MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 8

Fox

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Pretty much the entire cast of cars in the Pixar franchise

disney pixar cars GIF by Disney

Oh screw it, I just submitted the Gadgetmobile so, I'm taking that one. And it's from the original cartoon only and it's been in a literal race before. 

30 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

How come Vincento has no people that are benched?

If a player does not bench members prior to the start of the season, then two random members will be benched by the system when the season matches begin.

Huh, there are also surprisingly few Bat Family characters being drafted here. Most of them would fit into Tier 9, no?

On 3/4/2021 at 4:14 PM, Fox said:

It kind of depends - we are looking for a character that really went through some shit and survived it.  Typically you find that in the Horror and Sci-Fi genre.

If I had to name a character that fit but was not hard associated with those genres then I might pick someone like Leonardo Dicaprio's 'The Revenant'.

revenant.jpg

I was thinking more in line of films that have definite elements of sci-fi and/or horror but weren't necessarily sci-fi or horror films at their core. For example, I was thinking about drafting Rick or Evie from the Mummy films. I've since gone with someone else for the Team's Survivor slot, though. 

Yep, team is still a work in progress. Might once again come down to the wire.

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Yep, team is still a work in progress. Might once again come down to the wire.

There's no wire, we can wait another week.

We'll try to have the start date be next Saturday, then.  People complain the seasons move too fast anyways. 🙂

3 hours ago, Fox said:

survival-graboids.jpg

Heh, and no one thought to draft Burt Gummer. He'd probably have done damn well in this slot.  

BTW @Fox, since you're still setting things up, would folks still have an opportunity to change out picks or (unlikely as it may be) could someone else join in in the meantime. My team is set, but I can't speak for the others.

8 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, and no one thought to draft Burt Gummer. He'd probably have done damn well in this slot.  

BTW @Fox, since you're still setting things up, would folks still have an opportunity to change out picks or (unlikely as it may be) could someone else join in in the meantime. My team is set, but I can't speak for the others.

The draft is currently closed.  I just have too much to do now to work in changes.

And please do be patient, all.  I am working on it, but we need to see what it would look like if we were using an actual character versioning system based on the Vs. Wiki.  We have to science the shit out of this.

Honestly, it could take another week as I am looking at it.  It is done when it is done.

I have to use the characters people selected to produce a versioned record which gets used.  Examples:

• Captain America has to be the Golden Age version (tier 9)
  • Gamora has to be the MCU version (tier 6)
  • Spider-Man I assume is the Rami Trilogy version (Tier 9)

And so on, and present that in the battles.

Anyways, we are going to see how it looks, see if we like it and it could have implications for a CBUB DB re-design.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fox said:
  • Captain America has to be the Golden Age version (tier 9)
  • Gamora has to be the MCU version (tier 6)
  • Spider-Man I assume is the Rami Trilogy version (Tier 9)

Well I went ahead and made new Battle Images for Spider-Man and Captain America.

Spider-Man: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=77

Captain America: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=229

Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1

We are back with Season 8.  How exciting!

In some cases the characters being used are specific versions of that character and those will be clear in the matches.

Also, it will be interesting to see who rises to the top from among the different Tier slots.

35 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Hey @Fox, not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I vote on a season draft match and hit next fight I get taken to an error screen. Error code: 2F173/O

Thanks, I'll take a look.