Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

13:4 - Red Hood vs. Balrog

UMPIRE

SEASON 13, ROUND 4

Red Hood

Slot: The Team's Athlete
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Red Hood at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Balrog

Slot: The Team's Athlete
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Balrog at this Wiki
Official Site: Capcom

Battle Terrain
Team Athlete Challenge: Deadman Wonderland

The events a Deadmans Wonderland leave competitors maimed or dead and the winner has to be comfortable with that happening.

Jason may be one of the most brutal members of the Bat Family, but even he doesn't currently have the kill or be killed mentality to do as well in this environment as Balrog.

Jason's probably got the skills to simply escape.

Barring that, he's likely smart enough to evade traps and whatnot, at least at a better rate than Balrog.  

Even ignoring that part of Deadman Wonderland is straight up gladiatoral combat, the other events still involve contestants getting maimed or killed. 

I don't think Jason is ready to either sit idle while others die around him, or at this point in his career murder people to win.

In other words even if Jason is more physically capable than Balrog, and I'm not sure that's the case, he doesn't have the killer instinct to win.

On the physical front. I think it's important to remember that Balrog can keep up with the other Street Fighters. Many of whom are full on superhuman.

5 hours ago, RiotGear said:

On the physical front. I think it's important to remember that Balrog can keep up with the other Street Fighters. Many of whom are full on superhuman.

You don't need to do scaling to come up with Balrog being superhuman. He's one shot elephants before.

21 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Even ignoring that part of Deadman Wonderland is straight up gladiatoral combat, the other events still involve contestants getting maimed or killed. 

I don't think Jason is ready to either sit idle while others die around him, or at this point in his career murder people to win.

In other words even if Jason is more physically capable than Balrog, and I'm not sure that's the case, he doesn't have the killer instinct to win.

Even if Balrog is slightly stronger, which I doubt, Jason is so much more skilled it doesn't really matter. Jason has wins over Batman, Deathstroke, and Cassandra Cain. If he knows he's in a scenario where there is no way out other than to kill, he would be willing to say the very least let Balrog die, even if he doesn't outright kill him. At various points in his career he would definitely be fine killing Balrog, but even now, if he's in a scenario where he's literally not allowed to escape and Balrog is coming at him with lethal intent, he would do what he needs to do to survive. Even Batman has refused to save people in the past and let them die when he could have saved them.

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Even if Balrog is slightly stronger, which I doubt

Just this ONE part...

Balrog is definitively stronger than Jason, and by a fairly moderate gap. According to Street Fighter canon-- Balrog's punches are enough to kill an elephant. He even one-shot one of Dhalsim's elephants with his Gigaton Blow. And he did that while he was bored while on an errand from Bison. And that was early in his career during the events of Street Fighter Alpha 3, and is often mentioned in quite a few printed Street Fighter encyclopedias published by either UDON or Capcom.

11 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Just this ONE part...

Balrog is definitively stronger than Jason, and by a fairly moderate gap. According to Street Fighter canon-- Balrog's punches are enough to kill an elephant. He even one-shot one of Dhalsim's elephants with his Gigaton Blow. And he did that while he was bored while on an errand from Bison. And that was early in his career during the events of Street Fighter Alpha 3, and is often mentioned in quite a few printed Street Fighter encyclopedias published by either UDON or Capcom.

Fair enough, although killing an elephant with one punch is definitely a superhuman feat. I think it's also something of an outlier. However, even if I concede that Balrog is stronger, it's not enough to make up for the Red Hood's advantage in pretty much every other category, not to mention that he's just better equipped for this specific kind of challenge

6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Fair enough, although killing an elephant with one punch is definitely a superhuman feat. I think it's also something of an outlier. However, even if I concede that Balrog is stronger, it's not enough to make up for the Red Hood's advantage in pretty much every other category, not to mention that he's just better equipped for this specific kind of challenge

As far as I know, Balrog has done that once and only once.

But in the realm of Street Fighter, humans can achieve superhuman status through sheer training in Martial Arts and achieve higher status if they ever learn to control their energy flow.

But yeah... Balrog ain't winning this.