Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Deadliest Warriors:Predators(Yautja) vs Elites(Sangheili)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Sangheili culture also seems to be based of off the Yautja alien species from the film series Predator. Anatomically the two share similarities as well, such as the split mouth and reptilian appearance. Both species also have a very defined sense of honor and respect to their enemies as well. Also, they both use an optical camouflage system."

Aside from that bit of Fan Speculation they have no other real connection to each other. The Sangheili weren't really inspired by them or anything, Bungie has never stated any connection. If anything the Design of the Sangheili just evolved that way accidentally through the creative process...

Early_Elite_Study.jpg

E32000.png

ReachSangheili.png

As for the Cultural correlations, I'm sure that that drew no Inspiration from them either, as I'm guessing that the relative obscurity of the Predator Mythos past the films wouldn't have been even seen by anyone from Bungie.

Guest Red Blue Blur

The Elites die after a hard fight because they are scavengers and while yes they are very tough warriors they still die against highly trained marines. Preds have been shown to run through special ops soldiers and aliens alike as an unblooded. Then add in an Elder and its a no contest. Also the training is very interesting. For all purposes it seems that Elites have about the same lifespan as a human. Therefore they have nowhere near the training as some of the preds in this match. The unblooded and the high ranking Elites are probably around the same age and have been training for the same amount of time. Also the preds not only train together but they are in essence a family. They know each others tactics, strenghts, and weaknesses. In a group they work like a well oiled machine. Thats one reason you never really see more than one in a hunt unless they are hunting dozens of beings. Also the plasma grade armor will block plasma style weapons. The plasma grade weapons will resist the plasma of the elite weapons and allow them to cut straight through weapons like the energy sword.

Preds win this in the end.

Guest He who fights monsters

I see the Sangheili as derivative from the Yautja and the Flood as derivative from the Xenomorphs.

Predators win due to the equipment of the seasoned Yautja. If anyone played AvP: Extinction, the wrath of the military Predators would be CLEAR!

The Elites die after a hard fight because they are scavengers

Well, technically I think they're Carnivorous, and presuming on their Martial standing they may have been Hunters rather than Scavengers.

and while yes they are very tough warriors they still die against highly trained marines.

Actually they usually rip right through those Highly Trained Marines, who are probably far better equipped for their work than the Marines that Predators usually have to go against.

Preds have been shown to run through special ops soldiers and aliens alike as an unblooded.

Yeah, usually because those Spec Opps Soldiers don't know what they're actually facing until they're almost all dead.

That's the Advantage of hunting prey that has no concept that you exist and your weapons, armour and stealth tech are better...

Here I would think that Elites would be unperturbed by the existence of other Aliens, and would have encountered similar levels of technology in other races that they have defeated or even splinter factions such as the Heretics.

Then add in an Elder and its a no contest.

How so?

I don't believe that they are any better than Highly skilled fighters of their race, much like any High Ranking Elite.

I would think that a Field Marshal or a Councilor would be a Good Match for them in skill and Power.

Also the training is very interesting. For all purposes it seems that Elites have about the same lifespan as a human. Therefore they have nowhere near the training as some of the preds in this match.

Actually their lifespan has never been discussed to my knowledge. But due to their Saurian and Alien Biology they could theoretically live a Really long time.

The unblooded and the high ranking Elites are probably around the same age

And that is speculation.

However even if they were the same age, Elites tend to cram alot more combat into their lifetime through Active WAR, rather than the sporadic Hunt.

As well, if a High Ranking Elite were that young then it could be presumed that such an Elite was one talented motha'*vulgarity*a

Also the preds not only train together but they are in essence a family. They know each others tactics, strenghts, and weaknesses. In a group they work like a well oiled machine.

And how is this different to Intense Military Training that develops Extremely close knit units of Special Opps? That's basically what Elites are, except due to the fact that their whole race is like that there's alot more of them.

Also the plasma grade armor will block plasma style weapons.

According to Rekai, there is no such thing as Plasma Grade Dlex

The plasma grade weapons will resist the plasma of the elite weapons and allow them to cut straight through weapons like the energy sword.

Actually, while their weapons (Only Plasma Grade) could resist the several thousand degrees of heat in the Covenant Plasma Weapons, I'm sure that concentrated fire could cut through them.

As for Their weapons cutting though Plasma Swords, No, they wouldn't. Either the Material gets cut by the plasma held in the blade, or the sword blocks the material from passing through the blade.

I see the Sangheili as derivative from the Yautja and the Flood as derivative from the Xenomorphs.

Yeah, what you see is only what you want to see.

Predators haven't cornered the Market on multiple Mandibles or Cloaks.

And How the *vulgarity* are the Flood in anyway Xenomorphs?

WTF are you smoking man?

Predators win due to the equipment of the seasoned Yautja. If anyone played AvP: Extinction, the wrath of the military Predators would be CLEAR!

And that equipment is no better than Elites equipment.

I do know that a Yautja's life span is 2,500 years... That's the life span. However most Yautja don't make it past 400 to maybe 600 years of age.. And Yautja age MUCH slower than human beings. And even though Yautja age slower than humans, even then when they are old, they don't show any signs of being decrepit or dementia for that matter. There were two noted Yautja in this age range... Lefty and an un-named Ancient.

What's the life span and age rate for an Elite?

-Rakai'Thwei

I do know that a Yautja's life span is 2,500 years... That's the life span. However most Yautja don't make it past 400 to maybe 600 years of age.. And Yautja age MUCH slower than human beings. And even though Yautja age slower than humans, even then when they are old, they don't show any signs of being decrepit or dementia for that matter. There were two noted Yautja in this age range... Lefty and an un-named Ancient.

What's the life span and age rate for an Elite?

-Rakai'Thwei

Hmm... Well, there is nothing Official ever stated about their Lifespan... The only real thing I've seen on their lifespan presumed that they live 1500 years on Average.

Guest ricrery

Just a quick heads up for those unaware of Elite firepower, here is a page that contains info on their plasma rifle. It says that they generate 100-150 kilovolts at 2-3 deciamperes, or 20-45 kilowatts. At 9 bolts a second, that puts the yield of a single bolt at 5 kilojoules. Now it should cause burns and boil away skin, but I think it might cauterize the wounds themselves.

Just a quick heads up for those unaware of Elite firepower, here is a page that contains info on their plasma rifle. It says that they generate 100-150 kilovolts at 2-3 deciamperes, or 20-45 kilowatts. At 9 bolts a second, that puts the yield of a single bolt at 5 kilojoules. Now it should cause burns and boil away skin, but I think it might cauterize the wounds themselves.

True it does say that, however I believe that the numbers are either off or they somehow make better use of that power.

As we've seen a Plasma Pistol (which has an equivalent power output to the Plasma Rifle) literally Melt the Head off of an Armoured Elite Ranger in the Novel with a single shot. Much like how the heads of random people were melted off in AvP:R by the Predators Plasma Caster.

Also there is a quote somewhere from the developers in bungie that were going to be working on the Halo Move, where they said that in Movie Format they could finally show off how deadly those weapons actually are.

To me that would seem as though Covenant Plasma Weapons are at least on par with highest shown (in the movies) power output for Predator Plasma Casters. However with the fact that their weapons are disposable and fully automatic, I would think they beat standard Plasma Casters easily.

That said, alot of their other weaponry would also be as good or better than Predator weapons. Their Blades are Energy and like lightsabers. Their weapons are as powerful and have better rates of fire, as well as more of them.

If picking between throwing a Disk or Spear, and firing a Depleted Uranium Slug at Ultra High velocity, at a target, or multiple slugs then I would pick the DU Slugs over Disk or Spear. Especially since the high Powered shot from such a rifle would probably penetrate a decent amount of armour, rip through the exposed sections, and probably ricochet off the inside of their targets armour.

Or how about the Homing shards of Vibro Crystal... Needlers are devastating weapons if you look at what it does exactly. The Shards do travel slowly, deceptively slowly for targets who haven't seen such a weapon before. However they home, and there are alot of the. The fact that they effortlessly slide through armour and flesh and into bone is a wonder of however they were created. And then they explode throwing a shower of micro shrapnel all throughout the wound, and that's not even with a Super Combine, which usually rends targets to chunky salsa.

As for the Fuel Rod Cannon, well that not only fire a blast hot enough to burn through Mjolnir and it's shielding, but enough to then go on to cause body wide 3rd and 4th degree burns to the same Spartan. Kelly got hit like that and it was only because she got Extensive Medical Treatment within 30min that she survived. Even then she was our of action for awhile, while she had to have most of her organs replaced with cloned ones, and most of her skin replaced.

Edit: Wait, I think that was just from Splash Damage and wasn't even a direct hit.

Guest ricrery
As we've seen a Plasma Pistol (which has an equivalent power output to the Plasma Rifle) literally Melt the Head off of an Armoured Elite Ranger in the Novel with a single shot. Much like how the heads of random people were melted off in AvP:R by the Predators Plasma Caster.

1 ) The plasma pistol is not that much like the rifle.

A ) The plasma rifle fires bolts at a high rate of fire, but the plasma pistol fires bolts of varying output in short bursts. Therefor, several bolts from a plasma rifle could probably be required to demonstrate the firepower of that one pistol.

B ) Their varying outputs are significant. The Bungie Site says that they have outputs of of 100-150 kilovolts to 1.5 megavolts at 2-3 deciamperes at its highest charge. If they can charge it up that much, it shouldn't be a surprise that they can melt heads away.

C ) Besides that, they both generate the same output per second, but the rifle seems to do it via lots of weaker bolts, and the pistol does it with less but stronger bolts.

2 ) Their heads weren't melted off, but blown up.

Also there is a quote somewhere from the developers in bungie that were going to be working on the Halo Move, where they said that in Movie Format they could finally show off how deadly those weapons actually are.

Well, 20 to 450 kilojoules is nothing to scoff at.

To me that would seem as though Covenant Plasma Weapons are at least on par with highest shown (in the movies) power output for Predator Plasma Casters. However with the fact that their weapons are disposable and fully automatic, I would think they beat standard Plasma Casters easily.

Except that we don't know enough on casters, and the few feats of power have them ravaging vests, blowing up heads, and mutilating Xenomorph bodies.

That said, alot of their other weaponry would also be as good or better than Predator weapons. Their Blades are Energy and like lightsabers. Their weapons are as powerful and have better rates of fire, as well as more of them.

Really? More of them?

If picking between throwing a Disk or Spear, and firing a Depleted Uranium Slug at Ultra High velocity, at a target, or multiple slugs then I would pick the DU Slugs over Disk or Spear.

Which they don't have. Their weapons are mostly plasma based, with a few exceptions (coming from a race that the Elites loathe, no less). Their other rifle has 24 kilojoules of kinetic energy.

Guest ricrery
Especially since the high Powered shot from such a rifle would probably penetrate a decent amount of armour, rip through the exposed sections, and probably ricochet off the inside of their targets armour.

And do they ever split a grown man in half from the torso, continue on their trail, and be controlled by the attacker? Heck, bullets seem mildly irritating to Predators, yet their disk can sever off their limbs.

Or how about the Homing shards of Vibro Crystal... Needlers are devastating weapons if you look at what it does exactly. The Shards do travel slowly, deceptively slowly for targets who haven't seen such a weapon before. However they home, and there are alot of the. The fact that they effortlessly slide through armour and flesh and into bone is a wonder of however they were created. And then they explode throwing a shower of micro shrapnel all throughout the wound, and that's not even with a Super Combine, which usually rends targets to chunky salsa.

This would be a problem if the Predator wouldn't just evade the needler rounds, which wouldn't be too hard.

As for the Fuel Rod Cannon, well that not only fire a blast hot enough to burn through Mjolnir and it's shielding, but enough to then go on to cause body wide 3rd and 4th degree burns to the same Spartan. Kelly got hit like that and it was only because she got Extensive Medical Treatment within 30min that she survived. Even then she was our of action for awhile, while she had to have most of her organs replaced with cloned ones, and most of her skin replaced.

It's strange how the same didn't occur to Fred (or whoever) in Ghosts of Onyx.

1 ) The plasma pistol is not that much like the rifle.

A ) The plasma rifle fires bolts at a high rate of fire, but the plasma pistol fires bolts of varying output in short bursts. Therefor, several bolts from a plasma rifle could probably be required to demonstrate the firepower of that one pistol.

B ) Their varying outputs are significant. The Bungie Site says that they have outputs of of 100-150 kilovolts to 1.5 megavolts at 2-3 deciamperes at its highest charge. If they can charge it up that much, it shouldn't be a surprise that they can melt heads away.

C ) Besides that, they both generate the same output per second, but the rifle seems to do it via lots of weaker bolts, and the pistol does it with less but stronger bolts.

2 ) Their heads weren't melted off, but blown up.

1) I was never stating that they wre Exatly the same.

a) The Fact remains that the shot that hit the Rangers head and melted it off wasn't a charged shot.

B)

Plasma Pistol (Uncharged Shot)

100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA @ High Rate of Fire for Semi-Auto (I have seen shots per minute equivalent to Rifle)

Plasma Rifle

100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA @ 360~540 rounds per minute

Not so different in power per shot now, eh?

2) Page 315 The Fall of Reach ~ At this point the Ranger and the Chief had already depleted their shields.

"The Master Chief pushed away and fired the pistol again.

the bolt of fire caught the Elite in the face.

It writhed and clawed at nothing. The Elite shuddered..."

Shot it in the face, an autonomic reaction was for it to cover it's face, but there was nothing there. It melted off his head, it didn't explode his head, it just simply melted it away. The fact that there was Clawing at Nothing rather than a Fused mass of flesh or chard remains, or anything else means that simply there was Nothing There, no face, no helmet, no head.

One uncharged shot from the Plasma Pistol Melted away the Rangers head.

Except that we don't know enough on casters, and the few feats of power have them ravaging vests, blowing up heads, and mutilating Xenomorph bodies.

Well, Xenomorphs were designed to kinda Explode when cracked open, that's why it like almost anything mutilates Xenomorphs...

As for the Metling of heads, that was an easy average showing, as other shots seem to do little more damage than what we see Blaster Bolts doing in Star Wars (Probably low powered shots) as seen in earlier films... while there have been a very few showings of it blowing people up (Probably high powered shots, or even an Omnicaster on high) as seen in the most recent film where it's used on Noland.

Really? More of them?

Plasma Weapons in the Covenant seem to be disposable weapons... Not only that but you can clearly see Elites Duel Wielding them.

Compare this to Plasma Casters... they seem to be more the Honored Weapon type of gun, and it's rare that you ever see a Predator duel wielding them, with the Only showing being that one Predator from AvP:R.

This leads me to think that Elites would bring plenty of extra Plasma Weapons wherever they go, while Predator only bring One Plasma Caster per Hunter wherever they go.

Which they don't have. Their weapons are mostly plasma based, with a few exceptions (coming from a race that the Elites loathe, no less). Their other rifle has 24 kilojoules of kinetic energy.

The Carbine fires a 8.7 x 60mm caseless radioactive projectile at 700m/s, it's an Elite Weapon.

Presumably the Projectile would belong to the actinide group of elements. Presumably it would have a High Density as it's being used as a Projectile to defeat Armoured Opponents.

Using Depleted Uraniums density of 19.1g/cm3 and using the measurements for the round, and it's rated speed we end up with a total KE of 16,690 Joules per shot.

Compare this to the Nearly 1800 joules of Modern Assault Rifles, which have Hurt a Predator before then you'll see.

And do they ever split a grown man in half from the torso, continue on their trail, and be controlled by the attacker? Heck, bullets seem mildly irritating to Predators, yet their disk can sever off their limbs.

I'd rather a Bullet because I can fire multiple of them in a single setting, I don't have to wait for my One Bullet to fly through the air at 40 ~ 60 m/s hit it's targets and then return to me.

I can Shoot something with my Radioactive Bullet multiple times with it's 700m/s Muzzle Velocity and Large Clip Size. The Rounds have enough Ke to rip through any armour today since they have MORE Ke than even the .50 BGM Heavy Machinegun Round. The Rounds that are super Dense and maybe even pyrophoric, meaning that when it shatters it creates a micro explosion.

Besides, the Elites won't be being cut in half...

1) They know how to GTFO of the way of things flying at them, being able to dodge Warthogs gunning it at them, dodge Grenades and even slower firing guns.

2) Their Shields would deflect the disks, easily.

3) I think that a round that can rip right through them exploding while it does so and also poisoning them with Radiation would be more than Mildly Irritating to them.

This would be a problem if the Predator wouldn't just evade the needler rounds, which wouldn't be too hard.

True, the gun faces the same problem in all the games... yet it still is a decent weapon.

It's more of an Area Denial Weapon as it likes to spread it's shots out when not targeted and will home if targeted. If an Elite with a Needler forces a Predator into a choke point then there is going to be no dodging for the predator.

It's strange how the same didn't occur to Fred (or whoever) in Ghosts of Onyx.

Mind giving a Page Number?

Guest ricrery
1) I was never stating that they wre Exatly the same.

a) The Fact remains that the shot that hit the Rangers head and melted it off wasn't a charged shot.

:)

Plasma Pistol (Uncharged Shot)

100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA @ High Rate of Fire for Semi-Auto (I have seen shots per minute equivalent to Rifle)

Plasma Rifle

100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA @ 360~540 rounds per minute

Not so different in power per shot now, eh?

2) Page 315 The Fall of Reach ~ At this point the Ranger and the Chief had already depleted their shields.

"The Master Chief pushed away and fired the pistol again.

the bolt of fire caught the Elite in the face.

It writhed and clawed at nothing. The Elite shuddered..."

Shot it in the face, an autonomic reaction was for it to cover it's face, but there was nothing there. It melted off his head, it didn't explode his head, it just simply melted it away. The fact that there was Clawing at Nothing rather than a Fused mass of flesh or chard remains, or anything else means that simply there was Nothing There, no face, no helmet, no head.

One uncharged shot from the Plasma Pistol Melted away the Rangers head.

1 ) Alright.

A ) Which comes in direct conflict with Bungie's own word.

B ) Except that going from game mechanics, the rifle fires faster.

2 ) I was talking about the AVP:R.

Plasma Weapons in the Covenant seem to be disposable weapons... Not only that but you can clearly see Elites Duel Wielding them.

Compare this to Plasma Casters... they seem to be more the Honored Weapon type of gun, and it's rare that you ever see a Predator duel wielding them, with the Only showing being that one Predator from AvP:R.

This leads me to think that Elites would bring plenty of extra Plasma Weapons wherever they go, while Predator only bring One Plasma Caster per Hunter wherever they go.

Several plasma weapons in the Covenant also seem inferior to the Predator's own caster as well.

supports this as well. In that scene, needlers don't blow up heads or holes in torsos, which the EU says they do.

Compare this to the Nearly 1800 joules of Modern Assault Rifles, which have Hurt a Predator before then you'll see.

And when have assault rifles or pistols ever hurt a Predator?

Guest ricrery
I'd rather a Bullet because I can fire multiple of them in a single setting, I don't have to wait for my One Bullet to fly through the air at 40 ~ 60 m/s hit it's targets and then return to me.

I can Shoot something with my Radioactive Bullet multiple times with it's 700m/s Muzzle Velocity and Large Clip Size. The Rounds have enough Ke to rip through any armour today since they have MORE Ke than even the .50 BGM Heavy Machinegun Round. The Rounds that are super Dense and maybe even pyrophoric, meaning that when it shatters it creates a micro explosion.

Besides, the Elites won't be being cut in half...

1) They know how to GTFO of the way of things flying at them, being able to dodge Warthogs gunning it at them, dodge Grenades and even slower firing guns.

2) Their Shields would deflect the disks, easily.

3) I think that a round that can rip right through them exploding while it does so and also poisoning them with Radiation would be more than Mildly Irritating to them.

1) And would they if they aren't even aware of where there enemy is?

2) Why would they throw it before firing other weapons to take out the shield?

3) And do you know the composition of the Carbine? 8mm x 60 caseless (composition unknown)

There is no proof they have DU rounds at all.

True, the gun faces the same problem in all the games... yet it still is a decent weapon.

I retract my statement, the needler wouldn't even be much of a threat in the first place.

Mind giving a Page Number?

Pages 307 to 308.

One Hunter eased its fuel-rod cannon around the edge of its impenetrable shields-green energized rounds glowing with deadly radiation-and fired.

Fred jumped from cover, his MJOLNIR armor ablaze as if it was burning phosphorus.

The Hunter hit him dead center in his chest, a blast that would have destroyed their dropship. His energy shields flared brighter, failed, and Fred crumpled to the floor of his armor smoking.

Most important, what about the environment that they are fighting in?

The congo is really really hot, and the Predators hunt better in really hot places and the will find the Elites better because of there heats, wouldnt that help?

Just pointing that out.

True, IR in Hot Humid Jungle conditions was found to actually Not work... It's another Fallacy like the Mud Trick.

When Filming Predator, they actually had an IR camera to try and make the Predator's vision authentic, however they couldn't see ANYTHING with it, because of the ambient heat and humidity blocking its sight like a Thick soupy fog of heat.

If we're going by Reality, then technically preds shouldn't be able to use IR in the Jungle.

Not only that, but the Elite homeworld has a Temperature range of -5C to 56C (23F to 132.8F) which would mean that what would be hot to us wouldn't be to them. Presumably they would have no problem with the Jungle Terrain.

Another thing to consider is that presumably Sangheilios is covered in jungles, as would make sense with it's hotter climate and seeing the various shots that we have seen from their planet.

1 ) Alright.

A ) Which comes in direct conflict with Bungie's own word.

B ) Except that going from game mechanics, the rifle fires faster.

2 ) I was talking about the AVP:R.

a) It doesn't, it just means that the figuring of their numbers are off. I'd rather see it in action than see specs of it. Both are valid though, so rather than a contradiction it's more like an anomaly. Perhaps when they did the math, they thought that the shots would have 100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA per shot, rather than per second. Figure the numbers behind that logic and ask do they now make a Feat such as melting the head off a target impossible...

B) Ok, Game Mechanics are non-Canon, and no... even then I've seen the PP fire at a similar rate to the PR. It's Semi, so you have to pull the trigger fast, but I have seen semi-auto volleys of PP rounds come at me about as fast as PR volleys. Meaning even though the PP is semi, it still can achieve a similar ROF to the PR.

Several plasma weapons in the Covenant also seem inferior to the Predator's own caster as well.

supports this as well. In that scene, needlers don't blow up heads or holes in torsos, which the EU says they do.

Halo Wars was... very off on all their representations or Halo... It wasn't Bungie that did the game and frankly Ensemble and Robot took alot of liberties that clash with pretty much ALL the canon before it.

Not only that but The Rule of Cool took more precedence then Canon... "These Bad guys don't look bad enough!" ~ "I know lets make them more Beefcake and spikier!"... "What do you mean these bad guys have a sense of Honour and Justice?! They're Bad Guys, they have to be Violent, and uncaring about even their own soldiers!"... "What do you mean we have to show that Shields Flair when bullets hit them? That's too hard to code into the movies, so everyone will be shooting blanks!"

And when have assault rifles or pistols ever hurt a Predator?

Assault Rifle, the reason I was referring to that was because it uses the 5.56mm NATO.

However, throughout the first movie almost all their guns used that seemed to hurt the Pred were 5.56mm NATO rounds.

The Minigun and all their AR-15's for example used 5.56mm NATO rounds, and after being hit with them the Pred was bleeding and had to use his med kit. But Still, this was in comparison to the Carbine, which has around 10x the amount of energy behind it's bullets than an AR-15 or Minigun.

Yes, even with a less dense material for it's rounds.

1) And would they if they aren't even aware of where there enemy is?

2) Why would they throw it before firing other weapons to take out the shield?

3) And do you know the composition of the Carbine? 8mm x 60 caseless (composition unknown)

There is no proof they have DU rounds at all.

1) Yes, it's called Motion Radar and Enhanced Vision.

2) IDK you tell me. The Fact remains that an Elite could dodge it, and seek cover for it's shields to recharge.

3) IDK the Composition, but based on similar practices, the Radioactive round couldn't really have a density less than 15 g/cm3, and Since we use DU the SAME WAY that they use the round of this gun, it makes sense that they would opt for a Higher Density Material... Similar High density radioactive materials tend to be Pyrophoric too.

I retract my statement, the needler wouldn't even be much of a threat in the first place.

No, it defiantly would be, especially to unshielded targets. Face it, the rounds home in on targets, the round cut through armour like butter, the rounds then explode inside their target throwing microsharpnel into the wound. If they're wounded by a Needler then the wound would continue to get worse as the microsharpnel continues to cut through muscel and tendon.

Besides, they work against Spartans apparently, so they're not that bad a weapon.

Pages 307 to 308.

One Hunter eased its fuel-rod cannon around the edge of its impenetrable shields-green energized rounds glowing with deadly radiation-and fired.

Fred jumped from cover, his MJOLNIR armor ablaze as if it was burning phosphorus.

The Hunter hit him dead center in his chest, a blast that would have destroyed their dropship. His energy shields flared brighter, failed, and Fred crumpled to the floor of his armor smoking.

Hmm, seeing as how it violates even the Games version of what would happen, as well as ALL OTHER SHOWINGS, then I believe that the Rule of Cool and Fred being Ultra Badass came into play and allowed him to live rather than be vaporized by the direct hit.

Guest Red Blue Blur

In Predator south china sea a single blast from a plasma caster destroyed a sniper tower in the Thai army fortress. This was also done to 4 other towers as well. This single predator that had only been on a few real hunts took out 150 thai soldiers using mortars, AA guns, M60's, AK-47s, AK-74s, grenades, and sniper rifles. He beat them and killed every one of them in one night.

Strategically he took out the towers first firing from different positions. Then he cut the power to the lights. Then he let the fear set in. Later he sent a ground glider full of explosives to blow a hole in one side of the fortress while he attacked the other side. He split the forces in half forcing them to come into confined spaces to find him. He cut them down methodically. The soldiers were ordered to retreat behind the inner wall for the time being. Then the pred gathered the heads of the dead and began throwing them over the wall and creating paranoia among the soldiers. Then just before dawn he came over the wall and destroyed the rest.

At the end of the night the pred has some cuts and just dents in his armor.

With this being a 9 on 9 fight the preds WILL WIN.

If this was an all out interstellar war than I would give it to the Elites but fighting in the jungle in a place where preds are used to fighting gives them the edge. Most Elites are war style fighters and not as comfotable at fighting in 1 on 1 style battles with foes who are equal in all ways but have more experience in this style fighting.

Guest ricrery
a) It doesn't, it just means that the figuring of their numbers are off. I'd rather see it in action than see specs of it. Both are valid though, so rather than a contradiction it's more like an anomaly. Perhaps when they did the math, they thought that the shots would have 100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA per shot, rather than per second. Figure the numbers behind that logic and ask do they now make a Feat such as melting the head off a target impossible...

:) Ok, Game Mechanics are non-Canon, and no... even then I've seen the PP fire at a similar rate to the PR. It's Semi, so you have to pull the trigger fast, but I have seen semi-auto volleys of PP rounds come at me about as fast as PR volleys. Meaning even though the PP is semi, it still can achieve a similar ROF to the PR.

A ) The thing is, we don't know the RPM of the pistol, while we do know the RPM of the rifle. The pistol could also have been charged up just a bit without the novel stating this. If they are just slower than the rifle, or the scene had a charged version, then there is no massive inconsistency here.

Halo Wars was... very off on all their representations or Halo... It wasn't Bungie that did the game and frankly Ensemble and Robot took alot of liberties that clash with pretty much ALL the canon before it.

Not only that but The Rule of Cool took more precedence then Canon... "These Bad guys don't look bad enough!" ~ "I know lets make them more Beefcake and spikier!"... "What do you mean these bad guys have a sense of Honour and Justice?! They're Bad Guys, they have to be Violent, and uncaring about even their own soldiers!"... "What do you mean we have to show that Shields Flair when bullets hit them? That's too hard to code into the movies, so everyone will be shooting blanks!"

Halo Wars may be the black sheep of the series, but it's still a high canon source, and their combat scenes with Covenant weapons fits well with Bungie's own numbers. I mean, they're fighting guys with 7.62mm NATO rounds at like 900 m/s, so either they are glass cannons who can't tank their own weapons, or they don't use weapons that much superior to the UNSC in the first place.