Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 20391 Mercy Graves vs. Kato

image.jpeg.fbd90cf086d3607af5f88e6f5d0efda9.jpeg

A sleek and imposing Imperial nicknamed “The Black Beauty”, prowled through the avenues of Metropolis like a shadow in the night. On the passenger’s side sat the enigmatic figure known as the Green Hornet, real name Britt Reid, owner and publisher of the Daily Sentinel newspaper. When not working at the Daily Sentinel, Reid fought crime by pretending to be a criminal to get on the inside. Beside him, in the driver's seat, was Kato, his faithful valet and partner in justice. Both men wore masks on their faces to help hide their identities.

As the Black Beauty cut through the neon-lit streets, the Green Hornet informed Kato of their mission. "The Daily Sentinel has been digging into LexCorp. Bruce Wayne had asked for my help. Something's rotten in Luthor's empire, and we aim to uncover it."

Kato nodded, his mind already calculating the possibilities. 

"Shouldn't this be a job for Superman?" he questioned.

The Green Hornet shook his head. "Superman's gaze may be fixed on the skies, but the streets are where the real battles are fought. We'll do what he can't."

They arrived at their destination, a sprawling shipping dock on the outskirts of the city. The Black Beauty slowed to a halt, and the two masked vigilantes stepped out into the night, their steps soundless against the pavement. They looked for a good vantage point amongst a group of shipping containers.

As they stepped up slowly to their target they began to get a vision of what was happening. A group of shadowy figures huddled around a collection of crates full of weapons being illegally smuggled in by LexCorp. Their whispers were barely audible

The Green Hornet motioned for Kato to stay low and to keep a lookout as he edged closer, his senses alert for any sign of trouble. But before The Green Hornet could make his move, a blur of movement caught him off guard.

"Looking for something?" a voice sneered from the shadows.

Out of the darkness stepped Mercy Graves, Lex’s valet and bodyguard. She wore a form fitting driver’s uniform and a confident smirk upon her face. She swiftly kicked the surprised Green Hornet across the face and put him on the ground.

“There seems to be more masked vigilantes popping up every week in this town,” she observed. “I warned Lex it was a mistake to do this here.” Mercy pulled out her gun to finish off the Green Hornet. “Oh well, it’s a good thing he has got me around to clean up the mess.”

Kato sprung into action and confronted Mercy before she could take a shot. He knocked the gun from her hand and stood between her and his fallen partner.

"Care to dance?" he challenged.

Mercy scoffed, “You think you can take me on, little driver? Don’t let the outfit fool you, I am way out of your league."

Kato merely smiled; his fists clenched in anticipation. "There's only one way to find out."

Why has nobody ever thought of this? Or have they?

Mercy is pretty tough as Luthor wouldn't have taken her in but all I've ever seen is her getting knocked out like a jobber. Kato would be closer to her level but she's still just a lady and Kato is a man so assuming level playing field, Kato would beat her with mild difficulty. She'll get a couple of shots but then he'll next level her and end it.

Isn't Mercy Graves also secretly an Amazon from Themyscira or is that just one incarnation of her that is?

If so, then Kato loses.... Badly.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Isn't Mercy Graves also secretly an Amazon from Themyscira or is that just one incarnation of her that is?

I know there are several versions of her, but I don't think I am familiar with that one. This is the original one from the Superman cartoon. I believe at one point she says she is loyal to Lex because he took her off the street and gave her a purpose.

23 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I know there are several versions of her, but I don't think I am familiar with that one. This is the original one from the Superman cartoon. I believe at one point she says she is loyal to Lex because he took her off the street and gave her a purpose.

That's the one I know and the one I'm going off of for my decision. In Young Justice she's a robot kind of like a mean Alisa (Tekken).

On 2/12/2024 at 8:09 PM, RakaiThwei said:

Mercy might be an Amazon but Kato is motherfucking Bruce Lee! Kato takes down even Amazon Mercy mid-diff. 

15 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Mercy might be an Amazon but Kato is motherfucking Bruce Lee! Kato takes down even Amazon Mercy mid-diff. 

I hope you're kidding!

I like Bruce Lee as much as anyone else but he's not defeating an Amazon, especially a warrior type Amazon considering they're superhuman.

And if we're counting actors as the characters, then John Cho from Harold and Kumar was also Kato.

EDIT:

Mercy Graves' Amazon heritage is confirmed for the Pre-52 incarnation of the character and if the information on the DC Database is correct, so is the DCAU version of Mercy Graves.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Mercy_Graves_(New_Earth)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Mercy_Graves_(DCAU)

So... there's a chance that Kato might be fighting an Amazon from Themyscira.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Amazons_of_Paradise_Island

And according to that information... they have similar powers to Wonder Woman but varying degrees as some Amazon's are Diplomats, Artists and Warrior types.

Good set-up as usual, Johnny. You've now managed to find an interesting valet vs. valet matchup. Intentional or not, it's also something of a callback to the Batman/Green Hornet crossover from the '60's: 

3 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Mercy Graves' Amazon heritage is confirmed for the Pre-52 incarnation of the character and if the information on the DC Database is correct, so is the DCAU version of Mercy Graves.

Eh, I'm personally a little wary of comics' canonicity to the DCAU, as most that are inspired by the DCAU tend to clash with the cartoons' continuity. Not sure about the Amazon thing being true in Mercy's case. 

If Mercy's her human self from the DCAU shows, then she probably puts up a good fight before Kato takes her down. 

On 2/14/2024 at 9:31 PM, RakaiThwei said:

I hope you're kidding!

I like Bruce Lee as much as anyone else but he's not defeating an Amazon, especially a warrior type Amazon considering they're superhuman.

And if we're counting actors as the characters, then John Cho from Harold and Kumar was also Kato.

EDIT:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Mercy_Graves_(New_Earth)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Amazons_of_Paradise_Island

And according to that information... they have similar powers to Wonder Woman but varying degrees as some Amazon's are Diplomats, Artists and Warrior types.

Bruce Lee killed motherfucking Chuck Norris! All your arguments are invalid.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
4.60 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.70 Total Combined Score
23.70 / 5 = 4.74 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE