MATCH SCORE
Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 20376 Maui vs. Snowbird

The sun shone brightly through the windows of the hotel overlooking the Hawaiian shore.  Tourists milled around the lobby chatting excitedly and pointing out a troupe of hula dancers welcoming them to their vacation.  Through the door of the hotel hurried in Jeanne-Marie Beaubier (Aurora) followed by her brother Jean-Paul (Northstar) who tried to keep up while carrying their luggage.  Jeanne-Marie smiled graciously as she accepted a lei from the troupe. 

“Ah magnifique, brother!  It’s everything I imagined it would be!” 

Jean-Paul struggled to adjust the suitcases as he bowed his head for the attractive woman to put on his lei.  “Yes, it’s quite… lovely, Jeanne-Marie.  But could you not move a little bit slower and not leave me to carry most of your wardrobe?” 

“For us?  I thought that was slow!” 

Jean-Paul gave his sister an unimpressed look as she chuckled.   “Oh, cheer up, Jean-Paul!  Guardian finally gave the three of us a chance for R&R and I’m going to make the most of it!”  She grinned at a pair of surfers walking through the hotel lobby to the beach.  “Maybe take in some of the sights?  What do you think, Jean-Paul?  Jean-Paul?” 

She turned to see Jean-Paul’s gaze on the drummer accompanying the hula dancers.  He saw Jeanne-Marie give a knowing smile and cleared his throat.  “Hmm?  Sorry.  What was that, ma soeur?” 

“Ha!  Guess I won’t be alone ‘sightseeing’, no?” 

Jean-Paul blushed and smiled, then looked around the lobby.  “Er, I wonder where Narya got to?  She was still in the car when I got the luggage out of the trunk.” 

The door of the hotel opened again, and the surfers stopped in surprise.  Narya (Snowbird) strode into the lobby, dressed in a fur coat that seemed completely out of place with the island weather.  The dancers went on with their welcome and gifting their leis, but Narya’s face remained somber. 

“Narya, over here!” shouted Jeanne-Marie, waving to get her attention.  “Attention, soeur!” whispered Jean-Paul.  “Her name in public is Anne McKenzie!” 

“Oh, ne t’inquiete pas, frere,” said Jeanne-Marie as Narya crossed the room to join them.  “There’s people here from all over the world with all kinds of names.  We’re on vacation!  Relax.” 

“My apologies for not joining you sooner,” said Narya.  “I was… preparing myself.” 

“I can see that,” said Jeanne-Marie, looking at the coat.  “Aren’t you feeling a little chaude in that outfit?  I worked up a sweat just crossing the parking lot.” 

“I appreciate your concern, Jeanne-Marie Beaubier.  I personally find the weather here overly… warm.” 

“Well, I suppose that’s fair coming from someone who’s never left the north before.  But now that Shaman freed you from that binding spell, you should take the time to explore.  Enjoy it!” 

While his sister talked to Narya, Jean-Paul grunted and walked over with the luggage to the concierge at the front desk.  “Hello.  We should have two rooms reserved?  A double under Beaubier and a single for Anne McKenzie?”  The concierge typed in the information on her computer.  “Yes, we have that right here, sir.  Welcome to Hawaii!  Here’s your keycards.  The double is room 307 and the single is room 308 right across the hall.  Would you like me to ring somebody to help you with your luggage?” 

“Ce n’est pas necessaire, merci,” said Jeanne-Marie, walking up with Narya and relieving her brother of some of the suitcases.  “We can carry these ourselves.” 

“Are you sure?” asked the concierge.  “It will be quite a walk.  Our elevator is down for repairs.” 

“Oh, I’m sure it will be faster if we just do it ourselves.”  Jeanne-Marie gave a wink to her brother.  Jean-Paul looked unsure for a moment then sighed.  As the concierge shrugged and looked back to her computer, the Beaubier twins used their mutant speed to dash across the lobby and up the staircase.  The concierge looked up to see the Beaubiers gone, and stared in confusion at Narya.  “They are very anxious to begin their vacation,” said Narya.  She turned and walked to the staircase leaving the bewildered concierge behind. 

The two surfers had travelled further down the shore away from the countless people enjoying the Hawaiian weather.  One pulled out a flashlight as the pair approached the entrance to a cave.  His friend, wearing a pair of sunglasses, dragged his feet behind him. 

“Come on, Bobby, we could be out catching some bombs, seeing some babes.  And you got us playing treasure hunt.” 

“Relax, Pete.  I read that some rich dudes were digging around these islands and found all kinds of stuff.  Like, really old, expensive stuff!”

Pete took off his sunglasses, looking a great deal more interested.  “How expensive we talking about, man?” 

“Like, 6 figures, bro!  The guys who lived on this island left all kinds of stuff that museums want to buy.  We just got to go look for ‘em!” 

The two men gingerly walked into the cave, the flashlight barely giving enough light to see a few feet ahead of them.  After walking for nearly a half hour and thinking of giving up, Bobby let out a shout. 

“Hey!  Pete!  You see that?  Over there!  By those rocks!” 

Pete squinted and looked where Bobby was pointing.  Lying on a pile of boulders was what looked like an oversized fishhook.  The surfers stumbled in their flip flops to rush over to the find. 

“Hey, Bob!  Just what is that thing?” 

“How should I know, bro?  It looks old and it’s huge!  Pick it up!”  Bobby shoved the flashlight into his pocket as Pete grabbed the fishhook by it’s handle.  He tried to lift it up but it wouldn’t budge.  He grabbed a hold with both hands and heaved, but the fishhook remained on the cave floor. 

“Will you stop messing around, bro!” 

“I’m not, man!  This thing is heavy!  Help me out!” 

The two men were so busy with the fishhook they failed to notice that one of the larger rocks was actually rock at all.  It was the body of a large, tattooed man.  And one of the tattoos on the man’s back, made to look like a small figure carrying a fishhook, sprang to life.  The tattoo scrambled across the man’s back and onto his face, jumping up and down on his cheek.  The man groaned and slowly rolled over with a thud.  The surfers stopped their struggle with the fishhook, slowly turned and froze at the sight of the enormous man rising to his feet and smiling a deceptively friendly smile.  “Hey, boys.  Now, where you think you’re going with my hook?”

Snowbird sat alone in her hotel room, bundled up in her coat with the AC turned up.  Aurora and Northstar had already gone down to the beach, but Narya still didn’t feel quite right in these new surroundings.  She had been bound to Canada by Shaman her entire life, and could acknowledge that Hawaii was indeed beautiful.  But even without the threat of her life force being weakened it still seemed oppressively warm. 

There was a sudden beeping noise from one of Narya’s suitcases.  She instantly recognized it as an Alpha Flight signal.  Narya rushed to the suitcase, opened it, and pulled out the small device. 

“Snowbird!  Snowbird, can you hear me?” 

“Loud and clear, Jean-Paul Beaubier.  What is the situation?” 

“No time to explain!  Aurora and I need you on the beach now!  Hurry!” 

Snowbird could hear the urgency in Northstar’s tone.  She cast aside the coat and magically altered her civilian clothes into her costume.  Then she transformed into an enormous Arctic owl that flew out the window and made full speed for the beach. 

The two hapless surfers cowered behind Aurora and Northstar, who stood in their swimsuits between them and the approaching Maui.  Other beachgoers ran away from the scene as the demigod eyed Aurora.  “Well, princess, if I ever fall asleep for a few hundred years again, I’d rather wake up to you then those two Kakamora over here.” 

Northstar bristled.  “Listen, monsieur.  You can’t just go chasing people around a beach with that… thing!” 

“Actually,” Maui smirked.  “I kinda can.  Benefits of the whole ‘being a demigod’ thing.  So why don’t you two go for a swim or something while I teach these guys some manners?”

“Don’t let ‘em, man!” Bobby moaned. 

“Yeah, bro, he’s crazy!” whined Pete. 

“Calmez-vous tous!” shouted Aurora.  “Let’s just take a second and calm down!” 

Maui idly tossed his fishhook.  “Yeah, how about a better idea?” 

Swiftly Maui hurled the fishhook between the Beaubier twins.  He snagged both surfers and yanked them towards him.  Aurora used her speed to keep up with the hook and grab hold of the screaming surfers.  She took to the air dropped the pair into the sand only for Maui to transform into a hawk and slam straight into her.  Aurora had the air knocked out of her and fell towards the beach only for Maui to transform back to human and catch her. 

“Sorry, lady, didn’t want to be rough with you, but Maui got to do what Maui got to do.” 

“Put down my sister!” 

Maui turned to see Northstar racing towards him with his fist drawn back.  Maui caught the punch while still holding Aurora.  Northstar grunted in pain as Maui tightened his grip. 

“She’s your sister?  Really?  Yeah, sorry, man.  But hey!  Let’s get your family back together!” 

Maui heaved and sent Aurora crashing into Northstar.  The Beaubier twins looked in disbelief at the demigod.  “Now, look!  I’ve tried to be nice!  And I get it, I’m kinda cranky first thing in the morning, but there’s no way I’m letting those two off the hook!  Ha!  ‘The hook’!  Hoo, I’m good!  But seriously, stay down and UGH!” 

A giant Arctic owl came out of the sky and clawed at Maui’s head with it’s talons.  Bewildered, Maui watched as the owl hovered above him for a moment before transforming back to Snowbird. 

“I am Snowbird!  Daughter of Nelvanna, Goddess of the Northern Lights!  You have attacked members of Alpha Flight and endangered civilians!  Stand down or face my power!” 

Maui clutched his fishhook and grinned as the forgotten surfers ran for their lives.  “You can shapeshift like me?  Well!  This just got interesting!  CHEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOO!” 

Maui raised his fishhook and transformed back into a hawk.  Snowbird went into a dive and turned back to her Artic owl form to meet the demigod head on. 

OK:

Both Maui and Snowbird are at full strength.  Snowbird is no longer bound by the spell that keeps her in Canada and weakens her if she leaves. 

Last shapeshifting demigod standing wins! 

Game On! 

Very original and very entertaining Broadwaybeyonder.

🎶What has two thumbs and pulled up the sky, when you were waddling yea high?

This guy!

Oh, also I lassoed the sun.

You’re welcome!

To stretch your days and bring you fun!🎶

Sorry Snowbird but if we take Maui at his word then he wins this fight handily. She’s tough but she’s not sun mover tough.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
4.40 - Boratz
5.00 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.90 Total Combined Score
13.90 / 3 = 4.63 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 3
Snowbird: 4

• 2 weeks later...

(finally) THE BOTTOM LINE

The Artic owl and hawk spiraled above the beach, lashing out with their talons.  The two surfers scrambled across the sand only to have Aurora speed past to stand in front of them.  “Je suis desole’ messieurs.  But I’m afraid I can’t have you leave just yet.” 

“Listen, lady!” said Pete.  “That guy was trying to kill us!  We didn’t do nothin’ wrong!” 

Northstar raced between the pair and offered his hand to Aurora.  “Perhaps, but maybe it would be a good idea for you to stay until we can straighten this out.  Sister?” 

Bobby did a double take and pointed at the Beaubiers.  “Hey, bro!  How did you do…” 

The Beaubiers clasped hands and summoned their powers to project at burst of light that blinded the surfers and sent them tumbling to the ground. 

In her owl form Snowbird drove her beak into Maui’s right wing.  The demigod gave a pained squawk then started losing spiraling down.  He instantly transformed back to human and Snowbird did likewise, flying down after him. 

“Quickly!  Give me your hand!” 

Maui glanced upward and smirked.  “Sounds good to me!” 

He swung his fishhook and hurled it up, sending it flying past Snowbird.   Then a quick tug on the line sent it wrapping around Snowbird’s waist.  Maui pulled with all his might and Snowbird gave a grunt as she pulled down passed Maui.  The demigod pulled the fishhook loose, brandish it, and transformed into a whale.  Snowbird looked up just in time to see the enormous creature crash down on top of her and land with crash into the ocean. 

“Snowbird!” 

Aurora sped towards the water only for Maui to burst up through the waves.  The fishhook caught her square on the chin and sent her colliding into Northstar.  Maui landed on the shore in front of Pete and Bobby, both still laid out from the Beaubiers attack.  The fishhook wrapped around the hapless pair and Maui cinched it tight.  “Okay, now that blondie is now a pancake and her pals are out of my hair, time to get down to business!” 

“Please, bro!” Bobby begged.  “We didn’t want any trouble!  We just wanted some cash!” 

“Yeah!” said Pete.  “Honest!  Just let us go, man!” 

The mini-Maui tattoo jumped urgently up and down on Maui’s pec.  Maui raised an eyebrow and glared.  “What?  Let ‘em go?  Let me handle this.  I think I want to see how high these two can fly!”  The surfers wailed as Maui sent his fishhook swinging towards the sky. 

Suddenly something burst out of the water and onto the shore.  Maui turned to see the enormous, white, furry frame of the Wendigo charging towards him.  Snowbird tackled Maui to the ground, causing him to lose his grip on the line of the fishhook.  The two surfers screamed as they were flung out of the hook, landing with a splash some 100 feet from shore. 

Maui groaned as he rose up to face the Wendigo as it snarled and looked at the fishhook clutched in it’s claws. 

“Okay, hairball.  Hand over the hook.” 

The Wendigo roared back defiantly at Maui.  The demigod took a deep breath, then started going into the Haka.  The Wendigo looked puzzled as Maui went through the chanting and moves as Maui readied himself to attack.  However, the Wendigo wasn’t going to wait for him to finish. 

The Wendigo pounced and brough Maui down again.  The claws of the Wendigo slashed again and again at the demigod’s body.  Maui tried to fight back but couldn’t resist the onslaught. 

“NARYA!  STOP!” 

The Wendigo spun around to see Aurora and Northstar staring at it in shock.  “Please, Narya.  It’s over.  He’s beaten.” 

“Jean-Paul is right, amie,” said Aurora.  “Please, come back to us.” 

The Wendigo snorted, gave one last clubbing blow to Maui, then sighed.   The beastly form shifted back to the form of Snowbird.  Aurora rushed to her side and gave a hug, helping her hold onto the fishhook. 

“I’ve got you, Narya.  You’re gonna be alright.” 

“Thank you, Jeanne-Marie Beaubier,” Snowbird groaned.  “But I believe I won’t feel ‘alright’ for quite sometime.” 

Maui moaned as Northstar stood above him with his arm folded.  “And what shall we do with this one?” 

“Now… ow!  Let’s hold on a second ok?  I only wanted to teach those clowns a lesson!  If they had stolen my fishhook, I’d be nothing!  Well, not quite nothing, I’d still be a demigod and all.  But I wouldn’t be able to shapeshift or… lots of other things!” 

Northstar didn’t look impressed as he turned to Snowbird.  “What do you think?  Is he telling the truth?”  Snowbird closed her eyes for a moment then nodded.  “I believe that he is, Jean-Paul Beaubier.  I can sense that he speaks truly about his encounter with those two men.  They were attempting to steal artifacts from a cave nearby here.  If he agrees to leave this place and let us deal with those thieves, I am prepared to return his property.  Do we have an agreement?” 

Maui paused for a moment then shrugged.  “Hey, who am I to argue with the demigoddess that just kicked my butt?  Alright, you got a deal.” 

Assisted by Aurora, Snowbird walked over to Maui and offered the fishhook.  The demigod eased up to his feet and reclaimed his property.  “You know, that wasn’t half bad.  That fight, I mean.  I might just fit in around here still after all.  Thanks.”  Snowbird smiled and nodded.  “You’re welcome.” 

Maui gave a mighty yell and instantly transformed back into hawk form.  The Alpha Flight members watched as he flew over the ocean and passed the surfers, who were still treading water. 

“Well, I wasn’t expecting that for our vacation,” said Aurora.  “And it’s not over yet,” said Northstar.  “We better get out there and see to those two before they drown.”    

“Indeed, Jean-Paul Beaubier,” said Snowbird.  “Would you and your sister see to them and take them to the authorities?” 

“Us?” asked Aurora.  “What about you?”  Snowbird looked out at the ocean grinning.  “I believe I have begun to appreciate this climate.  I am going for a swim.” 

Before the Beaubiers could speak, Snowbird ran towards the shoreline and dived into the ocean.  A few seconds later a seal jumped to the surface before diving back in with a splash.  “I think she’s getting the hang of vacations, eh, brother?” Aurora chuckled.  Northstar rolled his eyes and sighed.  “Come on.  Let’s see to those two before something else happens.” 

As beachgoers cautiously returned to the shore, they failed to notice Aurora and Northstar racing to rescue Pete and Bobby.  They were too busy watching the unusual sight of an Artic seal enjoying the waters off the island of Maui.