X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest silversurfer092

Am I the only one who doesn't go into a movie thinking "Man, I hope this doesn't *vulgarity* with the story lines of other movies!"? I usually go into a movie thinking "I hope I'm entertained for the next two hours", but hey, that's just me.

Guest silversurfer092

Hey. I do that too. It's just you claimed it doesn't contradict the other movies and I just felt like correcting.

I thought they said X-Men First Class wasn't in the same time line? Or that Wolverine: Origins wasn't in the same timeline? OR MAYBE THEY ASSUMED PEOPLE WOULDN'T GET ANGRY OVER THIS SHIT.

Guest bigballerju

After Days of Future Past then we will see how everything is all together story wise. Whether it's rebooted or changed in a big way. I think Bryan Singer and Vaugh are doing Days of Future Past for the same reasons you guys are talking about. Too many errors in the continuity. 

Guest Darxeth

I've only seen Wolverine: Origins one time and it will probably stay that way.

I didn't like First Class much either.

Then again, I haven't really enjoyed any of the Xmen movies thus far. I'm always left feeling that they could be so much better.

Guest force_echo

After Days of Future Past then we will see how everything is all together story wise. Whether it's rebooted or changed in a big way. I think Bryan Singer and Vaugh are doing Days of Future Past for the same reasons you guys are talking about. Too many errors in the continuity. 

Yes, the way you fix continuity errors is by liberally using time travel. No, that makes perfect sense BigBaller. Good job.

Guest silversurfer092

Yes, the way you fix continuity errors is by liberally using time travel. No, that makes perfect sense BigBaller. Good job.

I'm just waiting for them to make/need a Final Crisis movie to set this shit straight. I mean, look at the Batman continuity. One day, George Clooney and Val Kilmer are gonna fight over who had the shittier movie (George Clooney totally does) and Christian Bale is just gonna be off to the side, talking shit to Michael Keaton because Heath Ledger was so much darker and difficult than Jack Nicholson.

Guest bigballerju

Sigh....

You do realize in a interview with IGN Bryan Singer said yeah they will try and repair things that happened in the previous films?IGN even asked him will they use the film to fix shit and he responded to that clearly. It's even titled Bryan Singer will be fixing shit with X-Men Last Stand.

Link below:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/22/x-men-days-of-future-past-director-bryan-singer-says-he-will-be-repairing-things-that-went-wrong-in-the-brett-ratner-directed-x-men-last-stand

Guest force_echo

What? They didn't say that they were going to fix already present continuity issues, they said that they would create different branching universes where certain characters that died (Jean Grey and Cyclops) can be seen, and that they'll be mixing First class with X1/2/3. That's not cleaning up continuity, that sounds like a complete clusterf*ck.

Guest bigballerju

Bryan Singer and Vaugh are great together. I'm sure they will come up with something that will be good. As long as Fox lets them do their thing like with First Class. If they fix any shit up that just makes it better. The sentinels are looking great so far from the pics that have been coming out. Not surprised Wolverine is the one who gets sent back to his younger self and not Kitty.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest silversurfer092

Seeing the hate for Heath Ledger as The Joker and how that turned out has given me, not faith per se, but a willingness to not complain like a bitch anymore than my initial reaction.

Guest bigballerju

Comic fans complain regardless of whether good or bad decisions are made when it comes to superhero films. Hollywood because of it just ignores them now. Ben Affleck has been great for years now as a writer and director. He has also starred in good movies as an actor that people forget. I guess people bitching about him haven't seen Daredevil the Director's Cut. I'm surprised Ben Affleck took the role. It's going to be interesting to see him in Batman vs Superman and Justice League. He could play a good Bruce Wayne for sure. Batman is the one up in the air. Though I don't doubt him.

I'll tell you one thing. Ben Affleck wouldn't have joined if the script wasn't somewhat good with whatever they have so far. He has been great and won multiple awards since Daredevil.

3262817-camsterr.jpg

Meh...  The first problem, is that Bat's never tends to be clean shaven.  The second, is that while Ben Affleck is a good actor, he'll have to do something completly different than Clooney, for me to buy him as Bats.

Heh, anyone would have to do something different from Clooney to make a good Batman.

Guest sirmethos

I actually thought Clooney did a pretty good job as Bruce Wayne.  He just sucked as Batman.

Bale did a decent Wayne, but a better Batman(imo).

Affleck might just be the one to nail 'em both.

Keaton is still the most interesting movie Bruce Wayne/Batman. He's just as much of a freak as the villains he faces, especially in Returns.

Kimler and Clooney didn't get a chance to do anything worthwhile because their respective movies were so godawful.

Bale was OK, but his Batman voice was *vulgarity*ing stupid. None of the Nolan movies were interesting due to his portrayal of the character, though. Begins is watchable only because of Scarecrow and Ras, Dark Knight is all about Joker, and Rises is good due to the operatic ridiculousness of everything.

Considering how bad Man of Steel (and every other Zach Snyder movie) was, I have a feeling Affleck's gonna be tossed into the same camp as Kimler and Clooney. I just can't see Snyder and everyone else responsible for Man of Steel making a good Batman/Superman movie.

Keaton is still the most interesting movie Bruce Wayne/Batman. He's just as much of a freak as the villains he faces, especially in Returns.

Kimler and Clooney didn't get a chance to do anything worthwhile because their respective movies were so godawful.

Bale was OK, but his Batman voice was *vulgarity*ing stupid. None of the Nolan movies were interesting due to his portrayal of the character, though. Begins is watchable only because of Scarecrow and Ras, Dark Knight is all about Joker, and Rises is good due to the operatic ridiculousness of everything.

Considering how bad Man of Steel (and every other Zach Snyder movie) was, I have a feeling Affleck's gonna be tossed into the same camp as Kimler and Clooney. I just can't see Snyder and everyone else responsible for Man of Steel making a good Batman/Superman movie.

If that's the case, then they can kiss their Justice League plans goodbye. -_- , can someone explain to me why DC is incapable of making it's own properties work?

Guest bigballerju

Man of Steel wasn't horrible and did great at the box office (650 million all together which is close to 700 million). Man of Steel got mixed reviews. Some liked it and others didn't. It was a success. Many nods to certain Superman stories which I loved. I liked certain things like Jax Ur and Nathan Hardy's code name being Guardian which probably was a nod to the actually character in the comics. Nolan this time around just needs to carefully observe the script and anything he doesn't like this time he needs to just say no. Originally Nolan told them no to Superman killing Zod and they had to convince him.

I loved Kick-Ass 2. I like how these Directors take the bad shit out the Kick-Ass comics and use the good to make a better story on film. I liked Hit-Girl in the Kick-Ass 2 film way more then the comics because she had growth as a character. Half of that Kick-Ass 2 comic was shit.