X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Superman vs Darkseid

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest force_echo
For the most part, the matches here on CBUB are 'death matches', or at least matches of no holding back.

In the matches here, unlike in the comics, the characters have full access to all of their powers, instead of being held back because going all out would ruin the storyline of the comic.

If the low-end 'feats' from the comics are to be included, then we are back to Silver Surfer being defeated by Black Panther, Firelord being defeated by Spider-Man, Thanos being defeated by Squirrel girl, Iron Man getting defeated by Spider-Man, Thanos getting defeted by Spider-Man and Black Cat, etc. etc. etc.

As I've explained several times, Comics Mechanics plays a large part in most fights that takes place in the comics, the Hero always wins in the end, regardless of whether the villain is superior or not, the Villain always loses in the end, Powerful characters are generally nerfed for the sake of the story, etc. etc. etc. etc.

In CBUB, we fight characters as how they would fight in the comics, unless the match creator specifically says otherwise. Thats why, in battles, we take the character's personality in account, whether he is as willing or as ruthless, or other existing conditions within comics (Look at Sentry or Cpt. Atom).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirmethos
In CBUB, we fight characters as how they would fight in the comics, unless the match creator specifically says otherwise. Thats why, in battles, we take the character's personality in account, whether he is as willing or as ruthless, or other existing conditions within comics (Look at Sentry or Cpt. Atom).

Aye, the difference is that in CBUB, Comics Mechanics don't play a part in the fights, people don't hold back and use only a fraction of their powers, just for the sake of the story.

There are plenty of characters that have legitimate reasons for holding back most of the time, and that is taken into consideration, but if we make a match here, putting a hero and a villain against each other, and the villain is superior. then the villain is going to win.

A quick example would be a match with Spider-Man vs. Venom, with no time for preperation, the two are just dumped randomly into an arena and fight.

In the comics, Spider-Man would find some way to miraculously defeat Venom. But on CBUB, Spider-Man becomes Venom's next meal.

Or the original X-men, put against Magneto in that same arena. in the Comics, the original X-men would definitely win, after all, they are the heroes. But on CBUB, we are well aware that Magneto is superior and would rip the heroes apart.

Likewise with Superman vs. Superboy-Prime.

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The same is the case, with Superman vs. Darkseid.

Guest bigballerju

On CBUB the comics are canon and what we use. Stop using comic mechanics to say thats why heroes win all the time because thats not true in comics by any means. On CBUB the characters are just as they are in the comics. We are given free reign so we can make our own stories in the setups. So your gone tell me most of the heroes without comic mechanics would lose to villians or someone else who is more powerful because comic mechanics is what only allows them to win? Its not there skills, abilities, intellect or anything else like that? On CBUB Spiderman would lose to Venom? Are you sure? You really don't think Spiderman would beat Venom because he would outsmart Venom in a fight?

CBUB Back Issues:

Batman beat Boba Fett, Lobo beat Venom, Wonder Woman beat Thor, Xena beat Wonder Woman, Nightwing beat Daredevil, Spiderman beat Wolverine, Superman vs Goku was a draw, and more.

So Methos I would have to disagree. Only if the person is way more powerful do they win. Even then here on CBUB in the back issues its not a stomp but still a long fight for good reasons.

Guest sirmethos
On CBUB the comics are canon and what we use. Stop using comic mechanics to say thats why heroes win all the time because thats not true in comics by any means. On CBUB the characters are just as they are in the comics. We are given free reign so we can make our own stories in the setups. So your gone tell me most of the heroes without comic mechanics would lose to villians or someone else who is more powerful because comic mechanics is what only allows them to win? Its not there skills, abilities, intellect or anything else like that? On CBUB Spiderman would lose to Venom? Are you sure? You really don't think Spiderman would beat Venom because he would outsmart Venom in a fight?

CBUB Back Issues:

Batman beat Boba Fett, Lobo beat Venom, Wonder Woman beat Thor, Xena beat Wonder Woman, Nightwing beat Daredevil, Spiderman beat Wolverine, Superman vs Goku was a draw, and more.

So Methos I would have to disagree. Only if the person is way more powerful do they win. Even then here on CBUB in the back issues its not a stomp but still a long fight for good reasons.

There are scenario's where Spider-Man would beat Venom, yes. But if you looked at the examples I gave: Spider-Man and Venom, dumped into an arena with no preparation.

Skills and Experience are a part of the character's capabilities, just like their powers, which is also, on many occasions, nerfed for the sake of the story in a lot of comics. Comics Mechanics.

And are you actually using the Back-Issues as example of who beats who? Have you actually looked at the reasons that people give for their chosen character to win?

In one match, a person voted for his 'chosen' character, because that character had less annoying fanboys than the other character.

In Thor vs. Superman(I think it was), one person voted for superman because, (and i quote) "Superman always wins."

etc. etc.

Let me give you another example: Superman vs. Conduit. again, dumped into an arena with no preperation and set to fight.

In the comics, Superman would(just like Spidey against Venom) somehow pull off a miraculous win. On CBUB, we are well aware that the Kryptonian boyscout would end up dead.

Again, on CBUB, Comics Mechanics are not a part of the fights. Yes, we use feats from the comics, as well as the capabilities of the characters. But when looking at the Feats of the comics, we need to keep in mind that they are skewed.

Everyone on CBUB, is well aware that they is no way in hell, that Squirrel Girl could ever defeat Thanos on her own. So that particular fight is, for good reason, discarded.

The same goes for other feats. They may not be as Obviously skewed, but they are skewed nonetheless.

Sentry is a character, who is physically powerful enough to go up against pretty much anyone, he is fast enough that even Thor can't keep up when he's going at full speed, he is telepathically powerful enough to delete any memories of himself, from Every single mind on earth. He is a Matter manipulator powerful enough to go up against Molecule Man.

But in the comics, he goes down and utilizes nothing but his Strength and Durability to duke it out with World War Hulk, when he could easily rescue all of the illuminati in less than a second, put the Warbound out of commision, and fly Hulk to the moon where he could be safely dealt with.

Comics Mechanics.

Dr. Strange chooses to let himself be possessed by a Demon, so he can physically go up against World War Hulk, instead of temporarily banishing him to another planet, or a different plane of existence.

Comics Mechanics.

Guest bigballerju

The back issues are the offical fights in CBUB and they actually play the fights out. So don't try and discount the Back Issues. You said here on CBUB and those issues are the offical fights here that go way back. If your saying no comic mechanic then you got to go fully. No hero and no villian at all with none of those issues in the comics. Superman not being held down being a hero would have no reason to go full power and kill Darkseid. Superman has no reason to fly into the sun and make himself more powerful. Superman has no reason to just unleash his full power at all on Darkseid. Darkseid got his due many times in the comics which shouldn't have happened if the good guys always win.

If comic mechanics were truly what you say it always is in the comics then

these would not have happened:

Superman if the good guys always win would not have died against Doomsday. Joker would not have crippled Batgirl or killed Jason Todd as Robin, Green Goblin would not have killed Gwen Stacy or always come close to killing Spiderman, Wonder Woman would not have killed Maxwell Lord, Daredevil would not have done what he did in Shadowland, heroes wouldn't die, and more. Events like Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, 52, Our Worlds at War, Civil War, Siege, Dark Reign, House of M, and more would not happen if comic mechanics were the way you say.

Without comic mechanics you dump Spiderman and Venom in a arena

you know whats gone happen?

On CBUB if they did a official match between Superman and Darkseid. Superman would still win.

The same goes for Spiderman vs Venom as Spiderman would still win.

Your view on comic mechanics is flawed in my opinion.

Guest sirmethos
The back issues are the offical fights in CBUB and they actually play the fights out. So don't try and discount the Back Issues. You said here on CBUB and those issues are the offical fights here that go way back. If your saying no comic mechanic then you got to go fully. No hero and no villian at all with none of those issues in the comics. Superman not being held down being a hero would have no reason to go full power and kill Darkseid. Superman has no reason to fly into the sun and make himself more powerful. Superman has no reason to just unleash his full power at all on Darkseid. Darkseid got his due many times in the comics which shouldn't have happened if the good guys always win.

Without comic mechanics you dump Spiderman and Venom in a arena

you know whats gone happen?

On CBUB if they did a official match between Superman and Darkseid. Superman would still win.

The same goes for Spiderman vs Venom as Spiderman would still win.

The results of the Back-Issues are based on votes. those votes come from people who gives reasons like "Superman always wins!" "This guy has less annoying fanboys than the other guy." or, one of my personal favorites(in a team battle, giving a reason for his chosen team to win) "They have hot girls!".

"If your saying no comic mechanic then you got to go fully. No hero and no villian at all with none of those issues in the comics."

That's what I've been saying the entire time, at least we agree on Something.

However, Superman going at full power, would still not be able to kill Darkseid.

1. it takes Radion to kill him.

2. Darkseid doesn't need a physical body, so even if Superman Could somehow manage to destroy his body, it would just remove his chance of pulling of a miracle win.

Again, the only advantage Superman has against Darkseid, is his Speed.

I find it highly amusing, that you(and others) keep saying that even without Comics Mechanics, Superman would defeat Darkseid, and yet you can't give any reasonable way in which he could actually manage it. What's he gonna do, fly around him and hope he get's dizzy?

As for Spider-Man vs. Venom, put down in an arena with no preperation. Venom is faster, stronger, more durable, more versatile, more agile, and Spidey's Spider-Sense doesn't work on him. How, exactly, is Spider-Man going to win?

In the comics he always comes prepared when he eventually wins, he has a machine that creates ultra-sonics, he has talked to a friend of Curt Conners getting advice. He gets help from the FF, he runs off and finds Church Bells that can create sounds to damage the Symbiote.

But in a simple arena fight, he doesn't have those options. He fights and he dies.

finally:

If comic mechanics were truly what you say it always is in the comics then

these would not have happened:

Superman if the good guys always win would not have died against Doomsday. Joker would not have crippled Batgirl or killed Jason Todd as Robin, Green Goblin would not have killed Gwen Stacy or always come close to killing Spiderman, Wonder Woman would not have killed Maxwell Lord, Daredevil would not have done what he did in Shadowland, heroes wouldn't die, and more. Events like Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, 52, Our Worlds at War, Civil War, Siege, Dark Reign, House of M, and more would not happen if comic mechanics were the way you say.

Your view on comic mechanics is flawed in my opinion.

You just managed to show, that you have not understood Any of the explanation about Comics Mechanics.

I would try to explain it in more simple terms, but I'm not sure I can.

Guest Falcon

See the difference in this fight and a comic book fight is there is no PIS, CIS, or comic mechanics.

Darkseid has tons of powers to EASILY defeat Supes but he doesnt use them. Superman will ALWAYS beat Darkseid in the end in a comic book because Seid is a villian. Seid can temp. win but ultimately will lose to one hero or another.

AGAIN for the third time I ask, how can Superman beat him? In what way can he win?

I would just like one person to answer this and prove methos or myself wrong.

Guest force_echo

The difference is, in CBUB, if a character dosen't use that power on a regular basis, we don't automatically assume he just starts randomly reusing that power during a fight. If Seid dosen't use devolution in fights with Superman in comics, it will be no different on CBUB, for whatever reason. It may be that this power takes time or concentration to use, which he simply cannnot afford when fighting Superman, either way, what's in the comics goes. Period. And no, in cBUB, the fight goes until someone is "defeated" not dead. There's a pretty big difference. Plus, Seid can't use his astral form while he's unconscious. Like I said, using Speed Blitz, Superman would easily be able to defeat Darkseid, even without your so called "Comic Mechanics".

Guest bigballerju
The difference is, in CBUB, if a character dosen't use that power on a regular basis, we don't automatically assume he just starts randomly reusing that power during a fight. If Seid dosen't use devolution in fights with Superman in comics, it will be no different on CBUB, for whatever reason. It may be that this power takes time or concentration to use, which he simply cannnot afford when fighting Superman, either way, what's in the comics goes. Period. And no, in cBUB, the fight goes until someone is "defeated" not dead. There's a pretty big difference. Plus, Seid can't use his astral form while he's unconscious. Like I said, using Speed Blitz, Superman would easily be able to defeat Darkseid, even without your so called "Comic Mechanics".

Agreed Force Echo.

Darkseid is not FTL Hayes and your scans did not show that either.

By the way to say Superman is not as powerful as Darkseid strength wise is BS Methos.

Guest Falcon
Agreed Force Echo.

Darkseid is not FTL Hayes and your scans did not show that either.

By the way to say Superman is not as powerful as Darkseid strength wise is BS Methos.

Darkseid can react FTL to counter supes but no he cant run or fly that fast. Darkseid is immensily more power strength wise than Superman. He has proven it many times.

Also to echo, is that is the case than no villian will ever win against any hero on CBUB. This site is to compare who would win in an actual fight where comic mechanics wont inhibit a character from using all of his power, or make him forget he has a power. Key example is Sentry, all those powers and he fist fights EVERYONE instead of actually using them. Another is Doom, the power to time travel and conjure just as good as Strange among other great powers and he forgets he has those abilities most the time. Another is Spiderman when his Spider sense seems to fail and he gets hit by a foe much slower like Kraven or Rhino.

Darkseid wins EASILY in a fight with Superman. Their is just too many ways for Supes to die.

Guest bigballerju
Darkseid can react FTL to counter supes but no he cant run or fly that fast. Darkseid is immensily more power strength wise than Superman. He has proven it many times.

Also to echo, is that is the case than no villian will ever win against any hero on CBUB. This site is to compare who would win in an actual fight where comic mechanics wont inhibit a character from using all of his power, or make him forget he has a power. Key example is Sentry, all those powers and he fist fights EVERYONE instead of actually using them. Another is Doom, the power to time travel and conjure just as good as Strange among other great powers and he forgets he has those abilities most the time. Another is Spiderman when his Spider sense seems to fail and he gets hit by a foe much slower like Kraven or Rhino.

Darkseid wins EASILY in a fight with Superman. Their is just too many ways for Supes to die.

LOL ok you got me on the Spiderman and Sentry one.

This site is too see what characters would win against each and we use the comics as canon for those characters. It has never been said we don't use comic canon like Superman can beat Darkseid in the comics.

Funny I have never seen old members here from the old site or administrators say so and so can't beat this person because of comic mechanics.

I'm sure any of the old members and administrators would tell you that. Hell I was on the old site for a year or 2 before it got changed to what it is now.

I would like for Methos to bring up a thread or something where it has been said on CBUB officially by Serge or a administrator we don't use comic canon.

Whether you like it or not here on CBUB Superman can or has beaten the crap out of Darkseid.

Why? Its in the comics.

This whole comic mechanics is stupid and I don't know why all of a sudden people are using it on CBUB. It was never used in the past.

Guest Falcon
LOL ok you got me on the Spiderman and Sentry one.

This site is too see what characters would win against each and we use the comics as canon for those characters. It has never been said we don't use comic canon like Superman can beat Darkseid in the comics.

Funny I have never seen old members here from the old site or administrators say so and so can't beat this person because of comic mechanics.

I'm sure any of the old members and administrators would tell you that. Hell I was on the old site for a year or 2 before it got changed to what it is now.

I would like for Methos to bring up a thread or something where it has been said on CBUB officially by Serge or a administrator we don't use comic canon.

Whether you like it or not here on CBUB Superman can or has beaten the crap out of Darkseid.

Why? Its in the comics.

This whole comic mechanics is stupid and I don't know why all of a sudden people are using it on CBUB. It was never used in the past.

In that case Puck beats Gladiator, Black Panther beats Silver Surfer, Squirrel Girl beats Thanos, She Hulk beats Sentry, Spiderman beats Firelord, etc. On this site the comic mechanics dont prohibit characters from using there full power. This allows Darkseid to use all abilities given to him by DC. That easily makes him leagues above Superman.

I dont see how some of you dont understand this. Osborn, Doom, Lex Luthor, Thanos, Darkseid, Superboy Prime, so on and so on wil ALWAYS lose simply because they are the bad guys. Not because the heroes are stronger but simply because they are the heroes. The villians are ALWAYS more powerful in one way or another and thats what makes them a threat but when it comes down to the final fight, they forget that have certain powers or the heroes get some sort of "Ace in the Hole" that miraculously allows them to win. While this makes since in the actual comics it doesnt here. This site allows characters to be pitted against one another without the hole hero or villian clause inhibiting them from using there full potential. On CBUB the heroes dont have the luck that miraculously gives them the 1 in a million chance win. This match pits Darkseid with ALL his power and abilities vs Superman with his power and abilities. Now when you look at those two characters, there is no comparison. Superman loses in every category except for speed but when you add in Darkseid being able to teleport it nullyfies the speed anyways.

Darkseid has Supes in Strength, skills, abilities, intellect, and experience.

The comic mechanics wasnt ever brought up because people use to accept it as common knowledge. Lately people seem to think of it as a way to justify there character for winning. If Thanos was Batman's nemesis, in the comic books he would eventually win by finding some miraculous way too. Thats what comic mechanics do for you. Its the hero clause; no matter what happens the hero wins in the end.

Guest Falcon

all credit for the post below goes to Sirmethos. This is a copy of something he made in the CBUB Character Discussion that explains COMIC MECHANICS

a lot of people don't seem to get it, so i'm posting this in a thread of it's own, so i can simply link to this thread as an explanation.

in comics we have 'Comics Mechanics', which means that there is Always someone who is at an advantage, and others who are at a Disadvantage.

the 'hero' of the comic advantage, which means that the hero always wins. he might get temporarily beaten down once or twice, but sooner or later, he wins.

the 'villain' of the comic Disadvantage, the opposite of the 'hero' advantage

the 'important to the plot' Character sheild, similar to the 'hero' advantage. someone important to the plot will generally win, and prove how extremely powerful they are, until they get beaten in the end. until the Plot is finished, the characters protected by this, will not die. <- Superboy-Prime is an excellent example of this

the 'too powerful to be interesting' disadvantage, a character like Magneto, Apocalyse, Captain Atom, etc. that was created with powers that make them so powerful that using their full powers would end the story in 3 pictures, are generally 'limited' in some way. Captain Atom mentally limits himself, Magneto has his inner struggle, Strong Guy has a weak heart, etc. etc. etc.

when you pick up a comic, let's for the sake of example say it's a Spider-Man comic, then Spider-Man will win whatever fight he gets into, because he has "the 'hero' of the comic advantage", in the same comic, you have Spider-Man fighting against Venon, an opponent who is superior to Spider-Man in pretty much every way. in that comic, Venom Will lose, because he has "the 'villain' of the comic Disadvantage".

it doesn't matter that Venom is superior to Spider-Man, and that he would, in a realistic fight, wipe the floor with him. simply because Spider-Man is the hero, and Venom is the villain.

now, let's take another example:

let's say you pick up another comic, this time, for the sake of the example, it's a Superman comic with Superman fighting Darkseid.

now, aside from the advantage and disadvantage mentioned in the last example, why does Darkseid not use some of his Many stated powers, to simply destroy Superman? Darkseid is a powerful Telepath, he could easily destroy Supermans mind with a single thought, or make him a mindless slave, but why doesn't he do that? Darkseid also has the power to revert the evolutioniary patterns of an organism, which means, in simple terms, that with a single thought, he could transform Superman into a single-cell microbe. but why doesn't he do that?

the answer is that both Darkseid, Captain Atom, Major Force, and any other character even close to those levels of power, are restrained by "the 'too powerful to be interesting' disadvantage", which means, that they will never actually Use their full powers(or anything close to it) during a comic, simply because it would ruin the story, it would make things boring.

no one wants to read a comic with just two pages, showing Captain Atom swoop in and destroy the villain with a single thought, or seeing Superman get turned into an amoeba by Darkseid, they want to see action packed battles, they want to see the hero struggle, and win in the end. they Don't want to see the hero effortlessly take care of all the problems within the first page of the comic, or randomly get beaten by the villain in the span of 2 pictures. However, despite all these things, Darkseid Does have Powerful psionic powers, and the power to revert the evolutionary process of organisms, he Does have the power to travel in time, and a whole list of other powers he pretty much never uses, just as Captain Atom Does have the power to create and destroy a universe, and X-Man Does have nigh-unlimited psionic power.

there is a lot more to Comics Mechanics than i have explained here, but these are the rough basics and should give people a general understanding of what Comics Mechanics actually is.

if it turns out there is a need to explain more, i will add to this thread in the future.

Guest force_echo

No, Darkseid CANNOT react FTL, he was never able to. The best he can react is nanoseconds, impressive, but not FTL. Unless you show me a scan that specifically says Darkseid is moving at FTL, then you're wrong. Darkseid at best, can match Supes strength-wise, not that it matters when Supes has hit him 7,000,000 times before he even knows wtf is happening. And again, no we don;t do fights without comic mechanics, comic characters fight in CBUB EXACTLY as they do in the comics, unless the author specifically says so.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
No, Darkseid CANNOT react FTL, he was never able to. The best he can react is nanoseconds, impressive, but not FTL. Unless you show me a scan that specifically says Darkseid is moving at FTL, then you're wrong. Darkseid at best, can match Supes strength-wise, not that it matters when Supes has hit him 7,000,000 times before he even knows wtf is happening. And again, no we don;t do fights without comic mechanics, comic characters fight in CBUB EXACTLY as they do in the comics, unless the author specifically says so.

Again Darkseid can make a shield out of omega energy that would block the hits.

Guest force_echo
Again Darkseid can make a shield out of omega energy that would block the hits.

And again, since Seid can't react FTL, the fight would be over before he would even register that thought.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
And again, since Seid can't react FTL, the fight would be over before he would even register that thought.

Meh, Darkseid can blast him with the OB and there is no Parademons to hide behind, so that puts Superman down to the ground, he the buses his shields to fight Superman. After Superman realizes he can't get past the shields he knows he needs a sun dip, he goes to race to the sun, but Darkseid say "how about a different sun kryptonian, he teleports Superman into a red sun effectively depowering him. Superman now vulnerable burns to death in the red sun.

Guest Falcon

Darkseid has been shown in EVERY battle with Supes to react fast enough to block and land blows. Therefore other than moving at light speed Supes has no advantage and its only defensive because Darkseid has instantaneous reflexes that allow him to fight on par with Supes, but again Darkseid is still superior in every other way.

AGAIN.... name a way Supes can ACTUALLY defeat Darkseid since Seid is superior in all other ways.

Guest bigballerju

Exactly Force Echo the characters are just like they are in the comics and they are the canon we have always used. Its been that way going back to the old site before this site was redo completely.

Guest Falcon

did you two ignore everything I posted. here it is again thickheads

all credit for the post below goes to Sirmethos. This is a copy of something he made in the CBUB Character Discussion that explains COMIC MECHANICS

a lot of people don't seem to get it, so i'm posting this in a thread of it's own, so i can simply link to this thread as an explanation.

in comics we have 'Comics Mechanics', which means that there is Always someone who is at an advantage, and others who are at a Disadvantage.

the 'hero' of the comic advantage, which means that the hero always wins. he might get temporarily beaten down once or twice, but sooner or later, he wins.

the 'villain' of the comic Disadvantage, the opposite of the 'hero' advantage

the 'important to the plot' Character sheild, similar to the 'hero' advantage. someone important to the plot will generally win, and prove how extremely powerful they are, until they get beaten in the end. until the Plot is finished, the characters protected by this, will not die. <- Superboy-Prime is an excellent example of this

the 'too powerful to be interesting' disadvantage, a character like Magneto, Apocalyse, Captain Atom, etc. that was created with powers that make them so powerful that using their full powers would end the story in 3 pictures, are generally 'limited' in some way. Captain Atom mentally limits himself, Magneto has his inner struggle, Strong Guy has a weak heart, etc. etc. etc.

when you pick up a comic, let's for the sake of example say it's a Spider-Man comic, then Spider-Man will win whatever fight he gets into, because he has "the 'hero' of the comic advantage", in the same comic, you have Spider-Man fighting against Venon, an opponent who is superior to Spider-Man in pretty much every way. in that comic, Venom Will lose, because he has "the 'villain' of the comic Disadvantage".

it doesn't matter that Venom is superior to Spider-Man, and that he would, in a realistic fight, wipe the floor with him. simply because Spider-Man is the hero, and Venom is the villain.

now, let's take another example:

let's say you pick up another comic, this time, for the sake of the example, it's a Superman comic with Superman fighting Darkseid.

now, aside from the advantage and disadvantage mentioned in the last example, why does Darkseid not use some of his Many stated powers, to simply destroy Superman? Darkseid is a powerful Telepath, he could easily destroy Supermans mind with a single thought, or make him a mindless slave, but why doesn't he do that? Darkseid also has the power to revert the evolutioniary patterns of an organism, which means, in simple terms, that with a single thought, he could transform Superman into a single-cell microbe. but why doesn't he do that?

the answer is that both Darkseid, Captain Atom, Major Force, and any other character even close to those levels of power, are restrained by "the 'too powerful to be interesting' disadvantage", which means, that they will never actually Use their full powers(or anything close to it) during a comic, simply because it would ruin the story, it would make things boring.

no one wants to read a comic with just two pages, showing Captain Atom swoop in and destroy the villain with a single thought, or seeing Superman get turned into an amoeba by Darkseid, they want to see action packed battles, they want to see the hero struggle, and win in the end. they Don't want to see the hero effortlessly take care of all the problems within the first page of the comic, or randomly get beaten by the villain in the span of 2 pictures. However, despite all these things, Darkseid Does have Powerful psionic powers, and the power to revert the evolutionary process of organisms, he Does have the power to travel in time, and a whole list of other powers he pretty much never uses, just as Captain Atom Does have the power to create and destroy a universe, and X-Man Does have nigh-unlimited psionic power.

there is a lot more to Comics Mechanics than i have explained here, but these are the rough basics and should give people a general understanding of what Comics Mechanics actually is.

if it turns out there is a need to explain more, i will add to this thread in the future.

In that case Puck beats Gladiator, Black Panther beats Silver Surfer, Squirrel Girl beats Thanos, She Hulk beats Sentry, Spiderman beats Firelord, etc. On this site the comic mechanics dont prohibit characters from using there full power. This allows Darkseid to use all abilities given to him by DC. That easily makes him leagues above Superman.

I dont see how some of you dont understand this. Osborn, Doom, Lex Luthor, Thanos, Darkseid, Superboy Prime, so on and so on wil ALWAYS lose simply because they are the bad guys. Not because the heroes are stronger but simply because they are the heroes. The villians are ALWAYS more powerful in one way or another and thats what makes them a threat but when it comes down to the final fight, they forget that have certain powers or the heroes get some sort of "Ace in the Hole" that miraculously allows them to win. While this makes since in the actual comics it doesnt here. This site allows characters to be pitted against one another without the hole hero or villian clause inhibiting them from using there full potential. On CBUB the heroes dont have the luck that miraculously gives them the 1 in a million chance win. This match pits Darkseid with ALL his power and abilities vs Superman with his power and abilities. Now when you look at those two characters, there is no comparison. Superman loses in every category except for speed but when you add in Darkseid being able to teleport it nullyfies the speed anyways.

Darkseid has Supes in Strength, skills, abilities, intellect, and experience.

The comic mechanics wasnt ever brought up because people use to accept it as common knowledge. Lately people seem to think of it as a way to justify there character for winning. If Thanos was Batman's nemesis, in the comic books he would eventually win by finding some miraculous way too. Thats what comic mechanics do for you. Its the hero clause; no matter what happens the hero wins in the end.

Guest bigballerju

Did you ignore what we said?

Force Echo just told you whatever powers and the way the character acts in the comics is what we use here on CBUB.

So yea whether you like it or not Black Panther put Silver Surfer in a hold he couldn't break. They didn't have a real fight so enough. This is how it has always been so enough of this. Superman just like the comics on CBUB has beaten the crap out of Darkseid.

You and Methos keep twisting comic mechanics.

Here on cbub we use the characters and all there history from the comics because thats where they come from. Your good guys always win is bullshit and thats not always the case. Thats why there stories that explain how the hero wins or alot of times how the hero fails. If comics were really like that you wouldn't have all the heroes who died in Infinite Crisis.

Let me put it plain and simple..............

You and others are twisting comic mechanics to say Darkseid would beat Superman without comic mechanics or any other fight.

Without comic mechanics doesn't mean erasing the history of the characters and what stands. It doesn't mean Venom would destroy Spiderman without it if you dropped them in a arena. Spiderman will always beat Venom from there history of knowing how each other is in the comics and Superman will always beat able to beat Darkseid.

Guest force_echo
Meh, Darkseid can blast him with the OB and there is no Parademons to hide behind, so that puts Superman down to the ground, he the buses his shields to fight Superman. After Superman realizes he can't get past the shields he knows he needs a sun dip, he goes to race to the sun, but Darkseid say "how about a different sun kryptonian, he teleports Superman into a red sun effectively depowering him. Superman now vulnerable burns to death in the red sun.

I repeat what I've said two times now, because you obviously don;'t have the mental capability to understand. Supes is so far vastly faster than Seid is, he can end the fight before Seid even knows that there IS a fight. Seid dosen't have instant reflexes, look at the wiki, he has nanosecond reflexes. Fast for sure, but not against soemone who can casually move FTL. Falcon, unless you have evidence to prove your claim to instant reflexes, its a bunch of bullshit.

Also Falcon, you're retarded. First off, stop using Sirmethos to structure your argument, second off, there's a difference between PIS and Comic MEchanics. PIS are one shot freak occurances, Comic MEchanics is 90% of the battles in the entire freaking comicverse. Entire characters like Cap are made of comic mechanics. Go to any other comic site like CBUB: Project Fanboy, Comicvine, anything, and ask them if they know about comic mechanics. Its nonexistant. Why don't you actually read some comics once in a while. The hero wins because he is smarter, the hero wins because he is more resourceful, the hero wins because he has more willpower. It happens in the comics, this is the COMIC BOOK universe battles, so make peace with it, its just how it is.

EDIT: I suggest you listen to Bigballer about how CBUB is supposed to be, he's been here longer than you and Methos combined.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
I repeat what I've said two times now, because you obviously don;'t have the mental capability to understand. Supes is so far vastly faster than Seid is, he can end the fight before Seid even knows that there IS a fight. Seid dosen't have instant reflexes, look at the wiki, he has nanosecond reflexes. Fast for sure, but not against soemone who can casually move FTL.

I'm going to tell you this once, don't *vulgarity*ing try to insult me when I haven't said shit like that to you, unless you would say it to me face to face, don't say it on the internet. Do unto others what you want done to yourself.

As for the fight, if Superman is as fast as you are saying then why has he been hit with the OB several times?

Guest force_echo
I'm going to tell you this once, don't *vulgarity*ing try to insult me when I haven't said shit like that to you, unless you would say it to me face to face, don't say it on the internet. Do unto others what you want done to yourself.

As for the fight, if Superman is as fast as you are saying then why has he been hit with the OB several times?

That really dosen't hold any weight, because I would say the same thing to you face to face. I don;t like reiterating the same points over and over again.

Because, like Darkseid never uses "his other powers" as you claim, Supes almost never fights FTL.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
That really dosen't hold any weight, because I would say the same thing to you face to face. I don;t like reiterating the same points over and over again.

Because, like Darkseid never uses "his other powers" as you claim, Supes almost never fights FTL.

Heh, that would be fun

So Superman rarely fights FTL but your plan is that Superman hits him at FTL?