Now this will be in the following categories:

general,

cbub

polls

other site forums.

Canon stories

crossover stories

anything else you can think of

I can pretty confidently say that this myth is busted, since the adverb of frequency 'always' requires there to be no exceptions, which simply isn't the case. There are many known instances where a lesser-known character wins, usually for the sake of drama. This is how Squirrel Girl started out, as a pretty insignificant character who managed to beat Dr. Doom with the help of her squirrels and a truckload of PIS, which was necessary to tell another story of an Average Jane beating insane odds in a literary effort to either inspire people or just honour cliches.

In general? Overall, a huge percentage of victories on the CBUB and elsewhere is based on popularity, but not a full 100 percent, which is the key here. So busted.

CBUB? Busted, as difficult as it is to believe. There are instances (only a handful, granted) when a lesser-known character has won because of overwhelmingly united acknowledgement of the character's abilities. But this means there can't be fanboys around during that battle, which is hard to accomplish and therefore rare.

Polls are probably the only area we could say this myth is confirmed, as a decisively ignorant person in a given field will always vote for the one candidate they know better. Sadly, there will always be a lot of these people.

Other site forums... Nah, doubt it. There are usually a few people on all sites that can present enough intelligent arguments to silence those whose argumentation tactic revolves around "X wins because he/she is cool".

Canon stories - Busted. 'Nuff said.

Crossover stories: I don't usually read them, but though they are very much popularity-based, I doubt the relative concept of popularity-wins could be applied very fairly here. Too many fanboys would get upset. Unlikely.

In real life - Busted. Newcomers beating legends in sports is nothing new (I won't give examples, since watching or learning about other people playing sports bores me to death). And although the concepts of 'well-known' and 'victory' are relative, I only need to say "Vietnam" to ignite discussion in certain circles.

The verdict? Busted. The relatively better-known character usually wins, but not always.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Dr. KW just swept in and brought this thread back.

Nice.

Anyways, you guys can keep hammering away at that last myth, but here's the new Official Myth:

Is the Juggernaut truly unstoppable?!

193481-137385-juggernaut_super.jpg

Background: Cain Marko, who would go on to become the Juggernaut, gained his amazing powers while serving in the army. You see, Cain found a magical gem which granted him outrageous strenght, unmatched endurance, and neverending stamina. However, he soon found himself in conflict with his "brother" Charlie, and his team of superpowered mutants. It was during this time that Marko built his fearsome reputation, and gained his official Marvel adjective:

The Unstoppable Juggernaut.

comics_juggernaut_01.gif

But is he truly unstoppable? You decide!

Note: We'll go with the classic/evil Juggs.

Nice.

Anyways, you guys can keep hammering away at that last myth, but here's the new Official Myth:

Background: Cain Marko, who would go on to become the Juggernaut, gained his amazing powers while serving in the army. You see, Cain found a magical gem which granted him outrageous strenght, unmatched endurance, and neverending stamina. However, he soon found himself in conflict with his "brother" Charlie, and his team of superpowered mutants. It was during this time that Marko built his fearsome reputation, and gained his official Marvel adjective:

comics_juggernaut_01.gif

I believe that Thor had once knocked a charging Juggernaut backwards.

Guest Kinetic War

Heh, I'm flattered. Though to be fair, it was Kevin who reminded me of this thread.

Dr. KW, hmm... I like the sound of that.

houseseason3.jpg

I'm the character on the left. At least I'm almost as old and cranky.

Guest Kinetic War
Batman can beat anyone with enough prep time.

This has been discussed before, here. There you can find my reasoning on why I think the myth is busted. But if someone else wants to have a crack at it, let's make that the next myth.

As for the Juggernaut myth... I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. I should be studying, not doing research on a fictional character's abilities. Must... resist......... temptation.........................

Yeah, right.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Nice.

comics_juggernaut_01.gif

Aww, I thought u were talking bout me(KW=KWolf)...U really have to watch those initials when reffering to people.

Anyways Im not sure about fully powered juggernaut. Ive heard of Jean lifting him in air, only to see him keep moving at her(cant find scan of it)

@Zreth:As for the whole hammer thing. Im guessing it wasnt juggs at full power or happened after this:136715-jj3_super.gif

It appears juggs just keeps on trucking

Ill wait for a rebuttal, but Im guessing this is more or less true(unless Kinetic goes off and exploits some small thing you mentioned with his damn technicality powers

Guest Kinetic War
Aww, I thought u were talking bout me(KW=KWolf)...U really have to watch those initials when reffering to people.

Dang... Why did you... Gaaahh. Way to steal my thunder there, Kev. Oh, well. Just to show what a self-important jerk I am, I'll keep on referring to myself as "Dr. KW" regardless.

Well, so far the only thing I've come up with is the one famous instance where War Hulk in Celestial armour stops the Juggernaut. I'm not sure of all the details, but I suppose it counts.

After a long struggle, Hulk and Juggs come to a standstill.

I've read of stuff like high-level magic supposedly capable of the same thing, but so far, I've found no proof.

Ill wait for a rebuttal, but Im guessing this is more or less true(unless Kinetic goes off and exploits some small thing you mentioned with his damn technicality powers

Yes, if only I had chosen to be a lawyer instead of a doctor. That would be me:

2020927229_3a1ad72f7b.jpg

To Kevin: Actually I believe I read somewher that Thor has a lower level of strength in which he uses to face mortals which would include people like the Hulk or Juggernaut (At first sight). So maybe later on in a diffrent time he realizes that he shouldn't hold back on the Juggernaut and go all out.

Guest Culwych

How about these?

juggthor.jpg

juggonslaught.jpg

Guest MarvelFan15

@ Kinetic War:

The Was War (Hulk) amped by Celestial Tech, which, if utilized properly, is the equivalent of magic. It just goes to show that Juggs can only be stopped when a migical force greater than his own is trying to slow him down. Hulk's Celestial Tech > The amount of magic Cytorak was allowing Juggs at the time.

Also, there was indeed a time when Thor pushed the Juggernaut back. However, that was the God-Blast! Again, a massively powerful magical force.

@ Culwych:

Darn, you need to get online more often.

As for the Onslaught scans...they involve some PIS. Firstly, we must consider the fact the Onslaut's power comes from Psionics, alowing him to *insensitivity* virtually anyone. Do you see Cain's helmet on in that picture? Secondly, Onslaught ripped Cytorak's gem from Cain's body...even though that gem isn't even in his body. It's fused to his soul. So, the only way I see Onslaught actually acomplishing this is by using his reality manipulation abilities from Franklin Richards (which would be sufficient to overpower Cain's magic (and which, I believe at the time of this scan, he didn't yet have them)).

So, it's either A) Illusion, :P Reality Manipulation. I'm guessing the former.

And, again, Thor's hammer is magic. He's drained Jugg's magic from him before, which allowed him to come close to knocking the Juggernaut out cold. Also, for that particular scan Juggs seemed to be actually flinching backwards when the hammer attacked to him. Other than that, it only seemed to be diverting his momentum, not stopping it.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Thanks for the assist MF. I agree with Marvel on the onslaught scan. Though the thor one is intresting(and hilarious considering that proves he is unstoppable, even vs gravity!) as Im not sure if his "unstoppible momentum" would kick in for a reg. punch. Though I also wouldnt call what thor did, a stop...

No opinion on hulk scan.

Guest Culwych
Thanks for the assist MF. I agree with Marvel on the onslaught scan. Though the thor one is intresting(and hilarious considering that proves he is unstoppable, even vs gravity!) as Im not sure if his "unstoppible momentum" would kick in for a reg. punch. Though I also wouldnt call what thor did, a stop...

No opinion on hulk scan.

'

597676-juggs_gladiator1_super.jpg

Wolverine-Juggernaut.jpg

op44ld.jpg

172214lw.jpg

onjuggysback.jpg

juggernaut13.jpg

juggernaut19.jpg

Guest Kinetic War

@ MarvelFan15: Interesting. Ain't too familiar with the Celestials, so I'll treat you as the expert. Your opinion, would Dr. Strange wield enough magic power to stop Juggy, or could he summon a being that could?

Anyways, so Juggernaut can be stopped. Can anything else besides powerful magic do it? How about that scan by Culwych, where the nerve locking guy stops him by using his own body against him? Does it look solid, or are we missing something?

Guest Culwych
@ MarvelFan15: Interesting. Ain't too familiar with the Celestials, so I'll treat you as the expert. Your opinion, would Dr. Strange wield enough magic power to stop Juggy, or could he summon a being that could?

Anyways, so Juggernaut can be stopped. Can anything else besides powerful magic do it? How about that scan by Culwych, where the nerve locking guy stops him by using his own body against him? Does it look solid, or are we missing something?

And finally:

2605_4_0322.jpg

That would be the Champion, an Elder of the Universe.

He goes around the Universe fighting the greatest fighter. He knows every fighting form in existence and has bested beings like Hercules & Colossus. He played it smart in that last scan.

I assume that would work...

Guest MarvelFan15

@Kinetic War:

Umm...Well, the Champion did have the Power Gem at that point...I think.

As for your Doc Strange question: Hmm...They've fought before, but I've never read the definite outcome of that battle. Strange does have a means to contact Cytorak, though, so, I'm assuming he could manage to shut Juggy's power off at the source, seeing as we all know what Strange is capable of. Then again, pehraps not, seeing as how he's no longer Sorcerer Supreme.

@Culwych:

Due to having a dial-up internet connection, I'm unable to load the pics. Could you help me out, please?

Guest Kinetic War

@ MM & MF15: Thanks for the info, guys.

So, my verdict is: Myth busted. Juggernaut can be stopped under specific circumstances, for instance by a magical force that is greater than what the Cyttorak gem is handing out at a given time. But so far, I think the catchprase "No force on Earth can stop the Juggernaut" is valid.

Oh, and Marvel Man: I just came to the conclusion that we should bust the Doomsday myth as well, for two reasons:

1) Doomsday has been killed twice by Superman level strength, though it has been stated that he will evolve beyond that which killed him the first time. In New Krypton, he was again killed by being pummeled to death by Supes, Supergirl, and Kandorians. Besides, Supes knocked him out during the sentience arc, though he's supposed to be immune to what Superman can hand out. Apparently not...

2) For all purposes of this thread, and for the love of the One Above All, this kind of bullcrap must stop. Here's a real argument by an unnamed CBUB'r (commentary in blue by me):

How come every DBZ Fan says they are too fast so the f.ck what.What abut Durability, it is said (by whom?) Doomsday Durability is highy than

that of Brolly. Goku wouldn't hurt Doomsday (yes, he would) plus Doomsady can regerate (true, but pretty slowly). He will just come back to life stronger (not if he's disintegrated completely), do you know that and if Goku kills him with a Kamahamaha wave it will NOT WORK TH NEXT TIME! (sure, next time being somewhere around 20 014 A.D.)

Yes, the grammar skills are uncanny, but the point here is that Doomsday fans simply don't understand how the character's powers work. Can't really blame them for that, since no writer has bothered to explain the mechanism, but that doesn't justify them making up their own powers for him along the way. So, as far as the purpose of this thread is considered, myth busted. We have never seen Doomsday live up to his famous catchphrase "Doomsday will return to life immune to what killed him". Hyperbole for the sake of selling more issues, in the style of the infamous "And nothing will ever be the same again!"

Special offer brought to you by Dr. KW: Two busted myths for the price of one! We're going nutty today at CBUB Mythbusters!

Guest KevinDWolf93

Cleaning house I see...

Well since U answered Techs myth on batman I have one that might be intresting:

Is decapitation the best way to stop someone who has a healing factor?

Weapon_XI.jpg

wait for it...

Now so u dont use ur technicality powers some ground rules

*The method mentioned has to not be total overkill(ex. super incinerator laser ftw!),and somewhat possible in a battle scenario

*now feel free to use other examples, but most people(including me) think of regen, we think of deadpool or wolverine...use that example for the main myth.

Cleaning house I see...

Well since U answered Techs myth on batman I have one that might be intresting:

Is decapitation the best way to stop someone who has a healing factor?

Weapon_XI.jpg

wait for it...

Now so u dont use ur technicality powers some ground rules

*The method mentioned has to not be total overkill(ex. super incinerator laser ftw!),and somewhat possible in a battle scenario

*now feel free to use other examples, but most people(including me) think of regen, we think of deadpool or wolverine...use that example for the main myth.

Actually, I would go with the destruction of brain cells for a more sure fire death.

Actually, I would go with the destruction of brain cells for a more sure fire death.

True as the head could be put back on...

Anyway, I say Fire is better... Fire solves everything... EVERYTHING!