General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Tournament - Hulk Hogan vs. Ivan Drago

Vince McMahon: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Saturday Nights Main Event!

Jesse Ventuera: That is right McMahon! Tonight we have an action packed night! Tonight we start off with a WWF Tag Team Title match between The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff challenging Strike Force! Following the, Volkoff and Shiek have promised a suprise for Hacksaw Jim Duggan who will be facing a mystery opponent tonight!

Cut to later in the night

Vince McMahon: I can't believe the audacity of Sheik and Volkoff! They just cheated their way to the tag team titles!

Jesse Ventura: Now we go backstage to Mean Gene who is backstage with Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Mean Gene: Hacksaw Jim Duggan, tonight you do not know who you are facing!

Jim Duggan: Mean Gene, you are right, I do not know who I am facing. But I assure you I will fight with everything I have. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hacksaw Jim Duggan makes his way to the ring mic in hand

Jim Duggan: Alright Sheik, Volkoff send out this wanna be tough guy!

This music plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwBH3Fj1zSc

Hacksaw Jim Dugan has a shocked look on his face when he sees who comes out from the smoke

Vince McMahon: That's Ivan Drago! I can't believe it! Anything can truly happen in the WWF!

The Bell rings

Drago quickly demolishes Duggan with punches leaving him a heap in the ring

Drago: I cannot be defeated, soon I will become WWF Champion!

Hulk Hogan's music hits

Hogan: You know something Drago?! You might be tough but what ya gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you at Wrestlemania?!

Drago: I will break Hulkamania!

So ladies and gentleman, who wins at Wrestlemania? Hulk Hogan or Ivan Drago? Who do you book to win? This is Rocky 4 Drago against 80s kayfabe Hogan.

If we're assuming it's an actual match, but Hogan gets to use his Kayfabe feats as feats, then Hogan has a good shot at winning just because Drago isn't really a trained wrestler. His boxing skills would only help him so much here. But, he's also a physical monster, and beat a former heavy-weight boxer to death in a boxing match. Drago is probably stronger than any opponent Hulk has faced, but Drago lacks experience in this type of fight. I'm torn here, honestly. Hulk has won against bigger opponents, but Drago is a superhuman who would be capable to throwing him around pretty well, I would think. I'm honestly now sure here. If this was scripted, obviously Drago would lose, but I'm not so sure in this scenario

20 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

If we're assuming it's an actual match, but Hogan gets to use his Kayfabe feats as feats, then Hogan has a good shot at winning just because Drago isn't really a trained wrestler. His boxing skills would only help him so much here. But, he's also a physical monster, and beat a former heavy-weight boxer to death in a boxing match. Drago is probably stronger than any opponent Hulk has faced, but Drago lacks experience in this type of fight. I'm torn here, honestly. Hulk has won against bigger opponents, but Drago is a superhuman who would be capable to throwing him around pretty well, I would think. I'm honestly now sure here. If this was scripted, obviously Drago would lose, but I'm not so sure in this scenario

Kayfabe means nothing for the Hulkster brother!

This WrestleMania a billion Hulkamaniacs are gonna pack in the the Thunderdome, where Hulkamania is gonna run wild on this commie bastard!

Hogan's fought bigger opponents before and he's gonna slam that Dragon like he slammed the monster Andre the Giant is front of 20 billions screaming Hulkamaniacs brother jack!

Ivan Dragon can't stand up the the Hulkster's 24 inch pythons! The Hulkster's got 40 pounds and 2 inches of pure vitamins and prayers on the Rooskie.

Watcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?!

hulk hogan freedom GIF

• Like 1

lol awesome  fight predictable but awesome  if this was thunderlips  fighting ivan sure ivan could win.

but in the 80's no one is beating hogan at wrestlemania  it's not happening ivan hits him so hard it almost kills him

hogan is down the ref is counting to 9 then the familiar hogan is stiring the ref stops his count ivan comes to finish him but his punches are doing nothing.

ivan can't believe he tries one more time but was blocked  boot and leg drop and finish 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

No way is Hogan losing to a communist at Wrestlemania. Leg drop into pinfall for Hulk Hogan.

I'm with you, Hogan ain't going down at WrestleMania.

Ivan will nearly kill him leaving blood all over the ring. Hogan keeps getting back up and the fans energy keep him alive. He hulks up and knocks Ivan on his ass. Leg drop and 1. 2. 3.

Interesting match-up, VCM. The set-up overall could've had more content, though. 

As for the match, Drago's surely going to give Hulk a hard time, but kayfabe Hulk was virtually unbeatable in the 1980's. Hulkamania should win this. 

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Drago is probably stronger than any opponent Hulk has faced,

I'm not sure that's true, even factoring in Ivan's infamous punching power. Andre the Giant was said to once flip over a car in RL, with four men inside.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Interesting match-up, VCM. The set-up overall could've had more content, though. 

As for the match, Drago's surely going to give Hulk a hard time, but kayfabe Hulk was virtually unbeatable in the 1980's. Hulkamania should win this. 

I'm not sure that's true, even factoring in Ivan's infamous punching power. Andre the Giant was said to once flip over a car in RL, with four men inside.

First, point of order, I assume by in RL you're saying it happened in real life, as in not Kayfabe? It's gets kind of sketchy attributing things to wrestlers that didn't happen inside of the wrestling ring. Even so, while flipping a car is impressive, and something that I could never do, it's not unheard of. Here's a dude flipping two of them. A very strong dude, to be sure, but still just a powerlifter. In contrast, Ivan Drago is said to punch with 2,150 psi, and according to this article,  that's somewhere between 70% to 250% stronger than an Olympic-level boxer. Also, Drago is a hell of a lot faster than Andre the Giant, and would be using that immense strength to punch Hulk to a bloody pulp. I sincerely feel like everyone is underestimating Drago severely here. He beat a world-class boxer to death in the ring with his bare hands, and he had gloves on at that time. Again, booking aside, Drago would hit harder and faster than any opponent Hulk has fought, and would keep doing it for longer. Unlike Creed, who trained his entire life to take punches on a world-class level, Hulk probably has had very little training in dodging or absorbing punches, if he's had any at all. Drago also wouldn't be wearing his gloves, which would make his punches even more vicious. No round stop means Hulk is going to have no time to rest, unlike Rocky. Drago doesn't have to do any real wrestling here. He can just beat Hulk until he's unconscious or dead and get a referee decision. I know Hulk is going to win because of Hulkamania, brother! but I sincerely don't see any real way he would win other than if the story was written for him to win

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

First, point of order, I assume by in RL you're saying it happened in real life, as in not Kayfabe? It's gets kind of sketchy attributing things to wrestlers that didn't happen inside of the wrestling ring. Even so, while flipping a car is impressive, and something that I could never do, it's not unheard of. Here's a dude flipping two of them. A very strong dude, to be sure, but still just a powerlifter. In contrast, Ivan Drago is said to punch with 2,150 psi, and according to this article,  that's somewhere between 70% to 250% stronger than an Olympic-level boxer. Also, Drago is a hell of a lot faster than Andre the Giant, and would be using that immense strength to punch Hulk to a bloody pulp. I sincerely feel like everyone is underestimating Drago severely here. He beat a world-class boxer to death in the ring with his bare hands, and he had gloves on at that time. Again, booking aside, Drago would hit harder and faster than any opponent Hulk has fought, and would keep doing it for longer. Unlike Creed, who trained his entire life to take punches on a world-class level, Hulk probably has had very little training in dodging or absorbing punches, if he's had any at all. Drago also wouldn't be wearing his gloves, which would make his punches even more vicious. No round stop means Hulk is going to have no time to rest, unlike Rocky. Drago doesn't have to do any real wrestling here. He can just beat Hulk until he's unconscious or dead and get a referee decision. I know Hulk is going to win because of Hulkamania, brother! but I sincerely don't see any real way he would win other than if the story was written for him to win

Up until 2007, closed fist punches were considered illegal in wrestling. Hence why they used chops, elbow smashes, and so on. This greatly reduces Drago's chance of winning, even if he can out punch the Hulkster, he'll lose on DQ.

43 minutes ago, OMFG said:

Up until 2007, closed fist punches were considered illegal in wrestling. Hence why they used chops, elbow smashes, and so on. This greatly reduces Drago's chance of winning, even if he can out punch the Hulkster, he'll lose on DQ.

Boom! There it is. I'd forgotten all about that.

1 hour ago, OMFG said:

That is a really good point, and something I didn't know. However, it's undercut by the set-up itself, which should take precedent over the real-world rules of Wrestlemania because it's the scenario we're basing this fight on.

Per the wording here, Drago demonishes an opponent with his fists and the match isn't called, he isn't dq'd, etc. The set-up makes it clear punches are allowed

16 hours ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

Drago quickly demolishes Duggan with punches leaving him a heap in the ring

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That is a really good point, and something I didn't know. However, it's undercut by the set-up itself, which should take precedent over the real-world rules of Wrestlemania because it's the scenario we're basing this fight on.

Per the wording here, Drago demonishes an opponent with his fists and the match isn't called, he isn't dq'd, etc. The set-up makes it clear punches are allowed

Oh yeah...kinda screwed the pooch on that one ...

We can just play it off as keyfabe, that Duggan was used to set up the match, so he was allowed to get punched.

Also, keep in mind, if you look at Hogan's Japan matches he was a pretty good grappler also 

Hell, look up Antonio Inoki vs Muhammed Ali, a real life wrestler vs boxing legend match. Inoki just kicked the hell out of Ali's legs the whole match.

This is just basically a bigger, stronger, Rocky who has grappling on his side. Keybabe and what not shouldn't matter Hulk Hogan the fictional character is facing Ivan Drago the fictional character. Hulk Hogan is wrestling Rocky if Rocky was less of a younger dog and more of a powerhouse. 

Hulk Hogan has defeated many huge powerful monster of men. Especially in the 80s and no way Hulk is going down to a 'Threat' to America lol 😂. Drago lost to Rocky in Russia with a Russian crowd. Hulk Hogan has a American crowd he can feed off of. Hulk Hogan wins via grabbling, much stronger punches than Rocky, and with the engery from the crowd. 

• Like 1

Given this was/is 1980s WWF, I decided to go with Hulk Hogan. He wasn't unbeatable, but he had that whole "power of the Hulkamaniacs" thing and this was his most popular. If we can accept that the cheers of fans make him more powerful, or at least allow him to "Hulk Up", then I don't see Drago overcoming, as he clearly doesn't have anything similar.

Drago is not a cheater, besides his use of steroids, which the 1990s would reveal Hogan was also on, so sorry, I just don't see him taking it unless he takes on someone like Bobby Heenan or Mr. Fuji as his manager.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 3 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : 4 Stars

FPA Calculation:
0 + 3 + 10 + 0 + 0 = 13 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (3 * 4) + (10 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 42 Total Stars Score