Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 20571 Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar

THE XAVIER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PART 7

TEAMS AND SET-UP

image.jpeg.0f1829f27436c7880d791b9beff26e39.jpeg

In the battle pitting representatives from the New Mutants team and Alpha Flight, Magik and Vindicator crossed swords. Magik’s Soulsword and the Scell smashed against one another. Illyana laughed.

MAGIK: Let me know whenever you want to get serious.

VINDICATOR: I am ready when you are.

Magik quickly teleported behind Vindicator and took a swing, Using the inherent magical abilities within her own blade, Vindicator teleported away from the swipe.

VINDICATOR: Weren’t expecting that were you?

Magik laughed again.

MAGIK: You don’t think I, the ruler of Limbo, know about that sword, made from Promethium,  a magical  metal only found in Limbo? I know all about it and the women that carried it, Isabel St. Ives, Jane Thorne, and Amelia Weatherly. But you don’t strike me as a spirit of retribution.

Vindicator lunged at Magik.

VINDICATOR: A person should always use the tools available to them.

Magik again evaded the attack and jumped on stepping discs that she had created.

MAGIK: Even if that tool is sapping away your life force?

VINDICATOR: When you put it like that..

Vindicator briefly appeared to be struck by these words and looked warily at her sword before quickly revealing her ruse and striking Illyana with a barrage of electromagnetic pulses. After the first few knocked Magik off her feet, the young mutant defended herself with a psionic shield. 

MAGIK: That was on me. I’m much less versed in Canadian super suits than mystical swords.

VINDICATOR: Let me give you a closer look.

Heather jumped toward Magik and punched at her psionic shield. Magik cast a binding spell that manifested itself in an orange aura surrounding Vindicator. Using her suit, Vindicator created a force field to protect herself and broke the binding. 

VINDICATOR: Look at that, science can trump magic.

Vindicator knocked Magik to the ground with some quick martial arts moves and another electromagnetic pulse attack. Magik teleported away and appeared above Vindicator on a stepping disc.

MAGIK: Ok. We’re done here.

Heather flew toward Illyana. Magik conjured a massive hydra composed of eldritch energy that crashed into Vindicator and took out the Alpha Flight superhero. Magik stood victoriously over the knocked out Vindicator.

CANNONBALL: Is that what you call not taking it too far?

MAGIK: She’ll be fine. If anything, she should feel proud. It was clear that normal magic wasn’t going to take her down.

COMPUTER VOICE: The winner is Magik. That is one point for the New Mutants.

The Danger Room opened up and Magik rejoined her teammates to wait for the next round. Shaman of Alpha Flight tended to his fallen teammate.

SHAMAN: I will have you feeling better soon, Heather. I won't lie, I don’t envy that you collided with that demonic apparition instead of me. 

Elsewhere, the X-Men Blue team of Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, and Jubilee celebrated Gambit’s recent win over Archangel and reminisced about old times. As the second round started the conversation shifted to the near future.

WOLVERINE: I really want to know who I’m going up against. If it isn’t Scott, Jean, or Hank…it’s got to be Kurt. Our history, our bond, our contrasting philosophies….

Wolverine unsheathed his claws.

WOLVERINE: Heh, it’s going to be a bad day for the elf. Oh wait, what’s if it’s ‘Ro?

ROGUE: Come now Suga, I think it would be much cooler if me and Storm went a few rounds. 

JUBILEE: I figure the professor would pair you up with one of the other powerhouses.

ROGUE: Yeah, you’re probably right. That Cerise girl on the Excalibur team seems  pretty fit. She is Shi’ar and Kurt used to talk bout how strong she was all the time. 

GAMBIT: She doesn’t hold a candle to you, cher.

JUBILEE: Monet St. Croix is really strong, really durable, and can fly super fast. That would be the most obvious pick I would think.

ROGUE: Wouldn’t  you be disappointed if you weren’t our rep when we face Generation X, Suga?

JUBILEE: Wow, um, I hadn’t thought about it, really. I guess it would be cool to go up against one of my old classmates. Just as long as it isn’t Monet, I want no part of that. Now that I think about it, a battle against my X-Treme X-Terminator teammate, Dazzler, would be pretty fun. Ali and I would put on a show for sure.

PSYLOCKE: It would be one of the most colorful skirmishes for sure. As for me…. I saw that the second round is starting with the First Class versus X-Factor.  I would think that would mean Alex versus Scott. If that’s the case then I am destined to face off against my brother, Brian?

JUBILEE: I don’t think you can assume that. Colossus and Magik already had their matches in the first round and they weren’t against each other.

GAMBIT: Gambit is just thankful he doesn't have to play this wondering game anymore… at least for now.

?: More answers will be revealed if you follow me.

The fivesome was joined by former New Mutants leader and current librarian and French teacher, Xuan Cao Manh, Karma.

GAMBIT: Quite far from the library, cher.

KARMA: Its a ghost town currently as is my classroom. All the students are watching the matches. Which works out well for me since the professor asked for my help.

WOLVERINE: Sounds like my kinda learnin’.

Gambit smiled at Karma.

GAMBIT: Ouvrir la voie.

GAMBIT: The kind of phrases Gambit learned in the French Quarter shouldn’t be taught to no children.

The X-Men Blue Team returned to the Danger Room where they were joined by Karma’s former team. Cannonball stood across Wolverine, Sunspot stood across Jubilee, Danielle Moonstar stood across Psylocke, Magma stood across Rogue, and Magik stood across Gambit.

GAMBIT: Congrats on your winning hand earlier.

MAGIK: You too, Remy.

JUBILEE: Wait, am I facing Roberto?

PSYLOCKE: I think not. It’s plainly obvious what the pairing here is.

KARMA: It should be. Betsy Braddock, Danielle Moonstar, the telepathic ninja who fights with psionic blades, and the telepathic warrior who fights with psionic arrows, bolts, and bullets.

DANI MOONSTAR: And an occasional illusion here and there.

PSYLOCKE: It will take more than a mirage to throw me off my game.

DANI MOONSTAR: Is that a challenge?

PSYLOCKE: I’ve been kidnapped, brainwashed, gutted by Sabretooth, what are a few scary images going to do?

DANI MOONSTAR: They would probably be wasted on a telepath of your ability anyway. Let’s stick to physical fighting and psychic weaponry.

PSYLOCKE: Works for me.

The two highly skilled mutants stepped into the Danger Room which immediately transformed into a dense forest.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - Pizza Guy
4.80 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Macklemore

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.10 Total Combined Score
19.10 / 4 = 4.78 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6