics are good heat absorbers, but I get your point. Either way, I'd need to see evidence of boron carbide (I believe that's what SAPI plates are made of) resisting extreme heat.

Actually TIEs are armoured in Titanium Plates... Regular old Titanium... Kinda like our Jets, except that I would think that they would have thicker armour due to the fact that with Repulors and Ion Engines, weight is not an issue. Still, nothing a 20mm Vulcan Cannon or a Sidewinder can't take.

Which actually gives them decent armor compared to our jets. A 20mm may be able to do some damage, but it's iffy A Sidewinder, however... that's a bit of a different story. You have to understand how air-to-air missiles work. They use a proximity sensor to know when they're near the target aircraft, then detonate, spraying the target with shrapnel.

Against lightly-armored modern aircraft, that works wonderfully. Against a TIE, with thick titanium plating, that may very well be a different story. The warhead on a Sidewinder is very small -- most of the focus in an air-to-air missile is on effective guidance systems and such. I'm not saying TIEs would be impervious to the missiles, just that they won't be cleanly killed on a regular basis by them.

A smart tactic for pilots to adopt would be to fire several AIM-120s before closing in, at which point they'd "ripple-fire" their Sidewinders and move in to engage with their 20/25mm gun. And they'd better hope the TIE doesn't make it out of atmo.

What a shame nuclear air-to-air missiles are no longer fielded...

Here's a fun subject: naval power. Thoughts?

Guest Jason Redfield
Well thats whaty I'm asking Skirm, can you like give me a list of what guns that each continet are using?

Not that easy. All I can really say is check Wikipedia, they have a list of weapons/vehicles used by pretty much every military on the planet. For instance, name a specific country (not continent) that you want to see the armament for.

Guest Jason Redfield
Does the GE even field a Navy?

Good question. I wasn't sure myself. According to Wookiepedia... not that I can see. Only the Imperial Navy, as in starships. No mentions of a wet navy that I could find. Could be wrong though.

My point is this: if the Imperials don't have a wet navy, and can't use orbital bombardment, then aside from TIE attacks modern navies can essentially operate with impunity, no? With their massive firepower and force projection capabilities, that's potentially a big freaking deal in this war.

Good question. I wasn't sure myself. According to Wookiepedia... not that I can see. Only the Imperial Navy, as in starships. No mentions of a wet navy that I could find. Could be wrong though.

My point is this: if the Imperials don't have a wet navy, and can't use orbital bombardment, then aside from TIE attacks modern navies can essentially operate with impunity, no? With their massive firepower and force projection capabilities, that's potentially a big freaking deal in this war.

It also hampers troop and supply transport if they can't travel over 70% of the Earth. No Navy on Earth is a prety big disadvantage for the Empire.

Methinks Jason Redfield is a US Marine serving in Iraq that has an immense knowledge on guns... Either that or he's an NRA Supporter. :P

Joking aside...

Okay, so we know that the scenario is set up for an invasion on Earth, and from what people have been telling me that our aircrafts are in fact capable of taking down TIE Fighters. Sure the TIE Fighter weaponry is advanced, but our technology for aircraft combat is developed.

I am not a military expert. I am not a guns expert. I am not a soldier.

So, forgive me for my lack of gun and air-craft savvy.

If there is one thing I know about civilians getting involved, we're looking at militia groups or terrorists organizations like either the Irish Republican Army, Al Queda, whatever Guerrilla factions you can think of. Take whatever factions you want, such as the IRA, Al Queda, Wolverines, or my own person guerrilla faction-- the Philadelphia Liberation Front.

Now if there is something about these groups, they can get access to military weapon via the Black Market, or even salvaging some of the Imperial weapons, possibly even going as far as to retro-engineer if they have that kind of knowledge.

Also, depending on the land, these Guerrilla groups might have something of an advantage by actually knowing the land better than the enemies. Some people argue that's how the Ewoks won, while there are even historical accuracies of that kind of thing happening such as the Continental US Army knowing the land better than the English, and the Viet Cong defeating the US because they knew the land and used it to their advantage.

Guerrilla fighting can be done anywhere, as long as the civilians know the land and have access to weaponry...

Of course, I'm probably sounding like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

-Rakai'Thwei

Either way, it seems plausible that for this type of high-risk fighting, they'd use Stormtroopers over normal soldiers anyways. I say let the OP address it.

Actually, running the numbers the Imperial Forces have just as many Stormtroopers as Imperial Troopers...

However, in this situation it is Total War.

Nah. Not at all.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWtrooparmor.html

Scroll down to II.

Well, there is that... But I was basing off of their own words.

Not all ceramics are good heat absorbers, but I get your point. Either way, I'd need to see evidence of boron carbide (I believe that's what SAPI plates are made of) resisting extreme heat.

Well, B12C3 has a melting point of 2763 °C, not only that but it's an Extremely hard material. Besides, a Blaster would act similar to a HEAT weapon, and IIRC Boron Carbide does well against that type of attack.

Which actually gives them decent armor compared to our jets. A 20mm may be able to do some damage, but it'd take quite a few shots. A Sidewinder, however... that's a bit of a different story. You have to understand how air-to-air missiles work. They use a proximity sensor to know when they're near the target aircraft, then detonate, spraying the target with shrapnel.

Against lightly-armored modern aircraft, that works wonderfully. Against a TIE, with thick titanium plating, that may very well be a different story. The warhead on a Sidewinder is very small -- most of the focus in an air-to-air missile is effective guidance system and such. I'm not saying TIEs would be impervious to the missiles, just that they won't be cleanly killed on a regular basis by them.

A smart tactic for pilots to adopt would be to fire several AIM-120s before closing in, at which point they'd "ripple-fire" their Sidewinders and move in to engage with their 20 or 25mm gun. And they'd better hope the TIE doesn't make it out of atmo.

Yeah, but they do only have 350,000 TIEs and no way to produce more... unless they can set up a Warfactory...

Here's a fun subject: naval power. Thoughts?

We own the water, it's the Air that would be our Problem...

Then again Repulsor Tanks could engage our ships at sea...