Azog: 3

Rumble 20553 Henry Evans vs. Koba
MATCH SCORE
Henry Evans: 0
Koba: 5

Why do DBZ themed threads never die?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest bigballerju

There are so many Mangas that its hard to find the good ones. If someone told me they wanted to get into DBZ I would point them to the original Dragonball Manga as even people who hate DBZ love the original Dragonball. If people want to watch good anime I say Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed the movies like I mentioned which were awesome.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's threads like this that keep me from talking about anime on these boards.

It's like trying to talk about comics with someone that's only watched Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Guest Soberguy
It's threads like this that keep me from talking about anime on these boards.

It's like trying to talk about comics with someone that's only watched Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

supiv3.jpg

OVER 9000!!!!!!

Guest Darksaiyajin345
Unlike Hayes, I own quite a few series. I highly doubt I'll ever grow to loathe DBZ like some of you do.

Same here

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Really? How can someone hate a certain people for a stupid reason as being a DBZ fan? That is the most close minded way of thinkig that borderlines ignorant. I love DBZ and I loved how it was not your typical japanese anime nor was it your typical super hero show. You can't bash people for that. If you don't like it them respectively stop poking your heads into a DBZ theme thread. By you hatig on he show it doesnt make you right nor does it give you any merit.

Seeing people train to be powerful is better than people that don't have to do anything for it. Xmen and etc are awesome shows and by no means less in quality but DBZ was an innocent show meant to be comedy action bit turned serious which is when it started getting good.

Really? How can someone hate a certain people for a stupid reason as being a DBZ fan? That is the most close minded way of thinkig that borderlines ignorant. I love DBZ and I loved how it was not your typical japanese anime nor was it your typical super hero show. You can't bash people for that. If you don't like it them respectively stop poking your heads into a DBZ theme thread. By you hatig on he show it doesnt make you right nor does it give you any merit.

Seeing people train to be powerful is better than people that don't have to do anything for it. Xmen and etc are awesome shows and by no means less in quality but DBZ was an innocent show meant to be comedy action bit turned serious which is when it started getting good.

Nobody is saying they hate DBZ fans.

DBZ on the other hand...

Guest Nilan

This is one of the most powerful arguments I have ever read in favor of hating DBZ fans.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
I'm just asking this out of curiosity, really. Nothing meant by it..

To the Dragonball Z fans that have watched other anime, how many of those anime are not shonen?

Like 3 or 4.

I'm just asking this out of curiosity, really. Nothing meant by it.

To the Dragonball Z fans that have watched other anime, how many of those anime are not shonen?

Not sure. Probably quite a few though.

Edit: In fact, I probably own more non-Shonen titles than Shonen ones on DVD.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
This is one of the most powerful arguments I have ever read in favor of hating DBZ fans.

Besides my typos I think I made a good point, but if you are being sarcastic, i will just say that its true. I will never hate on someone for liking a show, no matter how lame I think it is.

Xmen Evolution was horrible, and I would think the fans of that show to be little kids, or real soft teenagers, but you won't evenr see me calling people stupid.

and yes DBZ was a great show

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Nobody is saying they hate DBZ fans.

DBZ on the other hand...

You said the people that like it are a piece of shit, unless you enjoy feces that comes off as you hate who like it.

Everyone blew this out the water. All I asked was do the fans on this site have a bad rep. Instead everyone talked about past experiences with the fans. You also said thus is better then that, yadda yadda. My point was other then Dark Pronce I haven't seen one fan this site like the ones most you bashed.

So it's funny that the thread is titled "DBZ fans don't get it". When it was the ones bashing it that didn't seem to get the point of thread.

I guess all I have to say is Dante's Turkey Dinner....

Guest Soberguy

You asked if DBZ fans had a bad rep here and we droned on and on about the dumb things they've done and continue to do which fuel that bad rep. Not sure I understand how we missed the point.

If you need it spelled out specifically: DBZ fans make poor arguments - mostly based on feats they barely comprehend - which annoys everyone else. They also are rabid fans of a show many of us find horrible. THEREFORE, DBZ fans do indeed have a bad rep here.

As for the thread drifitng into arguing generally about aspects of DBZ, this is further evidence of why DBZ fans have a bad rep.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
You asked if DBZ fans had a bad rep here and we droned on and on about the dumb things they've done and continue to do which fuel that bad rep. Not sure I understand how we missed the point.

If you need it spelled out specifically: DBZ fans make poor arguments - mostly based on feats they barely comprehend - which annoys everyone else. They also are rabid fans of a show many of us find horrible. THEREFORE, DBZ fans do indeed have a bad rep here.

As for the thread drifitng into arguing generally about aspects of DBZ, this is further evidence of why DBZ fans have a bad rep.

So my other question was do the ones on this site deserve that rep. No one really answered that.

Guest Soberguy
So my other question was do the ones on this site deserve that rep. No one really answered that.

Probably not ALL of them, but it's just a lot easier to lump them all together to mock en masse.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Since when don't we get it? what are we supposed to get? that the admins and all their lackeys hate DBZ and now we all have to as well? or that we don't get that DBZ is years old and we should move on? Tell that to the fans of Marvel and DC, that still talk about Silver Age I don't like to kiss anyones arse, so if Electric Ferret doesn't want DBZ talks, then either remove all DBZ characters or just sit there and take it.

Marvel and DC are played out, how many Darkseid vs Superman or Sentry vs so on have we seen? Talk about reviving people DBZ at least has a cop out( wishes ) Marvel and DC have lame excuses, like Batman being time dumped or Captain A being sent soemwhere, or Carnage being able to survive, etc.

Can we drop this, trying to convince others of your own preferences or to sway others the way I have seen people here try, is just childish.

In all honesty the fans of DBZ that I SEE HERE, are way nicer and mellow than everyone else. It's like there is a group of people that take comics too serious, which is sad if those people are 20+ years old. Sorry to bash, but as a fan of all genres, I think we could get along w/o hate. From now on, don't comment on things you don't like. it will help trust!

Guest Soberguy

I've never tried to convince anyone that their love for DBZ or anime is general is wrong or stupid.

I HAVE SIMPLY ASSERTED THAT IT IS IN FACT THE CASE.

No convincing needed!

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
I've never tried to convince anyone that their love for DBZ or anime is general is wrong or stupid.

I HAVE SIMPLY ASSERTED THAT IT IS IN FACT THE CASE.

No convincing needed!

lmao, this is what I mean. I am assuming you hate anime? again your opinion not fact, It's like you saying your religion is right and mine is wrong. see what I mean, pointless conversations right?

Guest Soberguy
lmao, this is what I mean. I am assuming you hate anime? again your opinion not fact, It's like you saying your religion is right and mine is wrong. see what I mean, pointless conversations right?

Your religion IS wrong.

Guest Nilan

1. This thread is seven pages too long so far.

2. All DBZ fans are not retards, but almost all of them do act like they have a severe man-crush on Goku or Vegeta or any of those other characters with bad hairdos, which is annoying when you try to have a reasoned conversation with them.

3. Dr Pymp cannot spell. Give the spelling of "pymp", that shouldn't surprise anyone. I need an entire essay to point out what an idiot he has been in this thread, so I will send you all a link to my blog sometime later.

4. Hayes is right that the reasonable ones get a bad rep because of the morons. But this thread, which was created to improve the image of DBZ fans, has only solidified my distaste for them.

5. The anti-DBZ people did not derail this thread. The DBZ fanboys who started a random conversation on what is canon and what isn't (which nobody but them cares about anyway) did.