Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 16446 Maxie Zeus and Baby Doll vs. The Ventriloquist & Scarface and Roxy Rocket

THEN

Dr. Hugo Strange had injected six Arkham Asylum inmates with devices that psychically ‘linked’ them together in pairs.  They were unable to consciously harm or be more than 10 feet apart from each other without the implants causing them excruciating pain.  Strange then arranged a breakout to allow the inmates to escape, promising the first pair to reach a boat crewed by Strange’s followers would be freed of their implants and be able to leave Gotham City.  

NOW

Red Claw and Firefly were in the hold of a freighter, strapped down to two dentist chairs.  They could hear the humming of the devices that the two men in lab coats passed over their heads.  But above deck they could hear the sound of electrical blasts and gunfire.  “Could you hurry it up?” grumbled Firefly.  “Please be patient, Mr. Lynns,” one of the techs nervously said.  “This is delicate work we’re doing.  We are needing to deactivate each of the subroutines of your implants.  If the devices detect the tampering they will activate again and put both of you in intense pain.”  Red Claw grabbed the tech by his coat and pulled him down to her glaring face.  “I will teach you the meaning of intense pain if you don’t release me from this pig!” 

“Oh give it a rest, Claw,” Firefly said as the sound of rocket engines and gunfire increased.  “From the sound of it our buddies out there aren’t going to just let us sail off into the sunset.  At the rate they’re blasting us, in a few more minutes we won’t have a ship to sail in.”  The techs gave a fearful glance out of the hold, seeing Baby Doll and Maxie Zeus in their ‘chariot’ and Ventriloquist with Roxy Rocket on her rocket.  Ventriloquist held Scarface steady, allowing ‘him’ to send a hail of machine gun bullets toward Strange’s henchmen on deck.  Meanwhile, Zeus’ lightning rod fired blast after blast of electricity, sending some running for cover and others leaping overboard.  “But what can we do?” the tech moaned.  “Look,” said Firefly.  “You don’t have to completely deactivate the implants.  Can you just rig ‘em so me and Claw can be more than 10 feet from each other?  Then we can take care of those guys and you can get us out of here.”  The techs looked at each other to consider Firefly’s proposal.  “It might work,” the tech in glasses said.  “But we might not be able to ‘rig’ the devices for long.  We might only be able to give you 4 minutes before the devices’ fail safes kick in.  Can you stop them in time?”  Firefly smiled confidently.  “Those losers?  Just watch us.  Right, Claw?”  Red Claw laid back down in the chair.  “Just do it.  Anything to get out of this barbaric city!” 

Zeus pulled back on the reins of his mechanical steads with one hand as he raised his lightning rod with the other, charging it up to strike.  “Surrender your vessel, mortals!  Yield to the will of the lord of Olympus!”  A bolt of electricity shot out and electrocuted several Strange henchmen.  “Pretty fireworks, Maxie!” Baby Doll cheered.  “Get those bad mans!”  A hail of bullets caused the robotic horses to rear up and bray in alarm.  Zeus glared at Roxy and the Ventriloquist as Scarface started another strafing run.  “Outta the way, bozo!” called Scarface.  “That ship and those yahoos are mine!  Bring us around, sweetheart!”  Roxy tipped her aviator helmet to her passengers with a grin.  “Whatever you say, Pinocchio.” 

Suddenly, Firefly blasted out of the hold, shooting a stream of fire at the four.  The rocket and chariot broke off as Red Claw combat rolled to an automatic rifle and opened fire.  The sudden change in direction sent Baby Doll flying off the platform, saved only by Zeus grabbing a hold of her hand.  “Don’t let go of me, Maxie!” she whined.  “Baby doesn’t know how to swim!”  Firefly darted past the rocket, making Roxy duck out of the way.  “After that matchstick, doll!  Knock him out of the sky!” screamed Scarface.  Roxy hesitated for a moment, but she revved up the engines and took off in pursuit of Firefly.  “Sorry, Gar. We could have had a lot of fun.”  Firefly soared over the harbor; changing direction and dodging masts and sails as Scarface fired round after round.  “Come on, come on, you bag of kindling,” Firefly muttered under his breath.   

With Baby Doll back safely on board the chariot, Zeus fired another blast at Red Claw.  She managed to leap aside but the lightning bolt connected with an oil barrel, causing an explosion that sent her colliding into the guardrail.  Red Claw groaned in pain as she tried to reach for her weapon, but was interrupted as Zeus’ lightning rod blasted her directly.  Both her and Firefly screamed in pain as they both felt the electricity course through them.  Firefly’s suit continued to carry him forward, back towards the freighter with the rocket right behind.  “The Gods of Olympus are not without mercy,” Zeus’ voice boomed.  “Pledge yourself to our service, and your life will be spared.” 

“Or you can say no,” giggled Baby Doll.  “And then Maxie goes zap!”  Red Claw stared up defiantly at the chariot holding her tormenters.  “You are no god!  I will never bow to a lunatic like you!”  Firefly turned around to face the rocket, then back to the freighter to judge the distance.  “What’s he doing?” asked the Ventriloquist.  “Who cares, dummy?” snapped Scarface.  “Run him out of sky, Rox!”  Roxy accelerated towards Firefly as he hovered in the air.  Then he swiftly dived underneath the rocket and shot a concentrated blast of fire under the controls.  Roxy and her passengers recoiled in pain at the sudden heat, but when Roxy grabbed the controls and tried to turn, a rare look of alarm crossed her face.  “What’s the matter, doll?  Turn us around!” Scarface yelled.  “I can’t!  The controls aren’t responding!  He’s overheated them!”  Zeus raised his weapon and pointed it at Red Claw, as Baby Doll tugged on the edge of his toga.  “Umm…Maxie?”  Zeus turned just in time to see Roxy’s rocket colliding with the chariot, sending both spiraling out of control.  Zeus and Baby Doll yelled in fear as the chariot crashed into the dock, and Roxy’s rocket erratically flew back toward Gotham. 

Firefly landed on the deck and offered a hand to Red Claw.  “Nice work, partner.”  Red Claw scowled and rose to her feet as the techs ran up to them with their instruments beeping urgently.  “I don’t know what you did,” the tech in glasses said.  “But we’ve completely lost the signal of the implants.  There was a powerful surge of energy and now both devices have been deactivated.”  Red Claw looked to the dock as Zeus and Baby Doll crawled out of the smashed up chariot.  “Zeus’ attack must have overloaded them and broken the circuit.”  Firefly looked up to sky in relief.  “So does that mean were free from those things?” Red Claw didn’t turn away from the dock as she replied.  “One way to find out.” 

Red Claw gave a spinning kick to Firefly and sent him soaring over the guardrail and into the water.  The techs stared in shock as Red Claw gave the rarest of smiles.  “The psychic link appears to be broken.  Now, I believe you are under orders to take me on this vessel to anywhere I wish to go.  I suggest you begin immediately.”  As the techs and henchmen hurried to respond to their instructions, Firefly treaded water in Gotham harbor.  He watched with a grin as the freighter began to sail into the sunset.  “What a woman.”  Slowly he started to swim back to shore. 

Meanwhile, Baby Doll stroked the nose of one of the mechanical horses.  The machinery crackled and buzzed in an attempt to function.  “All the pretty horsies are broken, Maxie.  And we can’t go on our boat ride eithers.”  Zeus raised his fists to the heavens in melodramatic rage.   “May the fires of Hades consume that harlot, that dryad, and that mouse of a mortal!   They shall pay for interfering in the will of Zeus!”  A voice sounded out from the alley behind the pair.  “They most certainly will, lord of Olympus!   I swear that they will!”  Zeus and Baby Doll turned to see a man in a toga like Zeus’.  He walked out of the shadows and dropped to his knees.  “Please allow your humble servant to gaze upon you, master of the storm!”  Baby Doll gave a confused look to Zeus.  “Do you know this guy, Maxie?”  The man looked up and held up his hands in supplication.  “I do not expect you to know my name, lord of the sky.  I call myself Daedalus, and I and others like me have long awaited your return to Gotham.  We have many weapons and followers who will gladly fight in your name to reclaim this wretched city and make it a second Olympus!  A throne from which you shall again rule!” 

Maxie Zeus took a moment to consider the man’s words before he spoke.  “You are a servant of Zeus, mortal?  How did you know to find me here?”  Daedalus bowed his head again.  “We heard the reports of your escape from Arkham, oh Zeus the Thunderer.  Speak your will, and we unworthy ones will do whatever you desire.”  Baby Doll tugged on Zeus’ hand.  “I don’t know about this, Maxie.”  Zeus pulled his hand away from Baby Doll and placed it on Daaedalus’ shoulder.  “Do not fear, my pygmy.  I sense a true spirit within this one.  A spirit that knows the power of the gods!  You shall provide shelter and food for Zeus and his companion.  And you will also bring and repair Zeus’ chariot, for I shall ride it on the day of glory when Gotham shall be made my kingdom!”  Daedalus’ face lit up, then he ran back to the alley and gave a sharp whistle.  A dozen men and women in tunics hurried onto the dock, some hooking up the chariot to a tow truck, others surrounding Zeus and Baby Doll as they ushered them into the alley singing praises to their god. 

On the other side of town, in a rundown shack, Mugsy and Rhino’s card game was interrupted by the roar of engines followed by the crashing of garbage cans.  They ran out of the house guns drawn to find Roxy, the Ventriloquist, and Scarface still perched on the rocket, now buried in a dumpster.  “Boss!  Mr. Scarface!”  Mugsy yelled, holstering his weapon and running to the crash site.  “You alright?” Scarface turned to face Mugsy as the Ventriloquist covered his eyes with his free hand.  “What do ya think, ya dope?!  Get me outta this thing!”  Rhino gently lifted the Ventriloquist and Scarface off the rocket as Roxy struggle with controls, finally hitting them in disgust.  “The whole systems fried!  It could take me days to get this flying again!”  Mugsy sauntered over to Roxy with a leer, patting the hull of the rocket.  “Such a shame, lady.  There’s quite a lot of good-looking equipment here.”  Roxy flipped off the rocket, catching Mugsy by the head and slamming him into the dumpster.  Mugsy held his head and groaned as Roxy stood over him.  “Don’t touch what you can’t handle, creep.” 

“Hey!  Take it easy, doll,” Scarface said.  “Mugsy and Rhino maybe stupid, but they’re good muscle.  And we’re going to need muscle for my plan.”  The Ventriloquist started to sweat.  “P p plan?  What plan, Mr. Scarface, sir?”  The Ventriloquist carried Scarface to the door as Roxy, Mugsy and Rhino followed.   “THE plan, dummy!  We’re going to put the gang back together again.  And our little rocket girl is going to help us.”  Roxy stopped walking and crossed her arms defiantly.  “Listen, tinderbox.  The only plan I want to be a part of is the plan that gets this implant out of my skull.”  The Ventriloquist turned around to have Scarface face Roxy.  “I’m talkin’ here!  Here’s the choice, doll.  You can either work with me, and have anything in this town you want.  Or you can go back to the harbor in concrete boots.” 

“Come on, Wesker,” smirked Roxy.  “You can’t hurt me with that implant in your head.”  Scarface raised his machine gun and aimed it at Roxy.  “Dummy might not have the guts to hurt ya, but I sure do!”  He fired a hail of bullets that made Roxy, Mugsy, and Rhino duck.  The Ventriloquist groaned in pain, but Scarface still held the gun in his hand, ready to fire again.  Roxy rose back to her feet and gave her friendliest smile.  “Well, only since you asked so nicely.  So, what exactly is your plan?”  Scarface lowered the gun as the Ventriloquist headed back for the door.  “It’s the plan where I take my place as the king of Gotham’s underworld, and you get to steal this town blind.  Mugsy!  Rhino!  Spread the word that Scarface is back in town and he wants the baddest and the best for his new crew!  And you, Roxy, you wouldn’t happen to have a few more of those oversized firecrackers around, would you?”  Roxy’s smile grew more sincere as she began to comprehend what Scarface had in mind.  “Oh yes I do.  This might be fun after all.”  The Ventriloquist moaned.  “Oh dear.” 

OK:

Maxie Zeus/Baby Doll: Zeus has a cult of hundred followers, all armed.  Zeus still has his lightning rod and repaired chariot.   Baby Doll can have the cult bring in her gimmick weapons. 

The Ventriloquist/Scarface/Roxy Rocket:  Scarface has a mob of a hundred gangsters, all armed.  Roxy is supplying them all with smaller versions of her rocket to use in battle. 

Whoever takes over Gotham’s underworld and eliminates their competition, wins. 

Game On!

Learn More About
Maxie Zeus
Read more about Maxie Zeus at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman Wiki DCAU Wiki

Baby Doll
Read more about Baby Doll at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Links: Wikipedia Batman Wiki DC Animated Wiki

The Ventriloquist & Scarface
Read more about The Ventriloquist & Scarface at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia D.C Database Project DCUguide

Roxy Rocket
Read more about Roxy Rocket at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman/Superman IMDb

Match 16282 Roxy Rocket and The Ventriloquist & Scarface vs. Baby Doll and Maxie Zeus vs. Red Claw and Firefly - CBUB Rated Matches - The Electric Ferret Message Boards

Click here for the first part of this story.  I gathered that people liked the Roxy/Ventriloquist and Zeus/Doll pairings, but thought Claw/Firefly were more competent.  So I figured, let's have the fun couples duke it out for Gotham.  Hope you enjoy!  

Another good set-up, broadway. Once again, everyone appears in-character here. 

As for the match, it seems that Zeus and Dahl should win this one, since their weapons should be more powerful than anything that Ventriloquist and Roxy normally bring to the table and Zeus' gang seem to be almost cult-like in their loyalty.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
1 Total Votes cast
4.80 Total Combined Score
4.80 / 1 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Baby Doll and Maxie Zeus: 1
Roxy Rocket and The Ventriloquist & Scarface: 4

• Like 1

Wow.

I understand Baby Doll losing, but apparently very few members here know about Maxie Zeus's arsenal.

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

From the files of Dr. Hugo Strange

I must admit that my experiment took an unexpected turn.  I had not even predicted that my test subjects would work together to wage war against each other and Gotham.  I was certain that the Batman would have taken a greater interest in the case, but he may have been diverted thanks to a series of robberies that apparently involved the famous Carmen Sandiego.  Whatever the reason, the Ventriloquist was able to lead an assault on Maxie Zeus' 'temples' around the city by land and air, thanks to Roxy Rocket's equipment.  Although Zeus' acolytes fought bravely, eventually their faith wavered in the face of conflict.  The most devout who remained at his side were no match for the hardened criminals hired by the Ventriloquist.  Maxie Zeus was left for Gotham's finest to deal with, while Miss Dahl appears to have disappeared in the confusion.  All of the remaining implants have been shut off, presumably by the criminals forcing some lesser medical professional to do it for them.  In summary, out of my 6 test subjects, one has left the country, two have gone underground in Gotham, one is back behind bars, and two now rule the Gotham underworld.  

Assessment of experiment: Successful.  

Continued implant research: Probable.  

• 2 years later...