Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

2:7 - Gandalf vs. Rogue

SEASON 2, ROUND 7

Gandalf

494.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 1

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Gandalf at Wikipedia

Official Site: John Tolkien & HarperCollins

Rogue

294.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 1

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Rogue at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Detroit Ruins

terrain_detroit.jpg

Is that how her powers work? She would get some of his magic maybe, but has she ever stolen divine powers before? Also, just because she gains the magic, she doesn't necessarily know how to use it, and doesn't Gandalf augment his powers with rings and his staff?

Is that how her powers work? She would get some of his magic maybe, but has she ever stolen divine powers before? Also, just because she gains the magic, she doesn't necessarily know how to use it, and doesn't Gandalf augment his powers with rings and his staff?

Did she absorb Ares by any chance? A quick Google search told me that.

I thought the Earth-616 version was the obvious choice unless somebody chose a different version in mind. Hell, for season three, if I intend on choosing Hannibal Lecter or Cheetara as possible team members, I have the TV show and 2011 reboot versions in mind.

Guest bigballerju

Classic Rogue fits the slot which people are forgetting. That Rogue has Ms.Marvel's powers and with one touch Thor was knocked out. Her ability was at her most powerful then. If she had touched Ares then he would have passed out easily like Thor. However Gandalf probably beats her before she could even get anywhere near him.

Classic Rogue fits the slot which people are forgetting. That Rogue has Ms.Marvel's powers and with one touch Thor was knocked out. Her ability was at her most powerful then. If she had touched Ares then he would have passed out easily like Thor. However Gandalf probably beats her before she could even get anywhere near him.

That's what I thought, thank you.

Guest sithisson

I think yes she could absorb some of his magic. Divine or not it's still a part of him. That said I think that she'll have to figure out how to use the magic quick enough, she's not trained in it and would be using his skills whereas he knows readily how to use them. Add on Narya which would help protect him from a power that's basically absorbing a bit of his being, it does provided protection from domination after all save if Sauron has the One, and I think Gandalf should have this.

Edit:The wizards staffs in LOTR tends to be a way to channel their magic in ways it can be used physically enough. Consider in the animated version of the Hobbit that Gandalf was tossing fire bombs down by altering pine cones i believe, (have to re-watch it again to make sure).The staff at most was not shown to be helping in any form there save for being in his one hand and helping bash worgs trying to climb the tree

Guest bigballerju

If Gandalf throws some heavy magic her way from the start he can win easily. If not he gets knocked the hell out.

How does the stealing–power thing work if they are technically powered by another being? I thought all of the maiar were powered by the valar.

Anywho, as someone pointed out her stealing his magic would mean her having to be able to use the magic which she would struggle with in a single fight. Gandalf could probably hit her with something early on and take her out fast enough.

Guest sithisson

If Gandalf throws some heavy magic her way from the start he can win easily. If not he gets knocked the hell out.

This sums it up right here. Gandalf will have to hit hard and quick with his magic. If not Rogue does still have super strength which even the Ring of Fire's not going to help him withstand.

Would she really need to understand how to use the magic if simply touching him knocks him out or at the very least makes him woozy enough that a closed fist will clearly knock him out.

Of course that is all contingent on her reaching him, which I think she can. But I am admittedly biased. 

Guest bigballerju

Rogue gets their memories as well so she wouldn't have trouble using his magic. She doesn't need to touch him to win though. With the power of Ms.Marvel she would have to reach him in time and knock him out before he hits her with a powerful magic attack. Problem is Gandalf doesn't f**k around so his chances of winning are higher.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Rogue with her flying abilities and super durability and strength will destroy Gandolf even without his magic. She is too much for him.

Movie versions though Gandolf wins as Rogue was the worst character, almost like the Family Guy where Meg has long nails while everyone else has real powers.