Crimson Typhoon: 4

Mythbusters: CBUB

Marvel Man

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kinetic War
How about getting some giant effin moster to eat them.

I would put that somewhere in the area of magic, as far as practicality and availability goes. It would be a lot easier to just dump hydrochloric acid on them.

Guest KevinDWolf93
I would put that somewhere in the area of magic, as far as practicality and availability goes. It would be a lot easier to just dump hydrochloric acid on them.

I layed out my verdict..what you got?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KevinDWolf93
I have one that i hope you guys can help me with..... Can you kill Wolverine? And if so than how do you do it?

At what level of regen?

Guest ribbonz
At what level of regen?

Full and im talking about characters as strong as Deadpool that have to kill him. Also would it be eaiser to kill Logan if he had A:100% Regeneration with bone skeleton or B:50% regeneration with adamantium skeleton?

Full and im talking about characters as strong as Deadpool that have to kill him. Also would it be eaiser to kill Logan if he had A:100% Regeneration with bone skeleton or B:50% regeneration with adamantium skeleton?

I'd say A.

Just cut him a bunch of times with The Muramasa blade. It negates healing factors.

Guest Kinetic War

Heck, just look at the previous myth. Nearly all the ideas (except maybe the ripping apart/beheading thing) could work on Wolvy under the right circumstances. Somebody told me that Wolverine's insane regen has been toned down recently, so most of the tricks (drowning, crushing, White Phosphorus, etc.) should work on him now. Not sure though. If he's insane healer level, it's adamantium cage for him.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Ok lets try this myth:

Supermans "Clark Kent" glasses(AKA Clark Kenting) disguise is a horrible cover

:superman-cover.jpg

Ok some situations claim he has control over facial muscles, other say hes got award winning actor skills, the fact that he has buddies who are shapeshifters may help... But is there a good explination for why a bunch of professional jornalists and such are fooled by a pair of glasses and a suit?

Feel free to question against any other heroes secret identities /costumes.

*claps*

Excellent myth/question. Superman looks exactly the same as Clark Kent, except for those pesky glasses. No mask, no shadows, nothing. At least he tries though. His cousin?

power-girl-conner-ff.jpg

OMG! It's Power Girl! I recognized her by those... Uh... Her costume...

2gy4qd5.jpg

Who's that? A sweater? Really?

Guest Kinetic War

Agreed, this is a good one. I must really dig the memory banks for this.

Aside from the glasses and the hairstyle, Supes and Clark could be twins. How come there haven't been more people figuring out this connection? Reasons given to this range from the afore-mentioned acting expertise (one of my favourites) to a low-level super hypnosis power. As the latter is a pretty stupid explanation, especially since Supes doesn't use this power to anything else, most writers these days go with the acting thing. In an attempt to make it even more realistic, Jeph Loeb hinted in HUSH that Perry White had already figured out Clark's secret, but was keeping it a secret. Who's to say all of his other friends haven't come to the same conclusion as well, but prefer not to bring it up?

John Byrne's revamp of the character made Superman an even more reckless gambler on his secret identity. His Clark Kent was a confident, outspoken star reporter, who made no secret of his excellent physique. I have no scan to show, but Man of Steel #5 perfectly demonstrated this: When Lois entered the office of the Daily Planet, Kent immediately cracked a sarcastic joke while sitting nonchalantly on a desk, sleeves rolled up to reveal his muscular forearm. Even better, within the next pages, Clark took off, with Lois hot on his trail, and used his super speed to leave her high and dry. I would imagine that if I hid my secret identity with just a pair of glasses, I'd be more careful with my demeanor.

Byrne gives no explanation for the ignorance of the people around Clark, except him using his super speed to 'blur' his face in photographs, and the more powerful explanation of people not realizing Superman has a secret identity to begin with. This is actually a pretty good argument: Considering how nearly all the other superheroes in the DC universe hide their face in some manner, Supes refusing to hide his could be seen as a sure sign of him not needing a mask in the first place. If I was Superman, why would I bother with a secret identity? Why not be Superman all the time? This is further amplified by the act he puts forth in all other incarnations except Byrne's. If I was Superman and wanted a secret identity for some reason, I sure as hell wouldn't pick one as pathetic as Clark Kent. But since Zorro definitely exists as a fictional character in the DC universe, this explanation is watered down somewhat. After all, Don Diego de la Vega owned the act of hiding his badassery with a mild-mannered, clumsy, and ultimately very pathetic fake personality.

Whatever the real deal, considering that canon says Supes still has a secret identity to speak of, it must be working pretty well. But still, the glasses aren't what's doing it. If Supes only relied on his glasses, he'd been outed after his first appearance as Clark Kent.

I might be writing more later, but these are my initial thoughts.

Guest boston_celtics

Superman uses his super-speed to vibrate at levels so high that they alter the appearance of his face.

That's how he pulls off the Clark Kent look.

Myth solved.

Who wants advertisement? I've got some right here! Woo!

The Actor's Guild of Khazan & Raya Sayang.

Indeed. I'm about to post a character for analysis.

... Over at Writer's Kingdom...

Which can be found here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Writers_Kingdom/index/

Which I like to visit after I drink some delicious Pepsi products.

• 1 month later...
Guest tomisntblue
Which I like to visit after I drink some delicious Pepsi products.

Unrelated, but I have just gain a whole new level of respect for you.

Guest Red Blue Blur
Ok lets try this myth:

Supermans "Clark Kent" glasses(AKA Clark Kenting) disguise is a horrible cover

:superman-cover.jpg

Ok some situations claim he has control over facial muscles, other say hes got award winning actor skills, the fact that he has buddies who are shapeshifters may help... But is there a good explination for why a bunch of professional jornalists and such are fooled by a pair of glasses and a suit?

Feel free to question against any other heroes secret identities /costumes.

I know its the comic world but Superman doesnt show much expressions same as Batman. The two when in public as Superman and Batman relax dopping there shoulders and not standing upright make them seem smaller plus wearing cloths justa little two big will make there physical appearance seem less muscular. Also you can either tighten or relax muscles in the face to slightly alter your jaw line or brow line which could work for them. Those are just a few possible ways to through some people off.

Guest Artemis Entreri
I know its the comic world but Superman doesnt show much expressions same as Batman. The two when in public as Superman and Batman relax dopping there shoulders and not standing upright make them seem smaller plus wearing cloths justa little two big will make there physical appearance seem less muscular. Also you can either tighten or relax muscles in the face to slightly alter your jaw line or brow line which could work for them. Those are just a few possible ways to through some people off.

I don't think you can compare Clark Kent to Bruce Wayne. I said this because, Superman is pretending to be in his mind, a normal everyday weak human.

While Batman and Bruce Wayne are a split personality. No, it's not so severe to where he's not in control of both, but instead he purposely keeps the two seperate.