Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Polar Express at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros. Pictures

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Costume Contest

• Haha 1

The Alien Costume was created by H.R. Giger, an artist who has inspired many with his grotesque Biomechanical art style.

The Alien Costume was so disturbing that it won the 1979 Academy Award for visual design.  It's been over-used since then, of course, but it was cultural nightmare fuel when the public first saw it back when Alien was released.

Trains are cool also, but costume-wise I believe the art of H.R. Giger and the Alien design in particular has had more impact on the culture than Polar Express.

• Like 1

I just want to say that I saw the match-up and thought Alien on the Polar Express sounded like some sort of B-movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Hey @Fox maybe you should have specified that when drafting holiday characters that they should be characters that you can realistically dress up as for Halloween. Just saying.

I'm not running this draft event or providing the challenges.  This is @IKA site and show.

I'm just technical support. 🙂

• Thanks 1

For the mix of scenario and characters getting a good laugh out of me, you have thus earned your 40th like, UMPIRE. 😆I always wanted one of my Draftees to get into something like this. 

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The idea of somebody walking into a house party dressed as an entire train is way too funny for me. I can't pass the chance up to vote for it.

You'd be surprised how elaborate cosplay and Halloween costumes can get, my man. I could see one person or even a group of people pulling this off. 

2 hours ago, Nesh said:

I just want to say that I saw the match-up and thought Alien on the Polar Express sounded like some sort of B-movie.

I have a feeling the Polar Express is going to get into a lot of B-Movie scenarios before the Draft is done. :) 

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Hey @Fox maybe you should have specified that when drafting holiday characters that they should be characters that you can realistically dress up as for Halloween. Just saying.

When I had made this challenge, it was made with the intention of the characters themselves should be dressing up, not that they should be the inspiration for the outfit. 

That said, sometimes interpretation and the arguments of should be called into debate. Since I put this as my example challenge in the announcement forum I had assumed that the Polar Express would be allowing them to fail this challenge in hopes of winning others, I did not predict these outcomes. 

I think I will allow it to be continued as debateable interpretation, more fun that way anyhow.

halloween-parade-01-ht-jef-181031_hpMain

I'll just leave this here. Heh.

Truthfully however, this contest could get pretty interesting. Xenomorphs in general are an interesting costume choice, but the first one is probably the most generic in terms of the variations that came after its debut.

14 hours ago, GreyPanther said:

Ok one is actually doable lol And cool. 

Oh, I don't know. As I mentioned, people can get pretty elaborate with their costumes. I've seen multiple people dress up within one huge costume, and an especially-elaborate Polar Express outfit would be no different. The bulk of the costume and the difficulty of lugging it around alone would guarantee points from the judges.