Brock Samson: 4
Evil Ash: 0

Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

7:4 - Amazo vs. Iron Man

UMPIRE

After seeing all this discussion, I would just like to say that to me it makes no sense to put a being that can warp a planet into another dimension (AMAZO) in the same 'tier' as some of the other characters in this group.  People aren't going to discount stomping the GL corps and JLU because they were 'watered down'.   They'll see a being that acquired the powers of 7 leaguers,  traveled through space and became a flying brick.  

46 minutes ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

After seeing all this discussion, I would just like to say that to me it makes no sense to put a being that can warp a planet into another dimension (AMAZO) in the same 'tier' as some of the other characters in this group.  People aren't going to discount stomping the GL corps and JLU because they were 'watered down'.   They'll see a being that acquired the powers of 7 leaguers,  traveled through space and became a flying brick.  

Yeah, I think we are assessing that as a community right now.  We are trying to determine if the Vs. Battle Wiki has a congruent tiering system for fictional characters. 

If it does, then that represents finding a bit of a holy grail for Fantasy Draft purposes because it would make the power level of slots really easy to define.

I think Amazo is one where we are all kind of scratching our collective heads.  The character is not even listed as top tier 5; it is 5-B.  According to Vs. Battle Wiki the Iron Man model 51+ is Tier 5-A.  So right out of the gate their tiering system tells you that they rate modern comic book Iron Man higher than DCAU Amazo.

As connoisseurs of character power levels I think we are working through that. 

Nobody is bringing up that Iron Man's power set on the Wiki lists Iron Legion which can absolutely wreck many opponents.   Possibly even Amazo.

Anyways, the heart of the matter here is assessing the Tiering system itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Well here's something else to think about, the terrain. This is asgard, so Amazo can possibly take Asgardian powers and use them against Ironman. 

A big thing about Amazo is the fact that he doesn't copy items, merely abilities. This is solely comic though, animated might be different. I just know he has an imperfect Wonder Woman lasso and imperfect Green lantern ring. Enphasis on imperfect.

A lot of the problem with AMAZO specifically is that he's in a universe of weaker characters, but he also completely no-sells everything and even a planet-level attack doesn't so much as scratch him. He's almost like Dr. Manhattan, not in the sense that he's that powerful, but that nothing in his universe is even able to affect him in any significant way (with the exception of Grundy with chaos magic, but that's such a specific weakness that no one here could probably exploit). I think this sort of goes both ways: You could NLF Amazo to say "nothing, including moon and planet-busting attacks, even scratched him, therefore Iron Man couldn't hurt him, and he could just teleport Iron Man to another dimension and be done with it," or you could say "Amazo has never fought anything anywhere near Iron Man's strength or speed, and his power plateaus at the limits of his universe, which has never shown to be higher than planet-busters, so Amazo would get scrapped," and I don't think either of those is an especially good argument, but it's really the best we can do in my eyes. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, G4hardcore said:

Doesn't Tony Stark have the ability to control machines with his mind? If so, Amazo could replicate that power and take over his suit!

I have no idea how to vote here.

I could see him doing it on the fly and would work pretty well. Based on the discussion, I think Iron Man gets my vote.