Slot: The Team's Anthropromophic Animal
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sonic the Hedgehog at this Wiki
Official Site: Sega

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Everest

Interesting matchup, but here we have one of the the most sophisticated hunting and tracking  machines - above all who has shown to be able to mimic and trick others, even to the degree of showing humour!

With "months of prep time", this one is in the bag for Rev-9 against Sonic who has been outsmarted before.

56 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Sure, the Rev-9 can get close, but as soon as it tries to bag Sonic, that's a whole other ballgame.

Given the months of prep involved I think that the Rev 9 will know enough to attack when Sonics not looking. He'll either disguise himself as someone Sonic knows or an innocent, or target someone Sonic knows, and then strike when Sonic unexpectedly. If I recall this has worked before on Sonic - and this is a highly lethal (non kids show) killer. 

Months of prep time?

The Rev-9 with months of preptime? As in the cyborg who can remotely access government surveillance systems and drones to keep track of his intended targets, no matter how far away they are from it, is given months of prep time? The Terminator... who even the T-800 and Grace had a difficult time in damaging (albeit the Rev-9 was being owned in most of it's fights with the T-800) until it got pulled into a spinning turbine and only then it was damaged?

Yeah, I'm going with the Rev-9.

13 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not convinced. Sonic is so much faster than Rev-9 or anything Rev-9 has fought before. Sonic doesn't have to hurt Rev-9 at all, all he has to do is run from one side of the mountain to the other any time Rev-9 gets anywhere near him

But that's the point - Rev-9 has so many other options of getting Sonic to come to him. He could pretent to be anyone, kidnap one of Sonic's friends (or do both - kidnap one of Sonic's friends, and with his shapeshifting pretend to be that person to be saved!). 

That plus his access to all his knowledge about Sonic from the prep, as well as all the equipment, technology etc. that he could bring onboard gives him a better than average chance. 

Just now, Culwych1 said:

But that's the point - Rev-9 has so many other options of getting Sonic to come to him. He could pretent to be anyone, kidnap one of Sonic's friends (or do both - kidnap one of Sonic's friends, and with his shapeshifting pretend to be that person to be saved!). 

That plus his access to all his knowledge about Sonic from the prep, as well as all the equipment, technology etc. that he could bring onboard gives him a better than average chance. 

I completely disagree. Even if it pretends to be someone or takes a hostage, as soon as it pulls out a gun or does anything hostile, Sonic's reaction and movement speed is so fast that Rev-9 couldn't tag him. Sonic's normal opponents are just more powerful than Rev-9. That's not even to mention if Sonic can go Super Sonic. 

50 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That's not even to mention if Sonic can go Super Sonic. 

Doesn't he need the Chaos emeralds to do that? Or is that now something he can do at will?

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on Sonic as I was a Nintendo and Playstation kid growing up and never played any of the games.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Doesn't he need the Chaos emeralds to do that? Or is that now something he can do at will?

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on Sonic as I was a Nintendo and Playstation kid growing up and never played any of the games.

He can't, but even without that, and the Rev-9 having two months of prep, I'm not sure the Rev-9 could hurt Sonic, let alone enough to catch him considering he's done things like survive reentry, granted that was when he was a werehog, but his base should be comparable and Peypeypeypey brings up a good point about Sonic's reaction speed.

26 minutes ago, Nesh said:

He can't, but even without that, and the Rev-9 having two months of prep, I'm not sure the Rev-9 could hurt Sonic, let alone enough to catch him considering he's done things like survive reentry, granted that was when he was a werehog, but his base should be comparable and Peypeypeypey brings up a good point about Sonic's reaction speed.

Also, let's not forget that the Rev-9 can also split itself. It's not just one Terminator but TWO in one. So Sonic is not just going up against ONE Terminator, but two that can operate individually.

The Polymimetic sheathe which the Rev-9 is covered in can split itself and even assume many shapes, even becoming part of the land or if it wanted to-- maybe even take the form of someone who needs help, and as someone mentioned-- disguise itself as an innocent civilian who needs help or one of Sonic's friends. The main Rev-9 can try and go for Sonic while the Polymimetic sheath can assume itself to be a decoy and maintain that decoy, until Sonic runs and grabs them to get out.

The Polymimetic sheath could go for the kill, while the Endoskeleton is far behind.

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I completely disagree. Even if it pretends to be someone or takes a hostage, as soon as it pulls out a gun or does anything hostile, Sonic's reaction and movement speed is so fast that Rev-9 couldn't tag him. Sonic's normal opponents are just more powerful than Rev-9. That's not even to mention if Sonic can go Super Sonic. 

My main point is that this terminator is one of the smartest, and with months of prep is going to know all about Sonics speed. Sonic can't dodge what he doesn't see coming.

As above, I easily see a scenario where the "liquid" part of the Terminator pretends to be someone Sonic knows and Sonic may well have him in his arms trying to save him and not see the attack coming.

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

That is a possible method Sonic could use, but he'd need to know about it and the Rev-9 is smart enough (even without the prep) to go for a quick kill or even hobbling Sonic. 

I'm not sure the Rev-9 could kill Sonic given the Durability he's shown the games.

5 hours ago, Nesh said:

I'm not sure the Rev-9 could kill Sonic given the Durability he's shown the games.

I don't think he's durable enough to survive liquid metal that can shred another terminator, or the amount of potential fire power Rev could being to this fight. Ever bit of Revs body can become a metal blade, and he casually shrugs off gunshots. 

One interesting scenario is that Rev-9 could disguise himself as someone who is drowning, and force Sonic to take this fight into the water where he is weak and Rev isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

I don't think he's durable enough to survive liquid metal that can shred another terminator, or the amount of potential fire power Rev could being to this fight. Ever bit of Revs body can become a metal blade, and he casually shrugs off gunshots. 

One interesting scenario is that Rev-9 could disguise himself as someone who is drowning, and force Sonic to take this fight into the water where he is weak and Rev isn't. 

I mean again, Sonic has survived a fall from space, I can't think of a weapon that the Rev-( could bring to match that.

14 hours ago, Nesh said:

I mean again, Sonic has survived a fall from space, I can't think of a weapon that the Rev-( could bring to match that.

Yet he's also been taken out by Robotniks goons if you count the games and cartoons. 

48 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Yet he's also been taken out by Robotniks goons if you count the games and cartoons. 

Cartoons are a diferent continuity and gameplay isn't really an argument.

1 hour ago, Nesh said:

Cartoons are a diferent continuity and gameplay isn't really an argument.

So we're talking about the movie version? Didn’t that Sonic nearly get killed (or at least KO'd) by Knuckles (until he was saved by Tails)?

I think that version is perhaps the most experienced of all and most likely to fall to Rev-9 through trickery and/or blades/firepower. 

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

So we're talking about the movie version? Didn’t that Sonic nearly get killed (or at least KO'd) by Knuckles (until he was saved by Tails)?

I think that version is perhaps the most experienced of all and most likely to fall to Rev-9 through trickery and/or blades/firepower. 

Now I'm saying Sonic in the games being taken down by Eggman's minions is gameplay and you can't really judged based on that/