Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 20382 Audrey 2 vs. Jolly Green Giant

image.jpeg.acc6c9c2acfbe1192432bc538cb7d4ee.jpeg

Bushroot vs. Amingo

Moss Man vs. Exdeath

At the “NATURE FIGHTS BACK: AN EARTH DAY FIGHTING TOURNAMENT”, put together by Harley Quinn as a present for Poison Ivy, the second match of the first round was drawing to a close. Exdeath smashed Moss Man to the ground with a Vacuum Wave gust of energy. Moss Man tried to slow down the onslaught by summoning vines to grab at Exdeath’s shiny blue armor. Exdeath made quick work of the vines with his Delta Attack energy beams that converged on them and incinerated every last vine in his vicinity. 

EXDEATH: Your feeble attempts to resist my ultimate power are in vain.

MOSS MAN: I may be struggling, but I will, like nature itself, endure.

Exdeath scoffed. He slashed violently at Moss Man with his sword. Moss Man struggled to heal himself from the cuts. Exdeath then created a swirling vortex in front of himself, his Black Hole, the swirling void sucked Moss Man into the abyss. The ending left the crowd speechless and Exdeath exited the main platform without another word. 

ANNOUNCER: And your winner is Exdeath! That certainly was a unique finish to the match. Don’t believe I’ve ever seen that before.

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy looked on with concern from the locker room hallway.

HARLEY QUINN: Did you see that, Red?

POISON IVY: I did.

HARLEY QUINN: Perhaps I should have made a rule making it illegal to banish your opponent. Didn’t occur to me, to be honest.

POISON IVY: Too late now. But we should definitely keep an eye on him.

As the shock of the previous match’s conclusion began to wear off, the massive forms of Groot and Treebeard lumbered to the center platform for their match. Rocket Raccoon accompanied Groot.

ROCKET: That guy in the armor looked pretty formidable, but you have to concentrate on this opponent first.

Groot grazed upon the visage of Treebeard.

GROOT: I am Groot.

ROCKET: What do you mean he reminds you of the elders of your world? There is no way this guy is a Flora Colossus, he isn’t even from our galaxy.

ROCKET: No, it wouldn’t be disrespectful to take him down, that’s why we’re here.

Groot stepped onto the platform and he and Treebeard moved toward one another, with Treebeard towering over the Guardian of the Galaxy.

TREEBEARD: Hoom, greetings, my friend Groot. I am known as Treebeard.

After exchanging their pleasantries, their battle began. Groot’s limbs crashed against Treebeard’s sturdy frame. Treebeard swung hard and pushed back Groot. Even from the early going it was clear that Groot was holding back. This infuriated Rocket.

ROCKET: Groot, you got to battle! We are in a fighting tournament, not a garden party.

Groot swung his limbs at Treebeard, but he was overpowered the gigantic Ent. He was receiving worse than he was giving out as he did not even try to avoid Treebeard’s slow, deliberate movements.

ROCKET: Groot, what are you doing?

Treebeard roots intertwined with Groots’s branches and with a mighty heave he  sent Groot sprawling. Groot did not return to his feet. Treebeard lurched over to him.

TREEBEARD: You fought with honor, young one. But I feel your heart was not in it. Still, it was fun.

Rocket Raccoon assisted Groot back to the locker room, cursing at him for giving a better effort.

Treebeard locked eyes with Exdeath as he exited the main platform. Exdeath stood silently with his arms folded.

TREEBEARD: I doubt I will experience the same enjoyment in the next round.

A cleaning crew quickly removed broken branches from the platform as the last two competitors for the first round made their way out. The Jolly Green Giant, too enormous for the locker room, made his way through an opening in the stadium.

POISON IVY: That platform isn’t strong enough to withstand that giant’s steps. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

The Jolly Green Giant, oblivious to the damage being caused around his feet, waved enthusiastically  to the crowd who responded with thunderous approval.

HARLEY QUINN: I guess we’re about to find out. But look, the crowd loves him.

His opponent, Audrey II, was wheeled out onto the field to the platform by diminutive botanist, Seymour. Audrey II successfully won over a decent percentage of the crowd with his show tune singing. The song he sang was sinister in nature as it detailed him making a massive meal out of the Jolly Green Giant, but it was undeniably catchy. Seymour silently hoped the Jolly Green Giant would smash Audrey under his giant foot but was unsure if the enormous mascot had the right demeanor to take advantage of his own incredible size advantage. Soon, they would all find out.

Well this is an interesting fight!

I would think that the Jolly Green Giant has his hands full here. He's dealt with plants but man eating plants from space?

Tough call.

Good set-up, Johnny. I have a feeling that this tourney may get away from Harley and Ivy sooner or later. :D 

As for the match, is this Audrey 2 from the movie or the original play? If it's play-Audrey, then this will probably be a stalemate initially until Audrey multiplies and grows enough to overwhelm the Giant (though that whole process could take a good while). If it's movie-Audrey, then the Jolly One should be able to squash Audrey before the latter can feed enough to grow. 

20 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, Johnny. I have a feeling that this tourney may get away from Harley and Ivy sooner or later. :D 

As for the match, is this Audrey 2 from the movie or the original play? If it's play-Audrey, then this will probably be a stalemate initially until Audrey multiplies and grows enough to overwhelm the Giant (though that whole process could take a good while). If it's movie-Audrey, then the Jolly One should be able to squash Audrey before the latter can feed enough to grow. 

I'd say movie version since i have not seen the original play.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.70 Total Combined Score
18.70 / 4 = 4.67 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Audrey 2: 1
Jolly Green Giant: 6

On 2/12/2024 at 9:08 PM, JohnnyChany said:

I'd say movie version since i have not seen the original play.

In that case, I'd say the Jolly one rightfully won this. 

In the original Little Shop of Horrors play (as well as in the alternate ending for the movie), once Audrey 2 bred all around the world, not even Earth's militaries could stop them.