Slot: The Team's Scientist
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Beast at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Team Scientist Challenge: Science Fair

Donatello didn't necessarily do so good against Ray Palmer, the DC Character, and now he's going up against a Marvel character... Man, UMPIRE must really fucking hate me for this season. FML.

Alright, so... Donatello is going up against a member of the X-Men who is a math and science instructor, not to mention has six PhD's in bio-physics. This is going to be extremely difficult for him to compete against someone like Hank McCoy. As far as the Fred-Wolf Donatello is concerned, the lyrics from the TMNT Theme song by Chuck Lorre pretty much sum up his character, Donatello does machines-- but he's also talented in chemistry as well, and maybe some understanding in genetics as we've seen him tinker around a bit with Mutagen and it's effects on animals. But he's not a geneticist like McCoy.

And as far as I know... McCoy doesn't seem to be the kind of person who is well versed in machinery. That's something Donatello might be able to use to his advantage. He's made some pretty neat things out of junk for his brothers during their escapades and there's a practicality to everything he's invented. Donatello's versatility with machine is so good, he even built the Turtle Blimp and the Turtle Jet Glider.

If Donatello can invent something that he can use his advantage with machinery with... I think he can do well.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' Donnie has the better Science feats and then both being mutants kinda nulls the shock aspect of them. I'm goin' Donnie.

5 minutes ago, IKA said:

Yeah, I'm thinkin' Donnie has the better Science feats and then both being mutants kinda nulls the shock aspect of them. I'm goin' Donnie.

Thanks!

If Donnie wins... thus gives me hope that a TMNT character can defeat a Marvel character!

• Sad 1

Honestly don't know about this one. I feel Donatello is better at inventions, and Beast is better at science. 

I'm leaning towards the majority in that Donnie could probably impress more with a cool invention - unless someone drops some good Beast feats in. 

5 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Honestly don't know about this one. I feel Donatello is better at inventions, and Beast is better at science. 

I'm leaning towards the majority in that Donnie could probably impress more with a cool invention - unless someone drops some good Beast feats in. 

Donatello has built a dimensional portal at the age of fifteen out of junk, and he had it laying around The Lair for a while.

Then recently... he's also developed two different portable versions of that dimensional portal.

24 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Donatello has built a dimensional portal at the age of fifteen out of junk, and he had it laying around The Lair for a while.

Then recently... he's also developed two different portable versions of that dimensional portal.

Don't get me wrong, I think Donnie will win - and likely for good reason.

But I'd hate to sell a character like Beast short (especially as he has been consistently in movies). Dude discovered the killswitch for humanity, built a time travelling device, and perhaps best suited for this matchup, he built and designed a futuristic school

There's a reason he's often ranked in the top 10 smartest Marvel characters (plus he was so cool in the old cartoons).

45 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Donnie will win - and likely for good reason.

But I'd hate to sell a character like Beast short (especially as he has been consistently in movies). Dude discovered the killswitch for humanity, built a time travelling device, and perhaps best suited for this matchup, he built and designed a futuristic school

There's a reason he's often ranked in the top 10 smartest Marvel characters (plus he was so cool in the old cartoons).

Beast by no means isn't stupid at all, I will definitely vouch that he is definitely an intelligent man who's appearance doesn't really do the genius that he is much justice. However, he is a geneticist who specializes in bio-physics. But that seems to be his primary focus as far as his academic credentials and accomplishments go. And add on that, he also has six PhD's to his name, and that's something which Donatello doesn't have.

However... Donatello is the most intelligent of the Turtles in ALL versions of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but some seem to show more of an inclination towards tinkering with machines than others. The 1987 version is strongly emphasized with this trope, hence "Donatello does machines."

Also, Donatello's got a very impressive array of inventions which he has done...

You can find that list of inventions here.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Donatello's_inventions_(1987_TV_series)

• Like 1

I think that Beast would have a slight edge over Donatello in a science fair. Beast has more experience and expertise in scientific research and innovation, as well as a broader knowledge of various disciplines. He also has more charisma and persuasion skills, which could help him attract more attention and funding. Donatello is not far behind, though. He is very creative and resourceful, and he could use his inventions and engineering skills to impress the judges and the audience. He is also more humble and friendly, which could make him more likable and relatable.

Of course, this is just my opinion based on the information I have. Both Donatello and Beast are amazing scientists and heroes, and they could both put on a great show. It's funny to me how the two characters competing here are two characters absolutely despised by the people of their respective shows (the TMNT I think are disliked by the New York masses, while Beast is hated due to being a mutant). 

I'm going to go with beast because having been involved with working as a lab tech under someone who published research articles and secured funds, being a good salesman is just as important as being an inventor. You actually need to pitch an idea to people who will most likely not be experts at your field. It's just as much about making pretty powerpoint presentations as it is actually making something good. You need to convince them what you're doing will be profitable. They both will good inventions, but Beast seems to have more charisma 

54 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Donatello in a science fair. Donatello is not far behind, though. He is very creative and resourceful, and he could use his inventions and engineering skills to impress the judges and the audience. He is also more humble and friendly, which could make him more likable and relatable.

Something which I need to bring up is that Donatello seemingly is also well versed in Alien Tech, specifically regarding technology from Dimension X and he's gotten more and more familiar with it over the years-- likely bolstering his inventive capabilities to newer heights. I mean the very fact that he created THIS inter-dimensional portal out of junk and perhaps whatever he had studied from examining technology from the Technodrome, is nothing short of mind blown.

sxJAP6P.png

Donatello also had managed to create a smaller, portable version of this particular invention-- and to some extent even had learned to weaponize it to send enemies like Baxter Stockman into other dimensions. We also see a newer version of this invention in the 2012 Nickelodeon TMNT series in the episode Transdimensional Turtles.

nn9utRC.png

There's also a third version of this particular invention, which 1987 Donatello collaborated with 2003 Donatello with. In the movie Turtles Forever, Donatello seemingly had cannibalized, re-caliburated and repurposed an ordinary flashlight into an Inter-dimensional Portal Stick. This version was quickly made in an emergency as universes were being erased at the hands of Utrom Shredder, so there were technical issues and this version was prone to stalling. Although it could be made to properly work with a good and solid tap, and when it did work... it did as it was intended, to ferry it's wielders across the Multiverse.

qTOS87k.png

Also, aside from creating three different inter-dimensional portal devices, Donatello also create a submersible diving bell-- likely made from parts which he had acquired through either a junkyard or just lying around the sewer. It was easily one of the more practical devices which Donatello had created it, and it was used to save his own and his brothers lives when Tempestra flooded the sewers of New York.

bQqR8uE.png

Also one of the greater inventions which Donatello had created was the Food Revivfier and it did exactly as it sounds. Donatello made an attempt to tackle the issue of world hunger, and so he created a device which de-aged and revived old rotten food. For the most part, Donatello was extremely successful. The only downside of this invention was that his brother Michelangelo accidentally zapped Leonardo and Raphael with it, de-aging them into Turtle Toddlers. But other than that, Donatello did seemingly find one way to solve the world hunger crisis.

Oqrz5tY.png

At some other point in his life, Donatello created the Healthometer-- a device which can evaluate someone's health with just a mere touch of a finger. Originally, it did have a flaw where it unintentionally made Raphael believe that he only had a day left to live. Donatello soon discovers this malfunction and he fixes it, getting it to work properly. When Raphael returns and is informed that he isn't going to die, Raphael in his frustration, takes it out on the Healthometer, destroying it.

pgXwGFL.png

Donatello also invented Rexanne, the Robotic Girlfriend of REX-1, New York's own version of Robocop.

jXthKkg.png

Donatello also invented a machine which could stop time. It's also considered one of his most groundbreaking inventions as well, as it could temporarily freeze small pockets of time and space. This invention was SO COVETED by another scientist named Lloyd Cycloid who did use it to commit crimes, but this was later retrieved and reclaimed by the Turtles. This invention was destroyed by Raphael, and Donatello lamented it would take him years to rebuild it.

oboEAeU.png

Also, Donatello... specifically 1987 Donatello, also invented the first video communications device. Essentially... he created what could be considered Face-timing... in 1987! Yes, these devices had screen and audio capabilities! He invented one for April, and a version for his brothers! Sure, this kind of technology is dated but this was YEARS ahead back in 1987 and was seen as the stuff of fiction!

LOTTQfH.png
0Oi4TD7.png