Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Road Runner at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros. Loony Toons

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Not My Season

7 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Battle Beast seems likely to ignore Road runner. Not really an opponent who will give satisfying combat.

Not so sure about that. If it benefitted him to capture the Roadrunner he's gonna give it his all.

But the match is that Roadrunner has to convince Battle Beast that he's not in season. Which won't work. Battle Beast will just be out toonforced and contiually fall off cliffs and smack into hills thinking they are holograms.

1 hour ago, leroypowell3 said:

Not so sure about that. If it benefitted him to capture the Roadrunner he's gonna give it his all.

But the match is that Roadrunner has to convince Battle Beast that he's not in season. Which won't work. Battle Beast will just be out toonforced and contiually fall off cliffs and smack into hills thinking they are holograms.

Battle Beast's only motivation is to find a worthy opponent to die in combat with. In the comic, he believes in this goal so strongly that he severely injures himself just to make the final fight a fair one. He would likely have no interest in hunting Road Runner because it wouldn't advance his goals and he would see Road Runner as a coward. And as I've always said, I think this should be read as the only way to convince the hunter is literally with words. Road Runner just isn't the kind of hunt Battle Beast is looking for, and he isn't the kind of prey he can catch, so he would go on to search for his true goal and leave Road Runner alone

• Thanks 1

Similar to Kraven, I don't think Battle Beast is gonna care if Road Runner's in season or not. As mentioned, though, he's probably not going to care to hunt RR, either, so ... 

16 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Battle Beast's only motivation is to find a worthy opponent to die in combat with. In the comic, he believes in this goal so strongly that he severely injures himself just to make the final fight a fair one. He would likely have no interest in hunting Road Runner because it wouldn't advance his goals and he would see Road Runner as a coward. And as I've always said, I think this should be read as the only way to convince the hunter is literally with words. Road Runner just isn't the kind of hunt Battle Beast is looking for, and he isn't the kind of prey he can catch, so he would go on to search for his true goal and leave Road Runner alone

This is what I was trying to articulate earlier. Battle Beast is actually fairly bad for this category. The Road Runner is going to Meep Meep and get out of there and that’s going to be all Battle Beast needs to just shake his head and go in search of worthy fighters.

Agree with the consensus. Battle Beast is a brilliant choice as a hunter, but he does have a desire for a fight. A character who is known for always running away is not going to interest him for long, especially when that character is known for his speed and antics. There's a small chance that this could enrage BB enough that he has to see it through, but its more likely he heads of in search for more worthy prey.

I kind of play these out as the hunter has some motivation to hunt the prey even if we don't know what it is. Otherwise it too easy to say the match is moot. As far as the match parameters is concerned Road Runner is not going to convince Battle Beast not to go after him. And if Battle Beast has any pride at all, he's going to get really mad at this animal and go at him like the beast he is (albiet unsuccessfully).

But he doesn't have to catch him. It's Roadrunner's responsibility to win this. He can't.