The Xenomorph Queen: 5

Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

So who have YOU added?

Guest Adam Safran
I forgot about Scourge, he was awesome, nice add.

'

I'd throw in G1 Scourge and maybe Cyclonus.. But am also tempted to do generics like the Sweeps and Seekers/Skyraiders. But eh, not such a huge fan fo them, and a lot of other chars I'd wnat to add. So fi you want could add them yourself or help me find pics and links for them or convince me if you have a cool match idea for 'em.

Guest Adam Safran

Also apparently Hasbro is having problems with tehir site at the moment and I've had a few TF chars denied. So should I go ahead and resubmit them later when the site is more stable or can the admins look them over when the site is up? Do I have to find new pics for them and such, and go through the entire resubmission process or what? Cool then, thanks!

Guest Adam Safran

Got Nemesis Prime put in. Waiting for feedback on Scourge (RiD) and a efw others. Hopefully sono I'll have all the G1 non-Japanese cityformers in.. And then there'll be a royal rumble!

Guest Adam Safran

Dejah Thoris and Queen Tyr'ahnee purely so they can have a fistfight for rightful queen of mars.

Guest KevinDWolf93
Cole(inFamous)

Alex Mercer(Prototype)

ok cool, I posted awhile back if anyone did that already. Also is anyone going to do matt hazard from eat lead, if not I will.

Also I had to redo wolf-man, but Im really waiting for the professor so I can do a match, I had on old cbub.

Guest Bloody Freak

Robert Neville accepted.

Captain John H. Miller (Saving Private Ryan.) Waiting approval.

Benjamin Martin (The Patriot.) Waiting approval.

Robert Neville accepted.

I also added up the DarkSeeker from I am Legend. Look around, infact on the first page of this thread, there is a link to his stats page on my list. Check it out.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest Adam Safran
I also added up the DarkSeeker from I am Legend. Look around, infact on the first page of this thread, there is a link to his stats page on my list. Check it out.

-Rakai'Thwei

Surprised someone hasn't added Hancock yet. Or is that one of those charnames that sets off a database alert?

I look forward to seeing Wolf Predator, Scar Predator and Scarface Predator to be added up onto the Database. This way I could actually continue my own arc without having to worry about getting to use a Predator before someone beats me to the punch.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest chakos
I look forward to seeing Wolf Predator, Scar Predator and Scarface Predator to be added up onto the Database. This way I could actually continue my own arc without having to worry about getting to use a Predator before someone beats me to the punch.

-Rakai'Thwei

And thats the reason I haven't approved them yet. I'm uncomfortable adding obscure characters or quasi-copies of other characters (ie, there are no real differences between those predators. its like having Goku, (DBZ) Goku (Budokai Tenkaichi 3), Goku (DB)) just so you can have a pet copy of your character available... This was a problem we ran into at the old CBUB; people complaining/whining/voting against/rating down when 'their' character got used by someone else. I've got no problem with anyone running 'arcs' on the CBUB, sometimes they're kinda cool, but hey, someone elsemay want to make a fight using the predator at some point. People don't 'own' the characters or their record sheets for use in an exclusive arc. With the new site, you're welcome to use the blog system to keep track of your arcs and the applicable wins/loses. You can use the CBUB Rumbles board with a poll to run a match if the character you want to use in your arc is already in a fight. We shouldn't have to keep what amounts to multiple copies of one (often popular: ie Goku, Superman) character in the DB because other creators have to fight someone for it.

Sorry, this "my arc = my character" thing is my biggest pet peeve on the CBUB :angry: It caused no end of problems on the old site. Use the alternative methods to run your arcs mentioned above, or run a couple of arcs at once (in case 1 of your characters get used by someone else) so that other players can use certain characters. Share and share alike! -_-

Of course, as far as rules of behavior/char acceptance goes, serge and Landon have much more weight than me. But as far as my approvals go, I'm against these kind of fluff copies!

Thanks for reading! -_-

Guest MarvelFan15
And thats the reason I haven't approved them yet. I'm uncomfortable adding obscure characters or quasi-copies of other characters (ie, there are no real differences between those predators. its like having Goku, (DBZ) Goku (Budokai Tenkaichi 3), Goku (DB)) just so you can have a pet copy of your character available... This was a problem we ran into at the old CBUB; people complaining/whining/voting against/rating down when 'their' character got used by someone else. I've got no problem with anyone running 'arcs' on the CBUB, sometimes they're kinda cool, but hey, someone elsemay want to make a fight using the predator at some point. People don't 'own' the characters or their record sheets for use in an exclusive arc. With the new site, you're welcome to use the blog system to keep track of your arcs and the applicable wins/loses. You can use the CBUB Rumbles board with a poll to run a match if the character you want to use in your arc is already in a fight. We shouldn't have to keep what amounts to multiple copies of one (often popular: ie Goku, Superman) character in the DB because other creators have to fight someone for it.

Sorry, this "my arc = my character" thing is my biggest pet peeve on the CBUB -_- It caused no end of problems on the old site. Use the alternative methods to run your arcs mentioned above, or run a couple of arcs at once (in case 1 of your characters get used by someone else) so that other players can use certain characters. Share and share alike! -_-

Of course, as far as rules of behavior/char acceptance goes, serge and Landon have much more weight than me. But as far as my approvals go, I'm against these kind of fluff copies!

Thanks for reading! :angry:

Wow! :blink:

Well said, chakos!

Guest Adam Safran

My take no that chakos is if characters really are quantifiably different and unique from one another, there's no reason not to have multipel versions of them. Ie, Superman, Superman-Prime, Pre-Crisis Superman, etc. Plus it gives the opportunity for character rumble royals and such to determine who i the best of a particular variation, etc. For the Predators.. different Predators of different levels/strengths have entirely different feats. It's basically like saying 'oh, we have a generic character, so we're not going to have the individuals or reknown ones of his kind' - ie, having Daxamites as a species, or Skrulls, but not ones like MOn-El, or the Super Skrull. Predator is the name of a species - and we're allowed to have specific member sof that species. -_- Ie, just as we have a generic represenattive doesn't mean we can't have specific ones now.

My take no that chakos is if characters really are quantifiably different and unique from one another, there's no reason not to have multipel versions of them. Ie, Superman, Superman-Prime, Pre-Crisis Superman, etc. Plus it gives the opportunity for character rumble royals and such to determine who i the best of a particular variation, etc. For the Predators.. different Predators of different levels/strengths have entirely different feats. It's basically like saying 'oh, we have a generic character, so we're not going to have the individuals or reknown ones of his kind' - ie, having Daxamites as a species, or Skrulls, but not ones like MOn-El, or the Super Skrull. Predator is the name of a species - and we're allowed to have specific member sof that species. -_- Ie, just as we have a generic represenattive doesn't mean we can't have specific ones now.

Safran here basically stole the words which I was about to type, but I feel as if he got a point across.

I also feel that each and every individual Yautja has their own notable feats, personalities and weapons-- which is why I also wanted to bring Scar, Wolf and Scarface here as well. I personally feel that rather than grouping these individual Yautja with just the original Predator wouldn't do them justice and I believe Safran has gotten the point across.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest Adam Safran
Safran here basically stole the words which I was about to type, but I feel as if he got a point across.

I also feel that each and every individual Yautja has their own notable feats, personalities and weapons-- which is why I also wanted to bring Scar, Wolf and Scarface here as well. I personally feel that rather than grouping these individual Yautja with just the original Predator wouldn't do them justice and I believe Safran has gotten the point across.

-Rakai'Thwei

"The Predator" is a generic representative of an entire species. Sure, they're primarily used more as antagonists than primarliy characters, but many of them are quite individualized with tehir own ongoing storylines. They're much more than just generic cannon fodder -s o I feel it's legitimate to give them the right to individual representation as characters. i agree on the part that having multiple chars for the sake of ownership and doing ongoing storylines an that peopl feel they 'own' is legitimate, Chakos, but that at the same time that characters who individually show distinction from any genre are worthy of represetnation. As such.. Why would we treat Preds under any different representation than we would characters from any other setting? Do they have things that justify treating them separately from other characters in other categories and giving them different criteriaf or inclusion? I'm not saying that they don't, but I'm saying that in general for such things you need a very, very convincing argument and have to apply it across the board to other groups where it's appropriate.

Guest chakos
"The Predator" is a generic representative of an entire species. Sure, they're primarily used more as antagonists than primarliy characters, but many of them are quite individualized with tehir own ongoing storylines. They're much more than just generic cannon fodder -s o I feel it's legitimate to give them the right to individual representation as characters. i agree on the part that having multiple chars for the sake of ownership and doing ongoing storylines an that peopl feel they 'own' is legitimate, Chakos, but that at the same time that characters who individually show distinction from any genre are worthy of represetnation. As such.. Why would we treat Preds under any different representation than we would characters from any other setting? Do they have things that justify treating them separately from other characters in other categories and giving them different criteriaf or inclusion? I'm not saying that they don't, but I'm saying that in general for such things you need a very, very convincing argument and have to apply it across the board to other groups where it's appropriate.

Oh that's certainly true; its a good reason for having multiple administrators approving stuff. Rather than one person getting to embrace their inner facist, as long as its not obviously poor or against the rules we leave it in the review bin for someone else to make the call on. As I've mentioned before I am not the only admin nor nearly the one with the most weight (mostly cause I deny rather than fix! -_- ). Just wanted to share my thoughts. Regardless of everything else, i'll freely rant about my opinion; this is the CBUB afterall! -_-

Guest Adam Safran

No problem Chakos. Entirely free to rant. i mean, look at me and nay thread where people are tossing around feat quantification and PIS. You're safe! -_- No reason that we can't respond to your rant with another rant or a counter-argument. I mean, given the board has had no real mega threads yet (Hundred+ post fights), we're having to debate on otehr things.. In this case,d ebating over characters to include and such seems just as interseting as any of the fights, and people actually disagree, which there's been no strong argumetns yet on any of the fights. -_-

Guest vycesyn

The Lone Gunmen-Approved

Thanks for that by the way administration.I was going to originally add them in the other one but I was a little to late for adding.Great series for conspiracy buffs like me and i see a couple of potential interesting matches to do with them.

Guest Adam Safran
The Lone Gunmen-Approved

Thanks for that by the way administration.I was going to originally add them in the other one but I was a little to late for adding.Great series for conspiracy buffs like me and i see a couple of potential interesting matches to do with them.

... I'm tempted to do a series of them teaming up with some 'actualized' cheesecake computer women just to play up how the ubernerds interact.. God I miss that show!

Guest KevinDWolf93

Damn, had to redo wolfman and the mechanic. I made sure I fixed it this time.(for whoever fixed it yeah I know I put the wiki spot somewhere else)

I also added Rick Miller(original time crisis hero) and alex o connel from mummy 2 and 3.

But somethings tellling me the admins are getting bored cause they put smiley faces on my failures.......Oh well my fault I guess. Hope I fixed the problems., and amused you guys

Guest vycesyn
... I'm tempted to do a series of them teaming up with some 'actualized' cheesecake computer women just to play up how the ubernerds interact.. God I miss that show!

I do as well and it was a shame how they killed them off although they did go out somewhat noble-like.

As far as using them there is just so many ways.When i get into a conversation about them it seems a lot of times they are more underrated then they should be.

Can't wait to see what you do with them! Mine will come soon enough as well...