Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12870 Jason Voorhees vs. Jason Bourne

Guest Jason Voorhees fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason Redfield

Except for the fact this isn't a adaption based off a book. Stop trying to take that previous arguement and use it against me because it doesn't apply. Their was more to that. David Rice from the Jumper film is in the database and not the book that nobody knows about or has even read. Nice try using that previous movie arguement but that's different and this is dealing with a comic that's a actual sequel.

AVP is the one who stated Jason X takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason not me. He even stated Jason died once and for all which is false since we don't know where Jason X would take place if it were canon. I also like the fact you ignored what I said about Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which is part of the story and is canon. You also ignored the DVD part and the Freddy vs Jason website point. I have yet to see either of you explain where Jason X takes place and how it fits in.

But yea let's go with I don't know what I am talking about and I am ignoring people's posts...

Stop backpedaling. You explicitly stated that the reasoning for going by the movie rather than the book in regards to Twilight is because more people are familiar with the film. The fact that that's horrendous reasoning aside, you'd think that would be the case. How many people have read that comic? Now how many people have seen Jason X, by comparison? The latter has had a lot more viewers than the former has readers.

And no, the whole "well one is an actual sequel and the other isn't!" thing doesn't work, as AvP and others have proven that Jason X does not, by any means, conflict with the existing Friday the 13th plot-line. But that concept seems to be way over your head, because you're stuck in some kind of silly belief system where Voorhees can only be bothered to get off his butt once a year or something.

No, no one has ignored what you said about the timeline on the DVD. It's just that your logic is flawed there, too. You simply seem to be incapable of realizing that Jason X explicitly takes place after Freddy vs Jason. No shit Sherlock, of course it's not on the timeline leading up to the movie that takes place before it.

Also, using your example with Jumper, are you saying we should use only the feats from the movie because it's more popular? Because I would have no problem with someone using book feats in a Jumper discussion, unless the OP stated "movie version".

Also, how about some links proving your assertion about the canonocity (or lack thereof) regarding the comic, Jason X, etc.? Citations needed, my friend.

Guest bigballerju

Where does it say Jason X even takes place at all in the same Universe? It was never said that movie was canon to the original Friday movies, Freddy vs Jason, and the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash storyline. It was officially announced that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place after Freddy vs Jason 5 years later and is canon. After that we also have Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:Nightmare Warriors which is also canon. They have never said Jason X was canon either nor bother to try and connect it to the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash storyline which is canon. I have a feeling both of us could keep going to the end of time debating on this but I am just trying to say all signs point to Jason X not being canon. I already told you on the timeline it says Jason X and New Nightmare aren't a part of it. The timeline was on the Freddy vs Jason dvd I had of all the movies.

By the way no AVP didn't proof that Jason X doesn't conflict with the storyline. The Friday the 13th storyline goes from the first Friday movie to Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: Nightmare Warriors. The first Freddy vs Jason vs Ash before Nightmare Warriors takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason. Freddy vs Jason takes place after Jason goes to Hell.

At this point I getting tired.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

From what I read, all of the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash nonsense happens before Jason X. So, Jason X would be canon.

Guest Jason Redfield

Where does it say Jason X even takes place at all in the same Universe? It was never said that movie was canon to the original Friday movies, Freddy vs Jason, and the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash storyline. It was officially announced that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash takes place after Freddy vs Jason 5 years later and is canon. After that we also have Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:Nightmare Warriors which is also canon. They have never said Jason X was canon either nor bother to try and connect it to the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash storyline which is canon. I have a feeling both of us could keep going to the end of time debating on this but I am just trying to say all signs point to Jason X not being canon. I already told you on the timeline it says Jason X and New Nightmare aren't a part of it. The timeline was on the Freddy vs Jason dvd I had of all the movies.

It doesn't have to specifically say that the movie is canon. No one has ever directly stated that the last book of the Harry Potter series is canon, have they? It's assumed to be until contradictory evidence appears to suggest otherwise. And what you have is not contradictory evidence. You're making assumptions and grasping at straws without providing actual links or other evidence to prove all of what you're spouting.

It was officially announced that the comics were canon. OK, that's great, but first of all: prove it. I don't disbelieve that it is, but I'd still like to see proof other than you repeatedly claiming "it was announced".

Once again, they don't have to come out and say "Hey guys, just in case you were wondering, this stuff's canon," every time they release a damn movie. It's an officially-recognized sequel in the series and there isn't anything suggesting otherwise, minus your baseless assumptions that have already been refuted multiple times by multiple people. "All signs", sure. Whatever you say.

By the way no AVP didn't proof that Jason X doesn't conflict with the storyline. The Friday the 13th storyline goes from the first Friday movie to Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: Nightmare Warriors. The first Freddy vs Jason vs Ash before Nightmare Warriors takes place 5 years after Freddy vs Jason. Freddy vs Jason takes place after Jason goes to Hell.

Stop telling me stuff I already know. None of this conflicts with Jason X.

At all.

At this point I getting tired.

You're not the only one. It's pretty exasperating to watch multiple people try to get through to you while you act like we're speaking another language.

Guest Square Pickle

If I remember right, Freddy vs Jason took place about ten years before Jason X. The director of FvJ stated that during the directors commentary. However he also stated that he wasnt for sure having not been a part of Jason X. So Im not sure if thats ever been clarified officially or not though, so the argument could swing either way. It would make sense (assuming) that Freddy vs Jason was supposed to have taken place directly after the 1993 Jason Goes to Hell when Jason X was originally made. This is shown not to be the case however come 2003 when FvJ showed a much more modern world (internet usage, modern day Sprite/Coke cans, and modern vehicles). During the movie, I also recall the directors saying: "Freddy vs Jason took 10 years to write the proper way and was supposed to have been released in the 90's. Jason X's release also messed with marketing for the already finished product". So the directors did NOT consider it cannon to FvJ, however the guys who made JX DID consider it cannon. FvJ was designed earlier than Jason X and by most in the industry to be more of a "what if" Sci-Fi story. Then again, even the directors of both movies (and fans alike) cannot agree on this argument. Im not sure if there is a real answer here, as both stories are complicated. It could be argued either way depending who you give more credibility to. The traditional Jason fans say Jason X doesnt count, where as the all around horror fans will argue that it did. Its debatable...

For example: If you ask Jamie Lee Curtis, Halloween 3,4,5,and 6 are non-cannon to Halloween H2O. If you ask most fans though 4,5, and 6 very much DID happen (along with H20) despite the director saying it never happened. So.... Its very complicated.

Guest skadoosh

And he also wouldn't make the "Graaaah" noise. Strong, silent type and all.

Although, he did run in the most recent film and, if I'm not mistaken, in some of the earlier films (number two and three I think, but don't quote me on that).

He is a very silent guy indeed. Wasn't the most recent Friday film a prequel? I've never seen Jason run myself, but in all honesty, it doesn't matter, because he's got the whole appear-where-you-were-running-to thing going on. It wouldn't allow him to beat Bourne, though, but maybe surprise him, if the fight lasts that long.

snip

Voorhees gets defeated by teenagers and bullets go through him. Bourne is an extrmely smart and well trained killer with a gun. The latter wins.

Here's why, in someone else's words:

I'm giving this one to Bourne as well. The no-nonsense agent would learn very quickly not to waste bullets to the chest. Once he goes for joints and the head, Voorhes will be going down quickly.

I also have some problems with the depiction of Bourne. Besides what Avp said, Jason wouldn't be calling his enemy out like that. He'll do it stealthily, looking all over for him. Yeah, Voorhes is more likely to find Bourne first, but that's just my two cents on characterization.

Jason X is not canon to the Friday movies and Freddy vs Jason. That was another Jason who was a different entity. So using Jason X is pointless.

I think Jason X is just Jason in the future. That is what they show in the film, anyway, and i don't see why it wouldn't be so.

Aaron Cross vs Jason Bourne?

I'd say Bourne, being the veteran, but apparently Cross has powers. Or is enhaced, kinda Captain America style, but i don't know to what extent.