Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Superman vs Darkseid

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest force_echo
Heh, that would be fun

So Superman rarely fights FTL but your plan is that Superman hits him at FTL?

I feel like we've just switched sides in the debate. You guys say Seid never uses any powers excpet his physicals and thats why he loses to Superman. But when I do the same thing you guys turn around and say what i said in the first place? Ok, its either both use all the powers they have, or both use the pwoers they regularly show in comics when fighting eachother. You can;t pick and choose when something benefits your argument.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Falcon
*Insults everyone on this thread*

Besides that, Superman IS capable of beating Darkseid. Its called Sun Dipping. :P

but this is a fight between the two with no outside power ups. I agree Superman can beat Darkseid physically if he sun dips but he would never get the chance.

Bigballerju and echo cant seem to comprehend how comic books work and that the heroes always win in the comics because thats the way its suppose to be. Here on CBUB the characters arent limited by the comic mechanics that prevent them from accessing all their powers. Superman can move FTL but Darkseid has instantaneous reflexes that allows him to counter it.

Can someone give me and example of where Superman actually beat Darkseid WITHOUT any outside interference? Has he ever actually beaten him in a one on on battle. Even when he sundipped in Superman/Batman: Supergirl he could kill him and had to trap him in the Source Wall. It wont work again because Darkseid wont allow it being a tacticle genius.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
I feel like we've just switched sides in the debate. You guys say Seid never uses any powers excpet his physicals and thats why he loses to Superman. But when I do the same thing you guys turn around and say what i said in the first place? Ok, its either both use all the powers they have, or both use the pwoers they regularly show in comics when fighting eachother. You can;t pick and choose when something benefits your argument.

When I made this i had the intention of it being a brawl, so yes they can use any power, I never said they could not. I for one understand comic mechanics, but that doesn't mean the characters should be OOC. So when someone says "Superman sun dips and then wins" I would reply when has Superman straight up done that? That is not his character someone like Darkseid who is ruthless can and will do anything to win.

So you said he almost never fights at FTL. We have seen Darkseid teleport Superman, hit him with OBs, and use omega energy as a shield. So when Superman flys at Darkseid in a blur (not at FTL since you said he rarely does) Darkseid will swat him away(he have seen this several times), he then blasts him with the OB which puts him to his knees(which we have seen). Superman then realizes he is mad to try and fight Darkseid (which Superman has said before) he then realizes he needs to sun dip, he flees, but DS teleports him into a red sun, the end. Don't get ME (not everyone is me) wrong I take into account what has happened in the canon timeline, so Panther putting Surfer in a head lock has happened, but will it happen outside a comic? No it will not. If the power level wasn't so vast, like if Panther put Spidey in a lock, that I would not have a problem with.

Guest Falcon
I repeat what I've said two times now, because you obviously don;'t have the mental capability to understand. Supes is so far vastly faster than Seid is, he can end the fight before Seid even knows that there IS a fight. Seid dosen't have instant reflexes, look at the wiki, he has nanosecond reflexes. Fast for sure, but not against soemone who can casually move FTL. Falcon, unless you have evidence to prove your claim to instant reflexes, its a bunch of bullshit.

He fights and reacts to Superman in every encounter and deflects and lands blows

Also Falcon, you're retarded. First off, stop using Sirmethos to structure your argument, second off, there's a difference between PIS and Comic MEchanics. PIS are one shot freak occurances, Comic MEchanics is 90% of the battles in the entire freaking comicverse. Entire characters like Cap are made of comic mechanics. Go to any other comic site like CBUB: Project Fanboy, Comicvine, anything, and ask them if they know about comic mechanics. Its nonexistant. Why don't you actually read some comics once in a while. The hero wins because he is smarter, the hero wins because he is more resourceful, the hero wins because he has more willpower. It happens in the comics, this is the COMIC BOOK universe battles, so make peace with it, its just how it is.

Im not basing my facts off of sirmethos. I showed you sirmethos' dumbed down version so maybe you would understand.... evidently not, figures

EDIT: I suggest you listen to Bigballer about how CBUB is supposed to be, he's been here longer than you and Methos combined.

and thats why the admins labeled him clueless under his avatar. Guess your next.

but this is a fight between the two with no outside power ups. I agree Superman can beat Darkseid physically if he sun dips but he would never get the chance.

Bigballerju and echo cant seem to comprehend how comic books work and that the heroes always win in the comics because thats the way its suppose to be. Here on CBUB the characters arent limited by the comic mechanics that prevent them from accessing all their powers. Superman can move FTL but Darkseid has instantaneous reflexes that allows him to counter it.

Yes, but I just wanted to get that across that Superman would need a power up to beat him. More often than not that is. :/ But of course, at full power with no External Aid, yes, Darkseid would take the fight.

o.o Ya preaching to the choir, no offense.

Guest Falcon
Yes, but I just wanted to get that across that Superman would need a power up to beat him. More often than not that is. :/ But of course, at full power with no External Aid, yes, Darkseid would take the fight.

o.o Ya preaching to the choir, no offense.

none taken. most of my reponse was directed to the other two.

Guest Imperius Rex

In a straight up fight Darkseid would win. Like the others said. Without being in a comic Darkseid isnt hampered by being a villian.

Guest bigballerju

Once again you continue with the heroes always win in the comics........

If that were true Luthor wouldn't have destroyed New Krypton, Joker wouldn't have crippled Batgirl or killed Jason Todd, Doomsday would not have killed Superman, Prime would not have killed so many heroes as well as Green Lanterns, and so much more. So that heroes always wins is bullshit. This isn't before the 1980s in comics where it may have been like that. Falcon I showed you scans of Superman beating Darkseid one on one many times and two please don't try to say Superman has not beaten Darkseid without interference

because that is a load of crap. On CBUB if a offical fight was done Superman would still beat Darkseid just like the comics.

You are the ones who fail to realize on CBUB we use the comic characters just like they are in the comics. We use there history and everything about them completely.

Why do you think CBUB has a database? Why do you think all the characters have profiles?

So people can research that character who is in a match or to know about them

for other purposes.

Guest Falcon
Once again you continue with the heroes always win in the comics........

If that were true Luthor wouldn't have destroyed New Krypton, Joker wouldn't have crippled Batgirl or killed Jason Todd, Doomsday would not have killed Superman, Prime would not have killed so many heroes as well as Green Lanterns, and so much more. So that heroes always wins is bullshit. This isn't before the 1980s in comics where it may have been like that. Falcon I showed you scans of Superman beating Darkseid one on one many times and two please don't try to say Superman has not beaten Darkseid without interference

because that is a load of crap. On CBUB if a offical fight was done Superman would still beat Darkseid just like the comics.

You are the ones who fail to realize on CBUB we use the comic characters just like they are in the comics. We use there history and everything about them completely.

Why do you think CBUB has a database? Why do you think all the characters have profiles?

for other purposes.

Like I told you earlier. If Thanos or Galactus was a villian in the comics vs Batman, Batman would eventually win everytime due to him being the hero. On this site you have to take into account ALL the characters abilities and powers. Here Darkseid wins in all but speed. Supes cant defeat Darkseid fast enough even moving at FTL to kill or KO him. He would be able to react and beat Supes back. DARKSEID WINS.

Two of the most knowledgeable people on this site regarding Marvel and DC agree. (Darkseid) Two of the least knowledgeable disagree. (Superman) I wonder who would actually win?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

for other purposes. [/b]

You realize that Todd has came back nullifying what Joker did, Superman came back, and the GLs that were killed, were not big names like Hal, Kilowag or Rayner.

And why bring up character profiles? Half the votes are popularity votes.

Guest bigballerju

Are you actually using the line under my SIG to say I am actually

clueless and don't know anything?

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Are you actually using the line under my SIG to say I am actually

clueless and don't know anything?

Nope

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Oh I was talking to Falcon cause he mentioned it.

Your good Hayes.

Oh ok, but everyone needs to chill out, and stop getting so riled up, it makes the debate not fun.

Guest bigballerju

Agreed. Don't worry this debate will end because someone made a new thread........

Goku vs Darkseid :ph34r:

Guest force_echo

Congrats Falcon, you are now the most retarded being I have ever had the mispleasure to debate with on my time here at this site. Darkseid was able to swat Supes back because he wasn't going FTL, as I've already pointed out, he rarely goes FTL in battle, as you and Methos would say, there's no fun in showing a battle thats over in one panel. You have NO proof of instant reflexes, all info shows he has NANOSECOND reflexes at best. Go home Falcon, this is big boy talking, where we actually prove our points.

Guest force_echo
When I made this i had the intention of it being a brawl, so yes they can use any power, I never said they could not. I for one understand comic mechanics, but that doesn't mean the characters should be OOC. So when someone says "Superman sun dips and then wins" I would reply when has Superman straight up done that? That is not his character someone like Darkseid who is ruthless can and will do anything to win.

So you said he almost never fights at FTL. We have seen Darkseid teleport Superman, hit him with OBs, and use omega energy as a shield. So when Superman flys at Darkseid in a blur (not at FTL since you said he rarely does) Darkseid will swat him away(he have seen this several times), he then blasts him with the OB which puts him to his knees(which we have seen). Superman then realizes he is mad to try and fight Darkseid (which Superman has said before) he then realizes he needs to sun dip, he flees, but DS teleports him into a red sun, the end. Don't get ME (not everyone is me) wrong I take into account what has happened in the canon timeline, so Panther putting Surfer in a head lock has happened, but will it happen outside a comic? No it will not. If the power level wasn't so vast, like if Panther put Spidey in a lock, that I would not have a problem with.

Then why dosen't Seid use that the multiple times Supes has beaten him? Seid uses them on select occasions, and Seid has never teleported Supes into a Red Sun. Superman HAS fought and flew FTL BEFORE, just like Seid has used the OE before, and your other points. Which means Supes could very well do it to Seid if he wished to, using YOUR logic.

Guest Falcon
Congrats Falcon, you are now the most retarded being I have ever had the mispleasure to debate with on my time here at this site. Darkseid was able to swat Supes back because he wasn't going FTL, as I've already pointed out, he rarely goes FTL in battle, as you and Methos would say, there's no fun in showing a battle thats over in one panel. You have NO proof of instant reflexes, all info shows he has NANOSECOND reflexes at best. Go home Falcon, this is big boy talking, where we actually prove our points.

Im just going to point out that since you have provided no valid points in this and the Deathstroke discussion your opinion has been disregarded. When you can back your claims up with proof on how either could possibly win then I'll take you seriously. Since you cant, Good day.

1) comic mechanics use to be accepted as common knowledge. Lately people seem to think of it as a way to justify there character for winning. If Thanos was Batman's nemesis, in the comic books he would eventually win by finding some miraculous way too. Thats what comic mechanics do for you. Its the hero clause; no matter what happens the hero wins in the end.

2)AGAIN.... name a way Supes can ACTUALLY defeat Darkseid since Seid is superior in all other ways.

No one on Supes side has addressed the above points with anything reasonable or logical. Until they are proven I consider it a win for Darkseid.

Thank you for playing

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Then why dosen't Seid use that the multiple times Supes has beaten him?

Seid uses them on select occasions, and Seid has never teleported Supes into a Red Sun. Superman HAS fought and flew FTL BEFORE, just like Seid has used the OE before, and your other points. Which means Supes could very well do it to Seid if he wished to, using YOUR logic.

Dude....the bad guy can't win in the comif, and if he does it is not long term.

Yes, Darkseid hasn't teleported him into a red sun, but doesn't mean he can't. He has teleported Superman to Earth on couple of occasions, he even sent Batman to caveman time. So Superman can go ahead and fly at FTL but are the OBs not light speed? I have never seen them miss Superman, most of the time he uses some sort of creature as a shield.

Guest bigballerju
Dude....the bad guy can't win in the comif, and if he does it is not long term.

Yes, Darkseid hasn't teleported him into a red sun, but doesn't mean he can't. He has teleported Superman to Earth on couple of occasions, he even sent Batman to caveman time. So Superman can go ahead and fly at FTL but are the OBs not light speed? I have never seen them miss Superman, most of the time he uses some sort of creature as a shield.

I see what your saying now and your getting confused. You talking about the Omega Sanction not Omega Beams The Omega Beams can't teleport and Superman has countered it with his heat vision as well as dodged it by moving at FTL speeds.

LOL Hayes Buddy the Omega Sanction. is the one you have been refering too and mixing it up with the Omega Beams. Yes Those Superman can't dodge because they follow you and are very fast.

Thats what he used on Batman in Final Crisis.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
I see what your saying now and your getting confused. You talking about the Omega Sanction not Omega Beams The Omega Beams can't teleport and Superman has countered it with his heat vision as well as dodged it by moving at FTL speeds.

LOL Hayes Buddy the Omega Sanction. is the one you have been refering too and mixing it up with the Omega Beams. Yes Those Superman can't dodge because they follow you and are very fast.

Thats what he used on Batman in Final Crisis.

No I know the difference, to my knowledge the OBs are un dodgeable too, unless you make it hit someone else. I thought all of his various eye related beams moved at the same speed. Looking back on my wording I see why I seemed confused.

Guest Falcon

If you can tell me how Superman counters...

Omega Effect: Darkseid wields a cosmic energy field called "Omega Effect", which proves integral, as it is the core from which his other abilities manifest from. This effect allows him to transverse through time and space, also enabling him to break interpretable barriers and force-fields.

Omega Beams: He focuses this power as a form of energy that he fires from his eyes. This effect is not only a relentless attack, but it is capable of teleporting the target to any location Darkseid chooses and recall them later or erase the target from the universe and similarly reform them. Darkseid has pinpoint control over his Omega Beams, and his unerring aim allows it to travel in straight lines or bend, twist or curve around corners. It has been shown that the Omega Beams are ineffective against the bracelets of Wonder Woman, as they were created from the Olympian Aegis. He has claimed that no being had yet withstood the full force of the Omega Beam, but Doomsday and Superman nonetheless survived the attack.

Telepathy: Darkseid can easily read minds of others anywhere in entire Universe. In this ability, he can also attack or invade someone's mind with images.

Mind Control: Darkseid can control the actions, thoughts and speech of humans just by thinking. In the scope of this ability, he can apparently, control and take over 100 individuals at once, indicating the capacity potential his brain can achieve.

Telekinesis: Darkseid can mentally influence the movement of objects and people with his mind; he often makes things float with simple gestures of his hand.

Matter Manipulation: Darkseid can transmute and manipulate matter, and in extension atoms, at will; he can destroy humans with a mere thought, and as such, he can even create his own creature complexions by design out of nothing, as he did when he created the being known as Strayne. Also, Darkseid can cause organisms to degrade and de-evolve.

Molecular Dispersion: He is also able to dissipate and disperse the molecules of an object or organism, effectively erasing them from existence.

Avatar Creation: A simple thought allows Darkseid to create liable avatars if/when the need arises.

Psionic Possession: psychic abilities to possess an individual and negate any superhuman abilities they may have.

Energy Manipulation: can also mentally control most known forms of energy, allowing him to erect protective force fields and project withering energy bolts.

Teleportation: Darkseid can teleport himself and other beings anywhere in the entire Universe even through other dimensions at a mere thought.

Time Travel: Darkseid can move and transverse through time at ease.

If you can tell me how he counters the above I change sides... problem is he cant!

Guest Falcon

Darkseid%20comics.jpg

This is an avatar of Darkseid that is less powerful after fighting H/P Doomsday. Superman claims he never thought it possible for Darkseid to be hurt.