Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12870 Jason Voorhees vs. Jason Bourne

Guest Jason Voorhees fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually not. When you got beat by dumbass teenagers, you aren't a threat to someone like Bourne.

So what I stated a while back has now come back around and its really the only fact you need to prove Jason Bourne wins.

Case closed

It's actually not. When you got beat by dumbass teenagers, you aren't a threat to someone like Bourne.

every villian on this site has lost to people much weaker then them by this logic wolverine beats galactus .

fantastic 4 beat galactus and wolverine has beat them there for anyone who has lost to the fantastic 4 can't touch wolverine

thats stupid logic.

Guest bigballerju

Woah, Bigballerju, don't go throwing around false claims. Of course Jason X is canon, there's absolutely nothing to indicate otherwise. You can't just say it isn't canon because it hasn't been referenced since-- half the Friday the 13th movies haven't been referenced since their release, that doesn't mean they aren't canon.

Have you read that comic you posted? It wasn't another Jason, there was an explanation for the two being able to interact/battle with one another. I honestly can't remember it now, as it's been years since I read it, but it definitely wasn't another Jason entirely.

Oh, and the feat that was brought up (the android killing Jason by blowing his head off) occurred before his upgrade and transformation into Jason X, so it does apply to the Jason being used in this match.

Seriously, Jason X actually follows on directly from the last Friday the 13th movie. There's absolutely no evidence in the film itself or from the people who worked on it to suggest it isn't canon.

Yes it was another Jason which is why he didn't have the same memories as the original Jason in the comics. That's why at the end of the comic series when Jason X killed Jason he took his brain and combined that Jason's brain with his brain to get those memories. Freddy vs Jason takes place right after the last Friday the 13th movie. That's why in the last Friday film Jason is in the ground with his mask being the only thing shown. Freddy vs Jason takes place right after with Freddy being the one to wake Jason up and have him start killing again. Also in the last Friday movie you saw Freddy's hand appear out the ground. Hence why Freddy vs Jason takes place right after the last Friday the 13th film and is canon along with the comic series that followed it. The events of Jason X never happened. The events of Jason X take place on another Earth elsewhere in space. Jason X does come before Freddy vs Jason and it doesn't take place afterwards. After Freddy vs Jason is the the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash series and before Freddy vs Jason is the last Friday movie.

Jason X was only created because Freddy vs Jason took forever to get off the ground for many years.

Edit: Oh by the way when Freddy vs Jason came out they actually did pretty much confirm Jason X never happened because when promoting the movie they had this sheet of all the Friday and Nightmare movies leading up to Freddy vs Jason in the timeline. Jason X wasn't included because it didn't happened.

Guest Jason Redfield

he couldn't touch the girl with telekinetic girl well because she was telekinetic i wouldn't put money on jason over jean either .

It still shows that Jason has problems killing anything that isn't a helpless or incompetent moron.

he killed all the those agents later in the film if bourne had if well armed soldiers and a trap i would already concede but he dosn't.

Complete and utter bull. He does not kill the FBI agents later in the film. Either you're being disingenuous now by making stuff up or you've never actually seen the film. Either way, you're not exactly doing a good job of making us take you seriously.

And once again, the point of the example was to show that Jason's body is susceptible to physical harm and that he can be killed or tricked into falling for a trap. Bourne could replicate the feat without too much trouble.

and jasonhas the drop on him he already hit which would throw bourne off maybe even brake something.

and the android's sex has nothing to do with it's accuracy and humans even the most skilled humans have flaws androids have perfect accuracy and are hundreds of times faster then the fastest human. the she was using were all better thos are all advantages she had over bourne and she had help and still almost died.

and as for your responce about the teens beating him lol thats just a stupid arguement.

The set-up doesn't make it clear that Bourne's in any real trouble. So you can't play that card; you're making stuff up, once again.

Wha--....

What in god's name are you blabbing about now? Where did I even imply that the android's sex had anything to do with... anything? Sure, humans have flaws. But Jason has a proven track record of operating at an extremely high degree of competence even under pressure.

Her ultimate android super speed was not displayed at all during the movie. She had impressive accuracy, sure, but nothing Bourne couldn't match. Once again, I'll point you to the scene where he shoots a guy in the head, with one hand, while falling past him riding a dead body. He's not going to miss, here.

And saying "lol that's a stupid argument" is, in itself, a pretty stupid comment to make. No refutation of my point or anything. What are you, five years old? It's a perfectly acceptable point because it shows that Jason has very clear limits and can be defeated by normal humans who are far less competent than Bourne.

Just read the set-up again and realized that Bourne has a car bomb. You know what Voorhees has a bad track record against? You know what blew him to pieces and killed him in Jason Goes To Hell?

That's right.

A bomb.

Yes it was another Jason which is why he didn't have the same memories as the original Jason in the comics. That's why at the end of the comic series when Jason X killed Jason he took his brain and combined that Jason's brain with his brain to get those memories. Freddy vs Jason takes place right after the last Friday the 13th movie. That's why in the last Friday film Jason is in the ground with his mask being the only thing shown. Freddy vs Jason takes place right after with Freddy being the one to wake Jason up and have him start killing again. Also in the last Friday movie you saw Freddy's hand appear out the ground. Hence why Freddy vs Jason takes place right after the last Friday the 13th film and is canon along with the comic series that followed it. The events of Jason X never happened. The events of Jason X take place on another Earth elsewhere in space. Jason X does come before Freddy vs Jason and it doesn't take place afterwards. After Freddy vs Jason is the the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash series and before Freddy vs Jason is the last Friday movie.

Jason X was only created because Freddy vs Jason took forever to get off the ground for many years.

Edit: Oh by the way when Freddy vs Jason came out they actually did pretty much confirm Jason X never happened because when promoting the movie they had this sheet of all the Friday and Nightmare movies leading up to Freddy vs Jason in the timeline. Jason X wasn't included because it didn't happened.

You're grasping at straws. The events of Jason X kick off after Freddy vs Jason, so of course it isn't referenced in the film. It's also the reason it wasn't featured on the timeline posters.

Jason X took Jason's brain because Jason had effectively become a different entity after being overwritten by the nanites. The filmmakers were originally gonna show this by including a scene where Jason kills a hologram of his mother or something, but it was cut out. Basically, it was the same Jason featured in Jason X up until he was resurrected by the nanites, at which point they overwrote his own consciousness and used his body to become a killing machine themselves. Unless, of course, you're willing to stick to the theory that there just so happened to be two Jason Voorhees' running around...

Which are we supposed to accept as canon? An actual movie in the franchise, or some comic book follow-up to one of the films? The movies take precedence over everything else in terms of what's canon, because they're the source material. Even your silly argument that we should always go by the most popular media applies here.

By the way, I think the entire concept of a debate over the continuity of a slasher film series is pointless. It's a retconned mess as it is.

Guest Jason Redfield

Pretty much everything AvP said. In fact, I'm pretty sure I remember it being stated that Jason X, despite coming out before FvJ, actually takes place after.

This isn't some crazy retcon, either: remember that the end of Jason Goes to Hell had Freddy's hand reach out of the ground to snatch Jason's mask after he was sent to hell, so clearly the idea of FvJ was in the works long before Jason X came about.

Guest Jason Redfield

Well, I'd imagine so. Jason X has androids and space travel. Freddy vs Jason is very much modern.

I'm talking about the beginning of Jason X, which takes place in the modern day. They cryogenically freeze him at the beginning, which leads to the futuristic plot.

Guest bigballerju

So I guess nobody has the Freddy vs Jason DVD right? The timeline is in the feature section. It shows you all the movies for Jason and Freddy leading up until Freddy vs Jason. Jason X is not canon. Neither is New Nightmare.

Its funny people are telling me I am wrong when its on the DVD. Hell the timeline was on the Freddy vs Jason website at the time I think as well that was up to promote the film.

What part of "it takes place after FvJ" did you have trouble understanding?

Jason X's first scene, where he gets frozen, was set in 2008, five years after FvJ. So Jason faced Freddy, remained at Crystal Lake for the next five years, then got captured by the government, at which point the events of Jason X occurred and he died once and for all.

Guest bigballerju

What part of Jason X is not canon and not part of the timeline which it shows on the DVD could you not see? On the DVD it has on the timeline Jason X and New Nightmare are not canon and part of those movies.

Edit: Oh to further prove your wrong on this. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place right after Freddy vs Jason. That series was officially announced as canon as well.

The key word being TIMELINE. The extra on the DVD covered the events of each slasher up until their meeting, so of course Jason X wasn't mentioned. It took place five years later.

New Nightmare isn't canon for obvious reasons, but again, there's no evidence whatsoever that the same goes for Jason X.

Edit: All you're "proving" is that you're incapable of grasping simple concepts. I ask again: which takes precedence in terms of canon, an actual film from the series, or a comic book?

Guest bigballerju

No it didn't because Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: Nightmare Warriors takes place after Freddy vs Jason. Once again those series were officially announced as canon and taking place right after Freddy vs Jason.

Guest bigballerju

Let me make this very clear. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place 5 years after the Freddy vs Jason movie. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was announced as officially cannon. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:Nightmare Warriors the sequel is also canon.

So no Jason X did not take place five years later like you claim.

Guest bigballerju

Impossible if you look at the events of both the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics and Jason X. The two are no way connected nor show any relation. You add in Jason vs Jason X and its impossible for Jason X to be canon. Storywise its impossible.

On the timeline it said New Nightmare and Jason X were not part of the timeline. It was actually on the Freddy vs Jason website at the time. It was also on the DVD.

The movie doesnt exactly state it happens 5 years after does it? I dont remember it saying that. I'll watch it later tonight to find out for sure. Either way the movie occurs after Freddy vs Jason so it would not be in the timeline leading up to the movie. More than one event can occur 5 years after the movie. Same as in other comics where the Justice League faces down several major opponents in a single year. While all the characters also deal with things individually.

Guest Jason Redfield

Yeah. Bigballerju is might as well be holding his hands over his ears at this point while yelling, "LALALA! Not listening!"

And like you pointed out AvP, this also runs counter to his previous argument that supposedly we always go with movies because that's what people are more familiar with. Except when it doesn't suit your argument, of course, then we go with the obscure comics.

Guest bigballerju

Except for the fact this isn't a adaption based off a book. Stop trying to take that previous arguement and use it against me because it doesn't apply. Their was more to that. David Rice from the Jumper film is in the database and not the book that nobody knows about or has even read. Nice try using that previous movie arguement but that's different and this is dealing with a comic that's a actual sequel.

AVP is the one who stated Jason X takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason not me. He even stated Jason died once and for all which is false since we don't know where Jason X would take place if it were canon. I also like the fact you ignored what I said about Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which is part of the story and is canon. You also ignored the DVD part and the Freddy vs Jason website point. I have yet to see either of you explain where Jason X takes place and how it fits in.

But yea let's go with I don't know what I am talking about and I am ignoring people's posts...