Norman Nordstrom: 6

Jean Grey vs. Polaris
MATCH SCORE
Jean Grey: 3
Polaris: 0

READ ME FIRST: General Acceptance FAQ

Guest chakos

Guest TheJ0ke

Erm, I'll just put this here since I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Anyway, while scanning over the characters in the CBUB database I noticed a problem with Garrus Vakarian's character summary.

It seemed to be a bio for Commander Shepard of the same game, rather than Garrus...

Here's the link to the character: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=3856

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, I'll just put this here since I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Anyway, while scanning over the characters in the CBUB database I noticed a problem with Garrus Vakarian's character summary.

It seemed to be a bio for Commander Shepard of the same game, rather than Garrus...

Here's the link to the character: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=3856

That's a common thing on many CBUB character profiles.

It usually takes excerpts from Wikipedia and since that page in particular is about listed characters, it tends to list down the first few paragraphs.

-Rakai'Thwei

• 1 month later...

Someone recently submitted "Communists" to the review bin. As one of those low level character reviewers, I was unsure of what to do. Sure, communists have committed some terrible things, but by that logic, a lot of other groups shouldn't be in the database either. Also, the debate against real characters is difficult to support here, due to the massive amount of fictional communists (Smurfs?).

Then again, the person submitted it as a realistic group...

Anyways, I'm unsure what to do. I realize serge's stance on politics, but communists have such a huge pop culture influence (having been the perfect villains for years) that denying them seems almost wrong.

So, are they in, or out?

Guest LoneWolf
It's a censor feature. You can say his first name but the last name seems to be programmed on a censored list.

-Rakai'Thwei

Too bad.. I was seriously going to make a match with a super powered Adolph H. as my villain...

Would Tarot:Witch of the Black Rose be acceptable?

No.

For one, the character in the comic is always topless and nude. Second...

Well, can you imagine the character gallery?

-Rakai'Thwei

and wait and wait and wait untill you go crazy or your character gets accepted, still waiting for a few I submitted, not that I'm griping or anything.

Well gee, sorry some of us have been searching for better employment. <_<

-Rakai'Thwei

• 3 weeks later...

Someone tried adding...

FRED

Chris-Chan

....Youtube and Internet celebrities are not worthy enough to be on CBUB. In the case of Fred, despite the fact that he has his own movie and is a Youtube internet celebrity, he isn't worthy to be on CBUB at all.

In the case of Chris-Chan, I have to ask... Why? This is a kid who clearly suffers from Autism and has a really bad internet notoriety. A kid with mental problems and a really poor social life who found himself on UrbanDictionary, Uncyclopedia and other drama blogging sites. He is not even worthy enough to be on CBUB.

NO MORE INTERNET CELEBRITIES!!

-Rakai'Thwei

I'm wondering if Jon Stewart would be okay? I added Stephen Colbert and he was accepted. It just seems wrong to only have one of them on here.

Due to his huge pop cultural impact, I don't see why he wouldn't be a good addition. Now, I am not the one who makes big decisions, but in my opinion, he can and should be added.

Guest TheJ0ke

-Rakai'Thwei

Darn! Well, that sure threw a wrench in my plans to get /b/tards into the database! ;)

Also, am I the only one who got confused between John Stewart (GL) and Jon Stewart the Comedy Central Personality when VGMan said "I'm wondering if Jon Stewart would be okay"?

Would Weird Al be okay? He's been in the Simpsons, had his own movie and self-titled show. Also, the no more internet celebrities or memes rule confuses me. Who constitutes as a meme or internet celebrity? Does Slender Man count as a meme? Does Chad Vader count as an Internet Celebrity? I think there needs to be a specification on those rules.

On a side note, would Isaiah Mustafa(AKA the Man Your Man Could Smell Like) be acceptable?

Edited by videogameman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shellsbut
Someone tried adding...

FRED

Chris-Chan

....Youtube and Internet celebrities are not worthy enough to be on CBUB. In the case of Fred, despite the fact that he has his own movie and is a Youtube internet celebrity, he isn't worthy to be on CBUB at all.

In the case of Chris-Chan, I have to ask... Why? This is a kid who clearly suffers from Autism and has a really bad internet notoriety. A kid with mental problems and a really poor social life who found himself on UrbanDictionary, Uncyclopedia and other drama blogging sites. He is not even worthy enough to be on CBUB.

-Rakai'Thwei

I agree and take a stand with you against Internet Celebs

Guest Dark Ranger X
I agree and take a stand with you against Internet Celebs

Cool lengthy post, bro. Worth posting a three weeks after the fact.