Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 20375 Roger (Tekken) vs. Roo (Streets Of Rage)

image.jpeg.b22d93bb8ce4ea6a620bdd912b78a849.jpeg

A decent sized crowd packed into an abandoned arena in an undisclosed location in Australia. All eyes were on the boxing ring in the middle as currently Australia's own fiery mutant, St. John Allerdyce, better known as Pyro, was currently putting on a show as an opening act. Pyro created animals out of his flames to the delight of the audience. He kept his creations small so as to not set the arena ablaze, and also, he was stalling. The commentators for tonight’s big event were late. As Pyro started to worry that he would run out of ideas, the night’s commentary duo finally made it to their chairs with beers in hand.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: G’day mates! We’ve got a ripper of a show tonight. An unsanctioned boxing match between two fightin’ kangaroos. It’s what I would call a true-blue Aussie showdown.

KANO: Yeah, that’s right. It is technically a boxing match, but no proper organization would sanction a brawl between two roos out of fear of upsetting the wrong people.  Which works out great for us since it’s unsanctioned, anything goes. No one is around to cry to the authorities if things get a bit bloody. It’s all in good fun, right, Captain?

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: That’s right, Kano! Let’s get this thing started and introduce these hopping hitters that the people came to see. First, coming to us straight from some lab in the Mishima Zaibatsu, it's Roger. This bloke was deemed a failed soldier experiment just like his dinosaur mate Alex by that stick in the mud, Kazuya Mishima. But, now they’re out here for a bit of kangaroo chaos!

The crowd roared as Roger hopped to the ring with Alex by his side cheering him on. Roger’s eyes were filled with determination to prove his worth and a misguided hope for redemption. 

KANO: And his opponent, coming to us from Wood Oak City, we’ve got Roo. Roo was once a pet slash muscle for a literal clown chump criminal named Bruce. Now he works slingin’ drinks at known hoodlum Barbon’s bar. Tonight he is here for the dosh and the glory!

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: Sounds like my kind of bloke!

The crowd buzzed with excitement as Roo made his way to the ring accompanied by the bushy mustached muscular man, Barbon. Although the chain around his neck was now for all intents and purposes an unnecessary accessory, Roo decided to keep wearing it as a way to visually intimidate Roger. He wanted his opponent to think he was some rabid animal just released for the fight as opposed to a kangaroo bartender with boxing gloves. Both fighters prepped in their corners. Roger in the red corner and Roo in the blue corner.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: Look who's in the crowd, mate! Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding!

KANO: Aren’t those them famous Wood Oak City cops?

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: I don’t know if they are cops anymore, I think they are here just to get a good look at Roo.

KANO: They better not start nothing, we put a lot of work into this gig.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: I wouldn’t worry about it. I think it’s some complicated respect thing.

KANO: Speaking of respect, I don't see Roger’s missus and the little joey in the crowd. Guess they don’t have faith in him to win this thing, eh?

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: Nah, mate. Roger’s missus divorced him for abandoning his family and living the lavish lifestyle in a lab while she had to raise their kid alone.

The bell rang and both kangaroos hopped to the center of the ring and touched gloves.

KANO: Ah, forget the family drama folks! Everyone’s here for a fight and no one gives a toss about personal issues.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG: Let the roo-down under begin!

Ha! I was waiting for somebody to do this after I got both of them in.

I'm voting for Roo. I would go right after that clown so that I could play as Roo for the rest of the game even though he couldn't pick up weapons.

I'm definitely gonna go with Roger, considering that he is a genetically altered Kangaroo that has been granted enhanced speed and reflexes, and probably some increased strength based on what we see him do in Tekken.

Heh, why am I not more familiar with these brawling kangaroos? 

Good set-up, Johnny, and I'm glad I'm getting to this in time. Having fellow Aussies Kano and Captain Boomerang do commentary is an interesting touch. 

As for the match, it looks like Roger has the edge here. Not only is he genetically enhanced, but also unlike Roo, he has some human fighting moves aside from the usual kicks, hops, tail whips and punches we see from kangaroo characters. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.60 Total Combined Score
9.60 / 2 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Roger (Tekken): 3
Roo (Streets Of Rage): 2