Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Match 20556 Forge vs. Cable

THE XAVIER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PART 4

TEAMS AND SET-UP

image.thumb.jpeg.b4801146ef65dcefa395b72ec1718efc.jpeg

Kitty Pryde, Forge, Longshot, Dazzler and Bishop met together on the basketball courts of the Xavier Institute of Higher Learning.

SHADOWCAT: I must admit this isn’t the team I would have thought I would have been on if you had asked me.

DAZZLER: Are you saying you don’t want to be teammates?

SHADOWCAT: No, not at all. I’m just saying we feel less connected than most of the other teams. You and Longshot together I would understand but all of us together…

LONGSHOT: Feels thrown together?

SHADOWCAT: I wouldn’t go that far. I just would have expected Forge to be on the X-Force team or the X-Factor team. Heck, I was a founding member of Excalibur so I would have assumed that I would be on that team or another X-Men team with Piotr and Kurt.

Forge smiled.

FORGE: Kitty, are you forgetting that we were all together when we first became X-Men?

SHADOWCAT: No, but that was a long time ago. And I don’t recall Bishop being around yet.

BISHOP: I definitely wasn’t.

FORGE: It is possible that it is a wider net than I am thinking that binds us all together.

SHADOWCAT: That’s kinda my point.

FORGE: Whatever the reason may be could soon be revealed to us.

BISHOP: I don’t care why we were all picked for the same team, I still aim to win.

SHADOWCAT: Oh, absolutely, don’t get me wrong, we are winning this thing.

?: Then you better hope that lucky charm mutant you are with has enough to go around.

The group of five were startled when they were suddenly joined by the black and white skinned mutant mercenary, Domino. Forge was happy to see his former teammate.

FORGE: Domino, I didn’t know you were here. It is always good to see you.

Domino stepped toward Longshot.

DOMINO: Well I wasn’t formally invited to be on the X-Force team, which is a shame, because I would have loved to go one on one with this guy and see whose luck would run out first. But Xavier must have known I would have found out that Cable and my former teammates were all here so that I would show up anyway. He reached out to me to help put this thing together.

DAZZLER: Just how many mutants are here right now?

DOMINO: A lot. Now follow me.

Forge, Shadowcat, Longshot, Bishop, and Dazzler followed Domino to the Danger Room.

DOMINO: I asked specifically to be involved in this matchup because I didn’t want you guys to have an unfair advantage with Longshot here giving you luck. I wanted to be around to counteract it.

FORGE: I don’t know if Longshot’s powers can assist other people in that way.

LONGSHOT: If anything, I have been guilty of siphoning other people’s luck away in a nearby radius but if I’m not actively doing anything that shouldn’t be the case.

FORGE: And don’t you have to be actively doing something yourself for your powers to activate, Domino?

DOMINO: Regardless I wanted to be here to offer support in any way I could and you’ll soon see why.

The group reached the entrance of the Danger Room. Waiting for them was the X-Force team of Cable, Feral, Shatterstar, Rictor, and Warpath

FORGE: My friends, it is great to see you all. How strange that members of our teams would be the first to fight.

DOMINO: Not just any members, Forge, it’s you…. versus Cable.

FORGE: What? Why would the leader of X-Force go first and why would I be picked to go against him?

Cable cocked his pulse rifle.

CABLE: We both love our armaments, don’t we? And there is no need to be modest here Forge? I know you have developed weapons with that brilliant inventing mind of yours to take me out if the need ever arises.

Forge smiled sheepishly.

FORGE: One must always be prepared.

DOMINO: Another reason why I wanted to be here for this fight. I would pick Cable against anyone in this room, the only one that would give me pause is you.

BISHOP: I take some offense to that.

LONGSHOT: Same here.

CABLE: Bishop, I initially thought it was going to be you. A battle of the future boys, but I’m not disappointed that it’s Forge. 

Cable looked back at Forge with a yellow spark in his eye.

CABLE: Are you ready?

FORGE: Give me a moment to make sure I have the proper equipment and I will be ready to go.

CABLE: Take all the time you need. I want a good challenge.

Bishop quietly leaned next to Forge.

BISHOP: I hope you aren’t planning to go easy on him because you were a part of that team for so long.

FORGE: Never. Going easy on Cable would automatically result in failure and it is as you and Kitty said, we are winning this thing.

Really enjoying this arc - a 5 from me! Looking forward to the next ones (and in case you're taking requests, Nightcrawler v Quicksilver could be fun 😁).

Agree with @leroypowell3, whilst Forge definitely is unappreciated and undersold given his range of talents, Cable is just too much, and above all is an accomplished fighter.

15 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Really enjoying this arc - a 5 from me! Looking forward to the next ones (and in case you're taking requests, Nightcrawler v Quicksilver could be fun 😁).

Thanks, glad you are liking it thus far. I have all the matches for this first part already mapped out but if both Kurt and Pietro emerge victorious, I agree that could be fun.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.60 - Pizza Guy
4.80 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Culwych1

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.40 Total Combined Score
23.40 / 5 = 4.68 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE