Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

Rumble 20570 Arkin vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Arkin: 0
Komodo: 1

Rumble 20569 Minsu Kim vs. The Avengers
MATCH SCORE
Minsu Kim: 2
The Avengers: 4

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Chun-Li
MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 9
Chun-Li: 3

Comic Books

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Sick of all the "who would beat who", are you tired of people not discussing classics written by Alan Moore or Jack Kirby?

Well here is that thread to discuss such things!

I'll start us off. What is your favorite Batman arc? One of mine would have to be Knightfall. I remember being really young and having my mom buy the issues at the gricery store of all places. I love Bane, but I think he peaked too early in his career. I don't see how he could ever top "breaking the bat".

edit: Also I loved Azrael's Bat suit. That thing reeks of early 90's, but that is what makes it so sweet <_<

Parno2_Batman_01.jpg

Guest MarvelFan15

Alan Moore beats Jack Kirby.

There. I proved Ethan right.

EDIT: And a Batman arc I really enjoyed was Hush. Didn't get to read all of it, though.

Guest LoneWolf

Dark Knight Returns. I read it when I was like ten years old. I thought it was the greatest thing ever. The Mutants were just like the X Men, but evil and lead by Stephen King's 'It', seemingly enough.

Batman shoots a guy in the head with an M 60 and kills the Joker. Oh and takes out Superman... What a legend...

Guest Hayesmeister5651

EDIT: And a Batman arc I really enjoyed was Hush. didn't get to read all of it, though.

You fiend <_<

I have the graphic novel of it and loved that story too. From what I have read, Jeph Loeb is good at writing Batman stories. Long Halloween, Dark Victory etc. are all great IMO.

What like most about Batman stories, is that they tend to be intellectually stimulating. Anytime I read a Batman story, I'll try to deduce what is going to happen before Batman does.

Anyone here read Walking Dead?

Guest sirmethos

Just like with a lot of other things, I don't really have 1 specific favorite.

Some of the arcs that could be contenders for that title though:

Batman: In Darkest Knight

The Long Halloween

Battle for the Cowl

Joker: Last Laugh

Knightfall

Long Shadows

No Man's Land

and Emperor Joker

Guest bigballerju

These are my favorite Batman comic series which I love.

Batman: No Man's Land

Batman: The Killing Joke

Batman: Red Hood

Batman: Hush

Battle for the Cowl

Batman Beyond

All Star Batman and Robin

Guest force_echo

Astro City, because it focuses on the aspect of a Superhero's life apart from the fighting, from multiple perspectives. Because its one of the only arcs that let you completely immersify yourself in the role of a superhero living in a city where everyone is superpowered.

Preacher, because Jesus' divine power is focused in a retarted kid. And the whole thing about the character dynamic of companionship or whatever.

Oh my God, too many to list.

Guest LoneWolf

Warhammer 40k Daemonifuge TPB. Just amazing all around, story, ART, tone, just too good. One of my all around favorite books.

I have like 9 boxes of comics in front of me, sealed up for my next move. I can't go through them but that book immediately jumped to mind.

Guest bigballerju

Reign of the Supermen- I was a young kid in the 1990s and this was one of the first Superman stories I picked up. I remember the exact issue I picked up was the classic Superman Back from the Dead? where Steel, Superboy, and the eradicator as Superman with his glasses first debuted. As a kid I was immersed in who was the real Superman and all of that. On top of it in the start of the comic it had a awesome story of Superman and Jonathan Kent fighting for there lives in heaven or something like that.

Spiderman: Clone Saga- I don't care what anybody says. As a kid I loved this story because I loved the whole which one is the real Spiderman and Scarlett Spider on top of it was awesome.

Wildcats & Youngblood- I real alot of Image comics and other independent companies which were hot in the 1990s. I love the stories, characters, and more.

Y The Last Man: Awesome idea for a story which was executed perfectly and had great writing. Yorick going through all of that to find his sister and girlfriend was great. You add in his pet monkey he cared for and his Agent who gave her life to protect him. You had a hell of a story. Plus who wouldn't want to be the only guy on the planet? <_<

Wanted: Loved this comic because I always wonder what would happen if Supervillians took over the planet. I got my answer and it was good because you even had a badass villian who looked like Eminem who I loved.

Like Force Echo said too many to list man.

Guest MarvelFan15
Astro City, because it focuses on the aspect of a Superhero's life apart from the fighting, from multiple perspectives. Because its one of the only arcs that let you completely immersify yourself in the role of a superhero living in a city where everyone is superpowered.

Sounds sorta like Top 10, by Alan Moore.

Speaking of Moore, I've been reading a lot of his stuff as of late. Read Watchmen not too long ago, and I thought it a very profound piece of work. I'm currently waiting for his From Hell via inter-library loan due to the fact I've become interested in Jack The Ripper again.

Always liked Planet Hulk.

The Mask comic books by John Arcudi and Doug Mahnke from Dark Horse are great, also. I got the special collectors edition for the first two series, which is limited to 1000 copies in print and is signed by the creators. Overall, I've deeply enjoyed the publication.

EDIT: And a Batman arc I really enjoyed was Hush. didn't get to read all of it, though.

Agreed, Batman: Hush Unwrapped is freakin awesome.

V for Vendetta, The Watchmen, and Wanted are excellent.

I'll be trying The Sandman, Transmetropolitan, and Fables.

Guest tomisntblue

Has anyone read Supergod by Warren Ellis? It's a five issue series about man trying to create their own physical gods to worship. Each country, well many countries at least, creates their own version of a god and... well, bad things happen.

Agreed, Batman: Hush Unwrapped is freakin awesome.

I looked at that on Amazon. It'd be like reading a Manga version of Batman, which would be awesome. But it's also a lot more expensive than the colored paperback so... probably go with that if I did get it. I still have to get Arkham Asylum and City, and then get ready for the New 52 TPBs in May though ( of which, my list won't stop growing :'( ), so we'll see.

I looked at that on Amazon. It'd be like reading a Manga version of Batman, which would be awesome. But it's also a lot more expensive than the colored paperback so... probably go with that if I did get it. I still have to get Arkham Asylum and City, and then get ready for the New 52 TPBs in May though ( of which, my list won't stop growing :'( ), so we'll see.

You won't regret it.

The Art is awesome, the story is brilliant and it brings in the vast majority of the characters we'd typically see in a Batman story in a way that it just... works.

GET IT!

You won't regret it.

The Art is awesome, the story is brilliant and it brings in the vast majority of the characters we'd typically see in a Batman story in a way that it just... works.

GET IT!

Heh. Well, May is still a ways off, so I might try to get it sometime in between now and then.

Alan Moore's pretty much responsible for getting me back into comics during my teenage years.

But yeah, I tend to be a fan of somewhat lesser known titles when it comes to comics. Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, The Demon, Preacher, Transmetropolitan (thanks Bison!), Mirage's TMNT, Hack Slash and Jeff Smith's Bone are all among my favorite titles.

Eventually I need to get around to reading Sandman.

Alan Moore's pretty much responsible for getting me back into comics during my teenage years.

But yeah, I tend to be a fan of somewhat lesser known titles when it comes to comics. Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, The Demon, Preacher, Transmetropolitan (thanks Bison!), Mirage's TMNT, Hack Slash and Jeff Smith's Bone are all among my favorite titles.

Eventually I need to get around to reading Sandman.

None of those are lesser known titles. HOWEVER you are very welcome.