Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 20080 Vanessa (King Of Fighters) vs. Garnet (Rumble Fish)

image.jpeg.f77307b15b3c43b69caebc5e93626edc.jpeg

With a match setup between Manon Legrand and Elisabeth Blanctorche to determine the next entrant in their Capcom vs. SNK tournament, Karin Kanzuki and Rose Bernstein returned to their respective lists of prospective competitors. Before either young woman could suggest another name, they were interrupted by a tall muscular middle aged African American man in a nice jacketless suit with purple tie.

“Who are you?!?” demanded Karin.

“Relax, his name is Seth. He is a mercenary working for me,” answered Rose.

“What is he doing here?” asked Karin.

“That… I don’t know,” Rose admitted.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay,” said Seth.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“There was a breach of security at your estate. Ramon and Vanessa went over to investigate, I elected to come here to make sure it wasn’t a coordinated attack,” Seth explained.

“I appreciate your concern, we have been fine,” stated Rose.

“No problem, all part of the job,” Seth responded.

“I feel like I am missing something,” Karin interjected. “Is there a reason you felt the need to hire a mercenary team? What is so valuable at your estate?”

“Firstly, I wanted this special agent team to be a part of our tournament because they have been so vital to many of the King of Fighters tournaments. I wasn’t sure I would have room on the roster to include them, but a security position became an obvious solution as soon as we were so easily approached by the likes of Rouge, Maki, and Lt. Kurosawa. We resolved all of their issues easily enough, but we might not always be so lucky. Having some hired help that can hold their own against the strongest fighters around appeared to be a necessity,” Rose explained. “Secondly, as it pertains to my estate. There are many valuable things there. Things that are tied to my family. However, what this particular breach could be over, I do not know.”

image.jpeg.845a28f54da3877c03b769096bf2119e.jpeg

Elsewhere, the blonde, eye patch wearing, luchador agent, Ramon and the redhead, shirt and tie adorned, highly skilled boxer agent, Vanessa, stealthily made their way to the control room of the Bernstein Estate in search of the intruder. Although he was focused on the mission, Ramon always made time to chat with his co-worker.

“You think it’s strange that we’re working for the Bernstein family?” he asked.

“Definitely,” Vanessa replied. “Working with the kids of Rugal Bernstein certainly wasn’t on my bingo card. Although I prefer to look at it as a mutually beneficial contract.”

“How do you figure?”

“This new Capcom vs. SNK tournament is going to attract the attention of a lot of high profile people, from both sides of the law. Working for Rose will get us a guaranteed way in and a chance to get next to some of our targets,” Vanessa reasoned.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Any avenue that gets us close to the action is worth exploring.”

“Also, I have a bad feeling that something else might be going on behind this tournament,’ Vanessa warned. “Something beyond two rich girls playing matchmaker.”

The two agents arrived at the door of the control room.

“I’ve learned that it is better not to bet against your gut.” Ramon pulled out a gun. “Maybe we will find a clue to whatever is giving you that feeling behind this door.”

Ramon kicked the door open and they both entered a seemingly empty room. They walked around and searched the room.

“Did whoever set off the alarm already find a way to escape?” Ramon wondered.

A pink haired woman with a matching pink shirt appeared from behind a control panel. She wore a nurse’s uniform and was very attractive. Ramon, a notorious flirt, was instantly mesmerized by her.

“Who do we have here?” he asked.

“Please don’t shoot. I work for the Bernstein family doctor. I’m his assistant. When I heard the alarm, I thought someone might be experiencing a medical emergency so I came as quickly as I could,” said the woman.

Vanessa wasn’t buying it. “Why were you hiding behind that console?”

“When I couldn’t find anyone I suspected something else had happened and I was frightened when you kicked the door in,” the nurse responded.

Ramon relaxed his guard and lowered his weapon. He smiled. “There is no need to be afraid. We are here to help. Let’s get you out of here, huh?”

The woman smiled back and immediately attacked Ramon with rapid fire kicks that went so fast they were covered with a pink glow. She struck him high, low, and, in the chest repeatedly, she quickly followed with a sliding kick and a standing front kick that sent Ramon crashing through the control panel where he was electrocuted and passed out.

“Ramon, you idiot! It was so clearly her!” Vanessa scolded.

The pink haired woman tapped an earpiece in her ear. “No, everything is fine, I got what we need, Abel. I’ll be out soon.”

“And who are you really?” inquired Vanessa.

“An information broker, you can call me Garnet. If you don’t want to end up like your foolish partner over there, you’ll get out of my way.”

“Turning the other way isn’t really my style. Those were some nice kicks you pulled off.” Vanessa swayed back and forth in her boxer stance. “But I’ve always been more of a punch girl myself.”

A good change of pace for your arc, Johnny. It appears there's now another angle to the storyline. 

As for the match, this could be a good fight between the redheads, but as mentioned, Garnet seems to be a little quicker and good with misdirection. She'll probably overcome Vanessa and escape with the downloaded info. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
4.70 - DSkillz
4.80 - RakaiThwei

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.80 Total Combined Score
13.80 / 3 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Vanessa (KoF): 2
Garnet (Rumble Fish): 4