X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Princess Bride.

Hugo Fowl

Chapter 3: The Man in Black.

As the ship flew off threw the night, Vin would begin to awaken, turning slightly in her sleep before noticing several things.

One was the fact that she was still in the dress she had wore earlier for her ride, thin and certainly not enough to prevent the chill from creeping in, though she noticed that she was currently covered by a red jacket she recognized as belonging to the swordsman, looking up to see him currently sitting at the rudder, looking odd without it as he peered into the darkness.

More perusal would reveal the giant, who did the work of several men with little difficulty as the rude boy who seemed to be the mastermind behind it all was gloating.

Watching it all, Vin would think quietly as she lay still, not wanting to reveal she was awake yet as she pondered what to do...Before realizing something.

There was a knife she could feel in the jackets pocket and quietly, she would seek to pull it out as best she could, despite being tied down....Success! And having gained an awkward grip, she began to saw through her bonds....

Meanwhile, Ben couldn't be happier and spoke.

"We'll reach the cliffs by dawn!"

Dante would be distracted, merely nodding as he continued to look out into the night.

Ben would be annoyed by this and speak.

"Why are you doing that?"

"Making sure nobody is following us."

Ben snorted.

"That would be inconceivable."

Vin, almost through her bonds would retort coldly.

"Despite what you think, you will be caught. And when you are, the Prince will see you all hanged."

Bens attention would immediately turn to her as he spoke darkly.

"Of all the necks on this boat, Highness, the one you should be worrying about is your own."

He then looked at Dante and spoke once more annoyed.

"Oh stop that! We can all relax, its almost over-"

"You sure nobody is following us?"

Ben snorted. Affronted that Dante need have even asked that.

"As I told you, it would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways, inconceivable. No one in Guilder knows what we've done. And no one in Florin could have gotten here so fast. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?"

Dante shrugged and leaned back in his seat, aware that even Segfried was looking at him in curiosity.

"No reason. I only happened to look behind, and something is there."

At his words, the other two would rush to look and peer as well into the night.

And sure enough, as the moonlight shone there would be a ship....Black sails and black wood, a specter of the seas that came speedily upon them and Ben would speak, attempting to add logic.

"Probably some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night through eel-infested waters."

He was aware of the looks of the other two at this statement and snapped.

"Well whose the brains of this outfit!"

A splash would occur and draw everyones attention, as all three turned to see Dante's jacket, knife and the cut ropes announcing the leap of Vin who took the time to break free and jump overboard, prompting a smirk from Dante as he spoke.

"Huh, forgot I had that in there."

Ben was infuriated.

"Shut up already and go grab her!"

Dante shrugged, perfectly at ease.

"I don't swim."

Ben looked at Segfried who shrugged apologetically and spoke.

"I only dog-paddle."

"ARG-"

His cry of anguish would be suddenly cut off, as a high-pitched noise cut into his hearing and he smiled, going to the boat side and calling out.

"Do you know what that sound is, Highness? Those are the Shrieking Eels -- if you doubt me, just wait. They always grow louder when they're about to feed on human flesh."

Despite his words, Vin would tread water where she was, though she too would be somewhat frightened by the noise. She wished she kept the knife, but thought it rude to just take it after having freed herself with it.

The shrieking would get louder and louder, as Bens voice continued.

"If you swim back now, I promise, no harm will come to you. I doubt you will get such an offer from the Eels."

Yeah right, Vin would think though she couldn't help but scream as an Eel came at her-

Shuriken would chuckle and speak.

<She doesn't get hurt.>

Everyone in the camp, save for Raziel and Galen and Vin(the first who had opted to watch out for danger, though he could hear perfectly well from where he was and the latter two who were still asleep, having done their watch for the night) were hanging onto every word, with Aang actually clutching his arm tightly and even Dante showing interest in the story. Adam would have gotten more comfortable as he listened, occasionally poking the fire with a stick as the embers crackled.

Ben and Aang would both make noises of skepticism.

"Aww, we ain't that worried!"

Adam chuckled.

"Were you both any more worried, I would have asked who died."

Dante made a shushing noise.

"Shhhh, I wanna hear more! Not every day I hear I'm such a badass...Waitaminute, never mind!"

Adams response was to chuck a pine cone at the other, who ducked and laughed.

Shuriken would rumble and speak.

<Do you wish me to continue?>

Immediately, everyone would make noises of agreement as he continued. Absurdly pleased by the attention.

Letting out a scream, the next moment, she would be grabbed by Segfried as the boat passed, and dumped on the deck gently out of harms way....Of the eels at least.

And as Ben walked off angry, Dante would murmur in her ears.

"You got guts princess. I'll admit that easily. Nice move with the knife."

Vin would smirk coldly in reply, though her gaze softened as she spoke.

"Thanks for the jacket."

Dante shrugged.

"Segfried bugged me to let you have it. He was afraid you'd get cold or something, though your little swim seems to have done that."

It was the last that their conversation was to have however, as Ben came close and smirked.

"I bet you think your brave, don't you?"

Vin would stare back and speak bitingly.

"Only compared to some."

This would likewise be interrupted as Dante who had been observing the back spoke idly.

"Hey guys? He's getting closer."

As dawn began to creep, they noticed that the boat had only one man, all in black with a hood and mask, working the boat alone.

For some reason, a chill of fear crept in the hearts of all aboard who saw him, though Segfried would muse aloud.

"He's pretty fast. I wonder if he's using the same wind as us?"

Ben snorted again.

"Well whoever he is, his taste of clothing notwithstanding whether pirate or some fisherman gone rogue, he's far too late! Behold!"

He pointed and smirked.

"The Cliffs of Insanity."

Coming soon:"The Epic Duel"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KevinDWolf93

This one was good. This one you were following the story pretty closely in comparison th the previous. A dash more of the uwt flavor aside this is quite enjoyable, especially if you imagine all the various voice actors(tjose that have em anyways) saying the lines(ben vizzini...that is all :o). keep it up man.

woot! adams coming...will he be typecast? :P. you know how he is about that ;)

Chapter 4a

It was with an air of amusement, that Shuriken observed the group as he paused to collect his thoughts.

Everyone, save for Galen and Vin had now gathered and according to their various natures, were listening intently and with great interest.

Though it was for Ben and Aang he felt the most fond of as he spun his tale. Both of them were young, even by human standards(at least one of them) and he felt a certain urge to give them both one moment at least to forget their troubles, forget this struggle and simply if only for a small moment, be young and carefree as they should have been.

Yet another thing the Cult had to answer for. Though as he looked around, he could see all the group waiting patiently and he chuckled aloud, rumbling as he stretched his neck and hummed.

<The Cliffs of Insanity hatchlings, were so named for their great height and nigh-impassable face. Nobody could climb them unaided, and even if one had some sort of equipment, it was still considered extremely dangerous and foolhardy. And it was this path now, that the four had to traverse to escape the Man in Black, whose appearance caused some degree of fear in all of them, thus facilitating their actions speedily....>

As the boat clambered near the rocks, Ben snapped out a command.

"Get that rope you oaf!"

And per his instructions, Segfried would grab it and fling it upwards with his mighty strength, the entire length calculated to fly up the length of the cliffs as it caught to the tree above and after testing it, Segfried grinned and spoke.

"Its good Ben!"

"Then what are you waiting for brainless? An engraved invitation?!"

As Ben spoke, he leaped on Segfried and held on tightly, followed by Dante as Segfried grabbed Vin as well before stomping once to destroy the boat, as he began to pull himself up easily, using only his arms as he pulled all of them at once up the cliffs. Vin for her part, would close her eyes in sudden vertigo.

She really didn't like heights at all.

Though she would open her eyes as Dante spoke aloud in astonishment.

"Hey, that guy in black is still following us. What are the odds?"

And as she looked down, she noted that even though the group had a head start, the mysterious man in black was simply flying up the rope, going faster and faster as though driven by demons as his stare, even at this distance chilled her with its single-minded purpose.

Ben would also note this and speak in annoyance.

"I thought you were this big, muscle man! And he's catching up!"

Segfried would huff and speak.

"In my defense, I'm carrying three people. He only has himself."

Ben would snarl.

"Do I have to get a new giant? Because if he catches up, I will!"

Segfried's expression would be a picture of dismay as he spoke.

"Awwww, don't say that Ben."

Throwing a brief glare at Ben, Dante would speak to Segfried.

"C'mon Segfried, you can do it! I know you can!"

Can, ban, slam, jam....

Rhymes always made Segfried happy, and as he pulled himself up hand overhand as the Man in Black pursued them, he forced his mind to the rhymes while his arms which knew their place pulled swiftly and surely.

200 feet now from the top......100......50....Now!

He made it, and not a moment to soon.

Had he stopped to look behind at their pursuer, he may have froze as the Man in Black was merely 100 feet from them and that would have been that.

Ben on the other hand, knew exactly what to do in times like this and wasted no time in slicing at the rope that was dangling over the cliff, laughing in triumph as he succeeded and the rope fell away. Vin would close her eyes, looking away as she imagined the man whoever he was, suddenly falling that great distance and-

"Wow. He has some strong arms there."

What the-? She opened her eyes to see Dante and Segfried looking down the cliff in contemplation.

Segfried nodded and spoke.

"Is he-?"

"He certainly is."

Ben, unknowing what was happening rushed forward and looked down the cliff side himself, pulling Vin in his curiosity and hers.

To their collective astonishment, they would see the man having braced himself in some sort of crevice in the cliff, before he began to make the climb upwards. Ben's mouth would gape as he spoke.

"He didn't fall? Inconceivable!"

Dante would give Ben a look part incredulous and part annoyed.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means. It was inconceivable that anyone would follow. It was inconceivable, that anyone would chase us up the rope. And it was inconceivable, that that person would continue to follow....And yet, there it is!"

He gestured down, though Ben would ignore it as he spoke, evaluating the situation.

"Well its obviously some being who recognizes the princess and judging by his attire, undoubtedly wishes to share in the reward meant for us. Fat chance of that! Also, as he has seen us with the princess and thus is a new factor in our work, he must also die. You! If he falls, fine but if he lives, then use the sword!"

Dante would shrug and speak.

"Alright. But I'm limiting myself to my left hand and my sword alone."

Ben about to leave with Vin and Segfried looked at Dante in pain.

"We don't have time for your posturing here!"

Dante however, was adamant.

"I have to. Otherwise, its over far too fast and I have no satisfaction."

Ben snarled but nodded reluctantly as he spoke.

"Fine then! But hurry up, we'll be waiting after all!"

And with that, he would rush off as he dragged Vin along with him, though Segfried would pause to speak worriedly to his friend.

"Be careful Dante....Men in masks are not to be trusted."

Dante would merely smirk in reply and clap his friends shoulder in reply before he spoke.

"Hey man....Its me!"

And with that, he would watch his friends leave before settling down to examine his surroundings.

Huh....If he didn't know better, he would have sworn that this place was practically built for an epic duel. The terrain was flat, yet would spiral upward, with obstacles and more...It was perfect! And grinning, he would pull out his sword and perform a few maneuvers, looking nothing more then a blur as he went through the motions.

You had to feel sorry for the Man in Black.

And thus assured, Dante would relax....Before frowning as he looked over the cliff side.

The Man in Black seemed to have made six inches in the time he last looked. He frowned and went back to his place of rest before coming back and looking down.

Nope. Still wasn't making much progress.

Dante was never one for patience, and he called out.

"Hello there!"

In response, the Man in Black would look up and grunt once before applying himself to the task of the climb. Not put off by this, Dante would grin and call out.

"Slow going?"

Now annoyed, the Man in Black would speak. His voice a perfect reflection of his frustration as he spoke.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude, but contrary to appearance, this isn't as easy as it looks. So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't distract me."

"Oh, sorry!"

"Thank you."

And with that strange interaction, both would devote themselves to their various tasks. Dante for waiting and the Man in Black for climbing before five seconds later, Dante called out.

"I don't suppose you could speed things up, could you?"

The Man in Black would give this the consideration it deserved.

"Look, if your in such a hurry, you could always lower a rope or a branch, or find something useful to do!"

Dante would speak matter-of-factly.

"I could do that. Actually, I have a coil of rope right here except I don't think you would accept it, seeing how I'm only here to kill you."

In a completely deadpan voice, the Man in Black would respond.

"That does put a damper on our relationship."

Ah, a fingerhold! One more inch to the top....Hey, every little bit helps, yes?

Dante would frown and call out.

"I do promise not to kill you till you reach the top though."

Now there was definitely a hint of sarcasm in his tone as he spoke.

"Comforting, but I'm afraid you'll just have to wait."

Dante shook his head, muttering to himself.

"I hate waiting...."

After some consideration, he called out.

"I could give you my word as a swordsman?"

"No good. I've known far to many swordsman you see."

He paused to collect his strength as Dante racked his brains for some sort of assurance.

"Is there no way you can trust me?"

"Nothing really comes to mind...."

A moment later, Dante would speak reverently.

"I swear by the soul of my father Sparda, that you will reach the top alive."

A moments pause that seemed like an eternity would pass before the Man in Black called out.

"Throw me the rope."

And in minutes, the Man in Black would reach the top and heave a sigh, drawing his sword before Dante made a gesture.

"No rush man....We'll wait till your ready."

Nodding his thanks, the Man in Black would sit down with a sigh, allowing Dante to take his first look at the other.

Black seemed to be the predominant color, the cloak acting like a living shadow wrapped around the other, all in an attempt to disguise the figure of the other, while still leaving the arms and legs free.

And as if the hood wasn't enough, he noted also the cloth mask of the other, revealing naught but yellow eyes. Sinister in their own way, though this character seemed nice enough. He wondered....

"Your alive and human, right?"

The other would give him a look of bafflement before speaking.

"Yes....Do you always begin your conversations this way?"

Dante would suddenly look serious as he spoke.

"My father was killed by an undead vampire....He was a great swordsmaker, my father. And when the vampire came and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved for two years before he was done."

And without a thought how it might end, he picked up his sword and presented it to the Man in Black, who took it and looked it over before returning it and speaking.

"I'm impressed. He was obviously a man of great skill."

Dante smiled.

"Its called "Rebellion" and its like was not seen for ages, until the creation of Yamanato. Another of my fathers work. But then that slime killed my father after trying to cheat him....And for twenty years, I have chased him and devoted myself to knowing not only the sword, but also all other ways of killing the undead."

He smiled faintly and looked away.

"When I face him.....I shall say; "Hello. My name is Dante, son of Sparda. You killed my father....Prepare to die."

Listening with interest, the Man in Black would comment politely.

"I wish you the best of luck in this."

Dante shrugged.

"I haven't seen him nor heard of him for twenty years now....He was a special case as well, even amongst vampires. Its why I work for Ben actually. Revenge doesn't really pay the bills you know. Or pay off old debts."

Starting to rise, the Man in Black would begin to stretch out, prompting Dante to inquire curiously.

"Your ready then?"

"Whether or not I am ready, you've been more then fair."

Dante smiled, pulling out his sword.

"You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you."

The Man in Black would smile and remark with a trace of humor.

"You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die."

Dante grinned, already excited.

His opponent had a sword at his side, a rapier with a blade so thin he was sure it would break. But the question first and foremost in his mind was this.

Could he use it well? And not only well, enough to satisfy him?

Silence would fill the air, before both opponents rushed each other......

To be continued in chapter 4B

OOC: I know, I'm evil. ;)

But in all seriousness, I wanted to give such an epic duel the credit it deserves, and thus we shall see in part two of the epic duel! Hope you all liked this one!

Not really an update, but when I saw this I couldn't help but crack up at the irony.

EDIT: Also, just for fun I have a challenge for you readers.

The challenge is simply to write up an omake(a brief story) that occurs in between using the setting here now. Example: A view of Adams thoughts as he watches the story-telling unfold, or perhaps Dante and one of the others speaking briefly in between as Shuriken speaks.

Or it could even be Khazan-related. Whatever it is, try it and I promise if I see even one of these, I'll update immediately. Can't wait to see your works! ;)

Guest KevinDWolf93

Not really an update, but when I saw this I couldn't help but crack up at the irony.

EDIT: Also, just for fun I have a challenge for you readers.

The challenge is simply to write up an omake(a brief story) that occurs in between using the setting here now. Example: A view of Adams thoughts as he watches the story-telling unfold, or perhaps Dante and one of the others speaking briefly in between as Shuriken speaks.

Or it could even be Khazan-related. Whatever it is, try it and I promise if I see even one of these, I'll update immediately. Can't wait to see your works! ;)

Ok heres my attempt at something Khazan related. Taking place during Ch 2:Auditions. Adam's perspective :o. It probably sucks, so apologies in advance. I havent been in writing shape since '09.

Adam Park, the Power Ranger sat patiently in the waiting room, script in hand, going over his lines for some last-minute practice. It was then that his buddy and fellow UWT "contestant" Dante exited the audition room. The two naturally greet each other.

"So how'd it go?" Adam asks.

"Excellent, I got Inigo." Dante says proudly.

"Nice!...so your growing a beard?" Adam jokes before standing up as he hears Hugo say next, however he quickly sits back down as he sees who IS next up for a casting call, a bit embarrased. As Galen and Vin walk by the two pretend to continue talking to each other, however they would blatantly stare at the two in wonder until they entered the room. Looking back at each other they both sighed.

"Leave it to Hugo to do something so obvious noone would expect it."Dante snarks, wide-grinned. Adam would nod in agreeance. Getting a bit serious he would face the ranger. "Hey have you heard rumors of...well them?" Dante practically whispers. Adam would frown.

"Rumors yeah, but thats a big load. You and I both know Vin's got someone she cares for...well Galen's on the free side bu-" Adam begins to explain when he winces at letting Dante know about Galen's break-up. Before the witty Dante could capitalize Adam held up a hand. "Look its a long story. You know how relationships get when met on with RPs and fics...especially when we have a case like those two. Juno just couldn't take all the possibilities and what if's..." Adam stops, refusing to say more. Dante merely nods as the ranger changes the subject. "Look, just don't bring it up around him, he's still taking it hard and definitely don't tell him I told you..."

"Alright Mr. Nice guy." Dante says holding up both his hand as if he was a boy scout. "So what are you trying out for?"

"Its a suprise." Adam says deviously. "I'll tell you this much though. It's definitely gonna get me out of that Goodie-two shoes typecast if I get what I want." Adam says proudly.

"I don't know that niche fits you well enough." Dante smirks. Adam sighs.

"Thanks, I suppose it's a good one to have, heck Im glad Hugo's even considering me....still I better make some kind of impression. Otherwise I'm going to be running into a bit of a rough spot soon enough."

"Oh right. KWolf's dropping you for UWT3 eh?" Dante asks. "Same here, but I'm sorry to hear that. Hey if your Ranger gig doesn't bring it all in maybe you could try some VA work? I got a spot in my next game."*** Dante says with a smirk. Adam would laugh a bit.

"I'll keep that in mind buddy...though yeah KWolf. Wasn't anything bad either, we're on good terms still and all that. You know how RPers are. They get bored after awhile, and want to try new things. Though you know how it is for guys like me. Unless your name starts with Tommy and ends with Oliver, you'll get something decent once in a blue moon. I mean your still Dante...in my eyes if nothing else*" Adam smirks.

Dante grins, shaking his head. "Thanks. I hear thats a top spot, KWolf's handle. People are scrambling for it."

"Oh you know it Dante...anyways I don't mean to hold you up any longer. Have a good one." Adam says waving off the son of Sparda. Dante merely nods before heading out the door. "Two things!" Adam calls back. "One if Aang or Ben mention something about them and a closet, just say no. I alread talked to them about it." Dante smirks, but simply keeps walking. "Secondly at least work on the accent!" is Adam's last words to the half-demon. Taking a few steps outside Dante would hear someone yellling over the phone. it was Terry McGinnis AKA Batman Beyond.

"What do you mea-....yes....next time he says? I bet....ok....no, no just tell him I'm glad he's considering me for that much....thanks....no I know what his waiting list is." the new Bat says as he mutters before flying off. "Beaten out by a pirate. Great."**

Dante would shrug. "Heh, guess everybody's runing into tough times for gigs." he says to himself before going to meet up with Ben. Adam on the other hand got into a comfortable seat as he continued to go over his lines. He knew almost for a fact that the two would-be "lovebirds" were going to be in there for awhile...

*: DMC 5...that is all

**Sadly, I did have to let Terry go, for Mr. Sparrow as UWT 3 tag. I promise though, he will get his time to shine....EVENTUALLY!

***Ok, a bit of a cheat using last-minute additions. However if you know of Jonny Young Bosh's(Adam's actor) work resume past PR, then you might get a bit of a laugh here.

Guest tomisntblue

Loved it Kev. And Hugo, you newest chapter was good, but I was sad when it ended. A note about DMC5, I've been thinking about adding the new Dante and putting him against the original, maybe I'll try my hand at one of these using the two.

Loved it Kev. And Hugo, you newest chapter was good, but I was sad when it ended. A note about DMC5, I've been thinking about adding the new Dante and putting him against the original, maybe I'll try my hand at one of these using the two.

Well, you can thank Kev later. I'll be posting up the fight today because he accepted my challenge. Also, I'd love to read a drabble by you in this section as well. "Hint, hint."

;)

Guest tomisntblue
Well, you can thank Kev later. I'll be posting up the fight today because he accepted my challenge. Also, I'd love to read a drabble by you in this section as well. "Hint, hint."

;)

Alright, alright, I'll start thinking of something, just as soon as I'm done with my newest match.

Sorry for being late for this but these are awesome. I'm currently thinking about what to write between UWT2 and UWT3.

Thanks man! Glad you enjoy them.

Chapter 4B.

Chuckling, Shuriken would continue his story as he saw how enthralled all seemed to be in the story as he spoke.

<And so it was that Dante, legendary swordsman and monster hunter did face off against the Man in Black. Both testing each other as their blades sung through the air and met and clashed in a deadly dance that could prove fatal, should either make a mistake. Dante would be pleased->

"Of course I'd be pleased!"

Making a sheepish grin as every person in the group shushed him, Dante would make a gesture to go on as Shuriken chuckled once more in honest mirth. Noticing also by this point that sometime earlier, Raziel had likewise joined and was listening quietly, while the skeleton-thing would cock its head in an attitude of intense interest.

Surprisingly, Vin and Galen would still be fast asleep throughout it all. Content to merely lay in each others embrace as the others listened to his story. Perhaps it was for the best.

Though he only used the groups names at the request of the hatchlings, he had a feeling Galen and Vin would both be somewhat embarrassed at the story. Ah well. Now, where was he? Oh yes.....

The sounds of the swords ringing as they clashed would echo in the make-shift arena, as Dante pressed his attack, with the Man in Black perfectly at his ease as he parried. Dante would be thrilled, and this would show in his voice as he spoke.

"You're using Bonetti's defense against me, eh?"

Without missing a beat or a parry, the other would speak.

"I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain."

"Naturally, you must expect me to attack with Capo Ferro!"

And Dante's hand would suddenly blur as impossibly, the other would defend himself as he spoke in between blows.

"Naturally...but I find Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro, don't you?"

And suddenly switching styles himself, he would begin to fight back. His sword slashing and weaving speedily at the other, forcing Dante to give ground as he was forced back before he grinned.

"Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa-!"

And with unusual grace, he would leap overhead the other and swing his blade as he landed to collide with The Man in Black's neck, though only a timely counter would save him from being a head shorter as Dante grinned and spoke.

"-Which I have!"

And again, the titans of swordsmanship clashed and slashed one at another, with Dante slowly being forced back, though his face would show nothing but joy as he spoke.

"You are wonderful!"

"Thank you. I've worked hard to become so."

"You are better then me, I admit it."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"Because I know something you don't know."

"And what is that?"

"I, am not left-handed!"

And in a flash, Dante would switch sword hands as he began to make his way towards the other in his own attacks. Slashing and hacking, skewering and stabbing, forcing the Man in Black in retreat to the Cliffs Edge, before he spoke.

"Your-very-good."

With each grunt in between, he parried a swords thrust.

"But though you can't see it, I am smiling as well."

Dante raised an eyebrow as he swung his blade before speaking.

"Why is that?"

"I'm not left-handed either."

And now the tables would turn as the Man in Black fought back, striking and forcing Dante back yet again. In terms of strength and speed, he would be a hair faster. A shade stronger. Miniscule, but.....

It would be enough. And Dante would be ecstatic, happy at the chance to do the following as he spoke the following words.

"Trickster."

And he would suddenly flash-step from one place to the other, impressed that he was pushed to using his extra powers. His other skills which he barely advertised as he speed-dashed towards Galen, swinging his blade in an attempt to cut the other....Before suddenly running into what seemed like an invisible wall and falling back against the stone wall, before suddenly realizing that the Man in Blacks sword was at his throat before he chuckled.

"You beat me fair and square man....So do it."

The Man in Black smiled slightly and spoke.

"I would sooner murder Da Vinci then an artist like yourself. But as I can't have you following me..."

And he would slam his sword hilt into the side of his head, knocking him out and revealing something interesting.

From Dante's jacket, an old firearm would have fallen out, still gripped in Dantes hand where he hid it. He could have fired....But he didn't. And the Man in Black would smile and pat the others shoulder before running off to chase the footprints of the other three.....One down. Two to go.

was wondering how you would handle the sword fight. good job as always

Thanks man. This one was kinda hard to pull off without it going over the top, especially considering who they both are but I had hoped I succeeded. Thanks!

Guest tomisntblue
Thanks man. This one was kinda hard to pull off without it going over the top, especially considering who they both are but I had hoped I succeeded. Thanks!

You did expertly. Although I imagine it was hard to find a good believable way to end this you pulled it off like few others could.

You did expertly. Although I imagine it was hard to find a good believable way to end this you pulled it off like few others could.

Thanks man, especially as this is freaking Dante and Starkiller for all intents and purposes. I didn't want them to go all out....Yet. And I also wanted to move the story forward, yet make it so that it was something of a tie between the two.

So thanks! Also....

I'm looking forward to your writing!

Guest tomisntblue
Thanks man, especially as this is freaking Dante and Starkiller for all intents and purposes. I didn't want them to go all out....Yet. And I also wanted to move the story forward, yet make it so that it was something of a tie between the two.

So thanks! Also....

I'm looking forward to your writing!

Yeah, I'm still tossing around my ideas of what I wanna do exactly, something taking place between the auditions and the story for sure. Maybe I'll show what Dante was doing in the mean time.

Vin and Galen weren't actually asleep but hanging on every word.

<The others are enjoying themselves, Galen.>

<I wish Shurkan picked other names>

<Makes a good bedtime story for future kids.>

<Future kids?>

<I'd like to actually raise one some day, what do yo think about boy names?>

<Later, I want to hear about me kicking Dante's butt.> Vin gave him a mental eye roll.

Chapter 5.

As the story continued, Shuriken began to speak.

<And so it was that the swordsman was defeated, and the Man in Black continued on his way. Upon reaching the others, Segfried who was carrying the Princess remarked to Ben->

"-Dante was defeated! What do we do now?"

Ben would stop and growl.

"Inconceivable!"

Not wishing to disagree with his boss, Segfried would amend his statement hastily and speak.

"Oh I'm such an idiot. Of course its Dante and to prove it, he's taken the Man in Blacks clothing, weapons and items and lost some weight."

Ben actually stopped at that, pausing to look before he scowled and spoke.

"Idiot! Can't you tell Dante from a complete stranger at this point?! That's not Dante at all! Give me the girl!"

And taking her, about to run off he spoke to Segfried.

"Catch up with us quickly when your done."

"What do I do?"

"Finish him. Your way."

And he would have left, had not Segfried spoke in curiosity.

"What is my way Ben?"

Ben rolled his eyes and spoke with exaggerated politeness.

"Pick up one of those rocks, get behind the boulder, and in a few minutes, the Man in Black will come running around the bend. The minute his head is in view, hit it with the rock!"

And as he ran out of view, Segfried would muse to himself as he picked one up the size of a coconut.

"My way is not very sportsmanlike...."

Still, he would wait and hide as the Man in Black came closer....And closer...Until finally-

*CRASH!*

And scant inches from his head, the rock would shatter by the Man in Black, as revealing himself with another rock, Segfried smiled.

"I missed on purpose you know."

Warily, the Man in Black would speak.

"I believe you....So now what?"

Segfried smiled again.

"Simple. We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone."

With a somewhat incredulous look, the Man in Black would speak.

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"

Segfried would get ready to throw.

"I could always kill you now."

Well, when he put it like that.....Placing his sword to the ground, the Man in Black would observe the other towering over him and speak.

"Frankly, I think the odds are slightly in your favor at hand fighting."

"Its not my fault being the biggest and the strongest....I don't even exercise. Well, I used to until I hit my growth spurt."

That would be the last words spoken for now as both stared at each other before the Man in Black shot forward, his fists and feet mere blurs as he hammered numerous blows upon the other....All for nothing, as Segfried merely looked around at the scenery before he spoke politely.

"Your doing very well."

"Look are you just fiddling around with me or what?"

Segfried took on an embarrassed look.

"I'm sorry....I just don't want you to die embarrassed."

And he would lunge suddenly, prompting the other to use his own speed nimbly, this continuing for some time before Segfried spoke in curiosity.

"I have to ask....Whats with the mask? Were you scarred by acid or something tragic like that?"

"No, its just very comfy. I bet everyone will be wearing them someday."

Segfried blinked at this nonsensical answer before he shrugged and leaped again.

Only this time, the Man in Black would switch tactics, using his greater agility that ended with him holding the other in a choke hold maneuver, which had Segfried somewhat nonplussed as he strove to fight back. Slamming himself into the ground, the rocks as he grunted.

"I just-Oof! Figured out why you give me so much trouble."

Hanging on for dear life, the other would speak.

"Why is-OW! That may I ask?"

"Well, I haven't fought just one person for so long. I've been specializing-in groups. Battling gangs for local charities, that kind of thing."

He was beginning to black out and desperately tried to loosen the grip. It didn't work.

"...You see, you....Use different moves when you're fighting...Half a dozen people than when you only have....To be worried....About....One."

And with that, he fell into unconsciousness, though the Man in Black would keep his grip for a few moments to be sure before he let go and rolled the other over, checking his pulse thoughtfully before he spoke in sympathy.

"I don't envy your headache when you wake up. In the meantime sleep well....And dream of large women."

About to leave, he paused and added as an afterthought.

"Or women in general."

And retrieving his equipment, he ran off hot on the trail....One more to go.

Meanwhile however.....

Back at the edge of the Cliffs of Insanity, Prince Micheal would be examining the footprints slowly as Raziel watched him. His soldiers, quiet and in awe as they saw what the Prince was doing, that master of Hunters. So good was he, that he could hunt a falcon on the wing as easily as a tiger in its jungle or a shark in its element.

He was that good. He should be, hunting and all it entailed being his chiefest interest in life. And as he examined the tracks, he began to dart back and forth, emulating the movements of the owners of the footprints as he spoke with assurance.

"There was a mighty duel here....It ranged all over this area....Both of them were masters of the sword...And possibly more."

Interested despite himself, Raziel would ask.

"So who won? Can you tell?"

As he knelt, he rubbed his chin and answered.

"The loser lay here before running off....The other ran in the direction of Guilder."

Not even questioning the validity, Raziel spoke.

"Shall we send soldiers to chase the other?"

Prince Micheal shook his head.

"No. The loser doesn't matter one whit. It is the princess my friend that demands our full attention. It is clear that this is a Guilder operation. We must be wary."

The soldiers, most of whom trained with Vin before and cherished her as their queen already hardened their gazes at the news. If Guilder was responsible, they for one to a man would certainly have something to say about it.

Raziel would be the voice of reason as he watched his prince mount his horse.

"It could be a trap my lord."

Prince Micheal would glance at him and smile grimly.

"I always think everything is a trap....Its why I'm still alive."

Guest tomisntblue
So just something to tide us all over. Also....

Still waiting on some of you others to try your hand at this. ;)

I'll try to make time for mine tomorrow, I have a couple ideas what I wanna do.

As for this new chapter, I think it goes without saying, it was great!