Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

So This Is Either Goodbye or A New Beginning For The CBUB.

Venom 2009

So, as you all may know by now, the CBUB is either going to shut down, or get transferred over to new ownership in March. In case the site does go into shutdown, I thought I would go ahead and make this topic.

Well, I have enjoyed being back on the site. It has been nice seeing old friends again, as well as making new ones. I was glad I was able to work more on my Zombie Power Rangers arc. Sorry to say I won’t be able to finish it. I have enjoyed reading the matches that were made by other writers. The Fantasy Seasons were really good. Happy to see characters that I have added over the years were being used in matches.

I am going to miss the CBUB. But who knows, maybe the site will run another year or more. We’ll just see how things go. If this is the end, I would like to say goodbye to everyone. You all are great people. 🙂

• Like 4

Huh, last I checked, the current lease, if it's not renewed, should actually run out in April:

On 9/19/2021 at 12:40 PM, Fox said:

I paid the server annual cost in April I think. So, seven months anyways before I would change server types for hibernation mode anyways.

So, unless something's changed since Fox made this post, barring someone else taking over right after the fact, we may actually have just over another month. 

Also, we may want to give IKA a chance at running things, since he's been taking steps to give it a shot.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Huh, last I checked, the current lease, if it's not renewed, should actually run out in April:

So, unless something's changed since Fox made this post, barring someone else taking over right after the fact, we may actually have just over another month. 

Also, we may want to give IKA a chance at running things, since he's been taking steps to give it a shot.

Well, if the CBUB does run for another month that would be great. Also, let’s hope that things do work out for IKA. 🙂

I honestly feel like that as a community, we should be contributing more to the GoFundMe campaign and barely any of us have.

I'm currently in the middle of a life changing transition and wound up with a terrible house, so a majority of my money has to go into repairs and renovations just so we can re-sell the house in a couple of months. Yeah, my family no longer wants this dwelling because the previous owner lied about the basement flooding, and she outright DESTROYED the walls of the house but hid the destruction behind furniture when we saw it, and the inspectors we hired only looked at the structural integrity of the house but paid no mind to the aesthetics.

But as a community, we should be helping IKA and not leave him floundering. So guys... do your part.

I think it's good to bring attention to this, since there are some like me who weren't aware that IKA was going to attempt to take it over. I will be pitching in because I really like this site, and I can. But I don't think anyone should feel obligated to have to do it. It will be a sweet surprise if it works out.

My current understanding of the situation is that IKA is seriously considering giving it a go.

My current contract with Amazon Web Services ends May 2.  My job over the next two months is to get an Amazon machine image of CBUB host together to launch into it's new home.

@IKA can feel free to correct me or elaborate on that.

6 hours ago, Fox said:

My current understanding of the situation is that IKA is seriously considering giving it a go.

My current contract with Amazon Web Services ends May 2.  My job over the next two months is to get an Amazon machine image of CBUB host together to launch into it's new home.

Well, that’s good to know that the CBUB has two more months. Hopefully things will work out. 🙂

On 3/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, Fox said:

Yes absolutely correct, have enough to extend our community for another year, we'll see where we land after that.

The new domain has already been put up and while the servers are not put up to reflect that, I'm just waiting on the image as each day I purchase in advance is a day way lose near the end. I'd like to try and put it online as close to May 2nd as comfortably possible. That said the Gofundme is still up and all funds will go into a side account to put towards the future of CBUB. Let's not say our goodbyes just yet :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, IKA said:

Yes absolutely correct, have enough to extend our community for another year, we'll see where we land after that.

The new domain has already been put up and while the servers are not put up to reflect that, I'm just waiting on the image as each day I purchase in advance is a day way lose near the end. I'd like to try and put it online as close to May 2nd as comfortably possible. That said the Gofundme is still up and all funds will go into a side account to put towards the future of CBUB. Let's not say our goodbyes just yet :)

Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

• 1 month later...

To be honest the majority of the core community has already moved on since 2013(when the site first shut down). The owner waited too long to revive the site in my opinion, if he were to have revived it by 2015 then maybe we'd see a resurgence but he waited too long.  Now, I'm not saying that real life situations didn't impact the owner's decision/delay.

Yea I'll try to donate.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, The Void said:

The owner waited too long to revive the site in my opinion

To be fair, it took some pretty extraordinary happenings in the world for that to come about. It wasn't a planned thing. People wanted something to do during lockdown.

I do think the folks that have been playing around here over the last couple years and participating in the contests have been entertained.

And now they are going to take it forward and do whatever they want with it, as I retire once more. :)

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, it was nice to come back here to a place where I felt like I truly, truly belonged...

I really wished that my main goal of having either a film character or an independent publishing character defeating a popular Marvel or DC character would've come to fruition here but... I dunno if that's gonna be happening here anymore. I'm not sure where my readers are but... I hope the future of the CBUB is a bright one.

• Like 1