Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 19774 Captain N vs. Master Hand

Macklemore

It's been 10 years since Kevin last saw his friends from VideoLand. He missed Lara. He missed Megaman, Simon, Kid Icarus and Samus. Who would've thought that the so-called best years of his life would be spent in a place he could never come back to, a place that he missed with all his heart. The void that was his friendship with these gaming icons could not be filled anymore by just playing the various games from his friends respective videogame franchises.

He put down the controller to the newly released "Super Smash Bros." on the Nintendo 64. Something about it felt off. It was characters he knew and loved, but he realized that making them fight for amusement wasn't what *they* would have wanted. Why were they doing this? Someone must be forcing them to fight.

Standing up to stretch himself, he looked down to where Duke used to sit whenever he would play his games. It's been a while since that dog passed, but he missed it just as much as he missed the fun times he had with his "virtual" friends. As he turned his back to his TV, he noticed a faint crackle emitting from it. The amount of sheer joy that coursed through him as he thought of past adventures was unexplainable. Moving his head to stare directly at his TV, he noticed that it was merely a by-product of his CRT acting up, the window to his imaginary videogame world glitching up.

Moving toward it, he gave it a swift slam from the top. "Stupid TV," he said, as a sudden portal erupted, swallowing him and sending him into the world of Super Mario Bros.

Being spat out in the world of video games felt... different now. Alongside himself, everything else got updated to make way for a  new dimension. One he had grown accustomed to in the real world, but one he had not experienced in VideoLand up until now. As he was walking around this new, yet recognizable landscape, he came across an old friend of his. "Kid Icarus, hey! Kid Icarus!" he yelled out to him. 

"Excuse me?" answered the young cherub. "Do I know you?" He was missing his signature voice which cracked as if he was going through puberty.

"Of course you know me, it's me. Your friend. Captain N."

"I think my friend would know that my name is actually Pitt, thank you very much," scoffed the angel boy.

"That's... not how I remembered it," thought Captain N to himself. Strange. Maybe it wasn't him, maybe it was a different character. Could just be something inspired by Kid Icarus. There were a LOT of different videogames nowadays, and most of them he had no time to play.

Running up to MegaMan, he is so happy to see his old pal again. But he was blue now. Why was he blue?

"Hey, Megaman!"

"Hey," he answered, no longer sounding like a chainsmoker. "Have we met?"

"What?!" he was incredulous. Of course they've met. Now he was certain they were pulling a trick on him. "It's me, your buddy. Remember how me, you, Kid Icarus, Samus, Simon, Gameboy and Lana used to deal with Mother Brain?"

"Uh, yeah. Listen, I'll be right back," said Megaman, rushing off for far longer than he promised.

"I really don't understand what happened," said Kevin, tapping his foot as if impatient. "What has changed?"

A gigantic white glove hovered over the man. Gently nudging his back with the pointer finger, the hand awaited for the so-called Game Master to turn himself toward him.

"Oh, huh, you're new," said Captain N. "You might know me, I used to be a big deal around here 10 years ago."

Open palm, Master Hand moved his body toward Captain N twice, and then closed his hand, before swiftly opening it up again with a small explosion as if to say "Wow, 10 years ago, that was a long time ago."

"Yeah, so you know me, right?" asked Captain N.

Master Hand waggled his finger. "No."

"Huh."

Awkward silence.

Master Hand pointed at N's jacket, specifically the N on it as if to ask "What does this stand for?"

"Nintendo."

Awkward silence yet again.

"Hey, if I beat you in this weird, tournament thing you have going on, will you let me in on why the hierarchy has changed? I don't remember VideoLand being like this."

Master Hand simply gives Kevin a thumbs up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain N (Captain N: The Game Master) vs. Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)

- Fight takes place in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Final Destination Stage
- Win by KO
- No extra lives, respawns or power-ups allowed
- In-character
- Captain N is 10 years older than he was in the show
- Both sides have access to any weapons and equipment available to them

• Like 1

I used to watch Captain N when it was on TV. Master Hand didn't exist back then but he would have been a cool villain for him in the cartoon. Although he would have been badly nerfed to fit the tone on the show like Mother Brain was.

Captain N is designed to defeat something like Master Hand. By his nature he wins this.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed out on this, Macklemore. This matchup takes me back. Nice bits of side humor, too. I just wished Samus actually showed up on Captain N's show instead of just in the side comics. 

I think Kevin rightfully won this one, since he was such a good gamer on the show back in the day and probably had some updated controller tools here. 

• Like 1