Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Michelangelo (1987) at this Wiki
Official Site: Nickelodeon

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Everest
Challenge_2_Everest.png

Morlun is an extremely dangerous individual who has gone through the multiverse devouring Spider-Man variants through out the Multiverse. This alone makes him EXTREMELY dangerous.

But I think that Michelangelo has a smidgen of a chance and if he can take his opponent seriously... which he has shown a few times even in the Fred Wolf toon, he can be a force to recon with. If anything.. Mikey being a goofball might lead Morlun to underestimate him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/fy2p4k/respect_michelangelo_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles/

Despite being the goofball of the Turtles, he's still pretty strong. Maybe enough to get Morlun by surprise.

And he is doing ALL that, smashing Dimension X metals and boulders with WOODEN nunchaku. I mean that has to at least surprise Morlun, maybe even stun him and get some good hits in.

Hell, Mikey was even strong enough to wrestle a bit with this Mutant Scorpion that took down and lifted a radio tower. AT BASELINE MUTATION.

I think Mike has a chance.

7 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Morlun is an extremely dangerous individual who has gone through the multiverse devouring Spider-Man variants through out the Multiverse. This alone makes him EXTREMELY dangerous.

But I think that Michelangelo has a smidgen of a chance and if he can take his opponent seriously... which he has shown a few times even in the Fred Wolf toon, he can be a force to recon with. If anything.. Mikey being a goofball might lead Morlun to underestimate him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/fy2p4k/respect_michelangelo_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles/

Despite being the goofball of the Turtles, he's still pretty strong. Maybe enough to get Morlun by surprise.

And he is doing ALL that, smashing Dimension X metals and boulders with WOODEN nunchaku. I mean that has to at least surprise Morlun, maybe even stun him and get some good hits in.

Hell, Mikey was even strong enough to wrestle a bit with this Mutant Scorpion that took down and lifted a radio tower. AT BASELINE MUTATION.

I think Mike has a chance.

Morlun is far stronger than any of that. He's arguably Spiderman's strongest foe. It took an army of Spider people to defeat him. He's a relentless hunter capable of defeating Spidermen in a single shot. His senses cross dimensions and universes. Morlun has this 10 out of 10 times 

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Morlun is far stronger than any of that. He's arguably Spiderman's strongest foe. It took an army of Spider people to defeat him. He's a relentless hunter capable of defeating Spidermen in a single shot. His senses cross dimensions and universes. Morlun has this 10 out of 10 times 

But hasn't Peter soloed Morlun before? I'm pretty sure that he has. According to Quora, Spider-Man has beaten Morlun by radiating his body, beaten Morlun again in a bloodlusted state, and another by stranding him in another world.

And as for Morlun being beaten by an army of Spider folks... Wasn't that really because Morlun's family got involved too? So it was really Spider-Folk vs the Inheritors.

I read Spider-Geddon, and I'm going off on that. I didn't look at the sequels.

I think Morlun has too much of a stat lead on Mikey here.  He's able to outpace the Spider-Sense, keep up with a webslinging Peter on foot and no-sell his punches.  Mikey's getting his shell cracked.

3 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Mikey's getting his shell cracked.

Uuuuh... About THAT.

Michelangelo has had a small building dropped directly on top of him. It's center mass hitting him directly. He survived it, largely unphased because of his cartoon nature.

In the grand scheme of the TMNT Multiverse, the 1987 TMNT actively have some semblance of Toon Force.

Even the 2003 TMNT visited the 1987 universe and 2003 Mikey even said that universe was messed up in Turtles Forever. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Uuuuh... About THAT.

Michelangelo has had a small building dropped directly on top of him. It's center mass hitting him directly. He survived it, largely unphased because of his cartoon nature.

In the grand scheme of the TMNT Multiverse, the 1987 TMNT actively have some semblance of Toon Force.

Even the 2003 TMNT visited the 1987 universe and 2003 Mikey even said that universe was messed up in Turtles Forever. 

And I'm certain that spider-people across the multiverse have shown similar, if not superior levels of durability and Morlun can kill them so...

Just now, Nesh said:

And I'm certain that spider-people across the multiverse have shown similar, if not superior levels of durability and Morlun can kill them so...

But to take even a small building like that and come out of it COMPLETELY fine? Even Spider-Man wouldn't just no sell that without some damage if he took a building directly center mass on him.

Also as far as speed goes.. Mikey is faster than what most people realize. He's able to dodge automatic firing at close range, possibly even point blank AFTER they were fired. And this is the first episode, Turtle Tracks.

He even routinely dodges automatic LASER firing in the 1987 show.

1 minute ago, RakaiThwei said:

But to take even a small building like that and come out of it COMPLETELY fine? Even Spider-Man wouldn't just no sell that without some damage if he took a building directly center mass on him.

Also as far as speed goes.. Mikey is faster than what most people realize. He's able to dodge automatic firing at close range, possibly even point blank AFTER they were fired. And this is the first episode, Turtle Tracks.

He even routinely dodges automatic LASER firing in the 1987 show.

Counterpoint, from the Marvel wiki: Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength. Events which would severely injure or kill a normal human, leave him with little to no discomfort. In the past, he has survived multiple blows from the likes of The Hulk, as well as surviving a point-blank missile explosion.[435] Spider-Man's body is durable to the point where tensing his super-strong muscles while being punched in the torso by a trained heavyweight boxer caused the attacker's wrists to break. Spider-Man has stated that he must roll with punches thrown by people without similar strength or durability, in order to avoid breaking their wrists. Spider-Man is durable enough to survive getting beaten down by Colossus and Magik when they were powered up by the Phoenix Force.[436] His arm was strong enough to block Quicksilver while the speedster was in motion.

And again Spider-Man has shown similar feats to Mikey with the gunfire thing and Morlun scales to that.

1 minute ago, Nesh said:

And again Spider-Man has shown similar feats to Mikey with the gunfire thing and Morlun scales to that.

Except Spider-Man doesn't have Toon Force to back him up. Michelangelo does.

That's the thing about the 1987 Turtles. They have some Toon Force to compliment their physicals here.

No other TMNT versions has Toon Force, except for maybe some of the video game TMNT.

5 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Except Spider-Man doesn't have Toon Force to back him up. Michelangelo does.

That's the thing about the 1987 Turtles. They have some Toon Force to compliment their physicals here.

No other TMNT versions has Toon Force, except for maybe some of the video game TMNT.

Toon Force alone isn't enough to beat Morlun and his ilk, otherwise Spider-Ham would have soloed them all.  I admire your willingness to go to bat for the TMNT, especially since, if I'm not mistaken, this isn't even your character, and I take no pleasure in this since Mikey is my favorite turtle, but I honestly feel he loses here.  If I thought Mikey could win this outside of some slim chance, I'd admit that.  I don't think either us is going to sway the other, at this point we just need to wait for the votes.

10 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Toon Force alone isn't enough to beat Morlun and his ilk, otherwise Spider-Ham would have soloed them all. 

Except no two Toon Universes are equal. Some might have more Toon Force than others. I doubt that Spider-Ham's universe and the Fred-Wolf TMNT universe have the same laws of cartoon physics.

Some characters might have more Toon Force than others.

13 minutes ago, Nesh said:

I admire your willingness to go to bat for the TMNT, especially since, if I'm not mistaken, this isn't even your character, and I take no pleasure in this since Mikey is my favorite turtle, but I honestly feel he loses here.  If I thought Mikey could win this outside of some slim chance, I'd admit that.  I don't think either us is going to sway the other, at this point we just need to wait for the votes.

I am a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. However I will say that I have a love/hate relationship with the 1987 cartoon.

I love it because it introduced me to the characters and a franchise which I love since I was a toddler. It gave me so much happiness and memories.

But... the 1987 series RUINED TMNT forever. I became a Mirage TMNT fan when I discovered the comics when I became a Teenager and found out who the REAL TMNT are. But let's face it..  the cartoon overshadowed the comics, sanitized and made it a kiddie show. And for years people mocked it.

So... it speaks volumes that I am batting for the version of Michelangelo that I feel did damage to the original character. 1987 TMNT has a special place for me but I am not going to lie and will say it ruined Kevin and Peter's original idea.

Hell, even Peter Laird dunks on 87 TMNT.

But... I really feel like people sleep on the TMNT BECAUSE of the cartoon. 

But even the Toon is something not to underestimate. 

Morlun kills a Captain Universe Spidey. I think that puts him way outgunning most of these Anthropomorphic animals. I'd say Mikey's Ninja Skills and hiding out for a week are his best bet. Morlun specifically hunts Spiders. If he finds Mikey, it's over.

image.thumb.jpeg.7b9e61c929936fc513a4d8f14ac6f243.jpeg

Just now, Nesh said:

And according to the scenario, Morlun has tracked Mikey here after months of prep...

Yeah but what does Mikey do often times? Be a goofball. And that is something which will play to his strengths.

A lot of people tend to think in most incarnations in the TMNT Multiverse that Leo or Raph are the best. Well... in truth, it's Michelangelo. So many TMNT Universes touch on it and one even confirms Mikey's the BEST Turtle put of them if he applies himself.

Even 1987 Mikey has shown that he can defeat his own brothers QUICKLY if he got serious. 

And Morlun seems to be VERY arrogant. I see that as his downfall.

10 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Morlun kills a Captain Universe Spidey. I think that puts him way outgunning most of these Anthropomorphic animals. I'd say Mikey's Ninja Skills and hiding out for a week are his best bet. Morlun specifically hunts Spiders. If he finds Mikey, it's over.

image.thumb.jpeg.7b9e61c929936fc513a4d8f14ac6f243.jpeg

I would say that Mikey's skills in ninjutsu should help him out here to hide one week.

Okay, I agree this is debatable, but Morlun is a super-tracker, expecially, if he so much as touches Mikey, there will be no escape.  I still lean toward Morlun, with the utmost respect to our turtle friend.

Morlun has several advantages over Michelangelo in this scenario. First, he has months of prep time, which means he can study Michelangelo’s habits, weaknesses, and allies. He can also gather resources and equipment to aid him in his hunt. Second, he has the ability to track Michelangelo wherever he goes, as long as they have made physical contact. Third, he has superhuman physical attributes, such as strength, speed, durability, stamina, agility, and reflexes on a level much higher than Michelangelo, at least on average showing. Fourth, he can absorb the life force of any living creature, which gives him healing and rejuvenation. Fifth, he can travel between dimensions, which means he can access different versions of reality and avoid obstacles.

Michelangelo, on the other hand, has very few advantages over Morlun in this scenario. First, he is a ninja, which means he can use stealth, deception, and surprise to evade and confuse Morlun. Second, he is very creative and resourceful, which means he can improvise and use his environment to his advantage. Third, he is very optimistic and resilient, which means he can keep his spirits up and not give up easily.

However, these advantages are not enough to overcome Morlun’s overwhelming superiority. Michelangelo may be able to dodge and hide from Morlun for a few hours or days, but not for a whole week. Morlun is too fast, too strong, too persistent, and too hungry to let Michelangelo escape. Eventually, Morlun would catch up to Michelangelo and drain his life force, killing him. Therefore, the answer to the question is no, Michelangelo cannot dodge and hide from Morlun for one week.

Also what's to say that Michelangelo can't use the environment around him?

I mean even if Morlun does find him at Everest, what's to say Michelangelo can't shout "COWABUNGA!" so loud (and we know he does this) to where an Avalanche is caused to bury Morlun and buy more time?

Also... Mikey's a TALENTED surfer.. So what's to say that he can't surf his way down? I mean the 87 show has shown him using debris or even his own board (which he has uses in situations) to surf in sewers or downhill other environments?

He might not have to face Morlun. He just has to get away.

5 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Serious question how well would the TMNT handle the cold of Everest, because that could also be a factor as well.

Depends on the versions.

I know that the 1987 TMNT have been to other environments before and they've been frozen in blocks of ice, and they turned put just fine without short or long term effects.

SOMEHOW... Mikey is conscious and can talk... THROUGH ICE.

Just now, RakaiThwei said:

Depends on the versions.

I know that the 1987 TMNT have been to other environments before and they've been frozen in blocks of ice, and they turned put just fine without short or long term effects.

I only ask because of how turtle biology might come into play, but then again, mutants, so..

1 hour ago, Twogunkid said:

Is the hot thread a new thing? @IKA Cool feature. If it is old and I just missed it, ignore me.

Been around a bit, just needs a lot of attention of a very short time to work.