Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Character Quotes

Guest sirmethos

Guest sirmethos

Pretty simple. Post quotes from some of your favorite characters. The quotes can be both from Canon or fanfics, just make sure to indicate which it is.

To get started:

Methos(Highlander-verse):

Canon quotes:

"Live. Grow stronger. Fight another day."

"I killed, but I didn't just kill fifty, I didn't just kill a hundred. I killed thousand. I killed ten thousand. And I was good at it. And it wasn't for vengeance. It wasn't for greed. It was because I liked it. Cassandra was nothing, her village was nothing. Do you know who I was? *Death*! Death. Death on horse! When mothers warned their children that the monster would get them, that monster was me. I was the nightmare that kept them awake at night. Is that was you want to hear? Than the answer... is yes. Oh, yes." (in answer to Duncan's question: Did you really kill all those people)

"You know, Giovanni, I saw Christ teach, I saw Christ heal, you, you self centered son of a bitch, are NO Christian!"(in response to the Immortal, Cardinal Giovanni's comment about being a true Christian)

Byron: Do you want a tombstone that says, "He Lived For Centuries" or do you want one that says, "For Centuries He Was Alive"?

Methos: You're not listening to me. I don't want a tombstone.

"I was born before the age of chivalry."

"I haven't felt guilt since the eleventh century."

"You understand nothing. Three weeks ago we were standing on a beach on the Santorini watching the sun rising on the Mediterranean...Now she is lying in a hospital in Switzerland breathing through a *tube*...You think it takes courage to do what we do. Face another immortal with a sword knowing only one of you will live. You try being her...You try living one year knowing your time is running out. Knowing that when it comes to the final fight, how ever much you train, whatever tricks you have, you still *lose*."

That's the way it is for them. So little time for them to see anything or do anything."(to Amanda, about Alexa, his wife who is dying of cancer)

Will add more later

Guest Hayesmeister5651

I <3 quote threads

"WANNA GO TO JAIL OR GO HOME?"

"It's not what you know, but what you can prove."

"My *racism*."

- Alonso Training Day.

"Never mind that shit, here comes Mongo!"

"WHY DO I GET ALL THE WARPED ONES!"

"How 'bout sommore beans Mr. Taggart?"

*sniffs air" "I'd say you had enough"

"That's Hedley!"

- Various Blazing Saddles

"I'm the one walking away, but you're the one that is leaving. AGAIN!"

- Daryl Dixon The Walking Dead

"It's the implication"

- Dennis It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

"I gave him an ocular pat down, he was given security clearance."

- Mac It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

"I eat stickers all the time dude!"

"Kitten Mittons, you'll be smitten, meoooww!"

- Charlie It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

"I've been water boarding the shit out of your sister all day, I got her admitting to stuff she's never even done!"

- Frank It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

"It's over 9000!"

- Vegeta Dragonball Z

"AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH"

- Various DBZ characters

"I'm Batman"

- Batman Batman Begins

Detective Del Spooner: You are a machine. An imitation of life. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?

Sonny: ...Can you?

— I, Robot

Mass Effect has a question that spurs a centuries-long war that drove an entire species from their planet: "Does this unit have a soul?"

"I wanted to use the Force to free the other slaves I knew, to fight for what I knew was right. The Jedi restrained me until I couldn't stand it any more. They claim the dark side is evil, but that isn't so. Sometimes anger and hatred are deserved and right. Sometimes things change because of it."

"But not always. Mostly it makes things worse."

"Any failure to get the results I want is due to a lack of power on my part. That can change, in time. As a Sith, my mettle is tested far more than when I was a Padawan. I know this may sound strange, but only my compassion stands in my way, now. Once that is gone, let the slavers beware."

"But...if you lose your compassion, will you still care about those slaves?"

"I...yes, of course. I—I mean...losing my compassion as in...holding back..."

"Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself. Although, only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now! You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?"

"Because I choose to."

" Billy! Billy! I talked to my girlfriend he other day and I said 'I'd like a little pussy!' and she said 'Me too! Mine's as big as a house!' "

- Hawkins, Predator

"Buncha slack jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you into a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus! Just like me!"

"Yeah? Well shove this up your sore ass Blaine!"

- Ponch and Blaine, Predator.

"Billy! Billy! I was with my girlfriend the other day and I said to her 'Geeze, you got a big pussy! Geeze you got a big pussy!' and she said 'Why'd you say that twice?' and I said I 'I didn't!'... Cause... Cause of the echo."

-Hawkins, Predator

• Like 1

Guest force_echo

"I figured out why men sin. Do you know? Do you know why they sin?"

"W-W-why?"

"Because they want to."

-Punisher

"If I could pray with my cock I'd be much more religious."

"I am not threatening the King Ser, I am educating my nephew; Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?"

-Tyrion Lannister

"Don't forget that I can still knock you on your ass, Kingslayer!"

-Robert Baratheon

"Winter is coming."

-Eddard Stark

"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

-Syrio Forel/Arya Stark

There will be more when I read some more and remember more quotes from Game of Thrones. :D

"There is only one God, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: "Not today."

-Syrio Forel, A Game of Thrones

"Why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next man immediately needs to know what's on the other side?"

-Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones

"The second we put a bullet in the head of one of those undead monsters -- the moment one of us drove a hammer into one of their faces -- or cut a head off. We became what we are! And that's just it. THAT's what it comes down to. You people don't know what we are.

We're surrounded by the DEAD. We're among them -- and when we finally give up, we become them! We're living on borrowed time here. Every minute of our life is a minute we steal from them! You see them out there. You KNOW that when we die -- we become them. You think we hide behind walls to protect us from the walking dead?

Don't you get it? We ARE the walking dead!"

-Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead

Guest El Wookiee

"I think I would rather be a man than a god. We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do."

Shadow, American Gods

Guest Supes Rulez

"We've had vicious kings, and we've had idiot kings... But I don't believe we've ever been cursed with a vicious idiot for a king!"

"So the Lord of Light wants his enemies burned, and the Drowned God wants them drowned. Why are all the Gods such vicious c***s? Where is the God of t**s and wine?"

Tyrion Lannister

"I am Syrio Forel..." (WHACK) "And YOU will be speaking to me with more respect."

Syrio Forel

Hope that helps. GOT is just so quotable.

Guest bigballerju

" It's all about control, which you don't have."

"Me? Get back to me when you can fly, Earth boy."

" Well, you're the one who almost lit up the whole fair."

" Has anyone ever told you're a little uptight? You definitely get that from your father."

Kara & Clark, Smallville Season 7

"Oliver, is this your idea of fun now that you've hung up your bow?"

"Should have known it was you. Clark Kent, the king of buzzkill. You and your pet rock put on a

hell of a barbecue, but I had my money on Doomsday, so..."

"You can try and play it off as a joke. But I know that the loss of Jimmy affected us both."

"Well, I guess God's got a sick sense of humor. Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be taking your name in vain."

Queen & Clark Kent, Season 9

"I'm a natural progression of the species. Evolution is a part of nature, and nature kills. Simple, right?"

Sylar, Heroes

"I'll keep trying to kill you for the rest of my life."

"Everybody needs a hobby."

Claire & Sylar, Heroes

" May God be with you Frank."

" God is going to sit this one out"

Preacher & Frank Castle, Punisher

"Unlike the humans, who call you beast, there is no violence in your heart. No hint of avarice, no smoldering hate! Yet man, who has won dominion over all this world, is a stranger to peace — a prisoner, caught in the web of his own nameless fears."

-Silver Surfer speaking to a lion

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy."

-Silver Surfer

Guest Hayesmeister5651

"Unlike the humans, who call you beast, there is no violence in your heart. No hint of avarice, no smoldering hate! Yet man, who has won dominion over all this world, is a stranger to peace — a prisoner, caught in the web of his own nameless fears."

-Silver Surfer speaking to a lion

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy."

-Silver Surfer

I like both of those lines, but I'm going to nit pick for shits and gigs.

They say lions flat out hate hyenas. They will go out of there way to maul/kill hyenas.

The funny thing is that the sacred and holy aren't kept from war. It's a nice sentiment though.

In the issue where he said this, he was actually not on Earth. He was speaking to the representatives of two alien races who had been warring for a long time.

I like both of those lines, but I'm going to nit pick for shits and gigs.

They say lions flat out hate hyenas. They will go out of there way to maul/kill hyenas.

Haha, they do say that. There are actually plausible theories though, as to why lions maul hyenas in their territory, that make more sense than something like senseless violence.

"So what are you gonna try next, cheese?"

- Dillon, Predator

"She said the jungle, it came alive and took him!"

"BULLSHIT!! That's not what she said! What she said doesn't make any sense!"

- Dillon and Poncho, Predator

"Here we are again bro. Just you and me. Same kind of moon, same kind of jungle. Real number ten, right? Whole platoon. Thirty two men chopped into meat, we walk out, just you and me! Nobody else! Right on top! Not a scatch, not a *vulgarity*in' scratch. You know who would've got you. And when he comes back again I'm gonna cut your name into him. I'm gonna cut your name into him."

- Mac, Predator

"Man I hate the subway at rush hour. It's hard enough to find a seat. And when you find one, someone's either pissed on it or throwing up all over it."

- Jerry Lambert, Predator 2

"Lieutenant don't jerk me off! When people jerk me off, I kill'em! You wanna see?!"

- Councilman Ron Miller, Robocop

"I don't wanna *vulgarity* with you Sal. But I've got the connctions! I've got the sales organization! I've got the muscle to shove this factory so far up your stupid wop ass, that you'll shit snow for a year!"

- Clarence Boddicker, Robocop

"Are you an assassin?"

"I'm a soldier.."

"No! You're neither! You're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill."

- Kurtz and Willard, Apocalypse Now

• 3 weeks later...
Guest force_echo

"They laugh at the law. The rich ones who buy it and twist it to their whims. The other ones, who have nothing to lose, who don't care about themselves, or other people. All the ones who think they're above the law, or outside it, or beyond it. They know all the law is good for is to keep good people in line. And they all laugh. They laugh at the law. But they don't laugh at me. "

-Punisher

• 7 years later...

"Admiration is the Emotion furthest from Understanding" - Souske Aizen (Bleach)

"I know the difference, I just don't care!" - Turles (DBZ) 

"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil" - Lelouch (Code Geass)