Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Comic Books

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest force_echo

I second that motion. Well, I've never really liked Cyclops that much, but I definitely agree that Marvel is completely demolishing the character.

Guest bigballerju

I don't know what to think at the moment really as both sides have a point. Captain America is right in the fact that if the Phoenix bonds with Hope they all could be screwed if things turn down south like they did with Jean Grey. However Cyclops is right that Hope bonding with the Phoenix could be the thing the mutant race needs.

Either way one side is going to regret there decision.

On DC's side the new 52 is great. Although the Justice League's attitude kind of needs to improve a bit. However I understand its them when they first formed so there gone be not as experienced and have different attitudes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Artemis Entreri

I read the first 3 issues and I'm pissed beyond words... X-Men beaten in a matter of four pages... Cyclops can't ricochet his beam it seems, because The Cyk I know would demolish Cap in a few short blast... But I guess Marvel is setting this comic up for Avengers fans via the Movie!!! I'm not happy!!!

Guest bigballerju

Oh man I started reading American Vampire too AVP and its good. Avengers vs X-Men is a great read too. I love how Ironman told Cap he reminded him of how he was during Civil War and Magneto told Cyclop he reminded him of his past self. Its like both men are changed in this storyline. Cyclops knew Captain America would act like this as if you remember in the past I think they fought over Jean Grey as well as Scarlett Witch. You guys have to read the other issues which are good and are part of Avengers vs X-Men. In other issues Juggernaut beat the living hell out of Red Hulk to the point Red Hulk's face was f**ked up and other great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Bravo, Marvel. In the space of two months, you've managed to ruin the first three of your heroic symbiotes. -.-

I mean, seriously, after having Hybrid and Scream dormant for years, you bring them back... only to have them both killed off in a few pages? Then you write Pat Mulligan off with no explanation whatsoever, and bond the Toxin symbiote to Eddie Brock, of all people? If you want Brock to get a symbiote back then can the stupid Flash as Venom idea and bring back the original (and best) Venom. Why ruin another perfectly good character? In my opinion, Marvel should stop shuffling the symbiote hosts around so much and just leave 'em be.

Guest bigballerju

Heh you make some good points AVP about the Symbotes and Pat.

On another note I love the Smallville Season 11 comic that is going on. I will most definitely get it when its put in trade for sure and still buy some of the issues. I usually don't buy trade and just get the issues that I like the most of a series. I have never been one of those comic collectors who needs every issue.

Okay seriously why the hell DC is Billy Batson such a snobby and miserable pain in the ass. My god you didn't need to make him like that to the point he could die for all I care and someone else becomes Captain Marvel.

Oh yeah, the Smallville comics are awesome. At first I was a little skeptical (I was wondering if there was really a point in continuing it, since it had done its job of chronicling Clark's journey up to becoming Superman), but I'm actually liking it more than Action Comics, lol.

Guest bigballerju

Yes I have always loved Smallville's version of Superman better then the main comics. For me thats my Superman. The trailer for the Green Arrow TV Show coming out this fall is out. It actually looks okay. I hope CW took some pointers on Smallville on how to do a good Green Arrow.

I don't know how I feel about DC's complete change of certain DC characters. I mean am I to assume there won't be a Wildcats team? That also there wasn't a original Teen Titans with DIck Grayson?

By the way the Earth 2 comic was awesome.

Guest Shockwave

Ok so a couple of weeks ago I was at a bag sale for books and I loaded up on trades. I think I got lucky with the first three I read, Teen Titans with Robin, Ravager, Red Devil, Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle, Batman Gothic and Red Hulk. That's all I've read so far.

But I did notice a tie-in to Infinite Crisis. Should I get Infinite Crisis?

Guest bigballerju

LOL you shouldn't even ask. Infinite Crisis is a must get. Even though it didn't happen in the current DC.

Well... This is disappointing. I enjoyed JLI more than the flagship Justice League title, yet I find out it's being canceled after the 12th issue? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DamagEdit: Also, Batman was like the only character on that team that I knew. Go figure, that'd I like a team of unknowns more than of ones I actually do know.

Guest bigballerju

I think DC is switching up what titles for the new 52 they put out there to bring in new characters for people to read. I'm real interested in where this new Universe is heading and what's the first big even gone be like. Hell for all we know they could do a brand new Crisis on Multiple Earths event similar to the one in the past.

Before Watchmen is coming out soon. Can't wait to read those.

Heh. Well, I guess I don't really care for any of the people in the Justice League to begin with, except for Batman. And he's in both. :P I am becoming a Hal Jordan fan, though. Flash and Aquaman are pretty cool, also. Wonder Woman and Supes... meh. Too bad Cyborg doesn't have his own series. I'd buy that shit. :D

Watchmen, eh? Might have to keep a look out for those.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigballerju

I think I posted early DC Comics has completely made Billy such a snobby and miserable pain in the ass. They absolutely screwed up in there new version of Billy. I would love to know who does DC think would buy a new Captain Marvel comic with that version of Billy. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that company.

Edit: Oh yea it was just announced Alan Scott will be debuting in the Earth 2 comics. But the bigger announcement is that he will be Gay.

Here is a link from superherohype:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170881-comics-dc-announces-who-its-gay-character-is

Guest LoneWolf

I heard the Avengers V Xmen is awful. Marver is sinking to new depths. I haven't liked Avengers since Spiderman and Wolverine joined, what a mess.

Guest bigballerju

Its not awful and right now its okay. I am just reading to see whats the big thing thats gone happen that Marvel kept talking about.

Went ahead and finished the last chapter of Batman: Court of Owls, Vol. 1. This may just be my Batman fanboyism showing, but this was by far the most entertaining book, of the four I've read. Can't wait for Vol. 2. I might have to pick up The Black Mirror and Swamp Thing, to read more of Scott Snyder, in the meantime.

Now I just have to read Stormwatch, and Detective Comics... when it arrives. Won't be coming out 'till the 12th. Then a loooooong wait 'till July, as that's all I'm buying that month. Oh, well.

Guest Shockwave

I think I posted early DC Comics has completely made Billy such a snobby and miserable pain in the ass. They absolutely screwed up in there new version of Billy. I would love to know who does DC think would buy a new Captain Marvel comic with that version of Billy. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that company.

Edit: Oh yea it was just announced Alan Scott will be debuting in the Earth 2 comics. But the bigger announcement is that he will be Gay.

Here is a link from superherohype:

http://www.superhero...ay-character-is

Name one hero that they DIDN'T screw up

Guest LoneWolf

Just picked up some older collections. Incredible Hulk 331-382, Sgt Rock omnibus # 2 and 3, a Carnage and War Machine TPB... oh and some action figures. Also a book: 'How to read literature like a professor', it will probably help my matches a bit once I have read it.

Minor complaint on the Batman book. While I really did enjoy it, more so than the other 3, there's an irritating point about midway through the book. Without spoiling anything, you have to turn the book sideways, and even upside down to read the pages. Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

Guest force_echo

so, I traded my friend a bottle of milk in exchange for a 1 month subscription to Marvel's Digital Comics Unlimited. So far I've read the past 20 years of Iron Man comics.